• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Land of Valenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
[Online Role Playing Game] The Land of Valenia

The Land of Valenia
Download the map here: The Land of Valenia ORPG v0.1.0a
Community: Join us at discord - Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Creator:

Donach

Stage:

Alpha aired on 24 Oct 2017!
Currently this map is in development as of 24 Oct 2017

Current Project Focus:
As you have encountered hundreds times already, people start creating maps with super vivid ideas, huge open worlds, awesome spells, great terrain etc. How these maps end?
I'd say that more than 90% of these maps are NEVER aired/finished. I think this is just too unfortunate.

I was about to be in between the 90%, never airing my map at all (since the state was unplayable/too boring)... However, I found VERY simple solution to this.

I have decided to change my focus on "small iterations". This means, that since I know (I have found out twice on myself already), that making too much stuff at any single point, without the map being even aired means, it takes just FOREVER... And eventually it bores you to death, where you just give up on mapmaking.

Right now, I have moved by a huge magnitude in just few days - that is because I cut the amount of released content for Alpha to around 35%, while still leaving enough content, to make the map playable for 3 - 5 hours or more (Modern AAA games campaign usually can take this "long" ;)).

If the map has at least some success, I will always first try to fix all bugs, then release new features. As this is another cumber-stone of many maps - keeping adding content, while there are still some serious bugs unsolved. Due to small size at first, it should be pretty simple to fix anything.
So when most (read "all") bugs are done, content will follow. Since I have a lot up in my sleeve, it just the matter of "making it work" in Editor.
Hell, even lots of stuff is already in the map, it's just not "active" to some extent.

Finally - a Twilight's Eve spiritual successor will be released. (and I still see TEVE being played from time to time...)

Hit "watch thread" to receive any news about the map, if you are still so excited as I am!

Basic concepts:

ORPG with basic Save/Load system
PvE and PvP systems
Several dungeon difficulties
Many classes, class advancing
Inventory Management
Maximum level is set to 100
Almost completely made in GUI (only Save/Load system is made a little bit in JASS)
Map size 480x480!
and even more...

And here is the preview of current map look: (edges are cut, this is in the middle of the map)

Since I had to revamp the terrain, because it was horrible (not saying it isnt right now :ogre_hurrhurr:), there are now only 4 zones.
And since I'm not going to make 4th class in BETA release, this is more than enough.
There are 4 dungeons now and 1 or 2 are about to be added.

Every zone is supposed to support about 10 - 20 levels of gameplay - it will be dependant on size of each zone.
Since the map is so huge, and I plan to fill only about 1/6 of the size at BETA release, there is HUGE space for more and more content!

Classes:

At the beggining, you can choose between Male of Female character, which will affect your next gameplay.
At this time, there are 5 Classes. Let's see how the tree goes:

All these characters will be playable in BETA release. Let's take a closer look at them:

But it doesn't end here. Whenever you are 1st rank (Male and Female is meant as 0), you advance to 2ndrank, and then you have to choose between two different 3rd ranks. Every class tree is unique with its abillities and its use.
There will be total 26 different characters able to play - just for BETA release.
You won't be able to just spam abillities without thinking to the future. Energy and Rage based classes double time. You'll have to really think, what abillity is best to use now, because of synergy of abillities.
There will be also a threat system for PvE, so no more boring tanking! I'll do my best, to make the challenge to be a tank very joyful and enjoyable, so it won't be just spamming taunt etc.

(If the map will have a little bit of succes, I've got many plans that could be added in later versions - including up to 10 classes and 4 ranks - which means 72 or more units to play with.)

PvE and PvP

I'm planning to implement complex PvE system along with PvP. The PvP system will have it's own rewards, that will affect positively players abillities in PvP (like decreased damage from players while in PvP mode, higher duration of abillites, lowering CDs, etc.).

The PvE system will be classic dungeon system. I'm plannig few difficulties (not sure how many at the moment). There will be also many many quests and also more difficult WANTED and Heroic quests, that will be extremely difficult to complete, but will grant extra rewards.

