• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Mustering of Lorne Mire

full

(WARNING: Although HD / Reforged CAN be used for this map, for now it is recommended to play in Classic. This is because some models and voices do not function properly in HD. If playing on v1.31 a legacy version of the map can be found in the comments below, though bear in mind it will not have all the content of the latest version.)

THE FORGOTTEN HAVE COME

'A tide of undead has swept through the known world. Few now remain to oppose them. Three weeks ago the undead hosts invaded the northern Kingdom of Cecia. The country is in disarray.

Elbury the Stalwart, Captain of the Guard, travels to the town of Lorne Mire where a massive undead force is soon to arrive... Lorne Mire rests at a choke-point, standing between the Northwest and the overrun south. To buy time for the North-Western armies, Lorne Mire must not fall.'

THE MUSTERING OF LORNE MIRE

The Mustering of Lorne Mire is a story-rich single player scenario / 'campaign style' map that has been updated since 2013, but now features vastly improved mechanics, cinematics, models, music and content across the board.

The Mustering of Lorne Mire is a defensive 'campaign map' that can take approximately 50 minutes to complete. It follows the classic "prepare and defend" scenario that are always my favourite missions in any campaign. It is intended to be fairly difficult, taking the time to find secret characters, efficiently managing upgrades from the blacksmith and unit preservation is the key to victory. Save often.

Please notify me if you find any bugs: although I playtest each new build multiple times, sometimes bugs sneak through!

A PLEA FOR HELP

My lord Elbury, General of Cecia.

It is a sombre evening as I write this letter, I must humbly beseech you for aid in defending our humble town of Lorne Mire. You can only be well aware of the doom overwhelming our fair nation of Cecia, much as it is the entire world. I understand you must be preoccupied preparing the defences of your own fiefdom, but I must emplore you: ride with haste to save the gentle folk of Lorne Mire! I ask not out of selfish desire, but rather because our humble town rests at the centre of a bottleneck twixt two mountainous ridges; to defend our lands is to defend your own!

Your own forces must be meagre after the levies were called by our late King, may he rest in peace, but so are our own. Our town has been weakened immeasurably. The Mayor of Lorne Mire, Gedric, revealed himself as an agent of The Forgotten and their sinister ideology. During the night he and his ilk slaughtered a good portion of the garrison before fleeing into Clergy lands. There he awaits his masters, hiding behind a contingent of mind-controlled parish warriors.

Not only this, but during the rebellion hordes of monsters descended upon us, carrying off those defenders who did not die repelling them. The monsters have no doubt been driven north by the marauding undead. Whatever their purpose for kidnapping Lorne Mire's soldiers, they must be stopped and our men returned to us.

Ride to Lorne Mire, rally whatever civilians and allies that can bear arms and prepare for combat. Equip our militia for battle and drive back the monsters. Then you must surely bring justice to the traitor Gedric, curse his name! Then together we will make ready the defences. The undead will arrive shortly and, should they break through the bastion of Lorne Mire, it will mark the end of civilisation, perhaps all life.

Should you emerge victorious, however, you will be hailed saviour of Lorne Mire and surely all of Northern Cecia. If we fall... the alternative is almost too terrible to consider.

Your admiring comrade,

Sir Eric of Lorne Mire.

Basic Instructions

Follow the instructions provided in the cinematics and try to keep as many of your men alive as possible. You can rally civilians by moving your hero next to them (please note, only 'militant' women will fight for you, though others will still interact with you upon selection).

Make sure to upgrade your troops at the blacksmith and buy items at the market.

During the siege you may need to retreat to the town centre; the front gate may be overwhelmed but there are additional guards and towers to help with your final defense outside the town hall.

Throughout the map there are three secret characters that will aid in your defense, some easier to find than others. Finding all of them, keeping them alive and completing their bonus objectives may unlock various bonuses, including the true ending.

It is advisable to start by rallying all possible civilians, then targetting the kidnapping monsters and then moving into parish territory.

full

full

full

full

full

Models & Icons:
I have used the following imported models, big thanks to the creators:

Alethos - Villager Kid Female
Aquis - Bart (Villager)
Callatian - Elbury (Templar)
Cavman, Kuhneghetz - Female Footman (Guardswoman), Peasant Woman
Cloudwolf - Secret Character (Demon Hunter)
Chilla_killa - WOW Banner
ChirusHighwind - Target Spell Icon
Darkfang - Human Chaplain Icon
Direfury - Human Captain and General (Parish Footsoldier)
Fingolfin - Wheat Field
Freddyk - Dark Liason + Kei'thiras (Dark Soldier)
Grendel - Calcium Behemoth (Bone Construct) + The Watcher (Herald of Alteration)
Grey Knight - Dummy
GreyArchon - Secret Character (Dismounted Huntress)
Happy Tauren - Man-at-arms (Footman Revised)
HerrDave - Bishop Hero (Bishop) + Homestead Doodad
Kitabatake - Crossbowman (Crossbowman), Risen Horror (Porcupine)
LazZ - Martial Might (Victory Rush) + Critical Strike (Assassinate) + Warded Armour (Shield Guard) Icons
Mr Goblin - Zombie, Ghoul, Abomination, Necromancer Reskins! (Big thanks!)
Sellenisko - College Necromancer Balanesh (InquisitorMalendis)
Shiik - Peasant Archer (JakiraSilkwood)
Sin'dorei300 - Log
sPy - Righteous Fury (Holy Aura)
Stefan.K - Mayor Gedric (Alonsus Faol)
Tranquil - Knight Eric (Mounted Royal Captain)
Urkdrengi - Ironherald (DwarfWarrior)
Wereguy2 - Risen Troll (Undead Troll Reskin)
67chrome - Skeleton Archer (ReturnedArcher)

