1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Greek Crisis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by UchihaSasuke.gr, Oct 5, 2011.

1. EloTheMan

EloTheMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    What are the chances of an invasion from Turkey? FN wouldn't allow it so they would get NATO up their asses before they have even entered Greece territory

Small or not, they have a strong economy that can keep up with the Euro. At least last time I checked :eek:

UchihaSasuke.gr is from Greece.

2. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Greece and Turkey still have a very tense relationship. Neither countries are going to rely on NATO to ensure that conflict won't break out. Both of them are always sending fighters into each other's airspace.

3. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So I've completed a university degree in EU studies and basically the whole subject is brainwashing you that EU is a good thing, however I have my personal opinion away from any program or agenda or conversion, call it as you like.

And my opinion matches with what I studied - that EU is a good thing but it is different from European Monetary Union which has its pros and cons.. however I do not think EMU is such a good idea and it is != EU that allows you for example to travel freely as an EU citizen plus other electing etc benefits.

The invention of euro is also not a bad thing but I'm not sure the mandatory membership in EMU if you match the Maastricht criteria is good, well.. so far it doesn't seem so.

Greece, now Italy, Spain and Portugal also have problems, and Ireland, The EU will live and the EMU will live, politicans will just change things to make it live.. so no worries about it, it will be got over with eventually.. It's not the end of the world, and im not being optimistic. I just feel indifferent about EU and all we've been taught.

4. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's no doubt that the EU has benefits. But whether they have benefits or not is irrelevant, what matters is whether those benefits outweigh the consequences. Economically, there are just consequences. The economic benefits are very few. Economically the Eurozone only makes sense if it is comprised of strong economies of similar GDP. IMO Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, Poland and the Netherlands should be the only countries part of the economic union. You should need at least 500 000 Million GDP PPP to be apart of it.

Had the Eurozone been organized like that from day one there wouldn't be a huge issue right now, as you wouldn't have all these small countries dragging the EU down. Obviously the aforementioned countries would still be in big trouble due to their moronic Social Democratic socioeconomic policies, but they wouldn't be in as much trouble.

5. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'd have to agree here. Invite some other South-East European countries and see what happens, this union aint gonna live long xD Indeed it would be more stable with only economically better countries but see Italy is one of the founders and no one expected them to go into the same. If this crisis continues, the 'leaving the EU' may not sound that impossible for countries.

I am personally against Turkey in EU, not because I've against them (MUCH) except I dislike Turkish citizens registering as if living here to just vote for Turkish oriented parties when this is illegal to vote like that) but because it starts losing the feel of 'European countries'. However, Turkey would have more stable economy than some other countries currently. Seems they can even handle an earthquake by themselves, not asking for help explicitly. If something happened here in my country, oh gawd, the damage would be unfixable.

And when some guy said we're Russia's property, no we are not. We are US property. We are turning into a US base close to Russia *cough looks to me like Cold War 2 cough*, I dont mind it as im pro-American oriented, as long as this doesn't have negative effect. Problem is now with a plan of American Corp to put some gas pipes beneath the earth geologists here are saying may cause '(small?/big?) earthquakes' which is why I'm saying if it happened here.

Fck this planet, take it over, if anyone's outside it, im getting out of it.

6. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even Germany is in trouble, and they are the strongest economy in the EU.

Personally I don't know why they would want to be part of a huge failure like the EU. I'm worried about Turkey becoming more radicalized though. There are too many evil Islamists in positions of power. We need to ensure Turkey stays secular and liberalized. Deport all the Islamists to Saudi Barbaria if they want to live in the stone age.

Russia would very much like to own Europe. Putin and Medvedev arr trying to take it over with political maneuvering and economic warfare. Europe really isn't USA's property either though. Many Europeans are very anti American, yet the QQ like bitches when Russia starts getting belligerent. I really hate Europeans that talk shit about USA. USA saved their asses from Nazis, Fascism and Communism and they single handedly rebuilt Europe with the Marshall Plan. Europeans are forever in debt to USA IMO.