Bosses won't be just tank'n'spank tactic style simple due to aggro system. It will be difficult even for non-tanking players, to watch their aggro. If they take it from the tank, there is very high chance that they're dead in few seconds.
I'll add many different boss stages and abillities, that will make the game really challenging.

Also, no class will be left just to stay at one place and use 1 to 2 spells. Every character will have to time their spells to maximize their efficiency.
-this challenging gameplay may be added later in game
- I'm planning to make all spells for 4th ranks completely in GUI, so there will be more space for customization and there could be more factors to make your spells different [longer durations, lower CDs, etc.] - I'm not doing this now due to lack of time and that I don't wan't to waste that time doing countless hours on so huge system of spells which will be very massive but all depends on the popularity and demand of the map

Inventory Management

I'm using myself made Inventory Management. The idea comes from RPG games and the basic concept from the Hive, but I triggered it completely myself.
Anyway, you are able to wear up to 11 different types of armor on you at the same time. The idea, that heroes will wear 6 imba swords in "one hand" just disgusts me, so I had to made some system in my map.
System is pretty simple. You find an item, click on it, and it will put that item on you, giving you a certain bonus. With another click, you can simply take off your item of you and get it back to heros inventory.

Credits:
The idea of creating this map started, when the creator of Twilight's Eve have decided, that further versions will no longer be public. Because I really like TEVE, although its not perfect map, I wanted to 'continue' in making map of this style.
So, the core of this map and my source of inspiration belongs to Green_Day_Dance and I have to thank him a lot for my his map and my inspiration also.
Thanks to:
AceHart - Save/Load code template
Ralle, Wolverabid, PurplePoot, Silvenon, Paskovich - For "Things That Leak" post on this forum - really useful stuff
JeffQ - his Chain System im using also
The_Witcher, Flood - for giving me the basic idea and look how equipment manager should work, though I made it completely my self in GUI

Models currently used by:
Tranquil - Royal Captain
debode - High Elf Chronomancer
CloudWolf - Sir Valiant
Ket - Thief

Other inspiration for abillities, heroes etc. comes from various RPG games and/or Hive forum.

NEW - Terrain Screenshots

Battleground Screenshots
I've made some BGs, all of them symmetric (to make it fair). However, even though the Blizzard Cliffs are ugly and we all know it, I've found it still as the best solution to create symmetric BGs. Once, maybe, I'll remap them to classic Raise/Lower style...
If you have any suggestions, feel free to contribute.

The largest battleground currently available. Capture bases to gain points and achieve victory in this large-scale battleground. Minimum players: 6.

Fight in classic CTF style battleground. Gather up with your mates and go fight thrilling battles in this battleground. Minimum players: 4.

Fight in smaller versions of Dominion and CTF playstyles. Minimum players: 2.

The smallest battleground out there. Fight in large battles on small scale with your mates, your foes and enslaved animals, that will help you to achive victory. Minimum players: 2.

Quick FACTS about ALPHA release - Oct 2017 Update
Number of availabe Dungeons: 1 + 1 "world boss instance" (Impossible Dif at the moment)
Number of different units you can play: 2 (down from 9)
Number of Quests: 12
Number of hostile units you can encounter: 11
Number of collectible items: 29 (down from 100)

ALPHA launch date:
Launched on 24th of October 2017!

Quick FACTS about BETA release - no time frame so far

Number of available BGs: 5
Number of availabe Dungeons: 5 + 1 "world boss instance"
Number of different units you can play: 27
Number of Quests: 49
Number of hostile units you can encounter: 59
Number of Heroes' abilities: 118

And the biggest number out there...
Number of collectible items: over 400

Current progress for ALPHA release - updated Oct 2017
Terrain - 100%
Units - 100%
Heroes - 100%
Spells - 100%
Dungeons - 100%
Triggers - 100%
Items - 100%
Quests - 100%

Testers:

NONE YET

More testers needed!
I'm currently searching for more testers, more info in PM!

