• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Mustering of Lorne Mire

full

(WARNING: Although HD / Reforged CAN be used for this map, for now it is recommended to play in Classic. This is because some models and voices do not function properly in HD. If playing on v1.31 a legacy version of the map can be found in the comments below, though bear in mind it will not have all the content of the latest version.)

THE FORGOTTEN HAVE COME

'A tide of undead has swept through the known world. Few now remain to oppose them. Three weeks ago the undead hosts invaded the northern Kingdom of Cecia. The country is in disarray.

Elbury the Stalwart, Captain of the Guard, travels to the town of Lorne Mire where a massive undead force is soon to arrive... Lorne Mire rests at a choke-point, standing between the Northwest and the overrun south. To buy time for the North-Western armies, Lorne Mire must not fall.'

THE MUSTERING OF LORNE MIRE

The Mustering of Lorne Mire is a story-rich single player scenario / 'campaign style' map that has been updated since 2013, but now features vastly improved mechanics, cinematics, models, music and content across the board.

The Mustering of Lorne Mire is a defensive 'campaign map' that can take approximately 50 minutes to complete. It follows the classic "prepare and defend" scenario that are always my favourite missions in any campaign. It is intended to be fairly difficult, taking the time to find secret characters, efficiently managing upgrades from the blacksmith and unit preservation is the key to victory. Save often.

Please notify me if you find any bugs: although I playtest each new build multiple times, sometimes bugs sneak through!

A PLEA FOR HELP

My lord Elbury, General of Cecia.

It is a sombre evening as I write this letter, I must humbly beseech you for aid in defending our humble town of Lorne Mire. You can only be well aware of the doom overwhelming our fair nation of Cecia, much as it is the entire world. I understand you must be preoccupied preparing the defences of your own fiefdom, but I must emplore you: ride with haste to save the gentle folk of Lorne Mire! I ask not out of selfish desire, but rather because our humble town rests at the centre of a bottleneck twixt two mountainous ridges; to defend our lands is to defend your own!

Your own forces must be meagre after the levies were called by our late King, may he rest in peace, but so are our own. Our town has been weakened immeasurably. The Mayor of Lorne Mire, Gedric, revealed himself as an agent of The Forgotten and their sinister ideology. During the night he and his ilk slaughtered a good portion of the garrison before fleeing into Clergy lands. There he awaits his masters, hiding behind a contingent of mind-controlled parish warriors.

Not only this, but during the rebellion hordes of monsters descended upon us, carrying off those defenders who did not die repelling them. The monsters have no doubt been driven north by the marauding undead. Whatever their purpose for kidnapping Lorne Mire's soldiers, they must be stopped and our men returned to us.

Ride to Lorne Mire, rally whatever civilians and allies that can bear arms and prepare for combat. Equip our militia for battle and drive back the monsters. Then you must surely bring justice to the traitor Gedric, curse his name! Then together we will make ready the defences. The undead will arrive shortly and, should they break through the bastion of Lorne Mire, it will mark the end of civilisation, perhaps all life.

Should you emerge victorious, however, you will be hailed saviour of Lorne Mire and surely all of Northern Cecia. If we fall... the alternative is almost too terrible to consider.

Your admiring comrade,

Sir Eric of Lorne Mire.

Basic Instructions

Follow the instructions provided in the cinematics and try to keep as many of your men alive as possible. You can rally civilians by moving your hero next to them (please note, only 'militant' women will fight for you, though others will still interact with you upon selection).

Make sure to upgrade your troops at the blacksmith and buy items at the market.

During the siege you may need to retreat to the town centre; the front gate may be overwhelmed but there are additional guards and towers to help with your final defense outside the town hall.

Throughout the map there are three secret characters that will aid in your defense, some easier to find than others. Finding all of them, keeping them alive and completing their bonus objectives may unlock various bonuses, including the true ending.

It is advisable to start by rallying all possible civilians, then targetting the kidnapping monsters and then moving into parish territory.

full

full

full

full

full

Models & Icons:
I have used the following imported models, big thanks to the creators:

Alethos - Villager Kid Female
Aquis - Bart (Villager)
Callatian - Elbury (Templar)
Cavman, Kuhneghetz - Female Footman (Guardswoman), Peasant Woman
Cloudwolf - Secret Character (Demon Hunter)
Chilla_killa - WOW Banner
ChirusHighwind - Target Spell Icon
Darkfang - Human Chaplain Icon
Direfury - Human Captain and General (Parish Footsoldier)
Fingolfin - Wheat Field
Freddyk - Dark Liason + Kei'thiras (Dark Soldier)
Grendel - Calcium Behemoth (Bone Construct) + The Watcher (Herald of Alteration)
Grey Knight - Dummy
GreyArchon - Secret Character (Dismounted Huntress)
Happy Tauren - Man-at-arms (Footman Revised)
HerrDave - Bishop Hero (Bishop) + Homestead Doodad
Kitabatake - Crossbowman (Crossbowman), Risen Horror (Porcupine)
LazZ - Martial Might (Victory Rush) + Critical Strike (Assassinate) + Warded Armour (Shield Guard) Icons
Mr Goblin - Zombie, Ghoul, Abomination, Necromancer Reskins! (Big thanks!)
Sellenisko - College Necromancer Balanesh (InquisitorMalendis)
Shiik - Peasant Archer (JakiraSilkwood)
Sin'dorei300 - Log
sPy - Righteous Fury (Holy Aura)
Stefan.K - Mayor Gedric (Alonsus Faol)
Tranquil - Knight Eric (Mounted Royal Captain)
Urkdrengi - Ironherald (DwarfWarrior)
Wereguy2 - Risen Troll (Undead Troll Reskin)
67chrome - Skeleton Archer (ReturnedArcher)

Music:
ShadowTor Studios: 'Climb The Hill'
Mikko Tarmia: 'Amnesia OST - 07 - Theme For Unknown' + 'Amnesia OST - 10 - Grunt's Appearance'
Martin O'Donnell: 'TFL Win Theme' + 'TFL Lose Theme' + 'Out of the Barrier' + 'Siege of Madrigal'
Dan Salvato: Easter Egg Theme
Nobuo Uematsu: Burmecian Kingdom
Creative Assembly: Dwarf Bonus Objective Sound

Finally, although The Mustering of Lorne Mire is an original story, I have taken inspiration thematically from Bungie's 1997 game "Myth: The Fallen Lords", which I highly recommend to anyone willing to stomach the aging graphics / gameplay!

