1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Most/Least Fitting Leader for the Orcs and their allies [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Feb 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For the best one, I'm tied between Rangul or Amari, though given Amari's effort, I'd say she somewhat fits better than Rangul.
    For the worst one, I'm tied between Rath, Lokar or Sas(sy)rogarn. Rath is obvious due to his sheer stupidity in SOB 06, Sasrogarn is already a known meme and given how easy it is to (possibly) sway him (FOB). Lokar might be odd, but a leader doesn't turn his back on the allies recklessly (well, Rath is reckless AND arrogant, somewhat acceptable). I'm also wondering how the hell he gets himself stuck with 3 human bases next to him when Rath saves him. For now, I'd vouch for Lokar due to his underhanded treachery on Rath, despite being somewhat acceptable since Rath is reckless and arrogant.

3. lloyd2422

lloyd2422

Resources:
    Resources:
    As of chapter 9, for me, the best choice that is fitted to become the leader of the orcs is zairmak, he is wise and has the knowledge to lead their entire clan with justice.
    On the other hand, the worst one for me is pechan the mechanic, because that little guy is a business man, he will always prioritize his business rather than the life of the orcs.

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was already wondering why so many were voting against the little goblin rather than, say, Sasrogarn. :D

5. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cause he's a greedy bastard? :p

Though despite being a capitalist he's quite adept when it comes to politic and actually can make the dominion moves to harness the power of technology, giving them an edge over their oppositions.

6. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    For best I chose Amari. She can actually rationally think, is not xenophobic like a lot of the orcs and is open to new ideas. She also won't allow her anger to cloud her judgment and actions.
    For worst I chose Sasrogan. He is a bit too lavish ( You semi-confirmed it) and not so open minded. He also acts like a moron sometimes. (Good that Grofzag is still at his side)
    Zairmak is wise, but a questionable character too. While he is slowly learning, I wouldn't still trust him with leading so many races.
    Rath would be too reckless and literally a discount Gardon with 20 times the bloodlust and warmongering, so he is out. I didn't choose him as worst because he, unlike Sasrogan can lead a clan. Yes, badly but overall better.
    Oneeye is a warrior and commander, not a clan leader. He can be given some power in the Dominion military, but nothing else.
    Rangul has made too many mistakes to be trusted. May a Gryphon Rider hit him in the head with a hammer, preferably killing him. He is still ok at leading armies though, just like Rath, which is why I didn't choose him as worst.
    Grofzag can have a high rank in the future Dominion, but he isn't quite ready to be a leader of so many races.
    Vanessa, while smart and all, well I don't exactly trust. Leading the remaining humans of Salria after the Dominion has conquered it is fine, but nothing more.
    What I said about Oneeye can apply to Okri, Lokar, Grella, and Flammedus.
    Pechan is a bit too greedy. He would be ok, but his greed will be the downfall of the Dominion. Still, he deserves a good rank in the army reforms and technology sector as he'd boost the mechanization of everything pretty well.

7. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well in my opinion if amari led all orcs there would be many rebellions and wont follow orders
    For Worst one Sasy is pure stupidity while goblin is for now focusing on buisness

8. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Should I feel bad for starting this thread before great Brockta could have his showtime btw? :p

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I chose Amari as the best suited for leader for several reasons. She doesn't think like the other orcs, which is good considering that most of them are too simple-minded and can't think outside of the box. She has a distaste for the orcs' traditions, at least for the ones that are clearly too old-fashioned. She has no problem with allying with other races and I think she would even ally with humans if said humans prove to be trustworthy. She thinks with her head and doesn't seem to put emotions or desires above logic.

I chose Sasrogarn as the worst simply because he has no skills whatsoever and serves more of a disadvantage than an advantage to the orcs' cause. If not for his friendship with Grofzag, I think he would be already dead by this point. Even Pechan seems more competent, and while he is greedy, I think he wouldn't do something such as selling out his own comrades simply for money or endangering them just under the prospect of gaining wealth.

10. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Best one - Grofzag. Intelligent, strong and reasonable. Everyone knows him, everyone respects him.

Worst one - Zairmak. Never trusted the old man. He's an orc. And I mean **orc**. I dont think he likes the idea of co-existing with other races.

11. Hardric62

Hardric62

Resources:
    Resources:
    My vote for best leader goes for Amari, on the ground of her being able to plan ahead, think about the future, and being generally the one who started the successive alliances who are becoming the fundation of the Tribal Dominion and being the glue holding it all by virute of beong the one building these alliances. Grofzag is my runner-up choice since he showed signs of Amari's qualities at alliance building with the bearmen, although to a lesser degree for now, and... well, I guess his gender would make it easier to have traditionnalists follow the line (I assume Amari could have problems with that later along the lines. You'll always ave traditionnalists morons prefering rusty moldy outdated distorted ideas over survival and future).

For the worst... Well, Act 2 begins to make Sasrogarn the loser, but that didn't seem that obvious to me in Act 1, despite the fact he ahd Thunder Shield as a spell, but at the very last he's able and willing to listen others, so possibility of damage control of his rule exist. Zairmak begins to show signs of change, even if it is by way of acknowledging his opponent's value, which is an important quality, and Rangul has showed he could change methods when faced with the necessity.

Leading to Worst Possible Leader... Rath Wolfscar is monomaniacla genocidal self-destructive moron, doesn't even have have any of the qualities showed by other the other bad leaders, and just enough cunning and strength to attract people to him before dragging them all in his fall. Yeah, nope, Rath is without a shred of a doubt worst possible leader to me. Good thing Blen killed him.

12. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd actually choose Rath as the worst man for the job(see what i did there).He is to irrational even for orc standarts, his sole goal in life seems to be revenge, while i got no issues with that , him letting his revenge guiding every aspect of his life would do no good to the dominion.He was willing to sacrifice his entire clan(which almost got eraticated once btw) just to kill one guy.Seeing as dominion isn't exactly rich in manpower its still at its infancy as a nation and has alot of struggles ahead, a hothead,irrational,edgy ruler aint exactly the best fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.