If you have any suggestions, that should be added or reworked, don't worry to post them too! I'll be glad for any opinion of anything posted here.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Attachments

• MapLook.png
    MapLook.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Cave_1.png
    Cave_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,367
  • CornWheatFields_1.png
    CornWheatFields_1.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,094
  • Fjord_1.png
    Fjord_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,131
  • Guard Patrol_1.png
    Guard Patrol_1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,262
  • GY1_1.png
    GY1_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,163
  • GY2_1.png
    GY2_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,027
  • GYcrypt_1.png
    GYcrypt_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,110
  • GYenter_1.png
    GYenter_1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,260
  • Lake_1.png
    Lake_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 991
  • Swamps1_1.png
    Swamps1_1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,159
  • Wilderness_1.png
    Wilderness_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,009
  • Swamps2_1.png
    Swamps2_1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,004
  • PlayableCharacters_1.png
    PlayableCharacters_1.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,308
  • Archer_1.png
    Archer_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,557
  • Mage_1.png
    Mage_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,338
  • PriestessANDPriest_1.png
    PriestessANDPriest_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,670
  • Rogue_1.png
    Rogue_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,685
  • Warrior_1.png
    Warrior_1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,323
  • CTF.png
    CTF.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 846
  • DomCTF.png
    DomCTF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 777
  • Dominion.png
    Dominion.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 812
  • TheLine.png
    TheLine.png
    605.4 KB · Views: 867
Last edited:
Level 6
I like the idea over-all. It just well...Its great, except you need like custom doodads, models, and somewhat of a story.

Well, thanks. I'm planning to write a story of course, and the quests will lead you through it.
There will and currently are some inserted models, but I have to find the creators to give them credits, cuz I forgot to write it here :).

In current phase, there is only a plain terrain, which has to be completely revamped - it's supposed to be like my view, how it should look at final phase (I mean the layout of areas and dungeons).

lacks unigue classes if you ask me, also what makes this better than any other RPG?

Yeah, the classes aren't original ones. But this is supposed to be like beta test to humoungous map (for 1 person creating it ATM). I'm planning 10 classes (or even more) which would take a year to complete it for me (I still have got some personal life,...) - that's why I've chosen these simple classes to add. If the map will have some succes, I'll add more classes, that will be more interesting and won't be playable from beggining for example.
This RPG should be based on the Twilight's Eve playstyle, which has inspired me, as I mentioned above. I'm not saying it will be better that other RPGs (not even mention TKoK, which I salute to and you shouldn't expect the same quality), but I want to make this map as best by my view. Since I've been playing many RPG maps, there was still something, that I don't like at all. So I'm creating my map, where will by everything just how I like it, and probably hope that more people will (for example the use of Equipment manager, which more or less RPGs lacks).
And another thing, that more or less RPGs lacks is good story, which I'm also planning to write and implement into quests as I just mentioned above.

Last edited:
Level 6
Bump.

Some description changed, added or fixed.
Added new map look along with revamp of most of the map - such as I now use mostly raise/lower tool instead of those ugly cliffs from Blizz.
Although, I'm not going to say that my terrain is impressive, I'm very noob terrainer and I don't suppose I'll ever be good at it :).
I'm gonna brigh up few screenshots to get your opinion and your criticism.

Level 6
Another bump.

I've added few terrain pictures - so check them!
And also criticise them as much as you can! Since I'm noob terrainer and I suppose I'll never be good one, I could still learn a thing or two.

Also I've changed the description of all classes + changed pictures. There are currently charactecs, that will be available to play at BETA release. So check them too.

I'll keep you updated how does my work go.
As far as I can see now, in about 40 - 60 days there could be finally first BETA release. So, if I can find any testers here, that would like to play my map as first and help me to fix bugs, leaks etc., I'd be very glad. If you're interested, just PM me or write here.

