• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Idea thread

Level 2
Leopard said:
For the defense, how about multiplayer hero siege, or maybe hero siege + tower defense like. Or if you wanna make all gnome races, you could make general melee map defnse, like many on blizz campaign.

I don't think that'd work seeing as how this whole thing will be a campaign, but an idea is that the siege could be 3 different heros each defending a spot and such, sending either waves, or you could do a survival. Make sure that the Heros are different though! Like one melee, a ranged and a spellcaster! Same type heros would be boring. By the way.. More backround on what is attacking the city:why,where,how,when and such. campaigns are maps/scenarios/and stories, so those are my suggestions.

Level 18
More background... ok then:
The campaign is happening around the time when RoC campaign starts. The attackers are Rockjaw Troggs who have been freed from underground prison deep in Gnomeregan mining tunnels, where they have been locked up long ago by the titans. Yes, they are primitive monkeys but they numbers are enormus! (that's the official blizzard story and we can't change that too much). Well that's the reason why gnomes never helped the alliance in war against the scourage and never showed in roc or tft campaigns.
One of the main characters will be High Tinker Merkkateque(spelling?) the king of the gnomes present in WoW in Ironforge's Tinker Town.

About the gameplay, we will try to mix aos/td and traditional blizzard campiagn style.

Level 3
anyone here played Battle For Middle Earth? cuz there's a human mission where they hafta defend Helm's Deep, and that's an OK defense type mission... just that, maybe for this campaign, do something similar to the last night elf mission in RoC (one wiht Archimonde climbing mount Hyjal), except with different sections of... maybe walls.. or a siege in a series of tunnels, and ur forces get slowly backed up into different tunnels as enemies pour in... with a chance that tunnels behind have already been taken by the enemy and they try to backstab you so you have to decide whether to try to hold your current position and fight on two sides or try to run through the backstabbing enemies to safer tunnels, both choices being that you'll definately lose some, if not all your defending forces :D OK... my rant is over... hehe comments? snubs? flames? lol (ok, plz not the last one)

Level 18
This is quite nice idea, i think that we will surely use it :)

BTW I have some units ideas that I would like to get comments:

Gnome Rifleman: The first and most basic warrior units. It will have a bit lower hp and armor than dwarven riflrman but will posses a bit greater attack and attack range. Now you ask what's so special about it? Well, it will be only unit that can enter almost every gnome building or bigger machine (after completing upgrade that is :)). So, entering a building will make it able to defend, entering machine will make additional attack.

Some gnomish contraption, like big mechanical backpack with some stuff on it, wnich wil run on mana! An anti-caster unit. It will have alot of mana and no mana regen, but starts with 50 or like. Attacks using mana, so when there's no mana - no attack. It will have abillity like destroyer to suck magical buffs but will we able to cast some spells too. The troggs will use some roar-like spells so we will have use for it^^

Level 13
Norinrad said:
Gnome Rifleman: ... So, entering a building will make it able to defend, entering machine will make additional attack.

What about if the building/machine die? Are the gnome come out or he will die together? If he die together, i think it should give bonus hp too..

Hey, I gotta good idea, since there are anti-caster, i think about this unit:

Gnome Destructor: Efective at building and mechanical. It has ability(spells) that deals more damage if were targeted on building or mechanical. This ability can be like cannon ball shot or Torpedo. So, it ignore immune magic (like ensnare), even, it ignore mechanical or structure.

I think this unit become artilery or defensive tower. So it has some weakness, slow movement, slow attack rate, has heavy(i don't remember well) armor (so enemies melee attacker can destroy it easily).

Level 1
I dunno for the rifleman that can enter machine and building, a kind of engineer unit could be interesting; I mean a guy that is the only one who can repair engines and buildings, that can enter them, and maybe build some stuff, as those energy spot (those could work as moonwell) I spoke about in the other topic :p and then, build thingies as ammos limited mini tower kind and rockets they can launch after building :]

Level 16
What about a unit called Gnomish Taskmaster or something, it will be used to boost your army with auras. My idea is that it will have 2 auras and 1 spell. The only problem is that you will only need one but i still think it is a pretty good and unique idea. I don't have any ideas for the auras since i don't know what the rest of the tech tree will be like.

Level 3
oooo... looking at your Gnome Rifleman model... since he has a double-barrelled gun, would it be possible to give the Gnome Rifleman units a double attack? like, one shot after the other? then reload both barrels, the another two shots one after the other? oh and the tank is.... nuts... it's like the Apocalypse from Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 LOL make it shoot the projectile from the Human Battleships :p with a burning oil type of upgrade available =) call it "Oil Filled Cannonballs" or something like that LOL so they burn the ground ... I dunno... hehe, second rant over =D

Level 3
Gnome Bomb-maker(i need a better name):

He has a weak melee attack and low hp and armor, and costs only a little bit of gold, but he has abilities to make up for it.

Place Bomb: It would take like half a second to cast then one second later it would explode dealing 500 damage to all units around it, even friendly. This move could be used very stragetically.

