The Iranian Situation: Revolution, or Tyranny?

Level 40
Their official news agency reported that. He is cheating. He would get to them. How hard is it to understand?

Nice of the voters to vote him in on a ridiculously high margin and a nice straight line, too (Yeah, nytimes failed at the title).

13lede_chart.480.jpg

Level 36
PurplePoot said:
Their official news agency reported that. He is cheating. He would get to them. How hard is it to understand?
My point is that even if he cheated, he couldn't make millions and millions of people to vote for him, the percent he got was over 60%. The percent against his opponents were just too high which means he's clearly winner. Still hard to understand my point, hmm?

Level 40
All the millions of votes? Hah, that's ridiculous. I can believe they cheat, but I can't believe that that they cheat that strongly. Your proof, please? Remember that they even rechecked the votes.
Riots, thugs, media blackout, communication blackout, statistical improbability near (or having reached) impossibility, ridiculously quick hand-counting time (about one hour), landslide vote when he was pretty despised by a huge amount of the population, etc.

Oh, and how the hell is rechecking the votes supposed to help if they cheated?

Level 36
PurplePoot said:
Riots, thugs, media blackout, communication blackout, statistical improbability near impossibility, landslide vote when he was pretty despised by a huge amount of the population, etc.
Most of those happened after the voting when Ahmadinejad was selected to his second season. Did you know that most of the contry people voted for him? There isn't anything so big with those vote percents.

PurplePoot said:
Oh, and how the hell is rechecking the votes supposed to help if they cheated?
To prove that they didn't cheat and give justice to the whole voting system. Sadly the opposition never took the chance to count the votes again. The leaders are not the only ones who are having "problems", also the opposition is acting way too aggressive.

Level 40
Most of those happened after the voting when Ahmadinejad was selected to his second season. Did you know that most of the contry people voted for him? There isn't anything so big with those vote percents.
64% of the vote is huge. Also, where are you getting the polls from? Oh right, the Iranian official media, who are part of this.

To prove that they didn't cheat and give justice to the whole voting system. Sadly the opposition never took the chance to count the votes again. The leaders are not the only ones who are having "problems", also the opposition is acting way too aggressive.
They cheated. If they had the polls under their wing once, it's hard to imagine they didn't again.

Also, the opposition has been engaged in a lot of peaceful protest, and it is largely becoming worse because they're murdered when they complain.

--

He cheated. How hard is it to understand?

Level 36
PurplePoot said:
64% of the vote is huge. Also, where are you getting the polls from? Oh right, the Iranian official media, who are part of this.
I already gave one in this thread. I got all from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_presidential_election,_2009

PurplePoot said:
He cheated. How hard is it to understand?
As I have said before, I also think he cheated. However, I think that because 60% of the people voted for him, most of Iranian people thinks he's the best candidate of the competitors.

Level 40
I already gave one in this thread. I got all from wikipedia:
Exactly. Those polls correspond to the official media's publishing.

As I have said before, I also think he cheated. However, I think that because 60% of the people voted for him, most of Iranian people thinks he's the best candidate of the competitors.
60% of the people didn't vote for him. Do you even know what election fraud is?

Level 34
He most definitely cheated. And the religious leader most definitely supported the cheating.

The Iranian people have now said: WTF?!

And now...what will happen: Deathcom3s has one answer. How do you think the revolution, (peaceful or not) will unfold?

Level 9
I don't like the Iranian revolution.

Might have to stop thinking of them as bad guys if it works. gets too confusing.

Aeroblyctos-how hard is it to realize the elections were fraud? nobody even COUNTED the votes, they only farted random numbers that suited their needs and they though sounded realistic. (however they didn't-leading to the truth being uncovered.)

I mean. over 40 MILLION votes counted in less then an hour? unrealistic.
ALL media except the ones controlled directly by Ahmadinejad where shut down by the goverment a few days before elections. is what -real- democratic nation do you see that happen?

Ahmadinejad belongs to an ethnic group (forgot the name of it) that consists 7-8% of the population, yet they rule everything. its like Mormons winning the US elections, being the mayor of every city, all top of the army will only be Mormons, the entire police, the entire governmental media (with any other subject to be closed at any moment).
Do you see this happen in a real democracy?
No, its impossible. not that I got something against Mormons, but they are TOO FEW to be logical that they won 60% of the votes, for every single political and/or governmental position. it just statistically impossible.

A minority will NEVER rise to power that way as long democracy exists. and don't you "Barak Obama" me, because black people are NOT a minority in the US. (and still-most others at the government are white.)

Level 36
boomwolf said:
Source?

boomwolf said:
Ahmadinejad belongs to an ethnic group (forgot the name of it) that consists 7-8% of the population, yet they rule everything. its like Mormons winning the US elections, being the mayor of every city, all top of the army will only be Mormons, the entire police, the entire governmental media (with any other subject to be closed at any moment).
Actually, yes. Jewish(1,5% of the whole people of US) are actually ruling many things and that's why the whole country supports so much Israel.

