• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The origins of your alias/screen name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This topic is all about your aliases/sreen names and how you made them up. i'll start.

Xeridanus = X + Eridanus (which is a constellation)

now its your turn.

Level 6
That is really interesting, are those names common where you come from?

If your nicknames are Trilobite and Jaws, how did you get those namse?

As for my real name, Olof is a Scandinavian name, I'm half swedish
And my last name, Moleman, is Dutch

And about my nicknames...
Jaws was the first nickname I had, I used to play Jazz Jackrabbit2 a lot with my brother, and he sorta forced me to be called Dodo (just for fun) until I came up with a new nickname. And his nickname at the time was Ninja Rabbit, when I came up with Jaws as a new nickname, sorta as revenge I tough that he should be called Dodo for once, and thus his nickname was born, Ninja Dodo (that's stil his nickname. And then I always used Jaws on the internet, until I found out that on some sites, that nickname was already taken, so on some sites I used olofmoleman, because there was almost no chance at all that that name would be taken already. Later when I joined a forum about fossils I called myself Trilobite (I like trilobites, and that name was also already used on some sites (although less then Jaws), so now I mostly call myself just olofmoleman on internet.

Edit: and Jaws is of course derived from the movie (when I first used that name I hadn't actually wached any Jaws movie.
and a Trilobite is a prehistoric arthopod that lived in the sea during the Paleozoic era.

Level 23
My internet name is linked with my real name... Through the mists of time it changed; evolved, even. It has now reached the perfection only an acronym can have; RDZ is here. And yet, even it may one day be sundered by the weight of the wind - who knows what the future might bring?

Level 9
Raiju = japanese thunder demon, sits by the side of Raiden the demon lord (yeah this is not MK, its a real deity) and is responsible to survey the steps of Rai-taro (thunder holy kid) over the earth

it is said that when a thunder strokes a tree its Raiju sharpening its claws. cool isnt it?

@DvO i cant see the latin part of your nick, really....

Level 9
Dan van Ohllus said:
Raiju said:
@DvO i cant see the latin part of your nick, really....

Many Latin words and names ends with "-us", like Aquaticus for example.
(Latin was used in Rome in about thousand years ago, but can be found in the ?wordbook?)

i know what is latin, but "Ohllus" is not a latin word, or im damn mistaken...

Level 6
Wow, so many responses. Keep it up guys!

I think DvO has latinised his name, not taken an actual word. You don't find names in the dictionary.

Level 6
I got my name from when I was growing
poisonous mushrooms in my basement. I
used to feed amanita phalloides and
amanita virosa to rodents to keep the
population down. Poor rats...

Level 9
just because you put an "us" or "i" termination doesnt make a latin word :?

bah, the nick is yours you can make whatever you want with it, just dont say its latin because its not

why the X before Eridanus?

Raiju said:
just because you put an "us" or "i" termination doesnt make a latin word :?

bah, the nick is yours you can make whatever you want with it, just dont say its latin because its not

Ok, whatever! The Latin was something that come up in my brain though.

Mecheon said:
My name is but a spawn of the age where Pokemon was popular

Never heard of a pokémon called Mecheon. Are you sure it's from Pokémon and not Digimon?

Level 25
Yes. Its inspired by pokemon

While everyone was off naming a small round blue pokemon known now as "Marril" but then as "Pikablu" based upon no actual firm knowledge, I was immagening what would happan when you combinded heavy artilery with a small fox-like pokemon called "Eevee", noted for all of its evolutions ending with "Eon"

Level 6
About the latin thing, names are different in other languages, cos they might be hard to pronounce or spell. So they change them slightly. For example jesus is greek for joshua which is a hebrew name.

ah, the origins of afronight.

well it dates back to the days of starcraft. well my best friend decided to grow an afro. it was basically the center of many inside jokes and humor etc. eventually he started a clan in starcraft called the afroknights. he was the leader (afroknight_69) and i was afroknight_76. when i decided to move onto wc3 i decided to keep that name since i couldnt think of anything better. i left the 'k' out for laziness purposes.

Level 22
I was a huge fan of the Variable Geo fighting game series back in the day. My name is of my favorite character I used to play from that series, Satomi Yajima;

satomi.jpg
143665144840a11a6aa9d5e.jpg

Variable Geo (VG) has sort of become my personal mascott series due to my combined love of catfights (and I dont mean felines), video games and anime, which was why I adopted it as my screen name in anything gaming, anime or female combat related. Clef_san is my pen name for everything else, which is my middle name.
-VGsatomi

Level 6
Well mine has quite a long story for a name.
I loved the name Ace when i was younger and started to adapt letters to it because it was normally always taken on the net and stuff. I eventually come to the conlusion i like Mace the best and no i was so young i didnt know waht starwars was. Finding that was more popular then my old name Ace i tried changing a different letter eventually coming to the conclusion of Mavu which i thought sounded really mystic or discreet ect. But something was missing so i started changing letters and adding letters and stuff. It eventually became Mavue. Which i thought was really cool but i was always asked if i was japanese or chinese so i started changing and moving letters around eventually coming to what you see today of MAVUS! (M-ay-v-uh-s)

Level 13
My name...someday I was going to play war3 with some friends n I didnt hav a nick, so I had to think a nick quickly...so I came up with jigrael...yeah doesnt sound too cool but whatever...Since then Im using this name in internet n untill now I havent find any other user with that nick. Also my nick is pronounced he-grah-l

Level 5
PEONMASTER came from me being a master of peons. When I doo a local server with my brother or friends I'm usually Orc and I build millions (literally) of towers and the computers have no way of getting into my town...so I was the master all the peons (75 - 90) that built my towers. One time, I built all there towers, and then I was out of money...but so were the computers. And all I had was two demolishers and a goblin zeppilin. But they had a decent sized army...but they couldn't win because my towers would own them, so they never even tried...that was a game that would have literally never ended.

Level 5
PEONMASTER came from me being a master of peons. When I doo a local server with my brother or friends I'm usually Orc and I build millions (literally) of towers and the computers have no way of getting into my town...so I was the master all the peons (75 - 90) that built my towers.

One time, I built all there towers, and then I was out of money...but so were the computers. And all I had was two demolishers and a goblin zeppilin. But they had a decent sized army...but they couldn't win because my towers would own them, so they never even tried...that was a game that would have literally never ended.

Level 13
Hmm.... My screen names..
Well, I think that Infested Kerrigan is the most fun unit in Starcraft, so there you go. Though some of my equally nerdy friends call me Kerrigan instead of Kate so that's how that all goes.
Then as far as my other screen name i use (Ravaging Alien), that was created after my friend created a 3D aimation of an Alien (as in from the movie Alien) tearing down a hallway. Hehe, took me so long to download it because it wasn't formatted but it was most awesome ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.