Music:
ShadowTor Studios: 'Climb The Hill'
Mikko Tarmia: 'Amnesia OST - 07 - Theme For Unknown' + 'Amnesia OST - 10 - Grunt's Appearance'
Martin O'Donnell: 'TFL Win Theme' + 'TFL Lose Theme' + 'Out of the Barrier' + 'Siege of Madrigal'
Dan Salvato: Easter Egg Theme
Nobuo Uematsu: Burmecian Kingdom
Creative Assembly: Dwarf Bonus Objective Sound

Finally, although The Mustering of Lorne Mire is an original story, I have taken inspiration thematically from Bungie's 1997 game "Myth: The Fallen Lords", which I highly recommend to anyone willing to stomach the aging graphics / gameplay!

08/08/2014: Added a custom preview image
10/08/2014: Sweeping terrain, model and map improvements.
12/08/2014: Fixed some sound bugs, minor terrain improvements
10/09/2016: Version 2.0 Launched, sweeping improvements across the board. Secrets added. Game rebalanced.
12/09/2016: Several bugs removed. Game rebalanced slightly. New spells for bosses, new enemies emerge from the graveyard! Defend must now be researched in order to balance the troll camp with the ogre camp. Various terrain improvements.
13/09/2016: More bug fixes. New quest added, all quests now complete!
22/10/2016: Bug fixes
14/11/2017: The secret character should no longer spawn in the incorrect position... oops. Improvements to tooltips and extensive terrain improvements. Bug fixes / trigger improvements.
25/11/2017: Improvements to terrain. Added content. An extra secret! Adjusted difficulty. Removed the strategy tag as it is tied to Risk.
22/12/2017: Definitive Edition Update. Added large amount of content, Parish Area. Improved terrain further. Improved all cinematics. Improved game functionality. Added new models, new quest. Reworked story progression. Added new upgrades, new secret character. Added easter egg. Added epilogue.
23/12/2017: Adjusted keybindings, tweaked cinematics, fixed multiple typos. Fixed several bugs in triggers. Tweaked Map Description. Added a Chaplain icon.
14/01/2017: Adjusted some triggers. Added a skip timer function after the 'Knight Eric' cinematic. Increased timer by 3 minutes because of this, now you can take a bit more time to explore and not feel rushed, but not have to wait around too long if you finish early.
17/01/2018: Added flavour text through items to every unit in the game. Fixed several bugs / typos.
21/01/2018: Made the two "bossfights" more spectacular and difficult. Several cinematics tweaked. Numerous typo fixes. Loading screen info adjusted. Numerous trigger edits. Hive description inc. Knight Eric's letter edited. Behold the Forgotten!
Also fixed extra typos and fixed other instances of cinematics not working as intended.
31/01/2018: Balance changes, the final army is largely weaker across the board. Terrain adjustments. Removed campaign tag due to request, it being only a single map. If people think the campaign tag was helpful in identifying the style of this map please let me know.
12/03/2018: Hardmode added. Bug and typo fixes. Rebalancing.
02/04/2018: Terrain adjustments. New hamlet added with a new Ogre, artifact and some "easter egg" (happy easter guys) potential for ressurection to acquire new units.
08/06/2018: Terrain adjustments, new tiles bestowed by the new patch! Balance changes, hard mode should be less sweaty. Gedric now drops a scroll of ressurection. Slight cinematic improvement.
12/06/2018: Further terrain adjustments. Gedric should now always drop a scroll of ressurection. Secret character buffed (too squishy!) Some weak shop items buffed. Some typos fixed.
18/8/18: Added 3 Unique investments (available at the Blacksmith), providing interesting new ways to defend Lorne Mire, more decision making when spending your valuable pennies!
19/8/18: Cleaned up a lot of triggers (let me know if you encounter any bugs, its possible some have snuck through). Made a host of terrain and model adjustments. Slight buff to the enemy as I felt the game is a bit easy at the moment. Whilst fighting the last encounter on hardmode the world will plunge into darkness.
20/8/18: Expanded the forests south of Lorne Mire, granting more opportunity for gold. Beware the Watcher's gaze (new flavour event for the eagle eyed, taking place at the exit North of Lorne Mire). Adjusted several sounds. Redid some flavour items. Fixed a bug where war hounds would roar eternally with no cooldown. Lit up Lorne Mire a bit more to make Hard Mode darkness less obnoxious.
26/8/18: The timer trigger was broken when some triggers were merged, oops! Fixed it, also uploaded new screenshots! Rebalanced slightly and fixed some typos / faulty behaviours. Please let me know if anything is broken!
14/9/18: Fixed some bugs (Bishop healing during cinematic, Archer Militia spawing incorrectly, music incorrectly resuming after the undead arrive)
