1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Last Samurai-TSOT v1.05

Submitted by xDeathKnightx
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Last Samurai
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/152860-albums4000-picture46059.png[/IMG]

As the Warlords drove on through the Samurai Empire, an unexpected someone returns...

[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/152860-albums4000-picture46054.png[/IMG]
-Gravity
-Blizzard Entertainment

[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/152860-albums4000-picture46053.png[/IMG]
-Black_Stan
-Born2Modificate
-dickxunder
-Xaran Alamas
-Daelin
-Olofmoleman
-Chriz.
-xXm0rpH3usXx
-Celestea
-Nasrudin
-aquilla
-Mc !
-Illidan
-reinless
-oBs3rv3r
-Xios
-sc_freak
-abriko
-JetFangInferno
-iNfraNe
-Whitehorn
-Red XIII
-HappyTauren
-Herio-san
-Illidan(evil)x
-BlinkBoy

[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/152860-albums4000-picture46056.png[/IMG]

Screenshot A
[​IMG]
Screenshot B
[​IMG]
Screenshot C
[​IMG]

[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/152860-albums4000-picture46050.png[/IMG]

v1.00

-Uploaded The Map
v1.01
-Updated the "Americanized speech" pointed out by ap0calypse.
-Fixed the credits.

v1.02
-Fixed more bugs and flaws, which Model tester and ap0calypse pointed out.
v1.03
-Fixed more flaws, which Model tester pointed out.
-Bullet now moves in straight line.
-More environmental doodads at the introduction scene.

v1.04
-Redone a lot of the dialog and replaced "Feelingless words" with better ones (I think)
-Done some more work (or tried) on the battle sequence, there is not as much
hack and slash and there are less units when they are in the courtyard.

v1.05
-Reduced Filesize

[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/152860-albums4000-picture46052.png[/IMG]

-This Map is not protected
-Cinematic Time Approx 6-8 minutes
-File size doesn't matter, It's a Cinematic.
-Esc/ Skip Cinematic Ability Implemented.

Keywords:
Raiken, Vago, Juile, Odin, Sharnae, General, Samurai, Warlord, War, Battle, Introduction, Search, Siege, Tiachi, Julious, Garnet, Mankar, Yakobutso, Y
Contents

The Last Samurai-TSOT v1.05 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [IMG] Date: 2012/Apr/08 20:45:09 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor,...
  1. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Testing in bound, review after. Also, it's "Screenshots", without ' and "Models" as well
    Review

Map Name: The Last Samurai-The Siege of Tiachi

Creator: xDeathKnightx

Information: The Siege of Tiachi is the third part of The Last Samurai Cinematic Series.

-------------------
    Camera:

The Camera work needs some major changes, sometimes it wasn't really showing you the important things and when there was a conversation, it never moved. Making the camera move very very slowly would make it look better.

Animations:

There were no talk animations, adding some would bring more life into the scenes.

Combat:

The Combat scenes were not good at all. There were 1000's of units attacking each other and when the general and the Warlord leader wanted to fight, then the general died with just one spell. Because the viewer would've expected something "longer". Also put some special effects in the battles.

Environment:

The Environment was very nice, although there were some unnecessary things, for example the fountain and the night elf obelisks in the courtyard. But overall, it was nice.

Dialog:

The thing that bothers everyone are the dialogs, they are badly written and contain too many typos and sometimes some words are missing. I would recommend you rewrite all the dialogs.

Story:

The story is....fine i guess, but it wasn't really story focused in this one, 90% of it was combat. Focus a bit more on the storyline in the future parts.

Intro:

The intro was the most intriguing thing, it suddenly just started with units swinging their blades in the air. Add a fade out and then write the map's name with creator etc., then slowly fade in.

Overall:

This one did actually have more negative points than positive points, and my rating is 1.5, but i will make it 2/5. But i will not vote for approval nor rejection until you update it.

Some Other Things:

The Bullet movement is still buggy, it suddenly moved a little to the right
    In the courtyard, when the battle began, there were too many units, which caused the units to move in a weird way. Some of them moved to the enemy, some of them were still standing there. You had overloaded the war3 engine

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry about that, the reason it doesn't show credits and the map name and author name at the start, is because i initialized it at the wrong part x_x i will update once i have fixed some of the things you mentioned, Thanks for the review also.

3. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Allow me to say that your map is perfect, perhaps it's not that 24/7 good at both terrain and cinematic but the Story and triggers show at least how hard you worked..4/5

4. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You do realize that 24/7 means 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, right?

5. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I meant another thing but nevermind..just ignore it. :witch_doc_sad:

6. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  7. woiffal

woiffal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    just recognized a typo in your title screen - its in the big samurai word, the r is missing...

8. nijevaznotkt

nijevaznotkt

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's good

9. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks Mate ^^ +rep.

10. venus0310

venus0310

Resources:
    Resources:
    good good

11. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Review

Map Name: The Last Samurai-The Siege of Tiachi - Review #2

Creator: xDeathKnightx

Information: The Siege of Tiachi is the third part of The Last Samurai Cinematic Series.

-------------------
    Camera:

I don't exactly remember the first version of this cinematic, but at least right now, I think the camera work is fine, it's constantly moving around, but perhaps in the battle scene, you should reduce the camera pan time, sometimes it just takes way too long for it to reach a specific character, who is currently talking.

Animations:

The animations are neat, you've added more sfx to the battle and also more unit animations, like the swordsmen dodging attacks.

Combat:

Well I previously stated that the one-shot scene where the general gets shot and is already on the ground was a it short, but I guess you wanted that scene to show that he was enraged and not thinking about his actions.
    As for the battle scene, there are new special effects which make it more intense and the various unit animations help the hype, like the mages casting spells, ...

Environment:

The terrain work and the environment is overall, excellent. The environment really resembles that age. However, the only things that didn't really fit, were the warcraft 3 stones lying around, I was expecting them to be also custom models like every other model in the cinematic. And at some places there was fire, like on the stones, which doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Dialog:

The dialog is OK, nothing so special, and there are kinda too many repetitions.
    A lot of the typos were removed, but there are some still a few left, but nothing huge.

Story:

The story is a bit interesting, there is a fair amount of emotion in the map, not too much, but sufficient. The first part of the cinematic is just a battle scene and then the final part is more talking, but at least that helps the story a little with the assault plan.

Overall:

The map has improved, the dialog is a little better, but still not satisfying. I've changed my rating from 2.0 (1.5) to 4.0. I'm kinda in a good mood, so be happy I guess :p

Other:

Odin's model is not visible in the battle scene

12. Captain_NEMO

Captain_NEMO

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have downloaded the pack. I think this is fun to watch. 5/5
    :aa:

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -a priest was running around like being confused
    -dancing soldiers
    -damn long range guns for that era...
    -when retreating, enemy knights ran towards the heroes and then suddenly vanished
    -elves!?
    -SATYRS!?

2/5.