It does look like a second Cold War though. All of Russia's leaders still have that mentality. They have a mountain of domestic issues at home and they are busy plotting the economic subjugation of Europe. USA puts up some missile shields, completely defense in nature and the USSR loses their shit. They act as if it's a threat to them when the ABMs are hardly going to neutralize the effectiveness of Russia's ICBMs, IRBMs and MRBMs.

I suspect you're referring to the recent discussion on Europe's potential shale-gas industry. I recently heard about this, there was an article on it in The Economist.

Here's the same article online.

Shale gas

Frack on

People should worry less about fracking, and more about carbon

Nov 26th 2011 | from the print edition

http://www.economist.com/node/21540275

Now I haven't heard about any American companies that are planning on opening operations in Europe. This sounds dubious to me as Europeans are much more concerned about the environment, even though the claim that this is inherently dangerous is completely fallacious. So keeping that in mind I hope European leaders will ignore the idiotic QQing from the Enviromarxists, and develop this industry.

In tough times like this, the environment doesn't matter, plain and simple. It just doesn't. Millions of people are unemployed, debts are soaring, and we're debating over some f***ing trees? It's insanity. Is Europe seriously considering passing up an opportunity to create a whole new industry, that would span the entire continent, create tens of thousands of jobs, bring billions in economic activity and most importantly, both eliminate their dependency on Russian gas, and lower the global cost of gas, thus hurting the Russian economy?

This is win, win, win, win, win. It will rejuvenate the dieing European economy and give a blow to Russia's, significantly shifting the geopolitical situation in Europe and the world. I just pointed out that Russia is trying to make Europe their bitch via economic warfare. Russia can literally destroy Europe by turning off the gas pipeline in the winter, now Europe can strengthen their economy and get back at Russia for their sinister efforts.

Europe can't make the same mistake Obama is. He's destroying the US economy by blocking attempts to build oil pipelines from Canada to the Gulf Coast refineries, and investing hundreds of millions in failing green energy companies. They gave $528 million to a failing company, Solyndra, and it still went bankrupt. It's criminal.

7. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes but Soviets finished half the job during WW2... I'm not going to argue who did more but Russia did at least half of it. USA has this strategy to make the wars always away from home, so that makes them economically strong that's why they are the creditor for decades. Although things are not getting good there either, lately. Also I will disagree if someone thinks that every war USA gets involved with is justified... though this is not my concern.

Also I don't rely very much on politically manipulated articles, there is always 'behind the curtain' for everything. Yes, the shale gas system, afair it was offered here by an American company, that doesn't matter who offers it, my point is, there could be some ecological consequences. Debts are soaring cause when all the money of the US are going to BLACK PROJECTS/grey economy of any kind and WARS they will be... and some American citizens will tell you the same

The CO2 pollution I think is a little bit exaggerated, it is hardly the main reason for holes in the ozone as most of it is a natural changing process of the Earth, even if they have some contribution. While so, I care about this planet's future as a planet, so I do not agree with the *fck trees industrialize all*

If not the trees our lives would be shortened with years, cause you don't see what's going on inside your body, trees are filter to all the pollutants and I'm strongly against deforestation and building hotels and shit while 'eating' frm the mountain's forests for example...

This with the gas, it is better than depending on Russia but caring less about environment is just wrong. Exactly the attude of 'make economy, care less about environment' makes me think some huge natural disaster really needs to happen to make people give a care about this planet... yes unemployment is big, not because you need to destroy nature to get work places, you need to replace those who make the situation so, on the high political positions. But it is human nature, one will always do dirty things to get money out of it, so no matter who is placed there, situation won't change.

8. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    All that matters is that the allies would not have won without USA. That doesn't mean that Germany will necessarily win. Best case scenario for them is the crush the USSR by 1944, worst case scenario there's a stalemate on the East Front around the same time.

Are you insulting the Economist? Their concern is whether something makes economic sense, not whether it fits with anyone's political agendas.

