• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The history of a Bioshock-type game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know this isn't Bioshock, but I wanted to take some elements from it. In this history / journal / notes you will find how exactly the City of Kasper came about. Hope you enjoy it!

If you would like to see my full game notes go to:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1242594\

Note: This was written in note form, so don't expect a beautiful typed 5 page essay!

DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU ARE SUPER BORED OR WANTS TO INTENTIONALLY CREATE A PROBLEM!

Note: Yes, this history section is posted in two sections! But THW has no rule against me taking a sample of one thread and posting it in another. They simply said not to double post a WHOLE thread, which if you compare this to the other link, THERE'S A HUGE DIFFERENCE. like... a huge one.

P.S. Please don't make this a big deal and close this or the other thread. If anyone is REALLY bothered about me posting the same section twice, please PM me and talk to me like a man <3. I already know that moderators have very strong powers, but if they were truly strong then talking with me shouldn't have a problem, should it?

P.S.S. I wrote this hidden section in hopes of avoiding any trouble from the scary moderators =S... I hope it worked xD.

*************************************************************************************************
History
*************************************************************************************************
- A man named Mr. Adams was born with a very unnatural ability, the ability to accelerate his cells.
- He healed faster
- He was stronger, faster, smarter
- He can never die, technically
- Because each of his own cells had a life of its own
- Obtaining one of these cells meant sharing the same powers as Adams had.
- Scientists laid a hand on one of these cells and started doing research on them. Since the cells never died, they could manipulate
the genetic code as many times as they liked!
- Thus the birth of the strange creatures and inhuman abilities.
- But this wasn't enough. Yes, with one cell from Mr. Adams meant that they could manipulate the genetic code as many times as they liked, but what if the possibilities of combination? What if the scientists wanted to see how a particular DNA reacted with other DNA? Scientists found a DNA sequence fit for an airborn disease of Mr. Adams's cell. With this disease, it is capable of infecting any living organism and altering its DNA into its own. But only
some cells were capable of cloning. That's why Kasper was created:
- To influence people to come live in Kasper
- To infect them with the Adam disease
- And to ultimately extract them
- The invention of the incubator is what gave Kasper life! With this, any living organism whose made contact with the Adam disease could come back from the dead! As long as your radiation level is high enough, you will never have to worry about life after death.
- You need a radiation level of atleast 10 to be revived.
- Radiation level increases when a newborn enters Kasper until they reach 10 (60 second cooldown)
- So how can we solve our problems for transportation? Once we run out of fuel, what will we use to get from here to there? Have no fear, our new invention is here! I present to you, The Conveyer Belt 2000. With this, Kasper will be up and fully running with its ability to transport people from place to place!
- If normal conveyer belts are only one way, then how can a man go back to where he came from? Well.. don't think too much about it. Just face the direction you wanna go and let the machine work its magic! Trust me, it's a lot simpler to think this way.
- Basically, this increaes your movement speed to 522 max
- The new Zapper 3000! It's the all new and improved, and totally cool new way to transport! Forget about the old fashioned conveyer belts where you could be using this zap - away - inator! Just a touch of a button, and ZAP! You can be instantly transported to any friendly Zapper 3000! WARNING!: Use of this mechanism more than once per hour will cause skin cancer!
- The Genetic Modifier Station is the only place in Kasper where you can spend your hard earned DNA on something really really cool! Ever wish you could
move objects with your mind? Get the genetic code for Telekinesis! Wish you could make fire, with just a point of a finger? Get the genetic code for
Pyro! Want to go further with Pyro? Do you want to make objects blow up? Well then, upgrade to Pyrokinesis! When you think outside the box, anything is possible! WARNING!: Use of this station will result in skin cancer!
- For all of you new arrivers, I present to you the Radio Head! Connect this to another Radio Head user, and you two will have instant visual feed back of
each other! The Radio Head uses a transmitter, sort of like echo location, that beams it to the connected user then beams it outwards in a 360
degree circle, revealing the area around your friend! But choose carefully who you want to connect with, because you only get one friend, and that