11/11/18: Clarified some tooltips (the Dwarven Ring specifically stating that it's simply an item to sell, for example), fixed some minor audio problems, finally solved the 'units ressurect with an empty inventory' problem by simply removing their inventory ability when they die. Should stop people trying to give these units items and then being surprised when they can no longer drop them.
06/01/19: Some terrain improvements, cleaned some triggers. Again the timer appears to have been broken somehow, which has now been fixed.
07/07/19: Ideology update. New building: "The Scholar's Hall" & corresponding ideology militia upgrades. New secret character, available only to those who score the maximum possible score (hard mode + all secret characters activated & survived). Various improvements inc. development of Ogre / Troll areas. Some dialogue updates.
09/08/19: Some music improvements, trigger fixes to stop music resuming at inappropriate points etc.
12/08/19: Some triggers seemed to no longer function optimally with new update, fixed. Fixed some tooltips. Added further information to some blacksmith upgrades. Added vision of the Scholar's Hall post-upgrade. Some text adjustments. Flavour item given to M____a.
17/08/19: Fixed map description, incorrectly states map takes 30 minutes to complete.
18/08/19: Fixed some bugs caused by new updates, some sounds were not triggering. Added undead bats to final attack that will directly target structures. This should give more use to existing repair units.
30/08/19: Ideology Upgrade now grants 3 bonus militia. There appears to be a consistent error where sometimes the Bonus Upgrades (Peasant Bows, Ballista etc.) do not function properly. I've taken a stab at fixing these but I have genuinely no idea why this is happening as it isn't consistent and works most of the time. Cleaned up some triggers.
03/09/19: Cleaned up more triggers. Fixed an issue where bats do not spawn if you hit -skip. Fixed rare circumstances where the player could intentionally trigger multiple cut scenes at once.
15/11/19: Expanded starting area. Rebalanced structures / bats slightly (structures now have more armour and should not be so vulnerable to bats). Fixed some minor bugs.
02/04/20: Fixed some bugs (barrage not working on town hall etc). Minor map additions inc. new areas in Lorne Mire. All secret characters now have secret bonus objectives which will grant them small but permanent power boosts. These objectives will also reveal more backround to the characters. Some are more obvious than others. Some models have been tweaked as they were not functioning properly in reforged. Updated recommendation re: reforged.
06/09/2021: Large update - cinematics are finally skippable after all these years! Undead trolls and Ogres assail the town during the Siege. Many item adjustments - both to balance and to consistency. "The True Ending" cinematic added, for those who find all secret allies, keep them alive AND complete their bonus objectives. Bonus objectives for characters now have trackers and hints about how to complete them. Rebalancing. New icons added. Some triggers reoptimised / reprogrammed. Adjustments to text and lore. Lots of updates this patch so please let me know if there are any bugs.
08/09/2021: Some balance tweaks: buffed Balanesh and Bone Constructs, buffed Worth Protecting to +15 damage, buffed Brienelles Knights, some doodad tweaks.
10/09/2021: Removed a test unit that mistakenly was left in the upload - many apologies, like an idiot I uploaded the map before saving it! Also fixed a typo. Thank you Blasterixx for pointing these out!
02/09/2022: Fixed bug where the Revenant could trigger her redemption early/twice, causing an integer mismatch that could lock people out of the true ending despite having completed all prequsites. Slight rebalance to increase difficulty. Some typos fixed.
06/09/2023: Amalgam of Still-Living Flesh now spawns corpse spiders on death. Juna the Crafty unleashes the power of spirits to cast Flamestrike! Added a new sound effect to Ironherald's bonus objective completion. Added a new artifact to the shop as a gold sink. Troll priests can now cast Firebolt. Improved various item descriptions and hotkeys. Lowered the size of statue hitboxes as they were causing pathing issues.

**Last Updated 06/09/2023**

Keywords:
Undead, Invasion, Defence, Medieval, Singleplayer, Scenario, Campaign
Contents

The Mustering of Lorne Mire (Map)

Reviews
14:32, 3rd Apr 2013 Orcnet: decent map for a single player, although that timer is kinda long it would be great if you have a trigger that will set the timer off and start the undead fight for those who finish all of the quests quickly and another is...

