1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Grand Review Exchange!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Rufus, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ulfsire

Ulfsire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, will use and credit!

2. All_Time_Pro

All_Time_Pro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Champions of Old
    Fight against the foul Orcs And Trolls and their hideous monsters who want to destroy order in the world in an arena-style gameplay. You have 5 heroes from the past to choose from that can use their powers to fight together and defeat their enemies. Upgrade your heroes with tomes and items and make your hero as skilled as possible.

Maze of Shortness #2
    The towns folk have become infected and are now undead. Get to the bottom of this plague and find out who is the mastermind of this contagious disease. This is a maze so stepping of the path will kill you as well.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi!
    Please leave a short description of each map, and I'll add them to the list. Check how others ahve done it for inspiration.

Good luck! :)

EDIT: Added to the list! Welcome. :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  4. Juliano

Juliano

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tempest ORPG
    Tempest is an expanding and work in progress open roleplaying game type of map. While most of it's core systems are finished, there is still a lot of solid content to be added in, which makes it prone to frequent updates with new areas, quests and features!
    Pick a hero class and make your way through the realms of Tempest, fighting creatures, adventuring in quests and getting stronger, or -load a previously saved character and engage in more challenging endeavors, doing so in single player, or online in jolly cooperation.

5. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd like to add my latest project to this list.
    It's still evolving, but it's at a pretty solid point right now:
    Northrend Bound v1.54

Northrend Bound is more of a strategy/RPG map with Life of a Peasant elements. You start with next to nothing and build your way up to a kingdom. Or, you can choose to forsake base building and focus mostly on your hero.
    The objective of the game is to become the one true king by either defeating the Townsfolk's enemies, conquering all other players and/or towns, or simply through gained resources with an (optional) economic victory.
    Can be played in single player with AI, co-op, or against other players.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  6. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry Juliano for not adding you earlier! I saw the post but couldn't do it the moment, and then I forgot. :/
    Added now anyway! :)

Added Wark's project to the list aswell!

Here's a suggestion for both of, aswell to everyone that have added their project to the list so far: Go for a shorter description.
    People are just quickly looking through the list, and if you have a preview picture that looks interesting enough, they might not feel like reading a chunk of text. It is more attractive to summarize the game in 1-3 sentaces; the interested ones will read your project description anyway.

7. Thendar

Thendar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll also give it a try, here we go

Fort in Lorderon
    Its a 1 player survival in which you have to defend yourself against the undead (original content inc.)
    It seems a bit like a TD, you are able to shoot out of a turret and hire soliders, archers and so on.
    Might seem a bit linear but its a short load of fun, atleast for my standarts :3

8. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added to the list. :)

I'd suggest you add a proper preview picture and fix the broken screenshots in the description. It might become more attractive for people to download then.
    Also, you might have disabled private messaging to you, so I linked your profile page as a mean of contact instead. :)

9. Atirak

Atirak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dominion Raid

Dominion Raid is a 5v5 AoS/MOBA Map (similar to DotA/LoL) with a 3 lane map. Same mechanics as an AoS map, players has to choose one hero from the tavern and the unique thing to do is you have to choose also some glyphs and spells in the picking phase which will improve your hero throughout the game and the main objective is of course destroy the enemy team's main base. The map also contains some objectives which provides bonuses to the allied team.

10. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added to the list! :)

11. Hoth

Hoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well a review on my latest project could be really usefull as I'm currently working on a new version ,with the 1.29 editor, which will be release in the following weeks. I don't se many "Map development" maps here but I'll give it a try.

Pillage

Pillage is a 1 player map where you control a horde of bandit on some kind of campaign map. The goal is to plunder as many villages/cities as possible to get prisoners and resources. The gameplay is shared between the management of your horde (building your camp, training unit,trading prisoners, fighting other horde chiefs..) and attacking villages (different kind of villages: village, castle, cities, war camp...).

12. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added. Sorry about the delay!
    Can you upload a 100x100 preview image aswell? I'm currently using your profile picture.

13. Hoth

Hoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah sure

Attached Files:

14. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great. Welcome. :)

15. georgo

georgo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello! I'd like to add my map to the list.

Kiro Defenders
    Hero defence map, playable solo and co-op, unique heroes, interesting mechanics, item crafting, achievements.

16. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added to the list. Welcome!

17. Jysco

Jysco

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, I'd like to also add this map I worked on to the list :

Jysco Isles
    - Derived from the Frozen Throne map Hurricane Isles.
    - Max hero level is 30. Added a 5th spell on heroes
    - More resources, more creep camps, neutral buildings, items, and a few triggers on big creep camps
    - If a hero type matches a legendary item, then the hero keeps the item forever.
    - Best for 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2

I'll take a map to review also

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  18. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi Jysco.
    You need to provide a short description in order to get the map added to the list. Look at the the other projects in the list, and provide a description of similiar length.

Also, if you want to review something, you need to choose a map from the list, and contact that user, asking them if they want to exchange a review.

Good luck! :)

19. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mind changing Deadlock [NE] to Night Empire
    ?