Yes and tomorrow you could be shot by a crazy serial killer. Doesn't mean that it's probable. There is very little hard evidence that proves that it's inherently dangeous, and even if it was. I could care less. Jobs are more important than trees. What's the point of parks if nobody is around to enjoy them because we've all starved to death because our politicians don't care about the economy?

USA is actually reducing the defense budget, and US tax dollars are actually going to failing Green Energy companies, as I just pointed out.

I don't agree with destroying the environment either, but the economy is inherently more important and always will be. Enviromarxists are destroying the global economy.

People do care about the planet, the issue is people just see hordes of Enviromarxists destroying our economy because they think trees are more important. We definitely need to protect the environment, but it shouldn't prevent economic development. Especially when most of the things we are proposing aren't even that dangerous, the Enviromarxists just like to pretend it is.

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes even The Economist could be sharing a political view or interest, even it can be dictated what to write. Same as history - history is written in terms of the ruling party, the way brainwashing population with it appeals to them (example: not mention the murders done during communist period, presenting only the good side of communism during those times before '89). I'm not trusting any media when it comes to 'how good/important' something is, it's all a bag of money there, pay X to write article Z

Cutting down some trees won't provide jobs lol, it will however, reduce the clean air that you forget..is green squares that make you breathe a little cleaner air. What needs a change is the system or the politicians. I don't know why you think expanding on behalf of nature would solve people's problems, if someone has interest to keep the system like that, it wont change, cause it always comes down to the ruling class.

Sorry for OT but any can continue with the thread topic. Just saying..

10. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Obviously there is an inherent bias with media. Although most would probably agree that Al Jazeera and the Economist are extremely unbiased. You can't just ignore media because of that though. They provide a valuable service in our world. While even Western media may be biased, intelligent people have the capability to dissect that bias. So their bias really isn't that big of a problem.

Actually it does, there's a huge industry surrounding it, logging. Without it, you would not have a house, or desk, or a chair. That's beside the point though. My argument was that the fact that a few trees might need to cut down to make way for a pipeline, or the development of Europe's gas industry should not be a barricade to these economic activities. That kind of mentality will bring us into a second recession and destroy the global economy.

11. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Germany 1923-1933
    Weinmal republic.

Stressman changed currency, via making all money in the country null and void, while handing 20<Currencyname> To each person. During in the period of transition NOtes stamped by the banks were legal tender till the end of the transition period

The Euro was a joke. Also italy is cannot be compared to France or German
    Germany>France>Italy in industry. Germany should have kept its own currency, it is the currently the powerhouse of the Euro. Without Germany, France and Italy and Greece etc would have a worthless currency.

With that said, the Germans probably feel like the British, but while stuck inbetween a rock and a hard place. British feelings are "Why are we bailing out countries that won't effect us" Because if anything happens bad to there economies the Euro drops we get cheap imports and make ourselves rich.

While Germany is more of "Why are we bailing out the whole of Europe, other countries should contribute too. This is mixed with regret of joining the Euro.
    The followers of the Euro will be thinking what they can do to fix this and why it happened.

Why it happened is simply because the EU was never meant to be ran as a government. It was mean't to be a free market and only a free market. Pretty much Maragret Thatcher's Idea of the European Union. However Thatchter was an extreme capitalist. However the words are true

Also to the comment about The Allies not winning without the USA involement.

WTF? Are you on about. Derp Hitler offered a peace treaty with Britain twice. First before the war. Secondly after we had one of the biggest failures in history at Dunkirk. I mean come on he gave us a leniant peace treaty which meant we kept ourselves as ourselves. All he asked was for peace and nothing in return. Jesus hitler was that confident that he relaxed production in the Czechslovakian factories. And you say we would of lost without the USA pfft.

Not to mention if the USA wasn't selling german and britain weapons in WW1 that USA would not be an economic power. Nor would it have any effect.

America has and allways will make its money from getting two nations to fight each other. Sell them weapons. Then coming in clearing up the mess and taking the spoils.

