1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

The HellMouth < 3.7 >

Submitted by ToldYouSo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
B
-The Hellmouth 3.6d-

Hey everyone! I'm glad to present you a map I've been working on for over a year, it took a lot of effort and hard work, but I was too inspired to give up.

Description!

The Hellmouth is 4x4 map where you can play as Paladins or Dreadlords. Each side has completely different gameplay and goals in order to win. I can't really define the genre of my map. There are arena elements, AOS, and a lot of other unique features all combined into one.

Paladins!

Paladins start at an impenetrable fort. You complete local quests and earn gold in order to improve your allies. You are allied to the Militia clan(computer), they offer items and also help you protect the villagers by patrolling the map.

Dreadlords!

Dreadlords start out at a random location, as shades. In the early game can scout, find secrets and increase your future power as a dreadlord. Once the timer is over, Dreadlords become offensive units.You are an invisible, stealth based hero, whose team goal is to kill 80%+ of the villagers OR to slay every Paladin. Every villager you kill raise as a unit of Undead clan(computer)who will attack nearby enemies. The Militia and Undead will fight each other.

Features
-Completely unique gameplay never seen as something similar.
-Written AI for both allies - Miltia and Undead - have a lot interesting elements of strategy and other things.
-Higi quality terrain
-Custom models/skills and artifacts

< 3.7 >An UPDATE happened! Yeah boy!

=Changelog=
-A lot of balance fixes.
-Militia AI Improvements. They will seek for Undead if they will hear citizen screaming.
-Wards now automatically spawn every 2 minutes on a random point of map (though it would be a low version existing for 3 mins). All other wards are improved and now guarantee whole area vision.
-Armor/Attack system has been completely reworked and now differs from vanilla wc3. This will make balance of a game easier to tune.
-Some land improvements.
-Bug fixes. Hope to fix every issue with player desync

Screenshots
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Change Log

-3.4d old

[C]

Credits
Programming and map design is made by me ToldYouSo.
Artists, whose great models, skins and icons I used: Kotelok by DaUn1T, AltarofLights by Mc !, Wooden Barricade (Animated) by Kwaliti, RejuvenationTarget by Metal_Sonic, Blink Target, Breathoffiredamage by JetFangInferno, Owl by Kuhneghetz, HolySmight by Tranquil, Grass by Belgarath, Glowing Light by neogaidenx, DemonShieldTarget by Devine, Necronage by Blizzard and lraccarl, Hut by communist_orc, Royal Captain by Tranquil, Darknova by marcus158, DreadLord(Pre-beta-look-like) by Kuhneghetz, Arcane Explosion, Blood Presence, Unholy presence by Champara Bros, House5 by Shadow_killer, WorgenManor by Sellenisko, Gallen Trollbane, Sir Valiant, Turalyon, BTNCWTuralyon, BTNGallenTrollbane,BTNCWSirValiant by CloudWolf, Obsidian Overlord by -Grendel, Hanged Pirate on Gallow by Uncle Fester, Holy Execution by Champara Bros, PunishMissle Model by PeeKay, QuestMark1, QuestMark2 by Manoo, BarbarianVillager by Sin'dorei300, Leaves Weather by JesusHipster, OrbOfCorruption by UgoUgo, VoidSkullAura_v5 by xyzier_24, Female Villager 11 by Dreacon, Sun Disk by Azure Phoenix, Runic Aura by Direfury, Berry Bush, Water Heel, Cottage, Homestead, Crypt by HerrDave, HD Peasant by KAIL333XZ, Re-Animated Skeletal Archer by kellym0, Pavment Bridge by Blood Raven, RuinedHightBornTower by MatiS, Pearlescence by Shyster, HeroDreadlord by shockwave, Heretic by Pins, VillagerMale by inhuman89, Returned Mage, Returned Captain, Returned Archer by 67chrome, RunicRuneKeeper by Daenar7, 7 boxes health bar by stan0033, Sliced exp bar by SA Dashie, BTNHolyRetribition, BTNHolyProtection by Blizzard, BTNUnholyResurrection by viiva, BTNDisturbTheDarkness, BTNIceWand, BTNObsidianOverlord by NFWar, BTNNetherSwap by 4eNNightmare, BTNCryptStalker by Darkfang, BTNDemonForgedAtlas by JollyD, BTNTreantHide by JollyD, BTNVoidWalker by morbent, BTNUnholyPresence by Blizzard, Hunter's Mark by JesusHipster, ThorasThrollbane by Mister_Hauddrauf, Variation8 by MatiS, General(Stormgarde), Militia, Danath Throllbane by Ujimasa Hojo.