08/08/2014: Added a custom preview image
10/08/2014: Sweeping terrain, model and map improvements.
12/08/2014: Fixed some sound bugs, minor terrain improvements
10/09/2016: Version 2.0 Launched, sweeping improvements across the board. Secrets added. Game rebalanced.
12/09/2016: Several bugs removed. Game rebalanced slightly. New spells for bosses, new enemies emerge from the graveyard! Defend must now be researched in order to balance the troll camp with the ogre camp. Various terrain improvements.
13/09/2016: More bug fixes. New quest added, all quests now complete!
22/10/2016: Bug fixes
14/11/2017: The secret character should no longer spawn in the incorrect position... oops. Improvements to tooltips and extensive terrain improvements. Bug fixes / trigger improvements.
25/11/2017: Improvements to terrain. Added content. An extra secret! Adjusted difficulty. Removed the strategy tag as it is tied to Risk.
22/12/2017: Definitive Edition Update. Added large amount of content, Parish Area. Improved terrain further. Improved all cinematics. Improved game functionality. Added new models, new quest. Reworked story progression. Added new upgrades, new secret character. Added easter egg. Added epilogue.
23/12/2017: Adjusted keybindings, tweaked cinematics, fixed multiple typos. Fixed several bugs in triggers. Tweaked Map Description. Added a Chaplain icon.
14/01/2017: Adjusted some triggers. Added a skip timer function after the 'Knight Eric' cinematic. Increased timer by 3 minutes because of this, now you can take a bit more time to explore and not feel rushed, but not have to wait around too long if you finish early.
17/01/2018: Added flavour text through items to every unit in the game. Fixed several bugs / typos.
21/01/2018: Made the two "bossfights" more spectacular and difficult. Several cinematics tweaked. Numerous typo fixes. Loading screen info adjusted. Numerous trigger edits. Hive description inc. Knight Eric's letter edited. Behold the Forgotten!
Also fixed extra typos and fixed other instances of cinematics not working as intended.
31/01/2018: Balance changes, the final army is largely weaker across the board. Terrain adjustments. Removed campaign tag due to request, it being only a single map. If people think the campaign tag was helpful in identifying the style of this map please let me know.
12/03/2018: Hardmode added. Bug and typo fixes. Rebalancing.
02/04/2018: Terrain adjustments. New hamlet added with a new Ogre, artifact and some "easter egg" (happy easter guys) potential for ressurection to acquire new units.
08/06/2018: Terrain adjustments, new tiles bestowed by the new patch! Balance changes, hard mode should be less sweaty. Gedric now drops a scroll of ressurection. Slight cinematic improvement.
12/06/2018: Further terrain adjustments. Gedric should now always drop a scroll of ressurection. Secret character buffed (too squishy!) Some weak shop items buffed. Some typos fixed.
18/8/18: Added 3 Unique investments (available at the Blacksmith), providing interesting new ways to defend Lorne Mire, more decision making when spending your valuable pennies!
19/8/18: Cleaned up a lot of triggers (let me know if you encounter any bugs, its possible some have snuck through). Made a host of terrain and model adjustments. Slight buff to the enemy as I felt the game is a bit easy at the moment. Whilst fighting the last encounter on hardmode the world will plunge into darkness.
20/8/18: Expanded the forests south of Lorne Mire, granting more opportunity for gold. Beware the Watcher's gaze (new flavour event for the eagle eyed, taking place at the exit North of Lorne Mire). Adjusted several sounds. Redid some flavour items. Fixed a bug where war hounds would roar eternally with no cooldown. Lit up Lorne Mire a bit more to make Hard Mode darkness less obnoxious.
26/8/18: The timer trigger was broken when some triggers were merged, oops! Fixed it, also uploaded new screenshots! Rebalanced slightly and fixed some typos / faulty behaviours. Please let me know if anything is broken!
14/9/18: Fixed some bugs (Bishop healing during cinematic, Archer Militia spawing incorrectly, music incorrectly resuming after the undead arrive)
11/11/18: Clarified some tooltips (the Dwarven Ring specifically stating that it's simply an item to sell, for example), fixed some minor audio problems, finally solved the 'units ressurect with an empty inventory' problem by simply removing their inventory ability when they die. Should stop people trying to give these units items and then being surprised when they can no longer drop them.
06/01/19: Some terrain improvements, cleaned some triggers. Again the timer appears to have been broken somehow, which has now been fixed.
07/07/19: Ideology update. New building: "The Scholar's Hall" & corresponding ideology militia upgrades. New secret character, available only to those who score the maximum possible score (hard mode + all secret characters activated & survived). Various improvements inc. development of Ogre / Troll areas. Some dialogue updates.
09/08/19: Some music improvements, trigger fixes to stop music resuming at inappropriate points etc.
12/08/19: Some triggers seemed to no longer function optimally with new update, fixed. Fixed some tooltips. Added further information to some blacksmith upgrades. Added vision of the Scholar's Hall post-upgrade. Some text adjustments. Flavour item given to M____a.
17/08/19: Fixed map description, incorrectly states map takes 30 minutes to complete.
18/08/19: Fixed some bugs caused by new updates, some sounds were not triggering. Added undead bats to final attack that will directly target structures. This should give more use to existing repair units.
30/08/19: Ideology Upgrade now grants 3 bonus militia. There appears to be a consistent error where sometimes the Bonus Upgrades (Peasant Bows, Ballista etc.) do not function properly. I've taken a stab at fixing these but I have genuinely no idea why this is happening as it isn't consistent and works most of the time. Cleaned up some triggers.
03/09/19: Cleaned up more triggers. Fixed an issue where bats do not spawn if you hit -skip. Fixed rare circumstances where the player could intentionally trigger multiple cut scenes at once.
15/11/19: Expanded starting area. Rebalanced structures / bats slightly (structures now have more armour and should not be so vulnerable to bats). Fixed some minor bugs.
02/04/20: Fixed some bugs (barrage not working on town hall etc). Minor map additions inc. new areas in Lorne Mire. All secret characters now have secret bonus objectives which will grant them small but permanent power boosts. These objectives will also reveal more backround to the characters. Some are more obvious than others. Some models have been tweaked as they were not functioning properly in reforged. Updated recommendation re: reforged.
06/09/2021: Large update - cinematics are finally skippable after all these years! Undead trolls and Ogres assail the town during the Siege. Many item adjustments - both to balance and to consistency. "The True Ending" cinematic added, for those who find all secret allies, keep them alive AND complete their bonus objectives. Bonus objectives for characters now have trackers and hints about how to complete them. Rebalancing. New icons added. Some triggers reoptimised / reprogrammed. Adjustments to text and lore. Lots of updates this patch so please let me know if there are any bugs.
08/09/2021: Some balance tweaks: buffed Balanesh and Bone Constructs, buffed Worth Protecting to +15 damage, buffed Brienelles Knights, some doodad tweaks.
10/09/2021: Removed a test unit that mistakenly was left in the upload - many apologies, like an idiot I uploaded the map before saving it! Also fixed a typo. Thank you Blasterixx for pointing these out!
02/09/2022: Fixed bug where the Revenant could trigger her redemption early/twice, causing an integer mismatch that could lock people out of the true ending despite having completed all prequsites. Slight rebalance to increase difficulty. Some typos fixed.
06/09/2023: Amalgam of Still-Living Flesh now spawns corpse spiders on death. Juna the Crafty unleashes the power of spirits to cast Flamestrike! Added a new sound effect to Ironherald's bonus objective completion. Added a new artifact to the shop as a gold sink. Troll priests can now cast Firebolt. Improved various item descriptions and hotkeys. Lowered the size of statue hitboxes as they were causing pathing issues.