Britain Vs Germany. WW1 Britain and Germany owe billions to america. Usa steps in takes information and tech from germany. Then later when Germany can't pay its bills in reparation. USA asks Britain to cut the reperation bill. Britain replies that it will only if the USA cut the Debt they owe them. USA don't cut the Debt. Britain can't in any financial sense cut its reperation bill on germany. Germany turns to Stresseman after multiple fights and 4-5 years of anarachy. After this the economy picks up again. And America invests heavilly in German industry.
    1929 Wall street crash.
    America asks for its loan back and pronto. (Most of the prominant bankers in America at the time were Jewish, and that was the time of the Honest bankers)

Hitler comes around in 1930+ Pointing out that America has caused the huge debt because they gave loans then asked repayment suddenly. When that was not was originally intended. He points out American Bankers were Jewish. So in a simple irrational step all the problems were by the Bankers. The bankers were jews So Jews are to blame.

So not only has the USA engineered the Downfall of the Weihnmar Republic and Rise of hitler. But they also managed to implement simple irrational justification in germany for mass murder of the jews and holocausts. Most people who at the start when jews were in concentration camps. Saw it as what the Americans or British did so accepted it.

So what happens. Hitler takes power. He sits around a few years offers britain alliance. And begins rearmament. The german army walks into Europe. Britain in no condition to fight and feeling guilty for the reparations and restrictive Dictat of a treaty. Which was actually caused by the French President who wanted such extreme measures. Since loyd george was pragmatic. Anyway so yeh that happens
    And guess what Hitler invades poland. 6 years of war follow where only 2 years included the Americans. And 4 years America finacially supported Britain in loans.

Hey look America is instead of intervening like they should first spending 4 years to make huge profits of the current Worlds strongest empire.
    Cool so that fair and just.

So Britain from two world wars goes from Economic power state to nothing. And who's to blame.

Now lets read back and think.
    All these problems stemmed from Overcaptalist and greedy Americans who want to fill their pockets. To fill these pockets they fed wars caused by misunderstandings with weapons and hatred. So millions died. So america could get rich ?

Not to mention Japan and Germany after WW2 Lost billions of Pounds/Dollars (W/e u wanna call it) in State secrets.

One for example German scientists. Such scientists pioneered alot of the "American Discoveries" and Feets of engineering. Like Germany scientists worked on the A-Bomb and the Spaceships :L.

And now in 2011 they are still doing this on countries like Israel and Palastine and gaining oil. But hey the world lets America stomp around controlling everyone.

Thank god that sensible countries like Pakistan are getting nukes so they can protect themselves. Pakistan and China hit America with the Ultimatum when America was gonna fuel India with weapons to attack the Pakistani's.

Again another example how the US plays of others. But if they do it will cause WW3/ So we can wait and see what they will do. Do they care now that this time their throats are on the line instead of Alien countries miles away from them?

it seems so.

On a side note after Hitler failed and winter ensued in Russia, Russia if regrouped had a high chance of pushing them back and causing a scene like in WW1. Where Germany gets sandwiched and eventually dies

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  12. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hardly. If the Eurozone collapses then Britain's export economy will be crippled. Not to mention the hundreds of billions of dollars British banks have invested in Europe.

The EU was intended to be Free Market Capitalist? Jesus Christ, they sure as hell failed pretty badly then. Europe is hardcore Social Democratic-Socialist, almost the complete opposite of Free Market Capitalism.

Hitler offered a peace treaty to Britain before they were even at war? *Scratches head*

And since when is Dunkirk a failure? Dunkirk was an enormous success. They saved over 7x as many men as they thought they would.

What are you on? USA was trading with the UK plenty during WW1, and it was WW1 that made USA the dominant economic power in the world.

BULL SHIT. USA did not sell weapons to both sides during WWI or WWII. They traded with both before hand, but not during. When has the US government ever sold weapons to 2 countries, told them to fight, and then invade them both and take the spoils? When has that ever happened?

This sounds like BS Nazi Propaganda.

How the debt circle was actually working was USA was lending Germany money, to pay it's reparation payments to the allies who were then paying USA back.

And you believe that?

Bullshit. USA did not purposely do that to Germany. It may have been a bi product but it wasn't their fault.