Thx for translating support:
robizeratul

[C]

Authors Notes
Inspired by some really OLD ROC maps I couldnot even find now but been playing back in old days. It was easy to develop my gameplay concept much deeply than their original.
Contents

The HellMouth < 3.7 > (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Credits should be given. You could write a list being helped by this: Resources in Use by The HellMouth 3.4d | HIVE Would be nice including the original author of the maps you're referring to and their project names. Not sure the AoS tag fits really....
  1. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is not the type of map I enjoy so my review isn't worth much.

I must say however, besides the unsinkable cinematic in the beginning, this is a really well made map. Everything looks really polished and professional, it truly feels like he spent 1+ year on this.

If you have friends to play with, this is a must try! Rare seeing something new and fresh but this map delivers.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. MadnessTheKey

MadnessTheKey

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good map.

3. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for you feedback guys.
    robizeratul your help with description is credited. Glad you find my work is something "fresh". Yeah, i've been trying to make something really new, beside the fact where some old ROC maps inspired me. There were poorly executed, and delivered fun only with simple tricks I never used in gameplay here. So when I made an AI for Undead (that was the first thing I made in map) computer, I already knew I overcome their idea. The only thing I recreated if PaladinsVSDreadlords thing and raising Undeads when you kill villagers.
    During the development I've encountered some maps that been similar with idea. But still, they had no idea what to do with computer units. When I did AIs, my idea still looked bored and dull. I realised what's the diffrence between mini-game and fully genre. I could give up my work many times, but new and new ideas been chasing my mind, so today I finally managed to present it as a MAP. It works incredible for me, though I'm lacking of for any testers who can help me.

4. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would help you as a tester, but I am more of an RPG player, so this map is very different from what I play.

Still, I could try and see. Maybe you are lucky and more people come! These days it's hard finding 8 people for a single map...

5. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe I am. We can only wait and see. Though even 4 people is appropriate number.

6. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I gave up trying to make a wc3 screenshot appropriate to a preview, so I used someones' awesome art.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Credits should be given. You could write a list being helped by this: Resources in Use by The HellMouth 3.4d | HIVE
    Would be nice including the original author of the maps you're referring to and their project names.
    Not sure the AoS tag fits really.

1. There is no map description in the lobby before starting the game and neither on the loading screen. Add an author too.
    2. No information in the quest log about game rules. Would be nice to have some.
    3. Some abilities have broken or unseen text coloured descriptions. Example: the one to the right of Devotion belonging to Mefist.
    4. A copy of the Sentry Wards but one of them costs?
    5. The exclamation mark remains on Landi's location not on him after he starts moving.
    6. Leaves are falling from the sky :D
    7. Wand of Regeneration can be clicked but nothing happens (I guess item copy "error").
    8. The castle needs some pathing blocking since units can pass through it.
    9. You can get through the walls in the southwestern fort to the snow without needing to destroy the gate. Press P or click the option in the View menu bar to see pathing in the editor. Same happens with many villages as the one in the northeast where you can get through the fences too.
    10. If you could make the world feel more alive as most units just stand idly.
    11. Why not be able to drop items as Death Grip and Forgotten Shield? You can take them with the human heroes. Feels weird for that dagger or sword to just be lying near two Peasants.
    12. Only Villager Women have levels?
    13. Pretty scarce wildlife.
    14. There's a lot of walking on Slow movement speed.
    15. Avoid playing music through the sound channel. Use the other Play Music trigger.
    16. As a dreadlord you lose 3-4 seconds of the materializing time in that the timer still has those seconds and the creature already starts to materialize.
    17. Alright so, dreadlords don't have any optional quests. Shouldnb't there be a scoreboard/panel to know how many villagers are still needed to be killed. Also, shouldn't there be a 30 minute timer?
    18. I suggest at least changing the auras for the Paladins since 4 Devotion Auras are just not useful. That if you don't want to further diversify all heroes.

All in all a nice map which could do with more content, quests and wildlife.