M

14:32, 3rd Apr 2013
Orcnet: decent map for a single player, although that timer is kinda long it would be great if you have a trigger that will set the timer off and start the undead fight for those who finish all of the quests quickly and another is the cinematic scene, make a esc trigger that will skip those cinematics else map approved

Level 16
Here's some tips:

• You know you can add more "tiles" to your map? Advanced - Modify Tilesets. I think your map needs some more variations of grass, or maybe a nice stone path, or maybe some rocky tiles for the ogres or something. Anyway, you can experiment.
  • You need to make the castle a little more welcoming. I don't know how else to word it lol. The fact thats its very large (so it has many unimportant areas which are never explored and lots of boring walking) and theres little vision (so navigation is difficult and the map seems empty and more lonely). Maybe if you just give all the players a small amount of vision of the shops and fountains, it would be a little nicer. Also, maybe some scout towers or something to give vision of key areas. It depends if your trying to make the game scary or not if you should add vision though. If you are trying to make it scary, don't go overboard with vision.
  • You can also try to add unique areas to the castle. Theres a tonne of houses built in lines. And its the same all over the place. Just houses. Its a bit repetitive. Maybe add a park. A fountain in the middle, a path, pot plants, lanterns and tidy trees. You could add a market area or something too. It would be cool if the item shops were in the markets. Make each area of the castle look a little different and interesting. Of course, theres going to be lots of houses, but the whole thing doesnt have to be loaded with them.

I can't comment too much on gameplay though, I didnt play it for long enough. Good luck with your map.

Level 10
Lol, just finished the game. Elbury died like 2 second before the last evil boss died. I got defeat screen and then suddendly cinematic appeared that i won xD

Then dead Elbury was chatting with the knight for a moment and then instead of defeat i was victorious.

Level 8
Lol, just finished the game. Elbury died like 2 second before the last evil boss died. I got defeat screen and then suddendly cinematic appeared that i won xD

Then dead Elbury was chatting with the knight for a moment and then instead of defeat i was victorious.

Oh xD I'll have to try and fix that, shouldn't be too hard. Thanks for the information.

*Edit*

Fixed! Largish update too.

Last edited:
Level 21
A cute, little map this is.

Suggestions & Bugs:
Mark completed quests as completed - The Traitor Mayor didn't update.
Check triggers that run text messages from bosses - I lured the Mayor away from his seat, killed him, walked onwards to the seat and then his greeting message triggered.
Add some boss abilities.
Let players choose a fourth hero skill and more items.

For inspiration:
Watch the Hardhome battle from game of thrones.
Play the first mission of the Dwarven Campaign (hosted here on hive).

Level 8
A cute, little map this is.

Suggestions & Bugs:
Mark completed quests as completed - The Traitor Mayor didn't update.
Check triggers that run text messages from bosses - I lured the Mayor away from his seat, killed him, walked onwards to the seat and then his greeting message triggered.
Add some boss abilities.
Let players choose a fourth hero skill and more items.

For inspiration:
Watch the Hardhome battle from game of thrones.
Play the first mission of the Dwarven Campaign (hosted here on hive).

Thanks for the feedback! I've been thinking of what skill he could have for a fourth hero skill, I made a star-fallesque type one but that seemed quite overpowered in the final fight so I dropped it, I was trying to think of something flavourful yet not too broken. Perhaps he could summon a champion knight or something.

Do you have any pointers for getting the quests to update? I can't seem to ever find a way to complete them. I'm not an expert at triggers.
*edit* Actually think I've finally figured out quest completion, it wasn't so tricky.

Sorry about the greeting message, I'll have it trigger when the mayor leaves his pedestal rather than when the player approaches next update.

Waay back this was meant to be the first map of a campaign so the items are a bit limited, I'll add a few more consumables like scroll of the beast, potion of invulnerabilty etc.

I was having a bit of trouble getting the boss to cast spells correctly but I'll try to read up on how to teach him and make some interesting spells for him too.

Thanks again!

*edit* New update fixing these things!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-music should be played as music and not sound
-Elbury is spamming the "undead risen ghastly" and "these fiends will lead us to..." messages
-Monk's icon has a beard while the model does not. I guess the Chaplain's icon would suit better
-units selected during cinematic mode
-the man who took arms was named Elbury in the transmission
-the quest with the mayor is not optional as the player can't get inside the base if not finishing that quest first; also it is not marked as finished in the log
-"More playthings for Untar!" after he has been dead for at least 30 seconds
-Rescue Captured Soldiers doesn't appear as a quest in the log; also it's north-west and south-east not north and west
-I think a civillian turned into two Militia troops in the eastern part of the town
-what would stop the lich from bringing down towers too if it was so easy to crumble the gates?
-pretty difficult end game

3/5.