Flashbang:
It would just Blind everyone near him, making them miss more often.

The bomb-maker would be a caster/suicide unit.

And I think it would be cool if there was a unit like an empty mechanical something and depending on which unit that climbs in it, it would changes what the mechanical something can do. Say the rifleman gets in, then it gets a ranged attack. The bomber gets in it has a ranged splash attack, etc.

Level 5
Gnome Bomb-maker(i need a better name):

He has a weak melee attack and low hp and armor, and costs only a little bit of gold, but he has abilities to make up for it.

Place Bomb: It would take like half a second to cast then one second later it would explode dealing 500 damage to all units around it, even friendly. This move could be used very stragetically.

Flashbang: It would just Blind everyone near him, making them miss more often.

The bomb-maker would be a caster/suicide unit.

I think it'd be better to be maybe a Grenadier, who launches bombs (including maybe smokebombs, flashbangs like in Counter-strike and remote bomb). Instead of a suicidal unit.

Edit: You know what else, maybe you Norinrad could put a lil goblin race in the campaign coz I saw a map of Gnomeregan where there was somthing called the Goblin Gate, dunno.

Level 18
How about gnome Bombardier? 8) We have model already :p I agree with Shadowy Crafter, it won't be suicidal unit. I would rather it to be warrior caster units (like dryad).

The Riflemans within machine/building will pop up when the machine/building gets killed. We won't stand out much from the standards you know :p

Level 3
looking at the maps for missions 2 and 3, now I'm thinking even more back to my first rant XD I guess it's too early for me to talk now, but MAYBE... just MAYBE, if missions 2 and 3 are defence missions (they look that way anyways), then, MAYBE any tunnels that you lose control off in mission 2, the enemy will already have control of in mission 3... meh.. again.. I guess it's too early for me to speculate heh..... /endrant

Level 18
My god! Today I died and went to modelling heaven! I mean, I've found an model viewer for WoW and what I've seen there was just awsome :p I've checked all the models there but one thing interested me the most: any model related to gnomes! This is what I've found:

Here is, some kind of gnomish-bot. No idea how it's called couse just GnomeBot:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/1c11bcf1.gif
I suggest tier 1 basic melee unit:]

Another model I've found, probably many of you know it:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/dcb7fafb.gif
MechanoStrider Rider. Tier 2 light ranged unit (after some modifications).

Another probably well knowed model to WoW players:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/3a9f21cb.gif
Gnomish Spider Tank. Tier 2 medium ranged unit with some abillities

Now the big one :twisted: :
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/252e63ad.gif
Gnome Pounder. Heavy tier 3 melee unit.

Now the three small ones:p :
The Gnome Alert Bot
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/ae833152.gif

The Gnome Boom Bot
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/7d6b3fe2.gif

Mechanical Chicken
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Norinrad/837ccea3.gif

I don't know about the first one, the alert bot. Probably will be something like campaign unit wnich is rescuable or smth.

The Boom Bot can be summonable by an unit. Maybe Bombardier?;->

Mechanical Chicken will be summonable unit by one of the main heroes. Will look a lil' different to look more offensive than funny^^

BTW sorry for double post...

Level 5
Norinrad...

1.- Maybe it can be called the "Cyber-claw" since it has those big clutches in its hands. :idea:

2.- Strider'd Cool for a mounted unit. 8)

3.- The Spider. Another mounted unit? Maybe slower than the strider.

4.- This could be perfect for an ultimate unit for the gnome race. Like Tauren for Orcs (in Wc3), Chimaera for NE and Frost Wyrm for Undead, etc....

5.- Think in this... A rpg map where you have to get in an enemy base and avoid the Alert Bots or they'll send an alarm sign and start freakin out with the alarm noise. Just an idea :idea:

6.- An obvious suicidal unit (summonable maybe)

7.- A mechanical critter?

Level 13
Norinrad, i change animation name for inventor. He has spell-1 and spell-2 anim, that's why making him use random anim when he cast spell. I change it to 'spell' and 'spell throw' (using hex editor :p, you can change it through model edit if you want), hope you wouldn't mind.

For inventor's grenade, i think you should create its model effect, i use NeutralBuildingExplosion effect, but it looks regular, i want another cool explosion effect (flame strike cannot be considered as explosion).

And make sure make that mechanical chicken? or should i skin it?

Level 4
i heard an idea of energy batary stuff maybe u should do something like moon whels like if u come close they will restore energy not mana?... eh?

Level 2
Well, I got a question: The High Tinker will be only a campaign hero or a melee hero too? If it's going to be melee, I think its name should be changed to Inventor Lord or Tinker Lord, because the Gnomes only have ONE High Tinker per time, and it would be wierd to see 2 or 3 fighting against each other in a 1v1 ladder. just my two cents.

Level 18
I just had an idea. It has been tried in other mods aswell but could add something to tFoG too. Well, while playing a mission besides having campaign hero/es the player can choose between two melee heroes. This will open some new possibilites and add more originality to the campaign.

Comment plz :)