Awaiting Update. (credits list)

=====================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im very glad to see your feedback deepstrsz as I wanted least a bit of evaluation of how my map feels to play. My last mounthes Ive been troubled with progression, coz I could not force myself to get a fresh view on game, supposed to be played in multiplayer or just someone else except for me.
    I will try to update all this things you listed. Some of them are not supposed to work like that: as I tested now they got broken with my last update. Dont know what do u suggest with leaves. Also wildlife was concerning me a lot, but still I have too much ideas how im gonna make it more "living":
    1) Make a big system that will determine a behavior for every villager (that includes moving, talking, animation playing)
    2) Make them move at random places, but dont let it be too chaotic.
    The militia seems a good bot for me, though. They can patrol on a map (barracks are fully working buldings, they spawn patrols units if something go wrong on areas). For Paladins test there should ve been a test command "undeadarmytt", but for some reasons it doesnt work now too.

If you want me to credit that authours who made original maps.... Well, I just cant find them coz they seem to bee too old and unfamous. i can credit them as "group" who inspired me, because anyway, I only used some basics ideas.

EDIT about 18 paragraph: Devotion aura should not be as strong as you think. It mostly useful for militia units and allow Team Paladin to divide with opportunity to always buff the areas they protect.
    Though I find 4 Paladins too boring to be. Further development will probably include reducing their count to 3, and Player 4 will have a choise to pick a Alliance-Neutral hero (I find it as a great move), so there will be a choice to get additional Player 4 or to get a little buff for Paladins and Militia.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most importantly credit the authors from whom you've used the skins/models/icons etc.

10. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ofcource, I will mention every author hiveworkshop found to me.

11. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map is updated to 3.5

---- 3.5 Changelog
    -Fixed a lot of broken functions and other bugs (thx to deepstrasz).
    -Added a scoreboard showing the percentage of remained villager for both teams.
    -Other little stuff.
    I also gave more information about gameplay, you can check in Quests tab.

12. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would really like to get more feedbacks, it keeps me up to work on HellMouth as fast as I can, beside I have some business now :)

13. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am planning to update this map with more functionalities when warcraft 3 will get more functions. However, if someday wc3 is going to get a remastered version, that will be a good reason to keep up working too, haha! Just a dream.
    As for now, im stll having a business to do. It might take a kot of time, up to a end of this year.

14. Velrog

Velrog

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map has bugs. Enemy team always gets DC when i host it, my teammates always lose gold without doing anything... not even buy stuff and their gold vanishes... Can you pls fix this? Otherwise the map remains unplayable...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  15. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Velrog Im really sorry for those terrible DC bugs you have met. I couldnt normally test some sort of bugs like these, so there might be just a lul bug make enemy team disconnected from a game. Damn.
    I will be able to fix this map only in December, but ill make it for sure.

16. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Happy to announce I updated my map and removed all bad bugs. Finally!

17. Fintrik

Fintrik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map is just great i like how difficult it is, sometimes it forces to play very safely but many times its problem for begginers.
    Also sometimes happens that players suddenly disconnect for no reason, its probably bug you should fix. (WC 1.26, Gameranger)

EDIT: Last time it happened few seconds after red paladin compled a quest (Probably some desynch in triggers? Also i am not sure if colors matter that much it happens to any slot)
    The bug is similiar to what Valrog experienced
    Also i recommend to test the map through multiplayer, its the best way of finding bugs and exploits.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  18. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well can u explain approximate time when DC happens? Or describe what excactly you've been doing at the time when DC happenned. I couldnt fix things like that only because I cant meet them as a single player tester.
    I dont think this map is unfair or even difficult. If u die on Dreadlord, u will keep playing as Undead necromancer. However, if u die on Paladin, u a dead and that's it. I think I'll give them a playable unit too.
    There are so much improvements I plane to make. I am delaying them just because I have a lot of time before Reforged will be released, and no one but me is interested in development of this map.

19. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That’s it! If u will find any terrible bug I ll immediately release a patch fix, but for now my work is done. It’s not completed as I wished, but it should be fully functional.
    The most reason why I’m done with HellMouth is disappointment I felt during the development. Wc3 engine put me in hard troubles with code compatibility, and wc3 custom maps popularity is too low now, I did not expect that to be honest.
    Reformed seems to be an interesting thing, but not enough to. Their Warcraft politics may ruin all the expirence.

Hope somebody enjoy this map, and won’t be afraid that HellMouth still remains too incomprehensible.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018