Level 8
-music should be played as music and not sound
-Elbury is spamming the "undead risen ghastly" and "these fiends will lead us to..." messages
-Monk's icon has a beard while the model does not. I guess the Chaplain's icon would suit better
-units selected during cinematic mode
-the man who took arms was named Elbury in the transmission
-the quest with the mayor is not optional as the player can't get inside the base if not finishing that quest first; also it is not marked as finished in the log
-"More playthings for Untar!" after he has been dead for at least 30 seconds
-Rescue Captured Soldiers doesn't appear as a quest in the log; also it's north-west and south-east not north and west
-I think a civillian turned into two Militia troops in the eastern part of the town
-what would stop the lich from bringing down towers too if it was so easy to crumble the gates?
-pretty difficult end game

3/5.

That's odd, several of those things should be impossible as I'd fixed them in the past. For example now the 'Playthings for Untar' message can only play if Untar enters a region. Maybe I uploaded a past version by accident, I'll have a look.

*edit*

I believe several fixes were lost somewhere between versions which I've reinstated. Namely the message spam at the start.

The chaplain icon is the one I am using, which has a beard. I could use a priest one but it's elvish. Good spot on the villager being called Elbury though, I don't know how I hadn't seen that.

As for units selected in cinematics, I don't seem to be able to fix this. (If anyone has a solution feel free to message, I've tried for a long time but didnt really think it was that major of a problem to spend hours on.) I have the cinematic 'Disable user control for all players' only it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

The quest should be completed after killing Gedric, I've been unable to replicate a situation in which it does not complete. Perhaps this was in the old version I uploaded. I've moved it over to essential quests now though!

I've also been unable to replicate Untar playing the message after his death, the only trigger that prints that message requires him to be alive so I'm stumped as to how that could've happened. I've added a further trigger that makes absolutely sure that trigger is disabled once the Ogre dies.

I've made rescuing the captured townsfolk a quest. Also fixed the North and West message.

RE: the end game being difficult, it is intended to be so! Oh and the lich's fortification demolition spell has a 24 hour cooldown.

Thank you for the feedback! Helped me to find those pesky bugs.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I have the cinematic 'Disable user control for all players' only it doesn't seem to fix the issue.
You also need to put the action "clear selection for player". I think it's in the Selection section of the Actions.
The chaplain icon is the one I am using
Hmm... you're right. My memory didn't serve me well. I guess, you could find a custom made icon in the Icons forum and/or search for one somewhere else. The last thing to do is edit/create one yourself, :D Of course, that icon doesn't matter. Does not affect the gameplay at all. The problem would've been if there were other units with the same icon.

Second Human Book of Arkain - Demo
There's a neat Chaplain icon in this campaign. Ask the author for it.

Last edited:
Level 8
You also need to put the action "clear selection for player". I think it's in the Selection section of the Actions.

Hmm... you're right. My memory didn't serve me well. I guess, you could find a custom made icon in the Icons forum and/or search for one somewhere else. The last thing to do is edit/create one yourself, :D Of course, that icon doesn't matter. Does not affect the gameplay at all. The problem would've been if there were other units with the same icon.

Second Human Book of Arkain - Demo
There's a neat Chaplain icon in this campaign. Ask the author for it.

Oh nice! I've added that to all the cinematics!

I'll see to getting a cleric icon soon!

Level 3
Finally beat it!
Hope Aryss rest in peace.

Bugs:
Those random lightning lit the town floor for eternity.
Better destroy the lightning effect right after they appear.

Level 8
Finally beat it!
Hope Aryss rest in peace.

Bugs:
Those random lightning lit the town floor for eternity.
Better destroy the lightning effect right after they appear.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the spot, will look to getting that fixed!

I think that version had Aryss spawn on map initialization out in the open? A not so secret character in 2.2 ha.

Last edited:
Level 8
when i download the file, it's a W3X file, and i need it to be a W3N file?
Hmm that's odd I'll have a look.

Edit: W3X Means it's a Frozen Throne map doesn't it? W3N designates it as a campaign file. I suppose whilst it's tagged as "campaign" in that it's a story driven singleplayer map, it's actually a regular scenario TFT map.

If this is causing misunderstanding I can untag it as a campaign, though if you just put it in the scenario folder afaik it should work fine!

Level 5
Fun map, a bit difficult at times though. I suggest using QWER keys for Elbury's abilities, so that they're much more accessible. His first ability has M as the hotkey, which is also the hotkey for the Move button. Nice DDLC reference btw

Level 8
Fun map, a bit difficult at times though. I suggest using QWER keys for Elbury's abilities, so that they're much more accessible. His first ability has M as the hotkey, which is also the hotkey for the Move button. Nice DDLC reference btw

That's a good idea, I've just been basing it off spell names like Warcraft III does but I'll change it to that since it makes more sense, considering how crucial micro is in this map.

Ahaha thank-you, I played it recently whilst creating the new update so thought it'd be a fun easter egg. New update coming soon with a few more bug splats and typo corrections.

Level 6
That's a good idea, I've just been basing it off spell names like Warcraft III does but I'll change it to that since it makes more sense, considering how crucial micro is in this map.