**Last Updated 06/09/2023**

Keywords:
Undead, Invasion, Defence, Medieval, Singleplayer, Scenario, Campaign
Contents

The Mustering of Lorne Mire (Map)

Reviews
14:32, 3rd Apr 2013 Orcnet: decent map for a single player, although that timer is kinda long it would be great if you have a trigger that will set the timer off and start the undead fight for those who finish all of the quests quickly and another is...
Level 3
Good map. I played this a while ago and I like the improvements but its driving me crazy cause I don't can't find the 3rd secret char. Please help :(

I have the dwarf and the glaive lady

Level 8
Good map. I played this a while ago and I like the improvements but its driving me crazy cause I don't can't find the 3rd secret char. Please help :(

I have the dwarf and the glaive lady

I'm glad you enjoyed the map! Here's the answer below:

The third character is definitely the hardest to find! The first clue is if you enter the leftmost part of the river crossing (near the start of the map) you are informed 'You feel an eerie presence in this area.'

The second clue is that if you go to the elf's secret base in the West you can pillage her house to find her Moonstone, which allows you to see invisible units. Take the moonstone back to the spot in the river and you'll reveal a tormented spirit. Kill it to release it from its suffering, after which it will join you!

This character can be very powerful, allowing you to deal mass damage to summoned skeletons, remove powerful enemy (de)buffs and cast Curse upon strong bosses!

Level 3
I'm glad you enjoyed the map! Here's the answer below:

The third character is definitely the hardest to find! The first clue is if you enter the leftmost part of the river crossing (near the start of the map) you are informed 'You feel an eerie presence in this area.'

The second clue is that if you go to the elf's secret base in the West you can pillage her house to find her Moonstone, which allows you to see invisible units. Take the moonstone back to the spot in the river and you'll reveal a tormented spirit. Kill it to release it from its suffering, after which it will join you!

This character can be very powerful, allowing you to deal mass damage to summoned skeletons, remove powerful enemy (de)buffs and cast Curse upon strong bosses!

Thank you I managed to complete the game and got all the secrets. I got a message at the end saying pm the creator for a bonus story or something?

I really do like the lore of this story but its hard to enjoy it when you have 30 minutes before the undead invades. Can't exactly read everything in one playthrough lol.

Level 8
Thank you I managed to complete the game and got all the secrets. I got a message at the end saying pm the creator for a bonus story or something?

I really do like the lore of this story but its hard to enjoy it when you have 30 minutes before the undead invades. Can't exactly read everything in one playthrough lol.

Congratulations! I'll PM you, the sample is a bit short at the moment but I've actually finished way more of it, haven't got around to uploading yet as I'd like to finish the whole lot first. Started a job recently so it's been a bit slow aha.

A famous wc3 Youtuber played your map :)
Also im happy with the news changes since i download it last year.

Oh sorry I didn't see this, I'll check it out!

Level 1
Hey mate.
Your map looks sweet, I downloaded it, but when I try to start the again, it just doesn't load, it goes back to the Custom Game Map selections.
Any solution to it?
I tried putting the map on the map and scenario folder, but nothing.
my W3FT is 1.27 tho

Cheers

Level 8
Hey mate.
Your map looks sweet, I downloaded it, but when I try to start the again, it just doesn't load, it goes back to the Custom Game Map selections.
Any solution to it?
I tried putting the map on the map and scenario folder, but nothing.
my W3FT is 1.27 tho

Cheers

Hm I've double checked and it seems to still be working for me. Is WC3 fully updated? My version is:
upload_2018-9-15_20-13-48.png

The problem is that the 1.30 game saves neutral players as player 25 and 26, which is not recognizable by 1.27, so you have to set neutral players to player 13 or 14 and then opening in 1.27 editor to check if everything is set correctly and maybe correct them to neutral passive using object manager. Could be also other new features, but the game handled no limit doodads even before this patch, so in the end the neutral player translation is what ruins the game.

