• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Cycle of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I don't know him personally. But it always pains me greatly when someone with such creative spark passes. And Grendel was such a person.
You could say that it's "only custom models and graphics for a game on the verge of being obsolete", but that's not the point. As pencil art is still considered art, and mastering it can still bring awe to people, what Grendel did is truly art.
I doubt I shall ever be able to do what he did, and for that I feel that a piece of the world has died with him, a piece of mine at the very least.

May he find peace and rest now. May his art endure.

Level 16
I remembered we always talked about eating lots of food and never gaining any weight.
i saw his picture, he really lost some pounds.

everytime we see each other on chat we always have pretty good laughs about every topic we knew.
from making spiders fight each other on a stick to almost everything we thought.
sadly i don't have screenies.

i don't really believe he committed suicide, maybe just an overdose of medicine to confront his depression.

i just heard the news today. I was actually looking forward to chat with him when i logged on today :(

We'll meet again sometime and will have lotsa lotsa chats about something!
to Sovngarde!

Farewell -Grendel/Ampharos_222/Lloyd Mercado

Level 51
Why did I see this only now. I'm so shocked.

I didn't talk often to him, only a few times, but I really enjoyed it.

His works were just so awesome, the drawings I saw on facebook from him were amazing. His creativity was beyond everything I've seen before. I'm just so... depressed right now.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Last edited:
Level 9
I personally did not know him but somebody passing away, that is something you do not see on the Hive everyday, especially such a good member. He seemed like a cool guys, very mature and gentle and now that I seen his works I am even more sad, such good skills just, gone.

R.I.P.

Level 9
What is there that can be said? Everything and nothing... All at the same time...

I'm struck with surprise and a deep feeling of loss, mourning and regret, but my own feelings can not compare to feelings of his friends, family and loved ones...

To know someone one so talented, so open to the thoughts and suggestions of others and so full of life, was in reality was so far down the back abyss as to see taking his own life as the only way out is a system shock the likes of which I can't begin to comprehend...

In closing all I can really say to my departed Hive Brother and fellow modeler is...

Május a szél csupasz Ön gyorsan a ősök, nyugodjék békében testvér, a szívem majd üvöltés hosszú komor felhívást, amikor a hold mellett emelkedik, elveszett, de soha elfelejteni ...

May the winds bare you swiftly to your ancestors, rest in peace brother, my heart will howl a long somber call for you when the moon next rises, lost but never forgotten...

In mourning for a friend,

Level 35
Május a szél csupasz Ön gyorsan a ősök, nyugodjék békében testvér, a szívem majd üvöltés hosszú komor felhívást, amikor a hold mellett emelkedik, elveszett, de soha elfelejteni ...

*Vigyen a szél lágyan az őseid közé, nyugodj békében testvér, a szívem egy hosszú, sötét hívást üvölt majd érted amikor a hold felkel, elvesztél, de soha nem felejtünk.

Didn't realize he was Hungarian.

Rest in peace.

Level 37
It seems like the forum has been long enough that people start to die. I can't recall topics like this before except Apheraz Lucent. It's almost like every now and then these kind of topics pop up. I can already imagining us saying good bye to each other more frequently in the future. One by one we will fall.

Rest in peace.

Level 16
It seems like the forum has been long enough that people start to die. I can't recall topics like this before except Apheraz Lucent. It's almost like every now and then these kind of topics pop up. I can already imagining us saying good bye to each other more frequently in the future. One by one we will fall.

Rest in peace.

Will we even have the chance to say goodbye to each other before we depart from this world? What if a deadly accident happens to me or you tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and there is nobody to tell the members here? Then we would just appear to have left the Hive for no reason at all. That would be very sad, wouldn't it?

Life is unpredictable after all.

Level 9
Didn't realize he was Hungarian.

Actually I'm of Hungarian decent, though I don't speak it at all, I like to use it when I can, in this case to mourn for the loss of someone I knew only a little about, but all the same considered a friend.

Rest in peace -Grendel, know we all mourn for you loss, and move forward in our own workings in Warcraft III in your memory...

Level 25
Get back to see what is happening on hive, discover two dear friends dead...
What a sad world we live in...

My condolences to anyone close to him, for what little time i knew him he was a nice guy and i am really sorry for your loss.
Because the world is indeed in loss as of your passing.

Rest in peace friend.

Level 13
Much to my regret I haven't logged on for about year now, and like Kingz; today I come back to say hi and catch up with some of my old friends on here. Only to find out one of my first and probably best friend on the hive passed away.

My heart aches as I write this. I can't even begin to describe how awesome this guy was, so I will just say this.

I will miss all the pointless arguments over the details in textures which started our friendship, I will miss the noobish post count and rep wars we had, and the fun times in chat, I will miss the time when you were too shy about about uploading your first model that you wanted to show me what it looked like via PM first, I will miss how you continued to update me on each of your new models until you made too many to keep me updated on! I will miss rooting for you during the texture contest, I will miss being proud of you as you grew in fame and success, I will miss your unique sense of humor, and I will miss your PM's!!!! :'(

I'm sorry for not being there when you needed a friend most, I know I let you down, please forgive me.

I thank you for all the good times. I thank you for all the models and skins you made for me. And most of all for being such a great and genuine friend. Know that you've not only made a positive impact on my life but also on the entire wc3 modding world.

We will remember you Amp, Rest easy now old buddy.

Level 5
Damn, I don't know why, but my heart goes heavy every time I hear someone pass away, even if I don't know them properly.
l2Bpyqe.gif

Level 22
Wait, I'm just back here and hoping to see some of my friends again. I never thought this kind of situation would happen.
We hadn't been close in later years, but I hope you haven't forgotten when we first met.
I'm proud of you, always proud of you. I will not forget how you turn my silly modelling basics into incredible arts.
Wish you eternal peace.

Level 1
He didn't know me but I knew him and his work. He has been with his tremendous work. I feel for his family friends, best wishes to them. Thanks to all for nice stuff.

Level 9
just came online to do something meant to annoy dio. learned of something new. didn't like it

ampharos was one of my first "friends" on hive.

you won't notice coz he became this angsty emo kid sometime later. i really can't say anything since we're not that "close".

but i admire his work as a modeller and a skinner (look at his early skins lol XD)

"beowulf can't swim all over here to philippines." - shit grendel says (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/-grendel/crayons/)

r.i.p grendel

Last edited:
Level 9
Like the title said: The Cycle of Life, you must accept it. Sometimes, from the ashes of a lost, a new one shall rises (not me, I'm a retard).

Wait.....is this somekind of a fraud? From my opinion, someone should post it in the News.

Status
Not open for further replies.