Ahaha thank-you, I played it recently whilst creating the new update so thought it'd be a fun easter egg. New update coming soon with a few more bug splats and typo corrections.

Well i haven't play your map for a while and i'm going to play it

Level 6
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any suggestions or encounter any bugs x )

Done playing and i quite say it was pretty terrific!

but in all seriousness it was awesome you know?! but err i do have a trouble for time

can you put at least 25 minutes :D and i do love the exile one but there will be more of this scenario? also there will be more EXILES? i want more

i rate this 10/10

because of the epilogue however the epilogue is about text and i get it but can make the epilogue with cinematics? oh well nvm

Level 8
Done playing and i quite say it was pretty terrific!

but in all seriousness it was awesome you know?! but err i do have a trouble for time

can you put at least 25 minutes :D and i do love the exile one but there will be more of this scenario? also there will be more EXILES? i want more

i rate this 10/10

because of the epilogue however the epilogue is about text and i get it but can make the epilogue with cinematics? oh well nvm

I'm glad you like it!

The time is something that I want to improve, I'd like to give people more time but I also find often people say there's waiting if they finish early. I'll try and create a trigger that lets you finish early (let the Undead arrive when you're ready) so that you have a bit more breathing room.

As for more exiles / secret characters I think the current amount is reasonable and it may be a bit difficult to add more whilst still keeping them fairly interesting, but I may or may not create a new map in future that could have more / continue on from this one. If I do make another map it may be a second mission following on from this one, but there are a few things I'd like to finish off (like being able to skip cutscenes) before I'd consider starting another.

and what is the new secret character hmm?

and damm the doki doki literature club reference why though

I'll PM you the last secret character... I have a feeling I know which one it was since it's the hardest to find in-game.

And ahaha I just threw that in because I'd played the game recently and it seemed like interesting way to 'punish/reward' anyone who was nosey enough to reveal the map as it's in-keeping with that game's lore that she hops around game files on your computer.

Level 8
I've added a skip timer function after the 'Knight Eric' cinematic. The timer was extended by 3 minutes because of this, now you can take a bit more time to explore and not feel rushed, but not have to wait around too long if you finish early.

If anyone finds any bugs relating to this new update please let me know, I've tested it a few times and it seems to be working correctly but I know how they can sneak through.

*Edit 17/01/2018*

Quite a big update. Added flavour text through items in inventory to every unit in the game. Fixed several bugs / typos. Please let me know if you find any typos as ALOT of text was added.

Last edited:
Level 8
Heya i have a question though

are you going to plan making a campaign out of it or just making fun scenario map

Hey x)

I'm open to the idea of making a campaign but I'm not sure if it'll end up happening or not yet. It'd be ALOT of work and I'm looking for a job currently and don't imagine I'll have the time to work on it much once I get one.

Hopefully I can at least do a second map at some stage, I'd definitely want any other campaign map / sequel to have as much if not more quality than this one.

If you liked the map and you haven't already there was a big update since last night, there's now a bunch of stuff to read about the in-game story located in every unit's inventory, so even if you don't feel like playing it through again you can hop in, cheat vision of the map and read the text if you're eager for more.

Have a good day!

*Edit 21/01/2018*

Fairly big update uploaded today, the boss fights have more indepth mechanics now and are more interactive. Typo fixes, cinematic tweaks, trigger improvements etc. etc. As always please let me know if you find any bugs.

Last edited:
Level 7
Very nice map, well made though there are three things that I'd like to complain about:
1) cinematics can't be skipped, which is really annoying especially if I mess up some part after a long cinematic and I have to watch it all over again...
2) the final battle was too difficult, I dunno why but even without losing a single unit the whole time and full upgrades, their units can withstand much more than mine and their units deal much more damage than mine, so the battle isn't really about skillfully manevouring your units, but just luck, whether they focus the right ones or not :\
3) why would you ever give every single unit an item? it makes them to be all 'special' and not a group, thus if I control the monks and want to use Burst of Light, it forces me to select every single one and use the spell instead of just making them use the spell and the one available and close will cast it (also, upon revival they lose the item)

but overall nice map (also nice secret :D )

Level 8
Very nice map, well made though there are three things that I'd like to complain about:
1) cinematics can't be skipped, which is really annoying especially if I mess up some part after a long cinematic and I have to watch it all over again...
2) the final battle was too difficult, I dunno why but even without losing a single unit the whole time and full upgrades, their units can withstand much more than mine and their units deal much more damage than mine, so the battle isn't really about skillfully manevouring your units, but just luck, whether they focus the right ones or not :\
3) why would you ever give every single unit an item? it makes them to be all 'special' and not a group, thus if I control the monks and want to use Burst of Light, it forces me to select every single one and use the spell instead of just making them use the spell and the one available and close will cast it (also, upon revival they lose the item)

but overall nice map (also nice secret :D )

I'm glad you enjoyed the map!