Thanks a lot to all you guys who are supporting me. I don't want this project die, when I already put so much time in it :thumbs_up:.

Level 28
That would be great! Thank you.
But, I don't have any signature template atm. Maybe I could try make some simple at first and I'll post it here.

Thanks again.

I don't need a signature on advertising click the link on my signature saying maps etc etc there I store all my advertisement. And yours will be added any moment

EDIT:
Done, the thread is now on my sig :psmile:

Level 2
Hey Donach,

that sounds really promising to me. I like the PvP-Aspect. Also, I could help you with ideas since I'm a passionated WC3-ORPG player.
So, terrain is good, but not great. I think you made the atmosphere so far nicely warcraftish.
I could help you also with error spotting, beta-testing and stuff.
Just pm me, when you need and want my help !!

Level 6
I could be a tester if you want.

Thank you.

I'm writing you on the list.

Hey Donach,

that sounds really promising to me. I like the PvP-Aspect. Also, I could help you with ideas since I'm a passionated WC3-ORPG player.
So, terrain is good, but not great. I think you made the atmosphere so far nicely warcraftish.
I could help you also with error spotting, beta-testing and stuff.
Just pm me, when you need and want my help !!

I know that the terrain isn't perfect. As I said, I'm no terrainer and I'll never will be one (art just isn't my cup of cake).
If there ever will be more versions other than BETA, I'd be glad to let some experienced terrainer to revamp the map. Because terrain is also half of the gameplay.
With the error spotting, that sounds good. I'm writing you on the list and I suppose I should realease the testers already.

Well, for the other visitors to this thread, I'm officialy searching for more people that will be willing to become official testers. I suppose that about 6 - 8 testers should be enough. Since there are 3 testers alredy, I'd like to find 4 more to test my map as first. - this will be also released at the first post

Level 2
Cool !

PvP:

CTF
AoS (or Battleground)
Arena
World PvP Events (like every 10 days, or sth like that)

You can make it rewarding, but not abusable. And that's the point: it's quite impossible to avoid abusing PvP. So you might just add PvP-ranks with no further meaning for acquiring items and stuff.

PvE:

Maybe add a Boss arena for Singleplayer, where you have to face different kind of bosses. And in the end you get of course reward in some manner.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 6
Cool !

PvP:

CTF
AoS (or Battleground)
Arena
World PvP Events (like every 10 days, or sth like that)

You can make it rewarding, but not abusable. And that's the point: it's quite impossible to avoid abusing PvP. So you might just add PvP-ranks with no further meaning for acquiring items and stuff.

PvE:

Maybe add a Boss arena for Singleplayer, where you have to face different kind of bosses. And in the end you get of course reward in some manner.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

I suppose, that the CTF, Battleground and PvP arena could be done. I'm worried about the World Event, could you specify it a little bit more?

As of the PvE arena, I was thinking about that and I'll maybe add it. And if so, I'll make it that when there are more people, the creeps are tougher but rewards will be, of course, better.

Thanks for the ideas anyway.

Level 5
This seems very interesting, like the ideas and im a fan of intence challenging PVE and tht dungeon system ur gonna add is gonna be cool :D i would like to be a teaster too please :).

Level 2
I've been thinking a bit about the World PvP Event

• Random Event doesn't make much sense (e.g.: you're in a dungeon)
• Chosen Event in normal world = problems with making teams, but doable
• it would be like battleground

So I came to the conclusion, that it would be nice if you have a symmetric map, in which you battle in two (or more teams) to defeat each other. It's nothing special. But before the battle begins, you can choose one (or maybe more) henchman, which helps you in battle (dps, heal, tank). With more PvP points you can buy mercs with other abilities and stuff for one fight e.g..

I hope you like it. I think that's not revolutionary, but in my opinion it's a quite neat addition to PvP.

Level 6
I've updated the progress info, info about poster - I may do some after I finish the map, no time for it now.

