• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lone Panther

Well, here it is...finally.

The Lone Panther is a new cinematic series that takes place in the same world as my previous cinematic series, the Sect of the Holy Mother, took place and that's the world of Kaliim. The events in the Lone Panther are about 25 years after the events in the Sect of the Holy Mother.

I am not yet sure how many chapters will I release but I believe it's safe to say that you can expect no less then five chapters, but probably more.

Well, I leave you now to watch The Lone Panther 1 - Blackened History.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Panther, Kaliim, Lone, Sect, Holy Mother, awesome, sequal, the, best, popular, History, Blackened
Contents

The Lone Panther (Map)

Reviews
22:03, 12th May 2012 Vengeancekael: A cinematic of definitely high quality and something that should inspire many modders! While it's not quite worthy of a DC due to some odd voice acting, etc., it's still an amazing cinematic to watch.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Okay, review time:

This map, 'The Lone Panther, has a lot of unwarranted acclaim. In this series, the story is set 25 years after Sect of the Holy Mother. The lead character begins to tell his story to his sister -- who is also his lover, wtf? -- before they're rudely interrupted by a guard who ends visiting hours. I actually liked that idea, the whole 'storyteller' aspect goes down well, and the guard is quite a good plot device to split the Cinematic into episodes.

The 'voice acting', if you really feel the need to call it that, was the biggest let down to me. The main character kept the same static voice throughout the show, whilst the other actors, once again, I wouldn't call them that, were robotic and, to a degree, pathetic. They didn't even resemble humans (were they even humans?) nor did they portray any amount of emotion. The Bounty target actually made me want to break my computer, he was on par to, if not worse, the main characters voice acting.

Another set back was the main characters model. His hood disappeared into his shoulders several times which just didn't look real, interesting or good. The actions that the characters performed were repeated to the extent that you could tell what was about to happen next, and sometimes the actions didn't even fit the character model. Once again, I feel like pointing out the Necromancer; his skin was mirrored from left to right, and it just didn't look interesting at all.

However, the storyline was, as is usually the case with CMarket Productions, interesting enough to keep you waiting for the next episode. Although parts were lacking in rich story content, it was at a standardized level.

All in all, this Cinematic is better than most, but it certainly isn't the next Titanic.

3/5.

-------------End Review-------------

A note for fanboys; bitch to me on my profile. I don't really care what you have to say about my review, nor will I change it in the slightest way, shape or form. Keep voting this map 5/5 all you want, you're just lying to yourself to keep with the current fad.

Be original, be smart and actually review things before you jump on a bangwagon.

Last edited:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
didnt mean that, you miss the point, some people just downrate maps like this one, and they dont give a good reason, they dont show any good reason for a 2/5 for example, you for example you rated the map based on your facts(good points, bad points ... what this map needs) but others are just downrating and saying that the map isnt that good, and are not saying why, and what are the problemes, i posted to tell them what you have seen, because many are facing trouble with mods for downrating
sorry if you got me wrong, i appologize
i hope everyone post an apropriate reply for there votes like you did
and dont downrate the map without an explaination
have a nice day :D

Nice way of downrated resources, demise. You written clearly that you give the resources 3/5 while rate it 2/5.

We mod/admin have keep a record of those who rate the resources and we would not tolerate downrater. What else do you think we implement "Post first, rate later" system ?

I would let the admin take care of you at this moment.
For those who rate the resources, please rate the resources in proper way as we do not tolerate downrater.

The map is unfairly rated 4.73/5. I don't even agree that downvoting is a massive problem, because it isn't. It hardly happens, and even if it does there's all these fags upvoting maps that clearly don't deserve some of the high votes that they get.

Drop your grudge, Septimus, it makes you sound stupid, especially when you can't back the argument up with decent reasons.

Level 24
Okay, review time:

-------------End Review-------------

A note for fanboys; bitch to me on my profile. I don't really care what you have to say about my review, nor will I change it in the slightest way, shape or form. Keep voting this map 5/5 all you want, you're just lying to yourself to keep with the current fad.

Be original, be smart and actually review things before you jump on a bangwagon.

Agree with you,but I have to disagree at a point!

I rated that 5 because I saw something different in this one!

So to say,as a reviewer I didn't saw flaws and I loved the content ,5/5 all the way,no one can change that!

Level 7
You say you cant find better voice acting, but the worst ones, (I'm assuming) were the maker's of the map (or yours) if I recall the credits correctly, the one person that did 4 voices, where the worst 4 voices in the whole game. Your voice-over'ers need to learn how to voice-over properly, and not be embarassed by their mother walking in "are you on cocaine son?" Voice acting makes you look schizo, so embrace it, don't hide in a corner and whisper monotonous commands into a mic, it takes away from your cinematic.

@Ash: Very good point, upvoting is equally as bad as downvoting

Level 37
I agree with Ash 100% here. The cinematic doesn't deserve 5/5 at all. More likely 3/5 or perhaps 4/5. The reasons are simply; this cinematic only have good development story, but that's it. There isn't anything "epic" sadly.

Now, you have to ask me "what is a good cinematic then, if mine's not!?". Here's a good answer for you; check this cinematic. There's a HUGE difference between this one and the one I mentioned. For example, when I started to watch this first time, I was so bored, I quited after few minutes. It was just about talking each other which isn't interesting at all. We need action & exitement. Not just boring talk and long cinematic.

Level 7
Dude,think for a moment!

I see your point,but my point is that I love this cinematic,deal with it!

Just go with the flow,the others love it for a reason,you must have your reason why you don't,mind sharring it with me?