Both 1 and 2 I'm looking into, balance has always rested on a knife edge between too difficult and too easy with this map so sometimes its easy for it to swing one way or the other. I do want the map to be hard but not so much that it's frustrating. I'll tweak the numbers a bit because it did seem to be on the difficult side last time I played it...

As for the cinematics, I've wanted to make them skippable for a while but it seems like many hours of work, especially since different variants of cinematics exist depending on if the timer has been skipped, Gedric slain etc. I may still do it eventually though. Sorry it was a source of annoyance, I can totally understand as I've had to playtest this map a hundred times and rewatching the cinematics gets extremely dull aha. That's why I put in the line about 'save often' in the description to minimise inconvinience until a skip function can be added.

When putting in the lore items it did annoy me that it forces you to only "select" one at a time, however it only really seemed a problem for the Monk micro so I thought I'd leave it in (as I really like the lore items and it took a long time to write them all). As for them losing the items upon death it was sadly nessecary to make it this way, at least until someone can tell me a better way of doing it. The trigger that removed items upon decay rather than death would cause some units to drop items anyway eventually, leaving dozens of items lying around... I'm not quite sure why since in other instances it worked as intended. Of course it removing on death rather than decay causes the inventory to be stripped if they're resurrected, but as you only ressurect a limited number of troops per game based on the spell cd it seemed like a fairly minor issue.

Anyway thank you for playing and for reviewing too (alot of the reviews are very out of date so I've been keen for new ones)! I'll balance the difficulty a bit now since I agree it's probably a bit punishing at the moment, at least in the end fight where its especially difficult to pull back injured troops in any efficient manner.

Have a good day!

Edit: Updated just now, nerfed the final army plus improved the terrain in some places.

Last edited:
Level 3
About lore items- Did you try to put "lore info" in to skill? For example, Create critical strike skill with 0% chance and put "lore info" into description of skill. It seems solving problems mentions above.

Level 8
About lore items- Did you try to put "lore info" in to skill? For example, Create critical strike skill with 0% chance and put "lore info" into description of skill. It seems solving problems mentions above.

That's actually a really good idea for allied troops, I can leave them in items for enemy troops but they wouldn't be a problem selection-wise. Thank you Dr Balance!

I'll look at getting that implemented soon.

Level 7
I'm glad you enjoyed the map!

Both 1 and 2 I'm looking into, balance has always rested on a knife edge between too difficult and too easy with this map so sometimes its easy for it to swing one way or the other. I do want the map to be hard but not so much that it's frustrating. I'll tweak the numbers a bit because it did seem to be on the difficult side last time I played it...

As for the cinematics, I've wanted to make them skippable for a while but it seems like many hours of work, especially since different variants of cinematics exist depending on if the timer has been skipped, Gedric slain etc. I may still do it eventually though. Sorry it was a source of annoyance, I can totally understand as I've had to playtest this map a hundred times and rewatching the cinematics gets extremely dull aha. That's why I put in the line about 'save often' in the description to minimise inconvinience until a skip function can be added.

When putting in the lore items it did annoy me that it forces you to only "select" one at a time, however it only really seemed a problem for the Monk micro so I thought I'd leave it in (as I really like the lore items and it took a long time to write them all). As for them losing the items upon death it was sadly nessecary to make it this way, at least until someone can tell me a better way of doing it. The trigger that removed items upon decay rather than death would cause some units to drop items anyway eventually, leaving dozens of items lying around... I'm not quite sure why since in other instances it worked as intended. Of course it removing on death rather than decay causes the inventory to be stripped if they're resurrected, but as you only ressurect a limited number of troops per game based on the spell cd it seemed like a fairly minor issue.

Anyway thank you for playing and for reviewing too (alot of the reviews are very out of date so I've been keen for new ones)! I'll balance the difficulty a bit now since I agree it's probably a bit punishing at the moment, at least in the end fight where its especially difficult to pull back injured troops in any efficient manner.

Have a good day!

Edit: Updated just now, nerfed the final army plus improved the terrain in some places.

Well, maybe I messed up something when defending, the rest of the enemies seemed fine for a little bit of micro to get get rid of, but the final battle, I'll try to do it once more ^^

About the items, I don't know how to make it work better :\

Woah woah woah! No no no no, this will work only if all the lore of every single unit of the same type is the same, but if they differ then it will make it even worse

Level 8
Well, maybe I messed up something when defending, the rest of the enemies seemed fine for a little bit of micro to get get rid of, but the final battle, I'll try to do it once more ^^

About the items, I don't know how to make it work better :\

Woah woah woah! No no no no, this will work only if all the lore of every single unit of the same type is the same, but if they differ then it will make it even worse

Yeah I nerfed the final army mostly since I agree it was a bit overtuned, especially after Balanesh got a strong death pact effect post-reincarnation in a recent patch. The army's 'footsoldiers' as a whole should now pump out a bit less damage leaving people a bit more room for error.

