• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The most feared race

The most feared race

• Protoss

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Terran

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Zerg

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • All

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Imbalance issues aside, which race do you guys/gals not like being matched up against 1v1.
I don't have a feared race but I would prefer not to do a mirror match up because those tends to be more boring than non mirror match ups. I am playing random mainly and I wish there is a option to be randomly not the race the opponent is :)

Which race do you fear the most?

once terran gets mmm a tank and a few thors i lose. only broodlords can counter that. It does take him a while to get those units, but when he attacks with his mmm ball and i kill it with banelings by the time i get enought banelings to attack he attacks again and i lose my baneligns again.

Overall, i'm doing it wrong because i know what i did wrong in each match up, but when i do these mistakes against the other two races i still can win.

Level 13
There aren't any imba races, especially since Terran got nerfed. Watch what Void Rays are doing to BCs in mouzMana vs Lucifron. I dont complain, although in Beta similar thing happened to me.

VRs counter BCs according to the help menu.

Also, BCs only got nerfed anti-ground.

EDIT: Terran. They still have overall better units to respond to any situation than both protoss and zerg.

Level 5
Zerg. I don't play against them that much, so when one comes around, its very easy for a Zerg player to pull something I wasn't expecting and win. Last Zerg match I played was a 2v2, and he used Nydus worms in the back of a shared base by hiding an overlord. By the time I saw it, it was far too late.

Level 22
vikings do not pwn mutalisks, or corruptors. i think if they nerf the marouder just by 20 hp it will be awesome, takes one less baneling to kill.

With a proper use of Banlings you can kill marauders just fine with their current hp...

Lalush's offer to make Concussive with some small cooldown could be acceptable imo. And the Salvage to return the 50 instead of 100 minerals. But if Marauder gets that, those zergs should shut the f up for any further 'terran still op'.

Level 13
vikings do not pwn mutalisks, or corruptors. i think if they nerf the marouder just by 20 hp it will be awesome, takes one less baneling to kill.

I seriously doubt that corruptors beat vikings. Vikings deal a ridiculous amount of damage (is it 28 against armoured?) and have a slow enough attack speed and quick enough movement speed to semi-kite corruptors. Corruptors are armoured, thus take much more damage, have low damage themselves, and deal bonus damage to massive.

Level 3
I love playing as terran against protoss players who make all ground forces. I just play defensively until i have about 8 ghosts, saturate the enemy force with emp's, and than use stim packs on my mmm's. The protoss force usually vanishes within 2.5 seconds of the emp.

Level 3
Well, it's only gold league. What they really should have done is scout before attacking so they'd know they need colossi.

Level 13
EMP removing 100% shield energy is complete bullshit anyway. You can't feedback the ghosts before they fire at least one EMP, and said EMP can massively weaken a large portion of your forces.

Also, @viking vs. corruptor, vikings didn't kite. If they kited, they'd have won with like 10 remaining, I reckon.

Level 13
EMP only removes 100 shields. As for Vikings vs Corruptors, Corruptors move faster so Vikings can't kite them.

Is there even any other unit than the Colossus and Carrier (and Mothership of course) that HAS over 100 shields? >_>

Also, units on a-click move tend to delay before moving again immediately after attacks (at least for me).

Level 12
I don't like playing against a zerg who has 2 other player's base's in front of him. Normally I find that they just make a nydus network and get a scout to sneak around and they'll pop too many worms up to mobilize against.

Level 13
I don't like playing against a zerg who has 2 other player's base's in front of him. Normally I find that they just make a nydus network and get a scout to sneak around and they'll pop too many worms up to mobilize against.

How? A nydus network can only produce one worm at a time.

Level 1
Depends on the map. ZvT is tough when they have cliffs for thor/tank drops.
ZvZ is such an intense matchup with often 1 mistake deciding the game, and I prefer longer games vs. toss and terran.

Level 2
I hate playing against Random, since I usually pop up with Protoss, (no not random) I absoultly hate fighting against Terran, also I hate it when people decide "let's end a game right now and spam units!" I LOVE longer battles, even though I lose 2 times for each win, but still I love them much better than "lol spamspamspam".
In 2v2 I hate fighting against TZ or PZ.
Overall I think in 1v1 I hate playing against Terran, and in 2v2, I hate Zerg.

Level 13
So that is, if you suck at war3, you will suck here.

Untrue. I'm terrishit at WC3 and can easily stand my ground against diamond players in SC2.

Before you say anything like "diamond is easy to get into" (true, true), I could never ever win a 1v1 against anyone in WC3.

Level 13
So that is, if you suck at war3, you will suck here. I would get owned by a mate that was beating me in war3, is better, cause he's also better in sc2. I didn't get so good at war3 and I'm observing similar here, feels like the same level. So I fear all races cause that's how I can equally lose form anyone.

Now you're getting pretty close to contradicting yourself.

Level 12
I sucked at war3, but I'm OK in SC2. I figure its because I'm growing around other people and I actually have time to experiment with new strategies along side others where as in War3 I bought the game and started late when every ladder player had over 1000 wins and strategy videos were all over youtube.

Level 20
I pretty much hate playing against zerg because of muta harass. That shit is so annoying.

I really hate playing against other protoss players too most of the time, because 99% of them just 4gate me, and if I don't 4gate myself (which is fucking lame) it's very hard to hold off.

Level 40
I hate playing agaisnt terran as i cant rush them very early in the game. So im winning 99% of my matches agaisnt zerg and protoss and loose just to many agaisnt terran.
You really shouldn't rely on cheese to win you games. Even if it "works", you'll quickly be promoted into a league where people will know how to fight it, by which point you'll get to the midgame and realize you don't actually know how to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.