1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Greek Crisis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by UchihaSasuke.gr, Oct 5, 2011.

1. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And our teacher's salary converted in GBP is maybe 200-250 GBP. It's like comparing a shit to a chocolate, which is better? Gee your problems..

2. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your living costs are alot lower. And i was reffering only to the UK as its in the UK which teachers are having massive strikes over. But yeh comparing Incomes in different countries is a bit pointless. unless they share the same currency. I.E Euro or Dollar xD etc

Btw where are you from xD?

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The UK still has a credit rating meaning people deem it able to pay back money it borrows. Greece and places on the other hand have a credit rating as bad as one can get prety much as people know they will never pay it back. The major difference is that Greece is bankcrupt while the UK is not.

My sujestion was only for countries that declare they are bankcrupt and so refuse to pay of their debt. Currently as an investor who lent money to a country you will never see that money again if they declare they refuse to honer debts. How is that fair? Ultimatly their bad spending behaviour cascades down to places like the UK and Germany which have already given Greece a lot of money via susbidies from the EU having to eithor bail them out or to be draged down with them.

God knows why the these countries were let into the EU in the first place when it was obvious they would do nothing but parasitise richer countries.

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because there is criteria frm Copenhagen about membership and countries who are let in meet them at the time of entry (or are given the runner-up program that is to meet them shortly after they join). And same for EMU - there are Maastricht criteria that if met, can enter the Eurozone.

Greece wasn't with such problems when they joined the EU but hey, there was no single monetary currency either, so yes im not sure EMU is such a good thing..

And currently there is no way to kick a country frm the team cause the process would be very complex. Also Italy was a founder, cannot be called 'parasite' and they were on one of the Great powers.

Some countries act as parasites agreed, but they want to benefit from the membership and it is a good thing, EMU may not be. So I think the formula eventually could be EU without EMU

@Brambleclaw - Bulgaria

5. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Italy was never a great power and always a parasite. Including in World war 1 and 2. Just hope we clear that up. they took no real active part in either war Swapped side sin WW1 to the victor and took some of the spoils in both wars. So yeh they are parasites

6. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's so many things wrong with this post...

7. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yet you don't point out what is wrong. Try supporting your argument before making bold statements. I give statements which are supported. As this is historical fact. You make a blatant statement which has no evidence or support.

Jesus just take a look at Itallian HIstory. In WW2 There were very few instances where Italy fought. And most times they got trashed. You have one battle where italy hit Britain with its air force. They were literally failing hard. Britain was taking out 10 Itallian planes for ever 1 Brit plane. Derp itallians were awfull.

Then in WW1 They were part of the Triple entant , Then didnt join in the war and instead left. They only ever wanted to gain land. So sided with victor. Due to italy leaving Turkey- The ottoman empire decided to step in and help Germany in place of Italy. Turkey>italy

8. EloTheMan

EloTheMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    As I remember the original EU was basically meant to stop France and Germany from going to war with each other, again.

It was not intended to make Europe a united economy.

9. Cakedog345

Cakedog345

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Greek situation is the result of internal and external political games!
    It is a pity the youth of this country, which has a huge weight on his shoulders and is not prepared to support it.
    And someone here said something like "annexation of Greece to Turkey" (if I understood well) - I believe that this statement shows a lack of respect for the people of this country (who are going through very difficult situation and who struggle in each day to sustain the existence of their children and their elders).
    It's easy to talk about the mistakes they made ​​and what was supposed to do - to not be here.
    It`s too late! We can not turn back time, it is past!
    Now if we can suggest solutions to them - for what they could do from now and in the future!
    (I mean - humanly possible solutions - solutions that do not kneel and humiliate them as human beings.)

10. EloTheMan

EloTheMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even if we came up with a viable solution that will work with both the economy and the social part it won't get through due to the fact that Greece is now so irritated with external political help.

The solution must be presented directly in their parliamentary by one of their politicians otherwise it will be another mass demonstration in Athene.

11. Cakedog345

Cakedog345

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I know that!
    Not glimpsed the light at the end the tunnel! It will be a long way!
    They need more than ever - do not lose hope.

12. EloTheMan

EloTheMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    ½ Offtopic
    I just read an article in a swedish newspaper about how Poland wanting Germany to save Europe from collapse.

Ironic isn't it? :(

13. Cakedog345

Cakedog345

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Indeed!

14. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do people actually still believe those childish myths? That's the kind of crap that 13 year olds spread around because they liked making a mockery of other people's military failures.

