1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Order Of Light

Submitted by Svetli
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
The Order Of Light
Created by Svetli

Installation:
Place the ''The Order Of Light''- file inside your campaigns folder. Don't rename it. Tested with Frozen Throne v1.26. Go to Single Player and choose Custom Campaigns.

Map Info:
The Order Of Light Story: The story begins, when King Terenas send Vignar Gray-Mane(Paladin Of The Silverhand) to complete some missions in two continents, against the Orcish rebels. Unfortunately, after a small amount of time, the Scourge invaded Lordaeron and this campaign tells the important events from the story. The campaign contains 11 maps. 8 normal, 3 cinematic maps and 1 bonus for credits. There are more features of the campaign of course, but you'll have to see for yourself. (Report for any bugs)

Features:
- 7 playable maps + 3 cinematic maps + 1 bonus for credits
- 25 custom units (generally)
- 12 varied objectives
- lore-heavy, cannonical storyline, set after the second war

Screenshots:

Gameplay Screenshots

Image Description:
The Kurast Jungle

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Fall Of The Frostwolves

[​IMG]

Image Description:
The Dark Desert

[​IMG]

Image Description:
The Plague Lands

[​IMG]

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Daniel Ivanov
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • The Hive Workshop
Also thanks to:

Models:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Skins:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Icons:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Tutorials/Systems:
  • Svetli
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Design:
  • Svetli
Author's notes:

Pheww, i've finally managed to let the dream come true. Starting and finishing a project and giving the people chance to play it. Actually i didn't spent my whole time on this project, but all is i can to do now without having to think that i still have work to do. I hope that you have at least as much fun playing this as i had creating it.

[​IMG]

Keywords:
Vignar Gray-Mane, Uther Lightbringer, Jaina Proudmoore and Captain Peter.
Contents

The Order Of Light (Campaign)

Reviews
22:01, 6th Oct 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: See my review.
  1. KingLich

KingLich

Resources:
    Resources:
    Decent campaign

Everything was so random... lol... but it was ok. It was very easy though.
    About the epilogue, what about Admiral Proudmoore killing the King and crowning himself for a new campaign where you fight against his tyranny blablabla...
    Btw I couldn't get all hero skills to the max with the main hero, you could make enemies award more XP to level faster.

2. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No screenshots?

3. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Svetli:
    That's my first campaign, don't surprise if you find a little mistakes in my maps:wink:, i think it doesn't have, but report if you found. By the way in the bonus credits, i've brook a mistake, sometime the rabbits in the field have moved at the west, sometime at the east, and upward one rabbit, if they moved at the west or the upward rabbit at the north, they will prevent the move of the starting unit and will bungle ALMOST evrything :wink:.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  4. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eh, no screenshots?
    Anyway, gonna check out and give a little review. :wink:

Edit: Here it is!

POSITIVES
    - Terrain is good, could use some more work, but acceptable
    - Cinematics are simple, but done well
    - Fun gameplay (sometimes)
    - None bugs found

NEGATIVES
    - When you state that it's "Lore-heavy" campaign, I expect that it will follow the Warcraft lore, not that it takes the original lore and bangs it's brain out
    - Some grammar mistakes, but nothing really bad
    - I see that you didn't want to create an ordinary paladin, so you gave him some non-paladin spells, that's cool, but Paladin without Holy Light is like Necromancer without the ability to revive dead
    - A lot of things don't make much sense, but I won't write everything down, that would be waste of time
    - No game cache (moving your hero items and xp to the next map)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. ByMighty

ByMighty

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well for your work i will give you +5 :) But the campaign really needs fix.
    Hope you have time to fix it. I totally agree with Majkowski

6. Nicolas Warchief

Nicolas Warchief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Só pelo nome me interessei vou jogar se eu gostar daqui a 3 dias eu dou 5 Estrelas e também você podia na sua próxima campanha fazer sobre os Undeads porque é uma raça que merece uma campanha maneira.

7. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please know that this is an English only site. You may be banned if you keep typing in another language more.

Review

The Order of Light is a vanilla campaign loosely based off of Warcraft 3 lore. While bugs seem to be nonexistent and everything seems to work properly, the repetitious gameplay and confusing + bland story line sadly outweighs the positives.

The problem with the gameplay is that it gives no reward and it offers nothing at least semi-innovative. A player would just go on moping around the map killing creeps for 20-30+ minutes with the only thing different about killing these things is that they aren't the same creep over and over. Yes, sometimes there's a very tiny "unit shout out" or cinematic, but that's about it. Every scenerio in killing creeps so far through level four has been generic. And when the gameplay style does change, it still doesn't offer anything new. The first mission's RTS phase was identical to the second RoC human campaign mission. Other parts of the gameplay, the items, we're also so unvaried. Basic consumable items (e.g. health and mana potions) overwhelmingly dominate the item drops. The remainder of those items are usually basic stat boosters like +3 strength. There really isn't much interesting about that. What's also a let down in these maps are that the side quests don't reward anything. Almost all approved campaigns and blizzard campaigns have sidequests give the player a boost which can be entertaining.

The story is very confusing. It's also as cliche as its uninspired. As far as I've played, there really is nothing to follow. The missions played we're all about a seemingly irrelevant group of men lead by Paladin Vignar Grey-Mane who, as one who's trying to follow the story, is someone I cannot attach or relate to. There is nothing about him we know except that he's been appointed by King Terenas to fight a bunch of orcs. The confusing part is how the story jumps months / years to all over Azeroth and how they don't or barely connect. I know this was a design choice which is unique, but I really don't see anyone going to enjoy that feature.

The terrain of the map was quite nice to see, though. It's blizzard like and pretty average. It's not dull by many means but in no where I am impressed.

On a miscelleneous note, the English is readable but most cinematic lines have grammar mistakes. This doesn't make the campaign bad at all in my opinion, it just shows that you may have to study up on your English if you're trying to get better at it :D

Here are my suggestions on what you should to with the campaign.
    I don't want you to think of this as a wasted time spent. You have numerous options you can do to build upon the map other than just look at it as a great learning session.
    - Create multiplayer maps out of these terrains
    - Put these campaign maps into other campaigns so they make much more sense story wise
    - Radically change the players forces and hero into something that would make sense travelling around Azeroth. A divine being? A sorcerer specializing in portals?
    - Simply try to make everything tie in better
    - Or you can just start fresh

Anyway, map rejected. You're allowed to upload a new campaign radically improved or completely different based of of this one. Remember about the repetitive gameplay, its uniqueness, and flowing story!

Good luck!

8. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I am dissapointed... There is approved campaigns more badly than mine. I'm 13 years old, so i don't think i deserve rejected, and my campaign is not more bad than the approved maps/campaigns... :goblin_cry: :ogre_icwydt:

9. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry man ;(

Standards are standards. Maybe 5+ years ago your campaign would've been accepted, but the standards are higher now. Look, the campaign isn't completely doomed. It still has the potential of it being fixed.

10. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The age isn't an excuse, but I agree that there are way worse maps and campaigns on this site.

11. Nicolas Warchief

Nicolas Warchief

Resources:
    Resources:
    So if I create the campaign that you accept language is English ? You can not be in another language if I can not get banned is that?