1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Great Conflict 1.7

Submitted by MStylo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]
Screenshots
Screenshots

I will upload more screenshots over time.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Trailer TGC 1.6
Trailer TGC 1.6

Info & Contact
If you have any suggestion or you have found a bug, let me know on emstylo@gmail.com
Join us on facebook - www.facebook.com/thegreatconflict/

Thanks to
Thanks to

Testers:
Mojo
Invictus
Georgey
EE$G

Hero and item ideas and inspirations:
The_Artful (Boots of Wisdom)
Haasva (Grease Carapace)
okrane (Vampiric Orb)
ZipFile (Orb of Modest Wishes)
Avenar (Wild Sasquatch)
summer-penguin (Unbroken Torrent)
NuclearCookie (Dalaran Anomaly)

Icons and models:
Lead thanks for Blizzard the team for their awesome game and stuff
PeeKay
Hellx-Magnus
viiva
Darkfang
dansaDisco
67chrome
Deon
OgeRfaCes
Golden-Drake
kola
pippo
Kimbo
INSEKT
CloudWolf
L_Lawliet
Anachron
Palaslayer
Redeemer59
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Volvox
and many others...

[​IMG]

Keywords:
The Great Conflict, TGC, Sunken Ruins, AoS, Hero Arena, Hero Defense, DotA
Contents

The Great Conflict 1.7 (Map)

Reviews
[IMG][c]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b[IMG][IMG] The Great Conflict by MStylo [IMG] RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 16/20 Total Score: 36/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2...
  1. [​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 1.4c
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Great Conflict
    by MStylo
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30
      Terrain & Aesthetics: 16/20
      Total Score: 36/50

• Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    The map's gameplay resembles DotA but it is not DotA. The map itself could easily be what any new mainstream MOBA game could have been. The layout is the same, but the heroes, items, creeps and abilities are totally different. In it's current state, the map is not considered a clone.

What's good about the gameplay of the map is that it's mostly polished. Tool tips for everything I've read are very informative and they are completely easy to understand. Out of the four heroes I've tried, all of the icons and abilities seem to be working properly. I can safely say that the abilities in this map are better than DotA's abilities, as they are more entertaining to use, more creative, and slightly better visually. The items and creeps don't have anything special within them, but they are acceptable the way that they are.

Knowing what to do isn't the strong point of the map. The quests log has barely information on how to play. The commands aren't explained at all. Overall, the gameplay can definitely use more features to separate it from DotA, but as a map in its self, it's above average.

20/30
    Terrain & Aesthetics:
    All over the map, tiles compliment each other and there is a good mix, great job using the sunken ruins tile set. The map wasn't flat, the cliffs were actually a superb choice and you've executed them well.

The map was decorated consistently, but there still can be more improvement in the doodad department. Place more near the cliffs in creep areas, as well in the two bastions.

16/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules followed, map approved.
    [​IMG] NOTES
    Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

2. perrosuper2

perrosuper2

Resources:
    Resources:
    A little advice, never make a web page for a new map. When the map have a bit of popularity, it's just expand the map for the Internet or all will be in vain.

It's time to test this AoS

3. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    An upgrade of DotA. It looks nice to me from the screenshots, gonna try it soon

4. Mech_Warrior

Mech_Warrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey MSTylo,

I'm quite impressed overall with the quality of this map. Having seen a lot of AoS/Moba genre games, I can say that this one has taken the #3 slot on Battle.net for me, as far as quality and enjoyment.

I will give an in depth review of the map later, but for now, I wanted to mention:

The main issue we were having is something to do with items becoming undroppable. I believe it has something to do with the system you use to make items undroppable when they are on cd. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but it's definitely something to look into. By the end of the game, 5/6 of my items couldn't be dropped; I had to use my circle to create the last 2 recipes.

Great game though, I played it publicly on ent hosting; I can give you the replay if you'd like to see how it turned out.

-Mech

5. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm i played it a lot times and i didn't notice that problem with items. You can send me that replay. It may help me :)

6. Mech_Warrior

Mech_Warrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  7. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great. Thank you for the replay. I can see also few more glitches. And i will try to fix that problem with droping items as soon as i can. It greatly ruined the game.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  8. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review

Post will be updated as I progress with the map.