I should remind you that if Neville Chamberlain and the British people not been such peace loving idealists, and instead blockaded Germany when they started violating the terms of the Treaty of Versailles, Hitler would have been stopped. The British army may have been in bad shape but the Royal Navy alone could have ended Germany by blockading them in 1936.

And USA was in WW2 for nearly 4 years, and had been giving Britain financial support since Day 1. You really need to learn your history better. Without Lend Lease Britain would have been unable to achieve jack shit in WWII.

Actually USA spent the first 2 years giving Britain plenty of Economic aid but not intervening militarily because the US people had no desire to get involved in a war that had nothing to do with them. Was it USA's job to police the world? No.

Yet now that they try and do so everyone bitches at them. But whenever a conflict arises or the UN needs someone with a real military to help with a peacekeeping mission they look to USA. It's hypocrisy to the max.

Britain really.

In WWI they could have gotten better generals to win the war faster, thus reducing the economic toll.

In WWII they could have blockaded Germany before it even started, thus preventing the conflict.

BS BS BS AND MORE BS. Take your propaganda elsewhere.

They tried to conquer the free world, and we're complaining about how the allied powers, including the UK and the USSR, made use of German and Japanese scientists and their work?

The A-Bomb was worked on by a lot of other people, not Nazis.

USA doesn't tell Israel what to do. Israel does as it pleases. Nor is America invading people for oil. That's a fallacy spread by the left. Iraq was just Bush being given shitty intelligence and him wanting to prove he could do a better job than daddy. USA gets most of their oil from Canada, and if it weren't for Obama they could be getting 100% of it from us.

Pakistan and China are sensible? Oh my god... Who is teaching you this propaganda?

Yeah ok, sure.

Russia lost in WW1 lol.

13. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Britain's export economy. You mad? Britain is a service country not an industrial one. It will affect us slightly but thats it. And also since we're an import country instead of export. It will give us cheaper imports which make up for the loss of exports. This will simply balance out ^^. And we already have our own oil. So meh? what could we need to export Herp derp.
    Russia didn't loose WW1 it went into an internal Red revolution half way through and had to give germany land for peace.

Before you reply maybe do a google search or find a book which contains the History of Germany and Britain and USA through 1914-1950

When i see your username and posts "Historical Expert" does not come to mind

14. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hah.. you even made a thread for this..
    It is sux and we all know it.

15. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The topics of wars aren't much of my interest but I have to wake you up on some things:
    Indeed self-proclamation as 'History Expert' doesn't make you one, though I'm not one either, other than I can think beyond the surface of information and propaganda presented by the media suck as the fucking Piece of Shit Propaganda called The Economist

The reason why we need to care about evironment is because it is our place to live, and dislike taking this as granted. Do we really need a cataclysm to make some people with such thinking wake up??

Economy, screw economy, it is nothing without ENVIRONMENT, nothing. Have an earthquake, now do you enjoy work places? Economy won't exist without a care for environment. This is not some Socialist/Communist/Marxist theory it is simply science, though I see you are the other radical right wing and obviously a hater of Left Wing. Well I dislike any parties both right and left, I just don't take things from political view.

How from too much economy can actually make things worse: You make an oil platform in the ocean, you create work places, something happens, oil spills in the ocean, it kills animals, life that we should not kill just like that, the ocean becomes unsitable for tourism say the dirt aka oil reaches the beach, for anything basically it's not good to go in that area.

Pollution and health - you create work places with industry, ok, who cares that you have a work places when you breath lethal gases and get a cancer or smth because of that?

I can give a bunch of examples where industry has destroyed balance in nature and hasn't led to anything good. Humans are the real parasites here and some who think they should live on behalf of what they are given, should be the first GONE. Very quickly you have forgotten that your life is not granted, you are expected to respect this planet and nature, maybe if you got in circumstances where you really depending on it, you would forget about work places and your economy. I call this the thinking of capitalist PIG and I am not sharing marxism or socialism either.