I've also added some quick facts from the map making and put them at the end of first post so if you're eager to know, ie. how many quests or items will be at BETA release, go check them!

Level 6
Hello everyone!
I have kinda abandoned this project few years ago. However, I kept all the data and now has come time to continue and finish, what I started!

Firstly, I have seen there are many things done wrong in the map and will have to fix them before release.

Secondly, I have decided to release ALPHA version of the map. It will be cut down to only few hours of gameplay to give you the idea, what the map will look like throughout the whole game.
This will involve 1st chain quest, which will lead you through first area and to 1st class - expected level after finishing this chain is 20-25.
There will also be only 1 dungeon available at the moment, which will have to do something with the quests in the chain.

As it usually is, I would be glad if there are some testers, which would like to try my map. I believe that in 2 - 3 weeks there should be all quests done (and maybe items too, but those will take a lot of time), and 0.1 Alpha could be released for testing.

When all bugs are taken care of, and version will "jump" to 1.0 Alpha, I shall release to this thread (and probably Epicwar), and begin testing it and taking feedback.

If there will be demand for the map, I shall continue making it! - don't forget this should be map closely related by gameplay to Twilight's Eve, which surprisingly, is still played on BNet/AntGaming!

All in all, I hope you will enjoy this map. It is not one of the best and highly-professional made (also mostly in GUI only), but since I love TEVE, I hope this map to be it's "successor" for people like me, who already know every single bit of the TEVE map.

PS: Big thanks to RALLE, for re-opening this thread.

Level 6
Alright, how about a quick sneak-peak how the map is going!

I'm currently focused on quests, which there will be 12 or 13 at start, and finishing and polishing the town, making it "alive" and so on...
- currently, there are more than half quests done

Next, I must rewrite triggers for the dungeon, so it's easy-to-use experience, but that won't be matter of a long time, hopefully.

Another thing to manage will be new Save/Load system, since I used AceHart's one at first, but as many people suggested, it's buggy and outdated, so I will be using CodeGen, which suits my needs pretty well.

Lastly, one of things remaining, are the items. Those will take a pretty long time I suppose, so only basic items will be introduced in first release, and those should do just enough to take you through the first chain line story!

To make the map smaller, I have deleted some unused imports, more may go away, together with resizing the map to only the playable area, but don't worry, all the other work is saved, and I can enlarge it whenever I want to.

That's it for now, I'll keep you updated on how the map is progressing, so stay tuned for the release, which should be in matter of months (which unfortunately depends on so many things right now, I don't want to make any false promises).

Level 6
Hello Hive!
Long time no see...

I have returned to development of my TLoV ORPG after long 2 years, where the project was left unattended - originally starting at 2012 (wow)!!!

Right now, I have quite some spare time so I decided to finally "put this to end", meaning, I want to push to a release ASAP.
My current target is by end of this or next week.
This will of course impact the amount of content there will be available.

There will be only 2 Classes available at start, around 12 quests, one dungeon. To help you in going through the figths will be 29 unique items, from which you can have "equipped" up to 11 due to my custom Equipment System (which undergo a lots of changes during past days actually, turning it into JASS/GUI in the best aspects so far).

If there is extensive support and demand for more content, I have a LOTS of stuff in my drawer, as the current content is, I'd say, around 15% of what I have ready for the map in total (which can just still go up...).

So stay tuned, as whenever I feel the first Alpha should be aired, I will put it here, to Epic War and also start hosting it on Europe realm - hope I'll find at least few people to play it with :).

Level 6
Hey guys!
Just to give you a quick update, whole past week I've been working, polishing and fixing bugs.
I also introduced another quests, which was originally intended, however I was worried for it to be too hard to deploy - eventually didn't take that long...
Lots of bugs were found when testing in multiplayer (since most testing so far was done in singleplayer), all quests are now working as intended, save/load is working well etc.

Right now, I have only few more things to test before releasing first Alpha version!

