• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen Ones Campaign - Alpha Test 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
The Chosen Ones
Alpha Test 1.4

Information

The meaning of this thread is to have as much feedback as possible about my campaign. I have spend thousand hours working on this campaign. I have two very old topics about my campaign: In here you can see some information(well it's really outdated) and here you can see some pictures from campaign(also outdated).

I have to remind you that this campaign is 80 mb big file size. Normal maps are usually about 0,5 MB - 3,5 MB. So this is really huge. Be patient when downloading.

Rules

- Do not copy any triggers, units or spells from the campaign.
- Do not try to make your own campaign from this campaign.
- Do not take any imported files from this campaign.

Your job

Your job is play and comment. When you have played/you are playing you must give me:
=> Suggestions(example if something bother you in the campaign!)
=> Balances(if boss or unit is too weak/strong tell me and I try to balance it!)
=> Criticism(if you see any ciricsm tell me and I try to solve it!)
=> Bugs(example if you get stuck in cinematic!)

If you provide useful information about the campaign, I will give you some "rep" here and I will put your name at the end of the campaign as alpha tester (of course if you can help me somehow or you have good suggestion I can put your name to other categories too!). I have currently these categories: Trigger Credits, Spell/Ability Credits, Model Credits, Skin Credits, Icon Credits, Translate Credits, Image Credits, Support Credits, Alpha Test 1 Credits, Alpha Test 2 Credits, Alpha 3 Credits, Alpha 4 Creditys, Beta Test Credits, Other Credits.

Alpha Test 4

At Alpha Test 4, you can watch prologue(I will remade it later!), interlude 1 and 2. Also you can play chapter one, two, three, four, five and chapter six. So it's about 50% of my campaign.

I hope you enjoy while playing and I wish you luck. Remember to give me feedback. Thank you beforehand!

==> Download Here <==

Level 37
Robbinguy said:
al try to say it in more deatail in the 3rd chapter , theres a item gives u a spell which gives frost shield(increases armour by 2) wen i try to remove it , it wont ..... wen i right click it it goes to autocast
Ok so that tier 1 ice spell item bugs. I will fix it. Thanks for information. +rep

I forget to say one thing: I opened chapter 6 for players that have already finished chapter 5 in older alpha tests. So if you have not finished chapter 5 you do not have heroes at chapter 6. The reason for this is because the enemies in chapter 6 are strong and you cannot kill them unless you are at least level 10. So gain some level at other chapters!

Level 24
Hmm... I can't see the questions like when you go to the hero's home it doesn't show the question... only the answer options and same goes for the questions after the chapter

EDIT: At least works in chapter 3's questions
EDIT2: Found bug that if you use Meltdown and press hold position enough fast after the cast it doesnt costa any mana and doesn't go on cooldown, but still does the dmg

Last edited:
Level 37
Still that boring bug? I don't have a clue how to fix it. I have tried to fix it and asked from people but no one knows how to fix it. Strange. Maybe someday I figure it out because it works in some chapters.

I try to upload campaign to hive. However, my computer crashes time to time when I try to. That's why I need to always send the campaign to my friend and then he uploads it.

Level 24
Well I have an suggestion that could make this game a little more enjoyable... Make quest items like tomes if you know what I mean. Like in example you pick an quest item and it will disappear, but you still have the item for the quest :grin: (Hope you understood what I meant)

EDIT: You could add some mark to people who give quests

Level 37
Hmm... not many posts. That's a bit boring because I don't know what to repair/edit. Well maybe then I will work with the campaign forward. Now I will finish chapter 7 and it will be finished in weeks. It is the biggest map in my campaign(255x255 city).

I also tried to upload the campaign to hive but it didn't work. My computer just frozen. Bit strange and I even have 100mb internet(I can download about 5000kt/sec).

X.e.r.e.X said:
You could add some mark to people who give quests
This I will add.

Mechmap said:
Please, Aeroblyctos, do so you can test each chapter manually, so you dont have to go through it all again. Of course its meaning to test every chapter but its the new stuff that most fun :D
Well I added that you can load your hero from chapter 5. So in next versions I will open all maps? Is that a good thing? What do you think?

