• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Oakwood Forest

Level 28
No!!! I was really rooting for this project to be finished! Well I understand that you already spent a lot of time for this project and handling a huge project mostly alone is really stressful, but I'm still hoping that we can hear something from you soon. Though I'm really disappointed to hear this but I'm still here supporting this project.

EDIT:

How in the hell that maps with no future keeps getting help on the map development section and a great map like this doesn't even get some love. </3

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Dear Tecum!
I think i understand what you mean, Searching for helping people is hard work,
and virtual reality makes a search for real help not easier.

I was allways fascinated from this project. So i hope, this is a break for a time and not for the whole.

I cant code and i am no help, but what exactly do you search? A coder /Jazz??
(Maybe i could beg people for you, cause thats a part of my ordinary job in some kind ...:)

Level 19
Great to read you're so supportive.
In my opinion I still love what I made so far and I'm still very dedicated to the project.
It's just that I don't have the time to work on it and I don't know when or if I will ever get the time for it again.
The barrier is just very high because the coding became very complicated for anyone to step in to, because there is a list of 60 systems that all work together in a certain way.
Even if I would have the time for it, it would be a bitch to find a coder good enough to work with it and even then he must have the time for it.

If there is any news I'll update this.
But just don't count on it too much because I'm in a very very busy school year atm.

Level 19
^
Does it mean we can expect some news soon?

No sorry.
Once a month a post must happen here, else the forum will delete the oakwood sub-section. For now there's no news.
Might happen something during the summer break, but for now school is too demanding.:)

Level 28
bsUlGYX.jpg

Level 19
Can you at least replace that Huntress whit new class ! =)

Huntress replacement is the Templar:

(Screenshot was added) (model made by PROXY especially for the project)
(Screenshot for his 'Avatar' is not needed. It is just an edited water elemental with white glow around him and hero glow beneath him)

Templars are high elven warriors armed with a 2-handed sword and medium armor. They can chose between gearing as a fast and mobile warrior using Agility, Haste and Dexterity or a more defensive magical hero using strength, Might and Dexterity.
Even though he can chose to gear with strength, the Templar isn't a good tanking hero. You will get that when reading further.

The main system of the Templar is his spirit bar. This bar displays the spirit the templar has. Whenever the spirit reaches 100% he can activate his 'Swap' ability. Swapping between himself and his Avatar. (I'll explain that below)
He gains some spirit over time, while some abilities also affect spirit gain.

The templar's avatar is a big water elemental that is uncontrollable but follows the templar very closely (melee range, right behind him). The avatar is in the spirit world and can only be hit by spells but he's extra vulnerable to them. Most of the Templar's attacks always let his spiritual follower do a side-effect.
The most useful ability of the templar is his Swap ability, which swaps the roles of himself and his avatar; making it so that the templar becomes ethereal while following his non-ethereal water elemental. Literally swapping their roles and position.
For comfort I'll talk about the leader and the follower. The leader is in the real world; taking 100% normal damage, while the follower is in the spirit world; taking 0% physical damage and 166% magical damage. The templar is the normal leader while his Avatar (the water elemental) is the follower. When he uses swap their roles change so that the Avatar is the leader and the templar is the follower. The follower will always be uncontrollable and the leader will be under full command of the player. So even if the templar is following, the player can only move the Avatar form around so that the templar follows it.
If the Avatar dies it will cause the templar to enter the real world again while triggering a 30 seconds cooldown until the Avatar can spawn again. If the templar dies (even when following) he and his Avatar will both be defeated.

Because of this the Templar is a highly mobile and great pvp hero. He can swap to follower mode versus physical enemies to let his Avatar tank, or he can stay as a leader to do higher agi-based damage versus casters. But remember that the follower is always vulnerable for magic damage, so it is wise to not let the Templar follow when playing against high magical bursters. This might result into a quick loss if they focus their spells on the ethereal Templar.

Example abilities:

Thrust:
Normal form - Charge a small distance in front of you; dealing Agi*2.0 physical damage to targets you pass and orders your Avatar to movement slow targets hit by 75% for 2 seconds.
Avatar form - Charge a small distance in front of you; dealing Str*2.0 water damage to targets you hit while dragging them along. Additionally orders the Templar to reduce the attack speed of targets hit by 75% for 2 seconds.

Spiritual Healing:
At the cost of 10 spirit per second this ability heals your follower for 5% of his max. hp every second until your spirit is depleted.

Shackles (ranged):
Normal form - Summon shackles around the target for 3 seconds; immobilizing it while silencing it for the duration.
Avatar form - Summons shackles around the target for 3 seconds; immobilizing it while disarming it for the duration.

Spirit Cloak:
Normal form - Makes your Avatar invulnerable for 12 seconds.
Avatar form - Makes the Templar invisible for 12 seconds with a 1 second fade-timer. Every time he is damaged he will become visible again until the fade-timer wears off.

So all in all. The Templar isn't basically 1 hero. It's 2 hero's in 1 so it's a hard hero to master but a very strong one if played right.

Attachments

• Templar.png
    Templar.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 212
Level 15
Hmm, interesting idea... You did great job to make these classes unique mate ! Buts its too bad that this is never going to be finished... =(

EDIT: I mean, I really hope that this is going to be finished, but I saw many great ideas and maps, and maybe 3 of them are now finished... =(

Last edited: