1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Picture #4

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Keiji, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I will join next time =), i sadly can't join now.. :(

2. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Next time will be in a very long time, I suggest you get your ass to work and experience it now.

3. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some updates!
    A little bit of slow progress, didn't have too much time to work on it so this is just a few hours of sitting at the editor (and mostly importing rips) - Joking!

1. If you remember the first picture the buddha head cliff should be more lightened so I made a stupid mistake and replaced it with a darker rock.
    2. If the units won't work to well in the scene I'll remove them all togheter.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Picture without units
    Backups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Without units, trust me!

5. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll think about it.
    Won't remove until I see how the dead guy on the rock looks in the scene. This is supposed to be a murder scene after all.

6. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why does using a shitload of custom models and textures give you the reputation of a "good" terrainer?

7. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont got a computer, and i would like to have made my first terrain before i join.

8. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats mostly the same as asking, why does using Photoshop make you a good artist, while naturally it doesn't necessarily do that, it does help people to make their art look better, and as such does good looking models and textures help a terrainer make a terrain look better.

Mostly, though, it is a matter of taste and preference.

9. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You call 3-4 small imports a shitload?! Get some glasses. And it's not finished, some might be removed in the end.

10. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I found at least 7 imports in your terrain, and only 2 of them I can call small.

11. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Dont get angry, it should be possible for you to keep calm while explaining.

12. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then why dont i see any original models/textures?Even your sky is fake!

13. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mii~ Let's calm down everyone.

14. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a contest, and you should not complain about it here. If you want to troll do it another place, we are trying to have a contest.

15. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Trolman, stop trolling me!
    Yeah right! This is supposed to be a Terraining Contest so the sky is made with the "sky model from the UTM map".
    I don't usually respond to stupid comments nor do i get upset just by reading some text but today I had a bad day and got realy pissed so after I read the text I got even more pised.
    You were lucky today but you don't bug me anymore so find yourself a another victim!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7? Do you need glasses as well?
    Recount!
    1 2 3 4 5
    [​IMG][/IMG]

16. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uuu~ We can count it all as imports, the felsen rocks (I guess they're felsen) The grass. The water and the tiles.

17. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh shit dont beat me up or anything, because i defenetly wouldnt want that to happen!

ALso what's the grass and the rocks then -.-

18. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ignore the petty trouble-maker, my reply to him should suffice enough for anyone.

Also, as a point-outer, "import" basically means anything that is not from the original editor, toby. And hence everything, as far as I can tell, in your terrain is imported, even the ground texture.
    There is, however, nothing wrong with that, and no reason whatsoever to defend your import list, hell, don't get me started on how large my import register is >.>

Also, do me the favor of refraining from the usage of the term "do you need glasses."

19. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Exactly.

I still agree, that people should use less imports. I mean imports look nice and all, but its not even remotely Warcraft. People should use more things from Warcraft itself, even though thats not much.

20. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok! Alagremm, I apologize! And I completely forget about the Custom Tiles.:xxd:
    ---this are all the imports I'll use---
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So using the models from the utm map counts as using stuff from Warcraft itself?!~ And besides, the goal is to make a image whit any given resources not a playeble map, am I wrong?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The rocks are frome utm.