Level 20
I personally think that there was no fraud.
Comeone PurplePoot, you got any proof they murder there the opposition?
By the way, I think there are alot of conservative people there who still belief in the Iranian Revolution, the things that happened then and now and don't want change.

Even if there was cheated, the opposition could do nothing. Protest? Won't get far if they use police forces. Make it known to the international media? Where would they get the proof from? Trying to convince the religious leaders? Too late.

Level 15
I don't like the Iranian revolution.

Might have to stop thinking of them as bad guys if it works. gets too confusing.

Aeroblyctos-how hard is it to realize the elections were fraud? nobody even COUNTED the votes, they only farted random numbers that suited their needs and they though sounded realistic. (however they didn't-leading to the truth being uncovered.)

ALL media except the ones controlled directly by Ahmadinejad where shut down by the goverment a few days before elections. is what -real- democratic nation do you see that happen?

No, its impossible. not that I got something against Mormons, but they are TOO FEW to be logical that they won 60% of the votes, for every single political and/or governmental position. it just statistically impossible.

A minority will NEVER rise to power that way as long democracy exists. and don't you "Barak Obama" me, because black people are NOT a minority in the US. (and still-most others at the government are white.)

You assume that all of the mormons would vote for only mormon leaders. I know plenty of mormons that didn't vote for Romney in the presidential elections (yes, i am mormon).

But looking at just how divided the ethnic groups are in the middle east, they only vote for each other... so yeah, i can understand what you're trying to point out.

Level 17
I don't think there will be a revolution for at least another 5/10 years. The opposition is still too young and needs to develop its bonds with allies across the borders. Only when backed by a media front from the western world (resulting in pressure upon the western governments) will there be an actual change.

Level 36
You don't know what Muslims are?
How stupid can you be to ask that question? Of course everyone knows what muslims are. I'm not that stupid.

The question I asked was about that Void said Jewish aren't evil, so I asked him if he thinks muslims are evils. Oh well.

To PurplePoot: Your arguments here aren't good. First you told me that I'm a thick but then you don't even have good proofs here.

Level 15
How stupid can you be to ask that question? Of course everyone knows what muslims are. I'm not that stupid.

The question I asked was about that Void said Jewish aren't evil, so I asked him if he thinks muslims are evils. Oh well.

You're the one that said "And Muslims are?", sarcasm fails on the internet, and if you're hell bent on using it, please use the tags... lawl

Comeone PurplePoot, you got any proof they murder there the opposition?

Do you not watch the news? There's usually a short bit on how many people were killed as a result of the most recent protest or something...

Level 17
There probably won't be a revolution. Yeah it's tyranny, but the supreme leader has already insisted that the poll results will remain as is, and Ahmadinajad will carry out another term. While everyone is blaming Ahmadinajad, its just the fact that Ayatollah wants someone he can keep his finger around, and Mousavi probably is not it.

There's corruption and some conspiracy here and there. Oh look a corrupt government, go figure. Despite them insisting that they are trying to avoid the use of "Violence" against protesters, it's exactly what they are doing and they're going to keep doing it and then blame Britain and France and the US for any incursions or disruptions, pointing fingers at Obama and going on about how he is "Meddling in Iranian affairs" and taking the "Bush method".

There is no solution here, unless there's some sort of mass genocide in Iran foreign powers will remain idle except for a few "Our hearts are with the Iranian people..." bullshit and a pat on the back.

It's an internal affair, and it's going to remain an internal affair and it will resolve and tire itself out. The dominant force is obvious here, there's not much chance for a miraculous revolution.

The protests are just going to tire themselves out. It's obvious that if by now all Khamenei has done is a "recount" than he isn't going to do much more. Sympathy with these videos is going to do nothing, because no one is going to do anything.

Level 36
PurplePoot said:
If you insist on lying to yourself, continue; we can't convince you.
I don't lie to myself about this case. I try you to do harder job to convince me that what you have said is really happening there. However, I just have your word, you haven't given any links, videos or anything. I just have your word that isn't enough.

So why I'm actually here? I'm not a muslim neither I'm Iran's fan. I just hate that automatically everyone think Iran is so evil country and should be destroyed just like Irak. The world is so "western like" nowadays and we "western people" always think we are so right. We are not always right, we have also make bad choices.

For example, democracy isn't always the best option. Sometimes it's good that a country is lead by a strong, but a good leader. I don't think Mahmoud is the best leader for them, but what I have heard that he's at least good president for poor people.

Many voted for him, because he is good for the people of Iran. We have to remember that he's not the one who is pulling the strings. There is someone else... Theocracy, theocracy, theocracy. I just love that word, I don't like the word because of political reasons, but I like it because the band is good.

Level 40