• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Harvester [HD]

Info
Just created another cool HD weapon from the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Totally made from scratch, just used some custom texture for the Blade, because
I don't like the InGame options for this.. most looked crappy, so I choosed a Custom Texture for it!

"Death's Scythe, The Harvester, boasts a blade that resembles a barbed wing. This fabled weapon was made many ages ago, to fill the bony hands of the Horseman Death."
Updates:
- reduced Modelsize a bit
- Now uses InGame textures only

>> If you like the Custom-Texture (screenshot) more then just PM me and I'll send it to you <<

Please give me credits for my work!
Do NOT edit or change anything without my permission!

ENJOY!

Keywords:
Harvester, Death, Scythe, Death's, Four, Horsemen, HD
Contents

The Harvester [HD] (Model)

Reviews
19:16, 1st Oct 2010 anarchianbedlam: EDIT: Sorry for the suspicion, I am very glad to see such an improvement. Just give the blade an ingame texture and make the whole model smaller and I'll approve it EDIT: meh, good enough

M

19:16, 1st Oct 2010
anarchianbedlam: EDIT: Sorry for the suspicion, I am very glad to see such an improvement. Just give the blade an ingame texture and make the whole model smaller and I'll approve it

EDIT: meh, good enough

Level 18
I really don't get why you could come to such a high face count while using a custom texture.

And I don't get how you combine those two facts?
the faces display the modeldetails (normally), like more details and better model quality = more polys.
But what has this to do with the custom texture? I just used that custom texture for the blade, because I couldn't find a suiting InGame Texture,
that doesn't leave the blade blurrish or white only. This looks way cooler, that's all and I tried to keep it small!

I want to do some HD models, and of course they have more polies, than most other models! The filesize of 60kb isn't that bad and shouldn't get your attention,
because blizzard increased the maplimits from 4MB up to 8MB, so there should be enough space to find a place for this model.
Finally this weapon isn't supposed to be used that often, and therefore it should keep laggs away!

Thanks for the posts! Enjoy :)

Just created another cool HD weapon from the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Totally made from scratch, just used some custom texture for the Blade, because
I don't like the InGame options for this.. most looked crappy, so I choosed a Custom Texture for it!
You... 'chose' the texture? or you drew it freehand?
you know... ripoffs aren't allowed.

the model itself has an awesomely unnecessary quality :)

Level 18
You... 'chose' the texture? or you drew it freehand?
you know... ripoffs aren't allowed.
Yeah choosed it.. I haven't made it.. but if that's such a big deal here,
I could try to redraw it to make it fit.. because the InGame Textures are too stretched
to stay the quality I want it to have..

the model itself has an awesomely unnecessary quality :)
Yeah of course it unnecessary and it could be less detailed and lower in polycount, but
I want it to be as it is now :p Doing HD models now :)

Maybe I'll recreate some of the HD models for some guys out there that only use low-poly models.. but we'll see ;)

Level 1
XD Death's Scythe
but isn't it two handed?
and btw where's WAR and will he be w/ his abyssal armor?

Last edited:
Level 18
Resizing this Weapon doesn't make sense anymore..

because it fits not all units.. I can't resize it to a size that fits all units.
It's kinda huge for peasants, but fits perfectly for Blademaster (even it's a bit smaller than his blade) and so on.. this weapon fits not all units, but I could resize, or give the permission to resize it, to making it fit different units..

So at all:
If you want to use this weapon for specific units, and it's way too huge or too small, then feel free to resize it, to make it fit. Some units wearing this weapon easily, while other are only half that tall :p

Would be nice, if you send a PM to me, if you want to resize it, just as an info for me ;)

Level 18
Very nice information, if this works!! Could be useful for a lot of people, specially those who complaining about the size..
I can't resize it to fit every unit, just use those attachment size settings, or resize the model yourself,
when you want to make it smaller for lets say a peasant, etc. For some moels it's just perfect, like the Blademaster...

Well, experiment with it and choose your fitting size, so no complaining about this any more, pls!! Any other comments are still welcome :D

Level 3
I like this model and It is useful. But I think it's a little too big.... However, I like the concept. The design and stuff. I'd rate it 5/5 from me. Great, great work!