• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Dear ladies and gentlemen,

we've come a long way with the Legends of Arkain project.
Over the years, it has evolved in ways even I couldn't imagine when I first started working on it.
I am now proud to say that we are reaching the next stage in Arkain's evolution.
Legends of Arkain is now a Hosted Project of the Hive Workshop!

So, what does this mean?
Well, most importantly, Legends of Arkain now has its own subforum on the Hive Workshop!

We are no longer limited to a single thread, instead we are now proud owners of our own subforum
with a thread for news, a thread for bugs & threads that you, the users, can create within the subforum yourself!
@Kasrkin and I already make heavy use of its hidden Workshop forum for the upcoming chapters.

So, what else does this mean?
There will be threads containing TONS of information, like sheets about the characters or factions!

Arkain shall continue to evolve, to improve and to become ever larger.

We have taken the Map Development section, now we shall take the Hosted Project Section.

Join us!

Level 29
Dear ladies and gentlemen,

we've come a long way with the Legends of Arkain project.
Over the years, it has evolved in ways even I couldn't imagine when I first started working on it.
I am now proud to say that we are reaching the next stage in Arkain's evolution.
Legends of Arkain is now a Hosted Project of the Hive Workshop!

So, what does this mean?
Well, most importantly, Legends of Arkain now has its own subforum on the Hive Workshop!

We are no longer limited to a single thread, instead we are now proud owners of our own subforum
with a thread for news, a thread for bugs & threads that you, the users, can create within the subforum yourself!
@Kasrkin and I already make heavy use of its hidden Workshop forum for the upcoming chapters.

So, what else does this mean?
There will be threads containing TONS of information, like sheets about the characters or factions!

Arkain shall continue to evolve, to improve and to become ever larger.

We have taken the Map Development section, now we shall take the Hosted Project Section.

Join us!

These are excellent news!:D

It is good to see that all your efforts @Shar Dundred and @Kasrkin have led up to this moment!:thumbs_up:

Level 29
Ok.

I just read the Character Sheet and have some questions.

First: Why is Duke Redfist still portrayed as the heartless monster that we now know that he isn't?

Second: So there were more legions besides the three (Darkblade, Souleater and Bloodrinker)? There is a Mindslayer Legion now? Let me guess, Largoth belonged to this legion before defecting...

Level 22
Ok.

I just read the Character Sheet and have some questions.

First: Why is Duke Redfist still portrayed as the heartless monster that we now know that he isn't?

Second: So there were more legions besides the three (Darkblade, Souleater and Bloodrinker)? There is a Mindslayer Legion now? Let me guess, Largoth belonged to this legion before defecting...
Well, there are an infinite number of demonic legions on Arkain. But these 3 are the ones we have seen most frequently appear for now.
For the 1st question i have no idea, i'll let Shar answer it.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
For the same reason Gardon is portrayed as loyal general of the Empire and Genethas will be portrayed as one as well:
The sheets are written for the first impression, aiming to avoid most spoilers of the latter parts of the story.
The first time you see Duke Redfist, he is portrayed the way that you all learned to know him first-handed. That's why his sheet has to be like that.
Keep in mind that also Largoth is portrayed as an ally of the Undead in his own sheet.
Largoth had no connections whatsoever with the Mindslayer Legion.
There is quite a number of legions that have not been showcased yet.
The three that DID appear so far simply are (or were in case of the Blooddrinker Legion) the most powerful ones so far.

You are, by the way, encouraged to create threads in the Legends of Arkain forum instead of posting
here since this thread is likely to be closed by the mods sooner or later. ;)

Level 29
Largoth had no connections whatsoever with the Mindslayer Legion.

I was asking since this Legion is more of using brainwash and manipulation to achieve their goals... like Largoth...

You are, by the way, encouraged to create threads in the Legends of Arkain forum instead of posting
here since this thread is likely to be closed by the mods sooner or later. ;)

I tried, but we can't post replies in the forum, as it claims we don't have enough privilgee...

Level 20
Shar Dundred said:
23rd January:
Progress of Chapter Eleven is going extremely well, I expect the update coming soon

Shar Dundred said:
25th January:
Today is the day many of you have waited for: The release of Chapter Eleven!

Now that's a "soon" that I like :)

I've waited for this update to try the Second Book, so I guess it's about time I got some Pain in Arkain :D And provide some, hopefully useful, feedback :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

These new chapters are not showing up for me. Just the cinematic, which I presume is new, "The Last Talk".

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Strange given how all other chapters are revealed (I didn't want to spoil it for myself because I thought it was after those chapters). Anyway, good job for releasing two chapters. Hopefully, we'll see the rest soon. Cheers :)

Level 29
Alright. I played both choices.