Oh yes, Italian tanks had more gears in reverse than forwards, France has had no military victories. *Rolls eyes*

15. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Again where's your evidence. Italy had many millitary victories but back in the Roman times. Allthough equally the "Barbarians" the celtic empire had equally as many victories after and before and during the Emperor period.

But hey again if your not gonna back up your bold statements i guess there is no point in even arguing.

Sigh....

Also France actually has the best history win to loss ratio. It has the highest wins to losses in Europe, and some of the greatest victories. It also had a hella lot of wars.

For example in WW1 Britain invented the Tank it was slow at first and was pretty suicidal but it did its job.

By 1918 France and released there own tank which was alot better faster and more mobile like tanks are meant to be.

But hey i guess you believe the stereotypes that all Brits hate the French in ignorance. Herp Derp. And even if we did that means nothing to history

Italy in WW1 and WW2 was nothing just face it. I guess maybe your probably Itallian, but sorry for the truth.

16. EloTheMan

EloTheMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Destroyer25 stop arguing with Brambleclaw, he has more knowledge and apparently he is better at finding facts on the internet.

This thread is about Greece economy and anything related to it.

17. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still why doesn't greece just do it the Weinmar way and enter a new currency by giving out only $20 or whatever symbol they will use for that currency to each person in the country. During in the transition phase up to a certain date only stamped currency is legal tender after which only the new currency is viable.
    The germans did it with the deutschmark or something like that in the Weinmar republic.

Alternatively Greece could just actually consider making "Cuts" Then holding its debts and start looking for a investment loan to restart up industry. Like what happened in the Weinmar republic and after WW2 in Western Germany. "although without the wallstreet crash inbetween.

The difficulty will be getting interest for investors though :L. So some plans would have to be organized very well. Also Greece would either need to expand the markets it has or make new markets. Which will be difficult in the current economical climate. But this is a viable option in the long term after the massive crash
    Either way i think the Euro is gonna collapse.

18. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually I'm Canadian, and if you're aware that all the jokes about the French military are fallacies then you should know the same about the Italian military.

See these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_participation_in_the_Eastern_Front

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_El_Alamein

Transitioning to a new currency is neither simple or bloodless, and Greek politicians are economically illiterate. It's a difficult thing to do, so we can't just say why don't they do this?

And giving every person in Greece $20 would cost $220 million, money they don't have, nor would giving everyone $20 even solve anything. $20 is nothing, it will buy them breakfast.

The people are against austerity, there's not much than can be done about it.

Nobody is investing in Europe right now. Who would have any confidence in the ability of those Social Democratic idiots to fix the problem? So yes, I agree, the EU will collapse. They're finished.

19. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Derp
    Firstly Russia in WW2 Had the worlds largest and worlds Worst army. Stalin killed of all his Generals and Good officers. Hence when Russia attacked Finland it got trashed. And hence why Germany just picked of its army in a few months. And beaten back only by the weather and the people of Moscow who valiantly all left there homes and set up defenses.

2ndly you pointed out 2 campaigns niether which were of any victory. Just saying they fought in the war doesn't actually mean they made an effect at all. My country might join a war and have 50 of our soldiers die for everyone of ours. Its not feasible. Its like when China sent soldiers in the korean war to defend North korea. At the river. 800,000 Chinese deaths and only 20,000 American deaths about 40,000 South korean deaths.

So yeh not really valid.

Also may i quote

Quotes+Stuff

Emphasis on this part The disaster in Russia was a fierce blow to the power and popularity of the dictator. Both sank as the gloomy news soon reached the public in Italy. Survivors blamed the Fascist political elite and the army generals. The survivors said they both had acted irresponsibly by sending a poorly prepared, ill-equipped, and inadequately armed military force to the Russian Front. According to veterans, weapons in Italian service were awful: hand grenades rarely went off and rifles and machine guns had to be kept for a long time on a fire to work properly in extreme climatic conditions, thus often not capable of firing in the midst of battle.

So yeh the Generals were shocking . Soldiers ill equipped with faulty weapons. And pretty much useless. Even the Germans were using Itallians as the cannon fodder.

So Yeh your first link is a bad example.

Here is a Quote about Italy's Airforce in WW2. When skies were key.

Also from your 2nd link

Sorry but seriously are you trying to look stupid or am i missing your point here?. Your saying that the Jokes about the Itallian army are facile and stupid. Then you link two major victories for the Allies and 2 disasters for Italy and the Axis?

Conclusion: Canadian Trolls need to l2n more history.

Also as Elotheman said this is about Greece not WW2 so can we talk about this elsewhere if you still wanna continue. And if you are gonna continue then please research first.

20. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    800,000 chinese dead? Where did you get these numbers?