Level 8
The problem is that the 1.30 game saves neutral players as player 25 and 26, which is not recognizable by 1.27, so you have to set neutral players to player 13 or 14 and then opening in 1.27 editor to check if everything is set correctly and maybe correct them to neutral passive using object manager. Could be also other new features, but the game handled no limit doodads even before this patch, so in the end the neutral player translation is what ruins the game.

Oh, how annoying. I guess I'll have a look at fixing that when I have time.

In the meantime if anyone is encountering the issue I guess just try and update to 1.3 if possible?

Edit (11/11/18): New version with some fixes. Clarified some tooltips (the Dwarven Ring specifically stating that it's simply an item to sell, for example), fixed some minor audio problems, finally solved the 'units ressurect with an empty inventory' problem by simply removing their inventory ability when they die. Should stop people trying to give these units items and then being surprised when they can no longer drop them.

As always let me know if something is broken, I know there's some issues with the new game versions sometimes...

Last edited:
Level 8
I feel like adding more screenshots would be rather arbitrary? That comment is from 2013 when there were no screenshots!

What sort of screenshots do you think would be helpful to include?

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Side quest suggestion?

• Elbury stumbles on some orc village while questing on the forest, who has a problem with a band of orc necrolytes and death knights, and another band of orc warlocks and battle-lusted chaos orcs, defeating them adds orc grunts, shamans, and a far seer to the Garrison

• Elbury stumbles on some druids who have a problem with a corrupted ancient and corrupted treants, defeating the lich/necromancer taskforce adds druids of the claw, druids of the talon, and an archdruid to the Garrison

• Elbury finds a lone cage that has a barely alive blue troll, escort the troll safely to its enclave and hold out the attacking undead to add troll priests, raptor riders, and a direhorn rider to the Garrison

• Elbury finds a tauren/minotaur/bullman refugee inside Lorne Mire who requests to save his kin from banshees, corrupted ancestral spirits and a lich taskforce to add axemen, totem warriors, spirit walkers and a chieftain to the Garrison

• Elbury stumbles on some high elf camp who has a problem with a band of demon-corrupted elves and their blood mage leader, defeating them adds priests, archers, sorceresses and a ranger general to the Garrison

Last edited:
Level 8
Side quest suggestion?

• Elbury stumbles on some orc village while questing on the forest, who has a problem with a band of orc necrolytes and death knights, and another band of orc warlocks and battle-lusted chaos orcs, defeating them adds orc grunts, shamans, and a far seer to the Garrison

• Elbury stumbles on some druids who have a problem with a corrupted ancient and corrupted treants, defeating the lich/necromancer taskforce adds druids of the claw, druids of the talon, and an archdruid to the Garrison

• Elbury finds a lone cage that has a barely alive blue troll, escort the troll safely to its enclave and hold out the attacking undead to add troll priests, raptor riders, and a direhorn rider to the Garrison

Interesting suggestions! I'll try to implement a troll escort quest, though it may take some time.

In other news the next update will now have a Scholar's Hall which will allow the player to choose one of two distinct "ideologies" that will buff militia in either attack or defence. It's a five minute long upgrade that should make the hordes of militia you get less useless in the late game. It's complete though I'm not ready to upload an update just yet!

I'm also trying to make the troll / ogre areas a bit more interesting with ramshackle towers for the trolls and perhaps a catapult or two for the ogres. As well as a few terrain improvements for the city.

I also keep starting to add cut-scene skipping but its such a lot of effort / time that it may or may not happen. We'll see!

Level 6
Mind I also suggested the new update would feature second hero?

Any kind of hero

Like range or something. But only available for optional quest or better yet
It requires all completed found secrets and then encourage them to play the second time but this time you will stumble upon prison hero is either a mage or an ranger :)

Okay that's kinda a overkill for your pov but hey one suggestion wouldn't hurt

Edit: I just realized is almost possible due to you know it took a lot of time and it would require some kind of system in order to work.

Last edited:
Level 8
Mind I also suggested the new update would feature second hero?

Any kind of hero

Like range or something. But only available for optional quest or better yet
It requires all completed found secrets and then encourage them to play the second time but this time you will stumble upon prison hero is either a mage or an ranger :)

Okay that's kinda a overkill for your pov but hey one suggestion wouldn't hurt

Edit: I just realized is almost possible due to you know it took a lot of time and it would require some kind of system in order to work.

That's not a bad idea actually, it could add some replayability to the map. It would be fairly simple to put in the "epilogue" cutscene a secret code that unlocks a second hero (if as you say you unlock all the secrets).

I've also been toying with the idea of expanding the map size as that could add some more breathing room. I've always wanted things to be a bit more tactical but once your army is a certain size it just becomes a matter of "blob up and do your best to heal the front line troops".(*EDIT* I may wait until Reforged for this)

With that in mind I may release a partial update soon with the "ideology" update as some of these other features may take some time to implement.

Last edited:
Level 8
Took a while but the "Ideology Update" is out. Ideology upgrades allow you to request scholars to instill a sense of either Hope or Desperation in your militia, two distinct flavourful upgrades that make militia a bit more relevant into the late game (either +hp & regen or +dmg & attack speed). There's a new building 'The Scholar's Hall' that conduct one of these two upgrades for you & a relevant NPC to activate it. Once the upgrades are active you can even see floaty flavour text hovering around the building as the scholars preach to the masses.