Review

Abilities
    - I noticed a bug with the Zeal Assassin (E), it does not reflect any damage while I am facing creeps.
    - I suggest you not use transformations for these toggled buffs, it creates some order bugs.

Aestethics
    - The walk/run speed of the creeps is too high, the animation feels wonky.
    - The Zeal Assassin ultimate is cool, though it could use a slow to help the AS bonus.
    - Nice! The abilities have interactive gameplay. This is what I hate about DotA, its passives are... passives. LoL at least improved on it by having many active abilities - almost no learnable spells are passives.
    - Why does the NPC player trigger first bloods?

Terrain
    - Terrain is nice, but on top of the tile variation, it could use additional doodads. Don't spam them though.

These are just suggestions, you can choose not to do them.

9. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In fact i discovered that reflecting problem before. It doesn't reflect only lane ranged creeps. Melee, neurals, any others works. I don't understand why only they doesn't work.

He doesn't need slowing effects. While having good attack speed, his first skill becomes much more powerful than slow.

I was thinking if make fb work also for NPCs. Just made first blood to be always first :D But maybe i will remove it.

Regarding to that terrain, you though to add there new fitting tiles?

10. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, I was asking for more doodad$ for bling.

I only noticed it on the ranged creep too, it is hard to test with the melee ones.

If you could put AI that would be a plus!

11. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for review. I will think about AIs later. Now i'm still seeking for possible bugs and maybe creating new hero and enhancing gameplay.

What are u using to play Warcraft 3 LAN? I want to expand map somewhere but i don't know where.

12. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't play Warcraft LAN. ;_;

13. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why is this not aos

14. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Changed

15. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty disappointed on how every basic thing of the map is lifted from DotA. It is far too similar to it. Same terrain style, same gameplay, same 3 lanes and position of towers. Only Roshan is missing here to be a perfect duplicate of DotA. The map itself, however, is good. It just concerned me to find the map totally unoriginal.
    Now, excluding the originality, the abilities' descriptions are full of grammar mistakes. Sometimes I didn't even understand what some abilities did. I could accept some grammar mistakes but if they involve all the abilties, heroes' descriptions and items' descriptions, it becomes a grave issue.
    Well, because the map is much similar to DotA and there are too many grammar mistakes, I can give it maximum 2.5/5. Still, the heroes and items seem good and that's the only reason that I'm not going to vote for rejection. Still, I would like you to fix all those mistakes. Contact someone who has a good knowledge of English and ask him to fix them. For now, I AWAIT UPDATE!

16. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The same with HoN, LoL, and other MOBAs. I think the developers of such games love how DotA's game mechanics went but hated how broken each hero is.

17. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I made map terrain similar as is in DotA to make it easier and better known. I'm planning to do some changes to make it more different soon but i firstly i was seeking for more fatal bugs.

Yes my english is not very good. I will ask my friends for help with. I was working on this map too long to let it be. Thanks

18. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Review finished, I used this as the moderator comment.

[​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 1.4c
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Great Conflict
    by MStylo
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Gameplay: 20/30
      Terrain & Aesthetics: 16/20
      Total Score: 36/50

• 5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    The map's gameplay resembles DotA but it is not DotA. The map itself could easily be what any new mainstream MOBA game could have been. The layout is the same, but the heroes, items, creeps and abilities are totally different. In it's current state, the map is not considered a clone.

What's good about the gameplay of the map is that it's mostly polished. Tool tips for everything I've read are very informative and they are completely easy to understand. Out of the four heroes I've tried, all of the icons and abilities seem to be working properly. I can safely say that the abilities in this map are better than DotA's abilities, as they are more entertaining to use, more creative, and slightly better visually. The items and creeps don't have anything special within them, but they are acceptable the way that they are.

Knowing what to do isn't the strong point of the map. The quests log has barely information on how to play. The commands aren't explained at all. Overall, the gameplay can definitely use more features to separate it from DotA, but as a map in its self, it's above average.

20/30
    Terrain & Aesthetics:
    All over the map, tiles compliment each other and there is a good mix, great job using the sunken ruins tile set. The map wasn't flat, the cliffs were actually a superb choice and you've executed them well.

The map was decorated consistently, but there still can be more improvement in the doodad department. Place more near the cliffs in creep areas, as well in the two bastions.

16/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules followed, map approved.
    [​IMG] NOTES
    Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  19. Fang

Fang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a "GREAT" map. "GREAT" work! :D