Stay tuned as the release is right behind the door!

Level 6
The day has finally come!

Just today, I was trying to do final changes and now, I am uploding the map to public!
Thanks for anybody interested in this quite old project, which finally reached "final stage" of the Alpha release!

If you will enjoy the map, have suggestions, find bug or want to give feedback, feel free to contact me via Hive or on email [email protected] or [email protected].
Here is the map for downloading: The Land of Valenia ORPG v0.1.0a

Thanks anyone still watching this thread!

Level 14
Interesting to see a 2011 project released. I am gonna try it out and edit this post.

EDIT:
Well I was expecting something big as this project is so old but I can't hide the fact that I am disappointed. Looks like something that has been made back in the days. It lacks a lot polish.
Here are the notes I took while playing for around 25 minutes :

-Can't clear the screen of messages, so if you type -help, you are gonna get stuck with a badly printed message for quite a while.
-Quest system is working but I was never clearly told that I should rightclick on npc to finish quests. Good thing I played TEVE.
-The whole copper, silver and gold thing is unnecessary. Just use one currency. When you will need a new one, add it then.
-Spell description lack polishing. They aren't clear and highlighting isn't used well.
-The first town is just too big and filled with unnecessary things. it could be a lot better. Make it smaller, make it more interesting visually and reduce its size so the player doesn't run around for 5 minutes looking for the first area. Later towns can be big but there is no point making the first one big because at this point the player want just to start the game and progress. I understand that this point is debatable.
-Experience and Copper tags stack on each other. You should just make them appear on the dead units and not on the hero.
-The forest look better than the town but there is no real level design here. Trolls will swarm you in a few seconds and from what I have seen the forest is just cramped with them. So whatever you do, you will just face 10 trolls at once. I am not saying its difficult but that you could just have made a square and spawned trolls every seconds and it would have made the same effect. Why make a huge forest if it's the same thing for the whole zone.
-My stun AOE was affecting guards. It's funny.
-I would get more experience form baby trolls than from high trolls. The experience system seems to be quite random.
-The game starts too slow. I was grinding the baby quest way too long. But I guess it's the style of the map

So I would suggest, working over this alpha and polish it a lot. There is a good base here and can make it work.

orpgtest01.PNG

Last edited:
Level 6
Interesting to see a 2011 project released. I am gonna try it out and edit this post.

EDIT:
Well I was expecting something big as this project is so old but I can't hide the fact that I am disappointed. Looks like something that has been made back in the days. It lacks a lot polish.
Here are the notes I took while playing for around 25 minutes :

-Can't clear the screen of messages, so if you type -help, you are gonna get stuck with a badly printed message for quite a while.
-Quest system is working but I was never clearly told that I should rightclick on npc to finish quests. Good thing I played TEVE.
-The whole copper, silver and gold thing is unnecessary. Just use one currency. When you will need a new one, add it then.
-Spell description lack polishing. They aren't clear and highlighting isn't used well.
-The first town is just too big and filled with unnecessary things. it could be a lot better. Make it smaller, make it more interesting visually and reduce its size so the player doesn't run around for 5 minutes looking for the first area. Later towns can be big but there is no point making the first one big because at this point the player want just to start the game and progress. I understand that this point is debatable.
-Experience and Copper tags stack on each other. You should just make them appear on the dead units and not on the hero.
-The forest look better than the town but there is no real level design here. Trolls will swarm you in a few seconds and from what I have seen the forest is just cramped with them. So whatever you do, you will just face 10 trolls at once. I am not saying its difficult but that you could just have made a square and spawned trolls every seconds and it would have made the same effect. Why make a huge forest if it's the same thing for the whole zone.
-My stun AOE was affecting guards. It's funny.
-I would get more experience form baby trolls than from high trolls. The experience system seems to be quite random.
-The game starts too slow. I was grinding the baby quest way too long. But I guess it's the style of the map

So I would suggest, working over this alpha and polish it a lot. There is a good base here and can make it work.