Other updates can be found in the update log. Quite a few things inc. a secret character for those who've gotten the max bonus points (as suggested by OblivionDeadra, thank you for your continued support :) I included your name as the code to unlock the secret character).

In future I hope to potentially increase the map size (though this would depend on how the reforged situation unfolds) or otherwise add any improvements as I come up with them.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well i done playing this map.... TWICEE

and it was a good experience

Like my reaction from the end credits about my name as a code burst into laughter and happy at the same time

While the second time playing this map using my name as a code.

and the rest i'll just pm you

Level 12
My review for this cute map! I played it on hard, on the latest war3 patch.
~~Negatives/Bugs~~

- The knight's passive tooltip is wrong, it should be 10% to deal 200% dmg not 100%, since he has 40 dmg and crits for 80 dmg.
10 of 2x not 1.png

- How did the guards know that i slayed the necromancer? i didn't return with anything, so why did they belive me when i told them that, what if i was lying? Elbury should return with the necromancer's head to prove he actually solved the problem otherwise it doesn't make any sense for the guards to belive him since they didn't open the gates the first time.
any proof baby.png

- Cannot skip cutscenes!!! Since i had to restart a few times i had to rewatch all the cutscenes!

- You should implement an anti cheat system for the hard difficulty, this way ppl can't just cheat their way through the map at hard and say they did it! The cheats that should 100% not work in my opinion should only be "whosyourdaddy", the other ones are fine.

- Units and especially the Hero seems to block each other A LOT, something is off with his hitbox or something, it was really annoying running with him beside other units.

- I would like the timer to be raised to 40 mins, since we can skip to the last battle anyway, this will give the player more time to read and explore the entire map and basically not be mega pressured by the timer for doing that.

- The balista tower upgrade from the blackmsith is not doing anything.

- "Gather the hounds!" and "peasant bows" upgrades were pretty vague in my opinion, i have no idea what they do.

- The thing with the sun btw when the undead wave starts attacking, didn't like it at all, it was really hard to see anything, so i just saved and reloaded, it seems like doing that will make the lighting go back to normal, i think you should make the darkness effect more visible or just delete it all together, making it night would be enough.

~~Other~~

- Is this a secret or?
is this a secret or.png

- So what is the score at the end based on?
wht.png

~~Positives~~

- I like the fact that women can join Elbury as well in defending the city and not only men.

- I loved all the small chat that you can have with all the people in the village, each telling their own small, unique and funny story.

- Gotta say The Ironherald dwarf and Aryss the elf were really cool to have, not only they looked cool and had nice stories/abilities but they actually were a major help in the last defense as well.

- The abilities were on q w e r great!

- The skins used for undead especially looked really awesome, they trully were a scary bunch.

- Loved all the secret places that you can find all over the map by exploring a little, my favorite is Monika :wink: loved her dialogues.
hehe.png

I enjoyed this little campaign, The story might be a little bit overused but it worked well in this scenario since it was done masterfully!
It might have been a bit too short as well for my liking but maybe in the future you will develop the story into a full fledged campaign with lots of other missions, if u had the time and motivation of course. Thanks for creating this and i wish you the best for your future projects!

Level 8
Thank you for the review! I'll reply point by point!

Negatives:
- Thanks, good spot! I think I meant for it to read 100% bonus damage but fudged it aha. It's fixed and will go live with the next update.
- Hmm the Necromancer head idea makes sense, I'll try implement that too.
- Cutscenes, now I really do want to make these skippable but the work involved is actually way more than you might think. I still want to do it in future though!
- Anti-cheat is an odd one. I know it's hard coded with ways to get around it and I have considered it as I like the map being difficult to beat, but I kind of want the map to not be closed off to casual players. The bonus points being based off of secrets is kind of my answer to this, if they just WhosYourDaddy to victory it won't guarantee them the best ending.
- That's strange, I've not encountered that before. It might be because I reduced the collision size of a lot of the front-line troops, so his default hitbox may seem larger in comparison. I've reduced his a bit to be more in line with the others.
- I've been thinking of raising the timer, I might do that next patch. I do like the frantic pace and replaying to know the most "efficient" paths though so it may be by only a few minutes. But as you say replaying isn't so satsifying if you have to watch the long cutscenes everytime.
- The ballista upgrade provides the towers with about a 50% damage and range bonus. It's tricky to see since you don't own the towers, but if you mouse over their upgrade should go from 0 - 1 after you research it.
- The tooltips on these could be better you're right. Gather the Hounds basically spawns a few guard dogs which provide "Roar" during the siege that guard the town hall and gates. Peasant Bows provides a few peasant archers and a barrage effect to the town hall. I'll try to rewrite the tooltips.
- The night effect is a bit obnoxious I agree. I've tried to make it less dark with more light sources but the blizzard dark mesh or whatever it is really is very dark. I'll see if I can't brighten it up more.

Other:
- That's a secret yep! If you want a hint Aryss has a special amulet that can see invisible units hidden away in her house.
- The bonus points are based on how many secret characters you both find and keep alive past the last battle. Think of it like "How strong is the garisson you leave behind at the end of the map". You'll get an epilogue message for each character you save in the credits, telling you how they contribute to the town's defence.

Positives:
Thanks so much! I'm glad you had a good time! I've always toyed with a full campaign and was tempted to give it a go recently, but with reforged coming out I'm kind of going to see how map-making evolves.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Last edited:
Level 6
- You should implement an anti cheat system for the hard difficulty, this way ppl can't just cheat their way through the map at hard and say they did it! The cheats that should 100% not work in my opinion should only be "whosyourdaddy", the other ones are fine.

:( Rip

- Anti-cheat is an odd one. I know it's hard coded with ways to get around it and I have considered it as I like the map being difficult to beat, but I kind of want the map to not be closed off to casual players. The bonus points being based off of secrets is kind of my answer to this, if they just WhosYourDaddy to victory it won't guarantee them the best ending.

