1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Internet Doomed?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sacrimo, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Moontraveler

Moontraveler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No it's only when the 12 year olds invade.

3. Samuraid

Samuraid

Resources:
    Resources:
    If there isn't enough infrastructure to support the demand, economics suggest that prices will likely rise to force the demand down.

4. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seeing your post makes me feel like they already have ;).

5. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    The internet should be limited to 13 and above. Most 13 year olds and above have pubes enough to know how annoying not to be.

6. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder what Bash.org has to say about this...

7. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, I guess you are right then.

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is just some fantisy filled dream, as internet usage grows, more fiber optic will be installed and better servers used. Also the internet will never freeze due to overuse, but it may get stupidly slow. There is no need to worry about this as more fiber optics will be installed and better servers used so everything will be fine.

9. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I saw this awhile ago.. Idk, we will see if it does or not.

10. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heh, i've had fibre optic internet for nearly 10 years where i'm at, and the States just got it this year :p

Silly Americans :grin:

Hopefully you're right though, as another net bust would not be good, since even more of the world's economy is based around online ventures.

11. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Think about it, the problem would be too many people using it, right? So it would not work on occasion. Then what would happen? People stop using it? Problem solved.

The problem would be too many people using it, but they are using it.

12. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    10,000+ successful sites are made everyday...what about the crappy sites?

13. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not many, crappy sites are only made on freewebs and such, and I don't think they get 10 thousand new members every day lol.

14. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The worest sites are made with "Tripod" you mainly find 13yr olds and under on rubbish games such as "Runescape" "Maple Story" "DragonFable" stuff like that.

So as long as silly children don't come here will be fine and i think my can of sites are doomed... :O because the CRIA are starting to shut them down..

15. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, to many youngins, 13+ internet gate keepers!

16. Cheeder

Cheeder

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can turn your own PC into a server.. Did someone say torrents? It's a POS story like man coming from apes, just speculation from ignorant retards.

And it's not space that would ever be an issue because space is cheap. It's the amount of servers and their technology employed. The US military has 50-100 years of future technology, ahead of civilian knowledge. My brother, who was in the military, was told this, against confidentiality, from a guy who worked in communications for the US.

So it's a matter of server-producing companies jacking up the prices, as was stated, and not to reduce demand but to make money! And in turn, when people buy and employ the servers they inhereintly equalize demand.

And Brad.dude, Canada is a mini-US, moreso a baby-US.. which will suck just as much when it "matures". So don't keep your hopes up, but keep hopinh that people are actively involved in their provincial and local governments as they are now. Anyway, the point, Canada is booming like crazy so it's a lot easier to have the newest technology employed as it grows, and it has the money to pay for the technology, as opposed to shoving hundreds of thousands of miles of optics through old pipes, stuffed with thousands of century-old wires, and getting it when the economy can afford it through a company's debt and of course the demand in the area.

Of course, we could send up more sattelites and everyone be forced to use sattelite internet. The "forcing" part is way down the line, but the sattelites will beat constucting huge buildings just to house servers.

Offtopic: My uncle, who lives in Alberta, said every human (including new-borns) were given like 400Canadian from the provincial government.. Blew me away. And when i was up there i heard on the radio that Calgarian business, like house-cleaning services, for example, were starting people at 90loonies an hour! And with a shortage on handymen and constructions workers they were starting around 60 an hour. (hope you don't mind the cold!)

17. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohhh dissing Canada, going to love brad's post.

Anyway, you are pretty right about future tec, the internet will keep growing with servers so the internet should never die if scientists don't give up on it.

18. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It be nice if the CRIA just left my sites alone though, and i think sites should be shut down if the site's script language aint in decent html or java.

That would also stop young children from making silly sites.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  19. Cheeder

Cheeder

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not dissing Canada. I'm stating the facts. Canada tries to mirror what the US does and it's a damn shame. However, people in Canada actually get involved in their politics, unlike here in the US where people just watch and listen like useless robots, observing their life taken control over, thrown away, made useless.
    "Bad things happen when good men fail to act"
    Guess there are no good people in the US!
    I really liked Canada, at least Alberta. The people ARE really nice and yeah, it's true, murder is extremely rare!
    My uncle was talking about some guy who was hit by a drunk driver during an out-door party consistenting of hundreds of people. He was telling his girlfriend this for some reason, and in detail. It wasn't murder, per se, but i asked when it had happened and he was like, "Oh, about 10 years ago".

20. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sacrimo you're not much better at all than any of the 13 year olds I've met online.

Any of the free hosting sites are definetly a no-go. Stay away from them at all costs.

And Alberta is probably the worst place to go on Canada. It's like the Texas of the North. A bunch of greedy, right-wing, oil producing bastards over there, for the most, but they're still Canadian, so I don't complain. Ontario is far better, as it is the hub of population, trade, etc, is more left-centric in it's politics, and I live there, which gives it an automatic bonus.

And anyway, what are we supposed to do? Western civilization (sadly) revolves around the US. Our soaring dollar is a problem too, becuase most of our industry is based around manufacturing shit and selling it to the States.

I like Canada more than the States though. Overall, we aren't war-mongering idiots, like the Jackass that runs your country. You can't blame America for having such a bad reputation on the world scale when you have a man like George Dubya representing all of your people.

And our dollar wasn't booming ten years ago, we're just the communications hub of North America. We've always had better communications technology than you, ALWAYS, and this is no different. Most of the Us of A still running on that there AOL Broadband.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.