That is actually the worst possible thing to do, is to vote it a 5 "to go with the flow" 90% of the people that voted are either A: Fan boys of the series and/or the maker so they probably gave it a 5 before even downloading. B: People who saw it on the front page and went "Oh my god I must become part of history and help this cinematic be #1!!!!"

And actually the people that have posted anything about the cinematic HAVE NOT loved it, I don't recall a post longer than 15 or so words that actually gave a reason for this map to be good, it "just is" whereas there have been several posts by Ash, Mecheon, myself, and some others that show why we believe this isn't a 5/5 map, and people keep just saying "well what ever everyone else said it's good it must be" Very few people have read what we said and no one has really commented or elaborated on them, and instead are getting angry at us for not giving it a 5/5 because we have a reason to.

So I ask you, WHY do you love this cinematic? What makes it so amazing? And any reference to "the story" is nulled because the only scene that progresses the story is so incredibly dull and unconvincing, the rest of the cinematic set in motion from the scene with Gheege to me seems like a horrific plot, it's like Henry couldn't tell you what colour the sky was, because he seems that oblivioius.

Level 25
Excellent review Mech,but I have to disagree to the part where he should change the main character!

I find that a misterious faceless character is awesome!

Nah, not change the character, just make his past form and his present form look different somehow, different clothes or what-not, to really drive home the fact that the flashbacks are happening in the past

@Mecheon: All modern graphic cards, such as the one I have, negate the clipping which is why I can't see it and therefore can't fix it.

Sure? Cause while I'll admit that my WC3 laptop is shoddy, I know I've gotten similar effects in NWN from just having the two things at the same level. Only takes a tiny .01 increase to stop the damn thing from happening

Dude,think for a moment!

I see your point,but my point is that I love this cinematic,deal with it!

Just go with the flow,the others love it for a reason,you must have your reason why you don't,mind sharring it with me?

People like you suggesting things rather than giving constructive criticism just inflate the egos of the map makers and make them more prone to submit inferior work. Who gives a damn what others thing? A review is supposed to be YOUR opinion of the map, not anyone elses. You think the map is overrated, like me and Ash? Then admit that

Level 24
Nah, not change the character, just make his past form and his present form look different somehow, different clothes or what-not, to really drive home the fact that the flashbacks are happening in the past

Sure? Cause while I'll admit that my WC3 laptop is shoddy, I know I've gotten similar effects in NWN from just having the two things at the same level. Only takes a tiny .01 increase to stop the damn thing from happening

People like you suggesting things rather than giving constructive criticism just inflate the egos of the map makers and make them more prone to submit inferior work. Who gives a damn what others thing? A review is supposed to be YOUR opinion of the map, not anyone elses. You think the map is overrated, like me and Ash? Then admit that

Well,I'm a reviewer aswell!

I must say that the map is not quite overrated,for example I give you some low standard cinematics:Shipwreck and COTD and COTN!

Obviusly LP is better than those,but those cinematics are rated 5/5+,so?

So I really consider this a case of low standard reviewing,but I still keep my oppinion,it's better than those I mentioned above,and if those are ranked 5 so this one deserves the same rating if not even better!

Level 25
Well,I'm a reviewer aswell!

I must say that the map is not quite overrated,for example I give you some low standard cinematics:Shipwreck and COTD and COTN!

Obviusly LP is better than those,but those cinematics are rated 5/5+,so?

So I really consider this a case of low standard reviewing,but I still keep my oppinion,it's better than those I mentioned above,and if those are ranked 5 so this one deserves the same rating if not even better!

Uh... Those are much better. Especially CotD

The voice acting's easier on the ears and you do care for the characters. Here... I don't really feel anything for 'em. CotD is also exceedingly well written, which is why its pretty much the standard I hold other cinematics to

I presume I may have lost something because I've never seen any of his other cinematics, but this is labeled as the start of a new thing as opposed to a direct continuation

Level 1
This whole thing was utter shit; no seriously, never seen a worse cinematic than this. The voice actors where horrid - yeah, the emotionless robot is the way to go - and the camera work was shoddy, the angles bad, and there was no coherent flow in it. I just felt like I was watching a typical warcraft cutscene gone bad.

And the one last thing: dear people, please don't tell this guy his terrain is awesome, because it isn't - specially the tile placement was something that really hurt my eye.

But congratulations nonetheless, you made a cinematic so bad that I just had to spit out my disgust somewhere.

Level 25
Because I'm me, I'm just gonna get the final word on this map, because you people have proven time and time again that you cannot discuss anything without it turning into a flamewar. By the way, this hellhole was locked on my order because I am sick and tired of having to face about 3 reports a week just from this one map

This map shows promise. The creator knows what he's doing. Unfortunately, a whole bunch of things conspire to really ruin the good points of the map and bump it down. Hopefully by the next release these issues are ironed out, because this map, as I said, has promise. Sadly, if the creator just rests on his laurels, it'll just be a wasted opportunity for a great cinematic

Level 2
Commander:Take defensive position comrades...
Soldier #1:Err....What???
Soldier #2:Why we defensive position cuz???for wat?
Commander:A lone of nothing
Soldier #2:What nothing??
Commander:I mean panther..
Soldier #2:Oh
Soldier #1:panther means pussycat???
Commander:Nononono its like a tiger they will hunting us...
Soldier #1:Ok
Soldier #2:Oh
Panther:Hello ladies!
Soldier #1:WTF!!!!
Soldier #2:Can we run?
Commander:I will say yes...RUN!!!!
Panther:Where are you guys???

Level 3
Great Cinematic! The only thing that bothers me is the voice acting for the protagonist - it is not pleasing to the ears (maybe its just me sorry about that) but the rest is awesome! :)