• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Defense of Dros Delnoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The Defense of Dros Delnoch

This is an castle defense map, just like Helms Deep, Battle for Minas Tirith etc.
One team play as the defenders of Dros Delnoch, while the other team play as the attacking Nadir.

The Nadir win by destroying the throne before the timer runs out.
The defenders of Dros Delnoch wins by holding the Nadir away from the throne until the timer runs out.

I haven't got so far in the map development. So I need help with the ideas etc. I have tried to test the map on Battle.net, but it's impossible to get player to join, so I need a better name.. Test the map and come with ideas. :D
It's attached to this post. I also need moore ideas for heroes, spells, and such things. The spells i'm using now, are wc3 original. Just post whatever you think about the map.

The map is protected, but you can open it, you just whon't see the triggers and such.

*Updated*

Attachments

• The Defense of Dros Delnoch v1.2(p).w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 6
Well what can I say, it needs more time to be worked on. Make up a story(board)... why is it called Dros Delnoch? (Because I've never heard about it) And why do they fight?

Characters? (If any)
*Type
*Spells
*Names

Terrain?
*It's way too plain - Add more models, doodads etc
*Doesn't look realistic
*Use the object editor more (Statues and fountains are kinda small compared to the castle)
*Use more tilesets
*How are the attackers meant to advance into the castle? Right now it's just a straight road leading to the end of the castle.

Warcraft 3 is already an ugly game so don't just rush through the terrain - It's very important.

Units, Machines?
*Attackers, Defenders
*Explosives?
*Catapults?

Status
Not open for further replies.