My thoughts:

-Zarin's main reason not to join Gardon is because he allied with Black Dragons? Really?

-Why is Sapphira allied with Gardon? Wasn't their agreement that the undead would leave the human lands for good after Queen Renova was killed?

-It is good to see that Sapphira is respectful towards Zarin, even promissing not to raise him, so that he can join his brother in death.

-The Dominion base is quite easy to beat, as it doesn't build troops and there are no peons in it to either rebuild or build structures. And for some reason on the minimap, the centaurs stationed on the entrance of the base are orange, like the Darkblade Legion.

-So Aridon wanted to imprison Ornassion so that he could raise him as an undead dreadlord?

-The Darkblade and Souleater Legions joined forces?

-In hindsight, Gardon's plan is way better than van Durce's. Gardon wants to push the demons away and eliminate their threat once and for all, while the Golden Guard are content in holding their line for eternity apparently... Idiotic.

Level 10

My thoughts:

-Zarin's main reason not to join Gardon is because he allied with Black Dragons? Really?

-Why is Sapphira allied with Gardon? Wasn't their agreement that the undead would leave the human lands for good after Queen Renova was killed?

-It is good to see that Sapphira is respectful towards Zarin, even promissing not to raise him, so that he can join his brother in death.

-The Dominion base is quite easy to beat, as it doesn't build troops and there are no peons in it to either rebuild or build structures. And for some reason on the minimap, the centaurs stationed on the entrance of the base are orange, like the Darkblade Legion.

-So Aridon wanted to imprison Ornassion so that he could raise him as an undead dreadlord?

-In hindsight, Gardon's plan is way better than van Durce's. Gardon wants to push the demons away and eliminate their threat once and for all, while the Golden Guard are content in holding their line for eternity apparently... Idiotic.

I think that dragon hunter stuff is just a bonus. The main reason in my opinion is that Gardon enslavet Salana. Same as me.
As to the legions... well, id say that one legion absorbed remnants of the other legion.

Level 22

My thoughts:

2) Actually she said that after the demons have been defeated they would leave the human lands for good.
5) There was no other option i guess. Killing him would only be a temporary relief as he would have came back soon. Turning him into his slave was a way smarter option.
6) They did it also in chapter 2, so this isn't the first time. Also the leader of the darkblade legion Erganoth, as mentioned in the Arkin character sheet sends reinforcements to support the invasion, but he either is too busy to lead them or doesn't care about it.
7) Yeah, the golden guard are going on a suicide mission of trying to kill the emperor, i can't really support them in any way, it's really idiotic, as they leave with a huge part of their army.

Level 11
I have been silently following this campaign/series for some time now, I have to admit that this became of the my personal fav as well as one of the all time greatest fan made campaigns for wc3, big congrats to Shar Dundreds, its brilliant creator!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have been silently following this campaign/series for some time now, I have to admit that this became of the my personal fav as well as one of the all time greatest fan made campaigns for wc3, big congrats to Shar Dundred, its brilliant creator!
Thank you! Glad you like it!

--------------------------------
Team Gardon or Team van Durce?
I know I could create a new thread but I like strawpolls and I don't want to spam my own forum with poll threads like that!

Level 3
For those who are playing as Van Druce, use executioner + dwarf rune priest combo. 1200 Hp ( thanks to Van druce's bonus), close 70- 80 attack( war aura from lerring , full attack upgrade ) ,splash damage and 4 food cost --- these guys are just scary( even better than 1200Hp elites if you ask me). Have some air support, anti air and healers, give your heros some gem of healths and things will go smoother.

P.S: Van druce's bonus is probably the best in the whole game followed by Gardon's. I wanted both Van druce and Gardon to join forces. It's a shame that only one can survive.

Last edited:
Level 3
Rather use Zarin's bonus and use that 4 food defender something, Chosen of Hammerfall is a good anti dragon pest :p
Where's Marin bonus when we need it? :D

@Daffa the Mage , with Van druce's bonus regular crossbowman gets 700 hp. Get few of them( 7-8) with a healer and you have fine anti black dragon defense.

Shield breakers are great but 1200 hp executioners with spalsh damage are in whole new level.

Last edited:
Level 3
True, but I kind of favor Dwarfs as my anti-air. Used Destructor tactic all the way anyway, hence why I hoped Marin has a bonus related to mech and start being useful.

I don't think marin's bonus is available.

Destructors are awesome but I have thing for living human units with high hp and damage. :p

Level 2
Hey Shar Dundred, while playing Second human book, some mission I encountered some visual bugs, such as crates, corpses, wall and some other stuff being pink/black colored boxes. This occured in multiple missions.

Attachments

• Visual bug.jpg
    Visual bug.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 180