1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Oakwood Forest

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bump.
    And I just changed the name of my profile here for various reasons.
    Just so you guys know, I'm Sephalo now but still the same person.;-)

3. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still waiting for that "more info coming SOON" !

4. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will reveal more info when the people that are helping me are ready for it.
    I told them to not rush things because this isn't a factory;-)
    Whenever they're ready I'll show you stuff, don't worry.

5. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Sephalo I can understand them.
    Since three years you keep telling them "wait for it" and bump it on the same time.
    A thread without new information will be dead, whether you bump it or not.
    Maybe ask the people stuff, collect feedback or do something about the map to make them keep replying.

But don't bump it but then there will be no "real" news for months.

6. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I don't bump these entire subforums will be deleted since there has to be a post here once a month to not delete it. I don't want to lose this content so I have to keep bumping once in a while.
    And I wish I could come with news, but I can't. I'm working on this on my own, and the people that offered help all of a sudden don't reply anymore to my questions if they could please contact me. At this point I will lose alot of progress if I don't want for their reply first. Progress that's hard to make on my own, because it's about coding which is my weak spot.

So I can't come with information unless these people send me the updated map first. The map is at a point that it's nearly done and I can't do much more myself apart from working from where those people stopped.

But once again. I wouldn't bump if I didn't have to. But I don't want all the info on this subforum to be lost so I got to bump here once a month.

7. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This project still have my full support and I'm still waiting for the update for the new class that will replace the Huntress.

8. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Once the model is ready I'll release the info because I want to show a screenshot.:)
    About that. I'll send a pm right away to check the model's progress.

9. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't wait!

10. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guys I'll have a small (sad) update.

I'm not enjoying working on Oakwood that much lately. Currently only terribly hard stuff is left to do for me which I can't without help. Because of this I kinda need some distraction for a while because it has all been very frustrating in the past that I continuesly have to find new people to beg for help, since they never seem to stay for long or have many great words but few to no deeds. (With the great exception of RaiN. ofc, who has done ALOT for the project)
    Since it is also very stressy at school and everything else in real life, I decided to put this project on a hold for an unknown period. Most likely I will start working on it again when I've had a vacation or get into a roleplaying mood again.

Nowadays I'm working a bit on a board game map in the little free time I have. It's nothing big, but just something to do apart from Oakwood, since I've been working on Oakwood 100% of my wc3 time during the past few years.

I'll keep bumping this thread just to not lose the forums and all the info. And I deffo won't say Oakwood is dead, but I just need a break from the stress it gives me. Because even if I am not working on it, I feel some stress because I should work on it because people are waiting on it. And since I'm already camping with stress symptoms from things in real life, I think it's better to just put this on a hold.

I hope you can understand it, and as soon as I start working on it again I'll post the info. But don't expect more then bumps from me for a little while.

Seph.

11. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sad news =(
    Only reason visiting this site is this map, at least for me !
    Hope you are coming back mate ! =D

12. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No!!! I was really rooting for this project to be finished! Well I understand that you already spent a lot of time for this project and handling a huge project mostly alone is really stressful, but I'm still hoping that we can hear something from you soon. Though I'm really disappointed to hear this but I'm still here supporting this project.

EDIT:

How in the hell that maps with no future keeps getting help on the map development section and a great map like this doesn't even get some love. </3

13. Gwy

Gwy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear Tecum!
    I think i understand what you mean, Searching for helping people is hard work,
    and virtual reality makes a search for real help not easier.

I was allways fascinated from this project. So i hope, this is a break for a time and not for the whole.

I cant code and i am no help, but what exactly do you search? A coder /Jazz??
    (Maybe i could beg people for you, cause thats a part of my ordinary job in some kind ...:)

14. TitanDeath

TitanDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aww I was looking forward to seeing this map soon. Whenever you do finish it though I'll come play it asap :p

15. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great to read you're so supportive.
    In my opinion I still love what I made so far and I'm still very dedicated to the project.
    It's just that I don't have the time to work on it and I don't know when or if I will ever get the time for it again.
    The barrier is just very high because the coding became very complicated for anyone to step in to, because there is a list of 60 systems that all work together in a certain way.
    Even if I would have the time for it, it would be a bitch to find a coder good enough to work with it and even then he must have the time for it.

If there is any news I'll update this.
    But just don't count on it too much because I'm in a very very busy school year atm.

16. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anti-Delete Bump

17. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bump bump ! =d

18. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
  19. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^
    Does it mean we can expect some news soon?

20. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    No sorry.
    Once a month a post must happen here, else the forum will delete the oakwood sub-section. For now there's no news.
    Might happen something during the summer break, but for now school is too demanding.:)