Yup :p and plus we could just undo the cheat at the end soo that the battle will be intense it give us lotr battle of helms deep vibe.

You will need to complete 100% like collect all the secret characters and keep them alive and you will be surprise that there will be one more character that was unlock.

Level 8
New update, annoyingly I think some of the latest blizzard patches have messed with Fade Out rates? Some music that used to smoothly fade out now cuts out dramatically no matter how much I edit the sound file in Sound Editor. Oh well. Anyway, I've also fixed some other sounds that were no longer functioning.

I've also added undead bats to the final siege, these will attack structures directly. I've always felt the repair units have been a tad useless so now they'll have something to do. To balance this I've made towers fortified so they don't get shredded too quickly. The barrage upgrade for the town hall should feel more impactful now as well, as it's the perfect counter to the swarms of low health bats.

Man! How should I suppose to defend bats, you really should test it on hard mode, it's impossible!!! Repair units are no enough, plz delete bats!!! At least decrease their number. They can destory town hall within minuate!

Also I don't know how to open Gedric's gate, but I find that miner can attack trees, or walk through troll forest place to get inside the graveyard.

Attachments

• 666.png
    666.png
    531 KB · Views: 108
Level 8
Man! How should I suppose to defend bats, you really should test it on hard mode, it's impossible!!! Repair units are no enough, plz delete bats!!! At least decrease their number. They can destory town hall within minuate!

Also I don't know how to open Gedric's gate, but I find that miner can attack trees, or walk through troll forest place to get inside the graveyard.

Hmm strange, when I tested it a few months ago they seemed to be on the weak side. I'll test it again and nerf them if nessecary its possible I accidentally added too many in a final tweak. Might buff the armour of the town hall as well as a big structure like that should be quite safe against a few bats.

You can open Gedric's gate by talking to the Bishop just West of the Cathedral and taking him to the circle of power.

Last edited:
Level 9
It was a pleasant experience. It took me 2 tries (Elbury got stun locked by a Ogre cook that attacks like he's on drugs and died) and finished it in nearly 52 minutes on my second try.

Pros:
- Although the map is mean to be played in a single run, it contains a lot of lore about the people living there. Every person in the town has their own unique line set if you click on them (including children).
- Every person has a skill/item with a lovely description letting you get an insight of the world
- Challenging map that makes you consider your unit management for the final confrontation
- Creative and ingenious secrets

Cons:
- Despite the attention to lore and the life breathed into the map, you are hard pressed by time to properly enjoy everything the world has to offer
- In some places the music blared out very loudly while in some places it was very soft and I had to tune my sound system manually
- You lose your towers almost instantly because of the Lich, their firepower would have come in handy for the last wave
- Despite the ending the story feels like it's not done. You are thrust in what seems to be the end of a canceled campaign, tempts you with an interesting story you would like to learn more about and then ends abruptly knowing that Cecia became a bastion of light while the rest of the world is in shambles or an undead wasteland
- There isn't a clear view on the religion the people follow. There are some lines that contain the word "the light" which is quite common among fantasy stories, while the dominant word is "God" each time someone talks about the entity that is the embodiment of light. So you have a nameless entity referred to as "God" and is sometimes refereed to as "the light"

Overall I enjoyed the map almost to it's full extent. I finished the Hard Mode, found 2 secret companions and received a score of 3/5. Despite the brief experience it is sad to see that so much attention to characters and solid foundation for the basis of a great campaign will never see more development.
It is a pleasant experience for those that like defense maps, enjoy a challenge and are interested in lore. I grade the map with a solid 4.1/5.

Level 8
It was a pleasant experience. It took me 2 tries (Elbury got stun locked by a Ogre cook that attacks like he's on drugs and died) and finished it in nearly 52 minutes on my second try.

Pros:
- Although the map is mean to be played in a single run, it contains a lot of lore about the people living there. Every person in the town has their own unique line set if you click on them (including children).
- Every person has a skill/item with a lovely description letting you get an insight of the world
- Challenging map that makes you consider your unit management for the final confrontation
- Creative and ingenious secrets

Cons:
- Despite the attention to lore and the life breathed into the map, you are hard pressed by time to properly enjoy everything the world has to offer
- In some places the music blared out very loudly while in some places it was very soft and I had to tune my sound system manually
- You lose your towers almost instantly because of the Lich, their firepower would have come in handy for the last wave
- Despite the ending the story feels like it's not done. You are thrust in what seems to be the end of a canceled campaign, tempts you with an interesting story you would like to learn more about and then ends abruptly knowing that Cecia became a bastion of light while the rest of the world is in shambles or an undead wasteland
- There isn't a clear view on the religion the people follow. There are some lines that contain the word "the light" which is quite common among fantasy stories, while the dominant word is "God" each time someone talks about the entity that is the embodiment of light. So you have a nameless entity referred to as "God" and is sometimes refereed to as "the light"

Overall I enjoyed the map almost to it's full extent. I finished the Hard Mode, found 2 secret companions and received a score of 3/5. Despite the brief experience it is sad to see that so much attention to characters and solid foundation for the basis of a great campaign will never see more development.
It is a pleasant experience for those that like defense maps, enjoy a challenge and are interested in lore. I grade the map with a solid 4.1/5.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I'd very much like to do a full campaign but I've been holding back until I have a clearer view of the map-making scene post reforged. Depending on how it goes I think I'd like to either vastly expand the size of the map / depth of the quests or add more missions to make a full campaign.

Hopefully the new world editor is as good as or better than the current one. For example I've been having trouble with sound files as it sounds like you've noticed: the sound editor seems inconsistent in its application of volume, fade in/out rates etc since Blizzard started fiddling around with updates this past year. At least I've found that sound effects / volumes that seemed to be working correctly in previous patches no long function as intended (for example some sound bytes / music that smoothly faded out can abruptly cut off despite them seemingly working fine in the editor). I'm hopeful the reforged world editor will fix this. Although that in itself raises questions re: the custom model scene and if the variety and depth of the current custom models will follow over. Unsure if there are many modders who can make textures as high quality as the reforged models or not.