The whole spell thing causing issues for multiple lore excerpts occurred to me also, I think I might just give a unique spellbook menu (that contains both lore excerpts) type thing to only the Monks instead of items... since they're the only unit likely to run into problems with the whole control group thing for burst of light. I considered making it a "lore menu" for every unit instead of items but I don't fancy the task of copy-pasting all that text.

Also looking to add an opt-in hard-mode that increases the HP and upgrades of the enemy for those anyone who wanted an extra difficulty. Might take a little while for those things to be added though since I'll probably also have to add an extended epilogue "reward" for anyone who beat it.

Last edited:
Level 5
Had played the previous updates, and I must say this is a good improvement from the previous ones. Couple things to point out though:
1) There is a bug whereby if you open the gates when the timer ends, the two cutscenes will be played together, resulting in you not being able to control your units and also Gedric's units being your allies.
2) Too many things to do in such a short time,(likely intended?) you may want to revise the timing when the undead attack

A solid map for about 30mins of fun though, 4/5

Level 8
Had played the previous updates, and I must say this is a good improvement from the previous ones. Couple things to point out though:
1) There is a bug whereby if you open the gates when the timer ends, the two cutscenes will be played together, resulting in you not being able to control your units and also Gedric's units being your allies.
2) Too many things to do in such a short time,(likely intended?) you may want to revise the timing when the undead attack

A solid map for about 30mins of fun though, 4/5

Hello!

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

1) Oh that's strange, I thought I had made it so it switched off the timer expiration cinematics if you skipped but apparently not. I've fixed that and it'll be added in to the next update.

2) Yeah I'm going to add another five minutes or so in the next update, I agree it's very tight to fit everything in and although I want there to be pressure you shouldn't be punished for exploring. Not to mention I've added a hard-mode that increases the enemy's upgrades and maximum health, which will really mean you need more time.

The only thing delaying the update now is the "reward" for winning hardmode. I've been writing a short story and anyone who beats hardmode can printscreen the URL and read as a reward. I might program a new cutscene as well since not everyone is into reading... maybe as a reward for getting max bonus points AND beating hardmode. It's all a bit up in the air.

Thanks again!

Level 5
Hello!

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

1) Oh that's strange, I thought I had made it so it switched off the timer expiration cinematics if you skipped but apparently not. I've fixed that and it'll be added in to the next update.

2) Yeah I'm going to add another five minutes or so in the next update, I agree it's very tight to fit everything in and although I want there to be pressure you shouldn't be punished for exploring. Not to mention I've added a hard-mode that increases the enemy's upgrades and maximum health, which will really mean you need more time.

The only thing delaying the update now is the "reward" for winning hardmode. I've been writing a short story and anyone who beats hardmode can printscreen the URL and read as a reward. I might program a new cutscene as well since not everyone is into reading... maybe as a reward for getting max bonus points AND beating hardmode. It's all a bit up in the air.

Thanks again!

No problem! :D

Level 8
New version with slightly improved terrain. Added a new hamlet to the Ogre zone, including a brand new elite Ogre and farmstead. The Ogre has a new artifact for those finding themselves short of shiny objects (and coin). In honour of Easter there are some easter egg units you can aquire there if you have eagle eyes. As always let me know if you have any feedback or find any bugs!

Level 6
New version with slightly improved terrain. Added a new hamlet to the Ogre zone, including a brand new elite Ogre and farmstead. The Ogre has a new artifact for those finding themselves short of shiny objects (and coin). In honour of Easter there are some easter egg units you can aquire there if you have eagle eyes. As always let me know if you have any feedback or find any bugs!

It's seem you have improve a lot since 5 years ago huh?

I'm looking forward to play it again

Level 6

It's seem you have improve a lot since 5 years ago huh?

I'm looking forward to play it again

Level 8
Well the map itself looks great and now their is a bonus or secret story hmmm
i wonder
tell me good sir

Do you mean the easter egg mentioned in the update notes? It was a little thing but if you try the ressurrect spell near the newly added 'Chef' ogre you can bring his unfortunate victims back to life, who tell a small tale about how they met their grisly demise.

Also have been writing a short story that goes into more detail about what happens at the end of the map, have only completed the first part of that but I've uploaded it online for you to have a look at if you're interested!

The Mustering of Lorne Mire: Epilogue Part 1

May have typos though I've not combed it fully yet aha, bit busy lately. Hoping to have a few more parts done in the next few months that focus on each of the secret characters in turn and the benefits they bring to the garisson (the story assumes the player wins with all of them left alive).

Edit (18/08/18): Next update! The blacksmith provides some new unique bonuses / events.

Last edited:
Level 8
New update, apologies for anyone who downloaded a bugged version of the map where the timer refused to expire. There's new music, new balance, new terrain, cleaner triggers etc. Plus I've updated the screenshots on this page! Please let me know if you encounter a bug, the timer bug was pretty game-breaking if people forgot there was a skip function.