• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Legend of the Devourer of Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
The terrain.... oh my god..... so damn..... sexy! It gives the real mood the terrain wants to convey and also the trees, buildings, doodads are just too fitting with each other and blends with each other that makes it better. But to give a tip, maybe you could improve how you use the tiles. Remember that when you are resembling like a path in your map, always make the way you mixed or put tiles like putting up a path or a road. Its hard to explain but I do hope you understanded it.

The idea of the game is also good and the story's aim for Cheng freeing the Soul is quite a good one and is not that over used much.

I totally support this project and I do promise that this is one promising project.

+4 REP

The terrain is actually quite bad, at least in it's composition. The models are simple wow imports and the tiles are not fitting with them, at least the way you used them.

Add more tile variation, better fitting grass doodads and more ground variation.

land not yet fully ready, I still want to leave more detailed.
enjoyed his critique, she is very constructive, I count on you to provide feedback on the upcoming updates and give more tips on how to improve.

The terrain.... oh my god..... so damn..... sexy! It gives the real mood the terrain wants to convey and also the trees, buildings, doodads are just too fitting with each other and blends with each other that makes it better. But to give a tip, maybe you could improve how you use the tiles. Remember that when you are resembling like a path in your map, always make the way you mixed or put tiles like putting up a path or a road. Its hard to explain but I do hope you understanded it.

The idea of the game is also good and the story's aim for Cheng freeing the Soul is quite a good one and is not that over used much.

I totally support this project and I do promise that this is one promising project.

+4 REP

thanks for commenting, your opinion is very important to me, I'm glad you liked it and even happier for the support, thanks again :ogre_haosis:

Guys, I'll be bringing more information as the project progresses :thumbs_up:
wait you guys in the next posts :goblin_good_job:

Hmm sure.. the models do look great, but.. because they're from WoW, there's a really unnecessary filesize hogging.. what i like in a singleplayer is focusing more on the interacting and questing, than on flashy graphics..

so yeah.. wish you good luck in doing this, mate, but i'd really prefer something with lower filesize, model-wise

Roland

R

Roland

Your project is great! I hope you can Complete it and make it as your Top trending Map!

In first, thanks for all sugestions and tips.

@Almia
looking good I think the description was a bit large even, I'll see if I let her briefer.

@StryderZero
I'm doing everything for the game to run with highest performance possible, more you're right, I will try to leave the terrain more natural.

@Roland
Thanks man =D

@Hell Master
would be great if someone could help with a signature, would be an awesome incentive, up because I did not understand much of photoshop =/

Then guys, today I'm free time and make some updates on the project, I'll be posting the results to continue commenting and giving you guys more suggestions if possible. :thumbs_up:

Update 30/06/2013

I did some more WoW Rips for the Map, See some:

21k.png

and I added three more models here the same forum, having a quality excellent.

links are below :thumbs_up:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...dad-1-a-47995/?prev=search=bamboo&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/barrel-88352/?prev=search=barrel&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/barrel-pile-88353/?prev=search=barrel&d=list&r=20

If you guys have suggestions of models or skins that fit the theme, can say because I'm open to suggestions :ogre_haosis:

I hope you enjoy this update :thumbs_up:

Hello Guys, how are you?
got some time to bring you guys the news,These last few days have been a bit heavy I hope you understand, but here I am

I did some updates in the scene, and let Tileset more detailed, always trying to bring a more realistic and immersive scenario possible.
also made ​​some new places in the village, check out some photos:

Close

Print 1

Print 2

Print 3

225390-albums6538-picture71513.jpg
225390-albums6538-picture71512.jpg
225390-albums6538-picture71511.jpg

this week I'll be talking more details on the map and start recruiting people for a possible team ^^

I hope you enjoyed the updates.
:thumbs_up:

The terrain looks good but Im starting to realize that the tile is not that blending much on the terrain. Maybe you can change it to a HQ one like to your doodads and destructibles that is HQ.

Well , it still needs bushes , rocks , flowers , decorations , etc
and still flat for me , also need more variation of tile i think

Updates
[td]
22/08/2013
  • Redone the initial point of the game.
    [*] Added new Doodads.
    [*] Added a new HD Tileset, fitting with the theme of the map.
    [*] Using a real path with stones.
    [*] Organized the topic of the project.
    [*] Exchanged the walls of the village.
New Screenshots
Special Thanks this Update

:grin: Sliph: by make some models and animations.
:grin: J.PuNkD: to work in Fire Spells.
:grin: Hell Master and Stryderzero: by suggestions.
:wink: Forsaken and Spiderlight: by dedication and support to the project

[/td]

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmm, have you seen this model? It can easily be tinted in the editor if needed and would fit perfectly with your japanese/pandaren setting :)

Hmmm, have you seen this model? It can easily be tinted in the editor if needed and would fit perfectly with your japanese/pandaren setting :)

Is an awesome model, you're right.
thanks for the tip :thumbs_up:

The updates were really worth it and the changes on the terrain I can say is a great job. And don't worry I already had this counted at Spotlight :b

Thank you very much, know that people are liking is what gets me excited about doing this project :xxd:

Updates
[td]
04/09/2013
  • Starting ripper more models.
    [*] Ending the village.
    [*] Some modifications to the script.
    [*] Beginning to plan the optional quests

Model Protagonist

I was using the "current" model, but I noticed this in my other folder and found a great model also, what you like more? the current or new?
attachment.php

New Updates

what information you guys would like to see in future updates? :grin:
[/td]

Attachments

• Comparasion 01.jpg
    Comparasion 01.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 136

Updates
[td]
09/09/2013
  • Added More Screen
    [*] I made some new areas, for example: the abandoned mine.
    [*] I finished writing the whole script \o/

About The Story

the story might have been very simple, I want to bring it to you more details.
over the real intent of this map is you discover the story within the game, history will be different for each player, and every time he plays if he chooses to follow a different path from the previous.

the next updates I will try to bring more details of the story, not to mention what might be to come in the game =D

(Sorry my Grammar and my english, I do not own the English as a language fluently)
Comments

Looks awzum bro, but you need to work on the grammar a lot. I can help you out if needed? :)

Hello Amarggard, I'm glad you enjoyed the updates, about grammar, yes i really need help and I will be contacting. Thanks ^^
Screenshots

For view new Screenshots click Here
[/td]

Awzum bro, once my own computer works I'd gladly correct all grammar in the map, if I can have a little credit and be an official part of the team. However, it will have to wait until my computer works again. Deal? :)

fine by me :thumbs_up:
I accept the conditions ^^ you will be part of the team and receive credits equal to everyone who helped directly or indirectly. :ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.