Either way hopefully things will be set for a full campaign or an expansion to the current map!

Level 9
Thank you so much for the feedback!

I'd very much like to do a full campaign but I've been holding back until I have a clearer view of the map-making scene post reforged. Depending on how it goes I think I'd like to either vastly expand the size of the map / depth of the quests or add more missions to make a full campaign.

Hopefully the new world editor is as good as or better than the current one. For example I've been having trouble with sound files as it sounds like you've noticed: the sound editor seems inconsistent in its application of volume, fade in/out rates etc since Blizzard started fiddling around with updates this past year. At least I've found that sound effects / volumes that seemed to be working correctly in previous patches no long function as intended (for example some sound bytes / music that smoothly faded out can abruptly cut off despite them seemingly working fine in the editor). I'm hopeful the reforged world editor will fix this. Although that in itself raises questions re: the custom model scene and if the variety and depth of the current custom models will follow over. Unsure if there are many modders who can make textures as high quality as the reforged models or not.

Either way hopefully things will be set for a full campaign or an expansion to the current map!

News about the Reforged World Editor is rumored to be overall good since aspiring map/campaign makers will have an easier time making triggers and such for their custom maps. Those that now have Beta access to Reforged get go try out the World Editor as well since Blizzard needs feedback on it.

Level 8
Hi guys, got a large update for everyone. Perhaps chief of which - after all these years, most cinematics are finally skippable! I have excluded the final undead assault and epilogue cinematics. I had to squash a lot of bugs in the process of making these, so please let me know if you encounter any as I can't test every scenario.

A host of other improvements include (but are not limited to):
  • Commissioned an original banner / loading screen for the map.
  • Improved siege: undead trolls and Ogres assail the town's side entrances during the final assault - they are largely a nuisance but can cause trouble if you haven't upgraded your towers / you ignore them.
  • Many item adjustments - both to balance and to consistency.
  • NEW CINEMATIC ADDED - "The True Ending". For those who find all secret allies, keep them alive AND complete their bonus objectives. Speaking of...
  • Bonus objectives for characters have been improved - these now have trackers and hints about how to complete them. No longer an obscure secret!
  • Rebalancing.
  • New icons added.
  • Some triggers reoptimised / reprogrammed. (Again, please do let me know if you encounter any bugs.)
  • Adjustments to text and lore.

Enjoyed coming back to this map. My morale was low after Blizzard's handling of reforged, however I eventually got around to tackling the dreaded skip cutscene task - wasn't as complicated as I'd always thought. My next goal, if I have time, is to finally expand the terrain. More space in the map will open up room to breathe and include new mechanics, areas and polish. It'd also make my long-term goal of making it possible to play the map with 2 Players a bit more realistic.

Alternatively, I may consider starting work on a full campaign - though I would likely need to split these projects into "The Mustering of Lorne Mire - Classic Edition" (this map) and a separate Campaign version of this map - the progression and secret character system would be awkward to work into the narrative of a full campaign. I could never understand the Campaign Editor in classic World Editor, however I understand Blizzard has mangled this feature so that you now have to upload individual maps. Now that I can manage! Even if it it's pretty sad that Blizzard keeps breaking features.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys. If you encounter any bugs please let me know and I'll try to fix them ASAP.

Last edited:
Level 8
don t you have a old version of this map because i want to play it but i only have v 1.31
Really sorry, though I do have all legacy versions of the map, I'm unsure how to upload them onto hive alongside the latest build or which is the most up to date build that would do so - I haven't been able to keep up with the different versions people have been rolling back to. That being said I can make an educated guess about which edition might work for you.

Now I've had a look and Patch 1.31 seemed to come out on April 24/04/2019 - I've fished out the "latest" version before that date and attached it to this comment. I'm hoping it might work but unable to test it out myself as I don't have access to the version currently. Looking back at the update notes this seems fairly up-to-date in the grand scheme of things. Let me know if it doesn't work and I can try and fish out another edition.

Edit This edit is a long time in the future but I have a suspicion I was wrong a bout the dates and that 3.86 (attached, was last edited 15/11/2019 which I think was on v1.31) might be the most up to date version for v1.31. I've left 3.72 attached however in case I'm wrong. If anyone using v1.31 could let me know whether 3.86 works fine I'd be grateful!

Attachments

• The Musteringv3.72.w3x
    24.9 MB · Views: 36
  • The Musteringv3.86.w3x
    25.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Level 8
will there be an HD version? there's a lot of custom/default HD models to be utilized for the units that have custom SD models
I did look into it - however I've found that a lot of models don't function correctly if you change their voices etc alongside various other issues so I stuck with SD for now. I think once I'm content that the version is a "final version" I will look to create a reforged version - maintaining two separate versions when its still in active development would make things confusing for me.

I think once I've expanded the map or decided to go the route of a full campaign (a decision which will come next I think) and that is finished then I'd get cracking making a version with the HD graphics

Level 11
Really sorry, though I do have all legacy versions of the map, I'm unsure how to upload them onto hive alongside the latest build or which is the most up to date build that would do so - I haven't been able to keep up with the different versions people have been rolling back to. That being said I can make an educated guess about which edition might work for you.

Now I've had a look and Patch 1.31 seemed to come out on April 24/04/2019 - I've fished out the "latest" version before that date and attached it to this comment. I'm hoping it might work but unable to test it out myself as I don't have access to the version currently. Looking back at the update notes this seems fairly up-to-date in the grand scheme of things. Let me know if it doesn't work and I can try and fish out another edition.
i played the map and faced no bugs on it and it was fun i hope you can make more maps like this one or even a campaign about it keep up the good work

Level 12
I just replayed this beautiful map, and it was great!
I played on the latest War3 version on hard mode.

it took me a few tries but i managed to complete all the character quests + the other quests and i managed to get the secret ending as well, it was heartwarming and very cute what can i say :cute: i liked it!