Also about the US:
    Most of the things they do like the places they interve are no good and they have economy wars, including weapon supplying, forget WW2 there are enough examples after WW2. And P.S 9/11 was not entirely a terrorist attack, an inside job too. Blame your government. Not a conspiracy.

I hate patriots of any country who insist on how good they are when the facts will blind them with their obviousness they are NOT.

16. Destroyer25

Destroyer25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok I'm done here...

You kids really need to get a proper education. Come talk to me when you're ready to accept you have no idea what you're talking about.

17. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh I'm sorry Mr self-proclaimed 'expert', I'm probably older than you. I know US has the real capitalism but like it goes for everything - too much of something is harmful. It is OK to be thinking of ways to earn money but when it comes to trying to have a way to earn even while walking, sleeping, breathing, it's getting a little bit greedy and too materalistic dont you think? Going over the edge about it is what annoys me.

I'd never approve of industry that makes the air harmful for people living around just to get some work places.. and those people who are on the same position are not with childish thinking, they just give a shit rather than will person X have a job!

Be competitive get a job, be not - your prob!

Also US has shown to be doing lots of things and wars for pure economic purposes, there are enough experts there, real ones to tell you that. It is just not my concern to talk about or be interested in their exopolitics when I am not them, or theirs. I like the US, im not a US hater, so I stay neutral to their actions.

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The UK might be in troube if it lest the eurozone colapse as it might cause investors to lose confidence in the UK. Once that happens the UK would lose its credit rating and start going a simlar way as Greece.

I favour the "repo man" pollicy. If you can no longer aford your debt as a country, your country should be sold off (asset stripped) to other countries in exchange for writing off the debt. This would make countries think twice before borrowing so much money.

As a UK citizen I will express my opinion of outrage that we have had to bail out so many contries with our money. That money could have gone to improving the people here instead and restoring the UK to its past glory.

19. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I see my professor on our national TV giving opinion lately and I'm also thinking the European Monetary Union will not collapse but it will go through reforms to survive. What im starting to think, was studying EU studies really worth it, bla bla-ing me for years about the advantages of EMU and getting even examined on it if it would not survive..

20. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Destroyer25 The only education you need is multiple sources of knowledge and evaluation of such sources. Thus gaining an overall fair but half oppinianted view instead of following propoganda.

Eimtr i understand what your saying and agree but you conveyed a bit oddly. Maybe better to say Economy is simply a basis of the globalised trade of produce. Produce comes from the enviroment so do resources. So everything depends on this world, the economy is simple the ecommerce spreading out and trade of this produce.

Money is only worth as much as a person thinks it is worth. This is why currency changes depending the usage values and economic situations and confidence in such systems.

Dr Super Good sorry to be a gramma nazi "let" not lest XD
    The uk is bailing out other countries for no reason. I agree that we should just let the losses lie and make them learn for their mistakes. A bit like what America did with the Lehman's brothers.

Anyway yeh its pointless. The Repo man is a nice idelogy, but it will never be implemented as it is totally right wing. I doubt anyone would be too pleased if we started selling the Queen's Crown or any national treasuers too soon.

On other points.

The UK would not become like Greece. Confidence can be assured in Cameron who has turned us from the Labour Red to the Captalist Black. Unlike Margaret thatcher who sold everything we needed like Utillities. Cameron has instead of selling crap which gives a short inject and a bad long run approach. He has cut prices causing a decrease is loss and increase in gain. Also the Loans and bails actually have started returning some profit. And will later on hopefully continue to arise.
    The more recent ones have not. xD
    Also the Teachers are fucked up in the head. The average teacher wage is £37,000
    The Pension of that is £22,000
    The average pRivate sector wage is £18,000
    So yeh teacher's have it well of. Labour went mad with benefits and crap. We should just gone like Sweden and Norway stock piled the money then use it when needed. "Rainy days" Why sweden is still increasing in the black and hardly ever went red. Singular country currency + Large stock pile =Good Confidence=Good economy=way to go

Btw the reason why America is so fucked up is that like in the Roman republic before Emperors it is run on money and bribes. Those who have wealth are those who run america