• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Death of Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
We all know Steve Jobs, the co-founder,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_jobs#cite_note-Markkula1997-4 chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple.Inc. died on October 5, 2011, at the age of 56 which is too young for someone to die. The cause of his death was pancreatic cancer which he endured for almost a decade. His illness was diagnosed during 2004.

R.I.P. to the man who brought change to the whole world.

Level 25
R.I.P. to the man who brought change to the whole world.
I'm going to quote something someone said on another forum:

I was so pissed when I read the articles in the newspapers about steve jobs death. Some years ago Karl Heinz Stockhausen died. You don't need to know him but he was one of the most important composer of the 20th century. He basically invented electronic music and tons of other music genres. His death was a sidenote in the newspapers, steve jobs 5 fucking pages.

I dont know what the rest here thinks but I think that jobs death does not deserve so much attention. He gets the same treatment as martin luther king, einstein, bach, beatles etc. and I think its an insult to those who actually changed something. Even a actress like audrey hepburn would deserve it more. She worked 30 years for UNICEF to help children in third world countries. What did jobs make? Fancy gadgets...

On the other hand people that are super popular while alive don't stay in the spotlight for a long time. Salieri (mozarts adversary) was way more popular than mozart. Today no one knows him. Bach's son was way more popular than bach and no one was interested in bach's music. Van Gogh ... yeah well you know what I mean.

Level 22
I'm going to quote something someone said on another forum:

I would agree with that post on another forum, he is not on the same list as people like Mozart, Einstein, Newton, Michael Jackson, etc etc but I dont think he is put on that list. And he deserves to be mentioned in the news, that doesn't put him on the same rank as those historical persons nor I think anyone is trying to make him that important.

But it is still recognized company by everyone, everyone knows Apple even though not everyone knew him, I didn't as I dont follow Apple and their productions for obvious reasons. So yes he deserved to be on the news, maybe that post was for someone who made a monument or smth, we have monuments of people we barely know so I think that is still fine.

Level 7
This thread deserves a Bill Gates motivational poster.

Seriously, though, I am sad to hear that. While I have to agree with the sentiments in the quote LordDz provided, I believe, thanks to his commercial genius, worldwide technological efficiency received quite a boost. I would have expected to hear more from him prior to his death, though. He passed away quite silently, in circumspect.

For some reason, and, please, not to be a dick or anything, but I couldn't help but to imagine the administration staff of Microsoft rick-rolling the admin staff of Apple now with a rick-roll link named 'Microsoft's Eulogy for Steve Jobs.' XD

Something like this?
when-apple-dies-windows-will-rule-supreme-bill-gates-bill-ga-demotivational-poster-1240329740[1].jpg

Level 22
I won't miss him. He's gotten too much publicity and fame for stuff that really wasn't amazing at all. The iPod, iPhone and iPad weren't unique or creative nor were they really that amazing. The Mac wasn't that good either. It's not something you'd use for gaming (which we all know is more important than anything else). If you make music or movies you could use the Mac, but Windows is just as capable to do the same, the problem is that the developers for some reason feel like making it for Mac only (although some are starting to see reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.