There were a few bugs and things i noticed while playing this:

- there is this gryphon rider when the map starts in the corner of the map, i guess it was used for testing? either way he should not be there i think lol :xxd:
what.png

- There is also a grammar mistake for the secret hero's item/backstory thing
mistake.png

- Also some of the dialogue lines for the ending cinematic went a bit too fast, might want to look a bit into that, since some people including me like to get into the character when they have to read the dialogue and doing proper voices for each character, that's why the dialogue lines should be a bit slowed down, but not by much.

What else can i say i loved replaying this epic map, i had a great time fighting, discovering new things and completing all the quests and side-character quests (i really liked those btw, there were a nice touch).

My rating for this small single player RPG map is a solid S

Level 8
I just replayed this beautiful map, and it was great!
I played on the latest War3 version on hard mode.

it took me a few tries but i managed to complete all the character quests + the other quests and i managed to get the secret ending as well, it was heartwarming and very cute what can i say :cute: i liked it!

There were a few bugs and things i noticed while playing this:

- there is this gryphon rider when the map starts in the corner of the map, i guess it was used for testing? either way he should not be there i think lol :xxd:
- There is also a grammar mistake for the secret hero's item/backstory thing

- Also some of the dialogue lines for the ending cinematic went a bit too fast, might want to look a bit into that, since some people including me like to get into the character when they have to read the dialogue and doing proper voices for each character, that's why the dialogue lines should be a bit slowed down, but not by much.

What else can i say i loved replaying this epic map, i had a great time fighting, discovering new things and completing all the quests and side-character quests (i really liked those btw, there were a nice touch).

My rating for this small single player RPG map is a solid S
First of all I'm so sorry old Chuck Tester somehow got uploaded - I was testing death animations for Balanesh! I think what happened was I deleted him and then uploaded the map before actually saving first - so he wasn't present in my copy but was on the copy that was uploaded to HIVE. :cry: How embarrassing!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I've now uploaded a hotfix to correct this as well as fix the typo you mentioned - I'll look into the pacing for dialogue soon as well. I'm glad you had a fun time!!

Level 2
idk if it's just me but the latest version (3.98) is not working, my game client can't find the map.
the old version (3.5) doesn't have this problem

Level 8
idk if it's just me but the latest version (3.98) is not working, my game client can't find the map.
the old version (3.5) doesn't have this problem
Hey, that's odd. Are you running the latest version of warcraft or using a legacy version? If so which patch are you on? Unfortunately the latest versions of the map broke for the old patches due to Blizzard schenanigans. I do still have access to old versions though if they're needed.

I just tried it on the latest version though and it seemed to work okay.

Last edited:
Level 8
Also as a general update, I was working on vastly expanding The Mustering of Lorne Mire (nearly doubling the map size to add more quests, RPG elements, boss fights and events) however due to Blizzard's complete botching of Reforged and the lack of support I got a bit demoralised. It sounds like most dedicated custom map fans are operating on old patches and so wouldn't have been able to play it anyway.

Might get round to finishing it in future though. In the meantime I have made some fixes / balance tweaks.

Last edited:
Level 2
im using patch 1.27b classic tft because my potato laptop cant run the reforged version lol. i think patching to 1.31 would fix the problem but then i wouldn't be able to play my other favorite maps/campaigns :<

Level 8
im using patch 1.27b classic tft because my potato laptop cant run the reforged version lol. i think patching to 1.31 would fix the problem but then i wouldn't be able to play my other favorite maps/campaigns :<
Ah right, hmm I'm not sure which files will work on that patch. I've attached another version that's a bit more up to date than 3.5 which might be better, if that doesn't work I'll try an earlier build.

Attachments

• The Musteringv3.86.w3x
    25.5 MB · Views: 6
Level 2
Ah right, hmm I'm not sure which files will work on that patch. I've attached another version that's a bit more up to date than 3.5 which might be better, if that doesn't work I'll try an earlier build.
it doesn't work as well, i've tried 3.72 and 3.86. same problem

honestly i just want the version with the blacksmith upgrade thingy like dogs and arrows. the 3.5 version doesn't have that and i cant find later versions of the game that works for me

i think this is the update where you put them. can i possibly get a copy of that old version?
18/8/18: Added 3 Unique investments (available at the Blacksmith), providing interesting new ways to defend Lorne Mire, more decision making when spending your valuable pennies!

Level 8
it doesn't work as well, i've tried 3.72 and 3.86. same problem

honestly i just want the version with the blacksmith upgrade thingy like dogs and arrows. the 3.5 version doesn't have that and i cant find later versions of the game that works for me

i think this is the update where you put them. can i possibly get a copy of that old version?
I've attached a few more versions from that date which might work, including the one you mentioned (3.61 which I released on 19/8/18 - I think it had a hotfix for some problem or other). I'd try the later versions and work backwards hopefully they work not sure when the patch would've ticked over. Hopefully these work!

3.7 might work (released 2018 compared to 3.72's 2019) but hopefully at least one of these does lol

Attachments

• The Musteringv3.61.w3x
    23.1 MB · Views: 7
  • The Musteringv3.7.w3x
    24.9 MB · Views: 7
  • The Musteringv3.65.w3x
    24.9 MB · Views: 20
Level 2
I've attached a few more versions from that date which might work, including the one you mentioned (3.61 which I released on 19/8/18 - I think it had a hotfix for some problem or other). I'd try the later versions and work backwards hopefully they work not sure when the patch would've ticked over. Hopefully these work!

3.7 might work (released 2018 compared to 3.72's 2019) but hopefully at least one of these does lol
3.65 worked! now i can play the version with lil doggo defenders lol. Tysm