View attachment 282615

Hello,
Firstly, many thanks for trying it out!
I'm not sure I mentioned it, however, the project was abandoned for like 98% of the time between 2011 and now... I know it's not ideal, as many things done in 2011/12 were kept and never touched again, just made work... (including town design, that is too quite old...)

Your comments are valid and thank you very much for such a great summary, will help me a lot.

About the swarming - there is some issue with Threat system I am using (not my own), as this should NOT happen. I have noticed it is working fine at start, however, it gets worse and worse...
About experience - the system is myself made, so it's not perfect at the moment :). Exp and Bounty given IS random - however, based on your finding, I may make it little bit less random :) (there are several variables which are counted in it...)
The problem of floating text showing on creep is that the system makes sure anybody who did damage to the unit gets rewarded. Now here would be good time to use "GetLocalPlayer", however, it seemed to always lead to desync, even though I was able to make it work for about of minute of killing...

Thank you again, everything is noted!

Level 6
Played this again, I see a lot of potential if you stick by it!

Need any help with items,heroes,skills etc? would love to help honestly, at least as ideas and testing goes...don't know anything about the map editor

Level 6
Weekly Update:
I have decided to provide some weekly updates here and on the Discord channel to inform you guys for any on-going progress.
There has been quite a twist in the past week. I have gathered with robizeratul and since our vision was pretty much the same for the project, we have decided to give it a try and we are reworking the TLoV.

We are sincerely hoping this rework of certain mechanics will lead to better and more enjoyable gameplay, as the current state, as poited by many, is far from perfect.
Since we're both "old-school" WC3 RPG fans, we played many great games (Few coming to mind - TKoK, TBR, Defiance, TEVE,...) and each had it's own special magic in it, there was always something annoying on each of them.
Another big downside of such mentioned RPGs (except TBR) is, there is no on-going development - the scene is smaller, unfortunately. However, this is actually certain advantage, which we want to use in order to bring you new RPG with something from each RPG we played, and hopefully new experience nowhere found.

I'd say we are not aiming to be better, more complex, have more custom stuff or super-duper beautiful self-written spells than any of the mentioned RPGs.
However, what we can and want to provide is our experience with various RPGs, merged together into one and also provide still on-going development.

Stay tuned for more updates, pictures from testing and more!

Level 6
Two-week update:
Hello everybody,
So, the work is still going on. Right now, new heroes are being worked on, each having its own unique, mostly scripted, abilities.
Current work is focused on Fire Mage, which will be the one of first three characters to play with.
Several new systems are being implemented also. There was no Damage Detection system yet, and system for Casting Bars.
Inventory system is also being reworked quite considerably.

Whenever the Fire Mage is ready, we will provide some pictures of him in action!

Stay tuned!

Level 6
Three-week update:
Hey everybody!
A lot has happened in last 3 weeks!
There have been works going on at slower pace than usual, that's why there was no need for quicker update. But we are still on track!
Currently, initial skills are visually finished for Fire Mage and Ranger! This means only 2 more heroes to go for the first release!
When all 4 heroes are finished, we will update the main post with information about each skill the heroes have.
So stay tuned! Don't forget to follow our Discord channel at Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers !

Just to give a quick overview of the select area of the heroes, feel free to peak in!
upload_2017-12-5_0-5-18.png
upload_2017-12-5_0-5-18.png Hero-selection area

Level 6
January and Christmas Update:
Hello everybody!
Long time has passed and there was some development ease-up period over the holidays. However, we are still eager to continue development!
In the previous weeks, some work was done, never as much focused though, which we would like to change in the following weeks.

What was done in the past weeks? Well, most works were concerned about the 3rd hero - The Temple Guardian and 4th and last (so far) hero - The Paladin!
All needed spells are ready to be more properly tested "in the field". As of now, we will be moving to item creation, creatues and world modelling!
Stay tuned for more updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.