1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The City Of Khorinis

Submitted by Svetli
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The City Of Khorinis
Created by Svetli

Map Info:

The City Of Khorinis: A map template i made. You can use it for anything you like it, like a cinematic map, playable map or for credits. The map size is 160x160, playable 146x146. I hope you like it. Here are some screenshots:

Screenshots:

Terrain Screenshots

Image Description:
At The Main Gate:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Sorcerer Duel:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Farms:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
The Graveyard:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Merchandise & Stuff:
Teespring - The best way to sell custom apparel online!

Some other stuff about map:

The name ''Khorinis'' came from the game ''Gothic II''. This game is never boring.

Contents

The City Of Khorinis (Map)

Reviews
08:45, 10th Dec 2015 Orcnet: "] The Template seems really dull to what I can overall check on the entire map, there are some archways that is not properly placed, making them looked glitched, the insides of the city is too wide you could have...
  1. 08:45, 10th Dec 2015
    Orcnet:
    [img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

The Template seems really dull to what I can overall check on the entire map, there are some archways that is not properly placed, making them looked glitched, the insides of the city is too wide you could have atleast provide cityscape decorations instead of giving it like a barren road.

For now, map can be approved of something.

2. AlExGamer23

AlExGamer23

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice environment on your map is very detailed and it's look's very nice , i think others players can make interesting maps on your template.

Vote: The map is good
    Rate: 4/5 Nice map for a template

3. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I appreciate :smile:.

4. Silva

Silva

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice map

5. ByMighty

ByMighty

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very Good template/terrain! Good job im sure other guys can use it pretty well.
    +5 for the work.

6. Eldin HawkWing

Eldin HawkWing

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    There's a Cool EnvironMent On Your Map..
    And It Looks UseFul!

7. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map: The City of Khorinis
    Version: 1.0

Review
    by Shar Dundred

Terrain
    The terrain of the city has a few nice looking areas as the center or the cathedral, but for a city, it's way too empty. You don't have to fill every inch with houses, but it looks extremely strange when there are so many plain areas to walk through. Also, there are really few buildings and some (like next to the cathedral) are placed an odd way.
    Outside the city, there's a lack of doodads and tile variation. There's mostly just grass and trees, some areas have no doodads but trees. You could also use the heigth tool a bit more in some of the areas without trees. The roads are placed too straigth as well.
    The farms and houses in front of the city look like little cells and look very similar. I suggest removing the walls and turning the whole area in front of the city into a little sub-village. Or stick with farms, but place them a more realistic way.

2/5

Overall
    Your map has the potential to become a nice little something. However, first you need to work more on it.

Also, please remove the melee triggers.

2/5
    Waiting for update!

8. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    There is lack of doodads, because the limit just blow up...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is. The reason for the limit appearing is that you played too many trees instead of other doodads.

10. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I mean, that there is lack of doodads, because the limit is a problem. And the trees are not a problem, their limit is enough. About the props, their limit blow up...

11. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Visuals
    The terrains is quite simple but it doesn't look too bad.The terrain is too flat however and some doodads are placed weirdly,such as the houses stacked tightly against each other and the trees in the water.The farms or towns outside looks bad due to it's small size and being surrounded by walls

Overall and verdict
    The template could be useful and it's not too badly made but there are some mistakes that need to be corrected.
    3/5 and awaiting update

12. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Since it looks useful, why do you rated it as 2/5? I guess you saw the review from Shar Dundred...

13. very classic and oldschool. yet, i feel like it's charming in it's on way. good job. +REP

14. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a pretty cool template, a bit on the basic side but its open nature could be a blessing (especially for survival maps)
    +Rep, keep up the good work!

15. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    why did you name the city after Khorinis when it clearly has nothing to do with the original in Gothic 2. ?

16. kart72

kart72

Resources:
    Resources:
    got surprised by that too
    For instance that graveyard in the middle of the city. How did it get there?

17. kart72

kart72

Resources:
    Resources:
    :vw_wtf: I... don't understand... a word...
    But anyway I think we're talking about different topics
    I said I don't remember a graveyard being in the middle of the city of Khorinis (yes that's the name of it, or atleast that's how most characters in game name it) I never said anything about any roads.
    Plus it's a template map not cinematic (or atleast that's how it's called) but you are the author. Again: maybe I just don't understand your meaning and you don't understand mine.

18. ThunderWarcraft

ThunderWarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting template. This would be very useful for maps.