friend also gets visual feed back of you, too!
- In the beginning of the game, every player has a choice of either using their Radio Head to connect with another player to form a pact. If they don't
use it in the given amount of time, then the Radio Head ability is gone and they will become a Loner
- Give buffs to players indicating if they formed a pact or if they're a loner
- There should be a trigger to Give Buff
- We've come across the genetic code for actually producing the specific DNA that we need! Now instead of infecting people, we can create a farm! But we
are missing something... it seems as though the people with this genetic make up will disintegrate as fast as they produce the DNA. So I present to you The Sack. This suit is capable of supporting human life, exporting waste, and WILL NOT DISINTEGRATE! But we only have enough material to make a few of these suits...Actually we can only make 4 of these suits every day.
- The Sack will come four at a time every day
- They can build up and accumulate
- No limit of how many of these there can be
- But we need someone to protect these sacks. Regular Kasperians won't do the job, so we need to invent something far greater and powerful! We need to protect our sacks and make sure that our DNA farm keeps on growing! The invention that I came up with is nick-named The Reaper and it will attack
anyone who tries to extract our Sacks!
- The Reaper is very strong
- It can fly
- It can use lots of genetic powers
- It IS the boss enemy in this game
- So why don't we send the Kasperians home now that we've found this great invention? Well, it's simple! I've stumbled upon the most extraordinary code yet! I I call it the Puppeteer. With this, I can brain control everyone in The City of Kasper! And with this and my inventions, Kasper shall not rule, but DOMINATE the entire world! Earth shall be renamed into my name, Marxus!
- So by now everyone knows that the person writing these things is Marxus
- That leaves the question of where is Mr. Adams?
- This is a PERFECT set up for a sequal, which COULD lead to even more epic action (more weapons, items, enemies, ect)
- I don't think that our genetic codes are strong enough. They actually are, well kinda pathetic! So I've made some new genetic codes. I hope the Kasperians will enjoy them...
-You can upgrade genetic codes by buying a higher level one! But if you don't start from the beginning and work your way up, then you will get radiation!
- Example: Buy Pyro 1, then buy Pyro 2, then Pyro 3 and so on
- There will be 5 levels
- Each code will have a second level (which it goes to if the proper red catalyst is equipped)
- Radiation will rise 30-50 if skipped and it will stack
- If you buy Pyro 3 straight away, then you'll get 60-100 radiation WHICH ISN'T GOOD!
- So just buy it straight from the beginning!
- Alright, now I am just making it unfair for those Kasperions who favor weapons over genetic technology! So I've now created this operation room which can upgrade your weapons by getting an operation done! The operation will enhance your attachment to your weapon and give you more strength! But
once you die or switch weapons, your connection to that weapon is lost and you will no longer have the weapon's bonuses.
- There are 10 levels total for weapons and they are always minor adjustments.
- Kasper is a fairly large city, and is it possible to view more of it than what your eyes only see? Yes! Now the Radio Head comes with a visual feed back of all areas that you have connected with! If you see a blue bulging light anywhere in Kasper, step on it! You are now connected to that area.
- Make these blue lights in the main parts of Kasper
- There have been some trouble makers around Kasper and they keep taking down the Radio Head servers! They managed to hack our system, get rid of
everyone's connection, but saved their own! Now, just about anyone can do this if they see a red bulging light anywhere in Kasper, but I have designed a mechanism that is 100% sure to keep those trouble makers out! First, I have made these red lights radioactive. Second, I made a power reserve system which can give the whole city of Kasper back its servers just by stepping on a yellow bulging light.
- If someone finds a red switch and steps on it, they gain 10 radiation but ALL sight (even partnership sight) will be disabled until someone steps onto
a yellow light
- They and their partner keep their sight though
- Lately, it seems as though Kasper has been kinda.. .well dull. So last night, I invented drugs that will brighten anyone's day up! There Speed which, if you take enough, you'll be as fast as you would be on a Conveyer Belt 2000! Another one heightens ones endurance, raising their health! Then the last is
the Demon which raises the user's energy, but gives them what appears to be wings. They cannot fly however. These drugs will last forever until they
die and get revived at an incubator. These drugs are radioactive and will eventually kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.