Well thanks anyway guys and I hope I can have some new posts soon!

Level 2
I couldn't get past the Centaurs in Chapter 2. I saved before the fight and have tried every combination to beat them and nothing works. Don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I think it should be tuned down. Also, block off the bridge at that point because I was able to run back over the bridge during the fight.

Level 37
What's your level? Chapter 2 looks like a short chapter but it is not. There is many optional quests and many secrets places. I have made that boss weaker but it seems like not enough? Ahh, that's bad. My tactic is always to kill that healer first and then kill the chieftain. I suggest you to level at least to level 8 and buy some potions.

I will repair that bridge bug. I will just put couple of pathing blockers so people can't go back while fightning. By the way, thanks for testing.

It would be also nice if someone would add me to MSN list so it would be easier to tell me bugs, grammar errors, suggestions etc. My MSN address is: [email protected]

Level 2
Yeah, I was only level 6. From the start of the chapter I bought my way onto the bridge and fought the centaurs. The first time I played the only side quest I did was the one for the quilboar or whatever. When i play again I'll do some more exploring.

By the way, I just wanted to say that this campaign is excellent. Some plot points really help attach you to the different characters and your scene direction is great. I'm making a single player campaign of my own and your campaign is giving me a lot of inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Level 37
By the way, I just wanted to say that this campaign is excellent. Some plot points really help attach you to the different characters and your scene direction is great. I'm making a single player campaign of my own and your campaign is giving me a lot of inspiration. Keep up the good work.
It's always nice to have comments like that. I hope you will also have a nice single player campaign.

I will test your campaign again and send you bugs i find.
Thanks Mechmap. Of course it would be easier if you just add me to MSN list and tell bugs direcetly. But do as you wish.

Currently I'm doing Gladiator Arena at chapter 7. It's a cool thing! You can put one of your hero to battle against other competitors and gain some prizes. I also have other mini-games in this chapter.

I've tried till the 3rd mission with Galeoth.
I had an item called Frost armor.But not only it doesn't wrok but you can't drop the item instead it activate/deactivate autocast.
I think it's a bug whith autocast ability on items.
And in the 4th mission Phodom is spelt Pnontom during the intro cinematic.
I stoped there cause i got ate by fungovor ^^/

Last edited:
Level 37
I'm going to try tomorrow upload the campaign to hive so it will be easier for people to download this campaign. I can't upload the campaign from my own computer so I go somewhere else to upload it. If all goes perfect I won't need anymore create new threads. Because I have the campaign in campaign section. Well, let's hope all goes well.

About the campaign, I have been doing randomly every chapter because sometimes it's boring to fix/do chapter 7 because it's too huge place! I think I will finish the campaign entirely in couple of months.

Btw, forget that gold thing.

Level 3
first, i'm sorry for my bad english because i'm from asia and never learn english.
i have try this campaign and that's awesome but i found many bugs.
in chapter one, there is one optional quest that i can't found ( i use maphack so i can see the entire map :p, but still can't find that optional quest)
there is also one error with optional quest that ask us to kill all worm from field. i allready kill all worm but nothing happened
i can't find the first son weapon, is there exist??
the cinematics are also boring, can you make it skippable?
i collect many the magic orb that give 1 stat but nothing happen
i suggest you to give more item slots for each hero, because it's confusing to choose which item that must i keep.
when riddle question, sometimes there are no question, just the multiple choises

in chapter 2, the omnislash alike is error, the hero still vulnurable to attack and the skill is could be canceled. i found 2 second son weapon but 1 is unreachable, i dont know it is accidentally or not.

in chapter 3 the frost armor item is error, i can't drop it or use it. the summon item also to weak.

in chapter 4 the healing plant can be killed and i accidentally do that so i must retry from the beginning. the enemy hero that drop weapon is ally (he is not attack me and i can kill him easilly) same bug also can be found in some chapter especilay in chapter 6. the final boss and he zombies doesn't attack me. the title of optional question also error.

in chapter 5 i found orb that part of excalibur that i already found in previous chapter. so i have two same orb ???( i forgot what orb, maybe poison orb)

that's the bugs i can found, i'm sorry for my bad english

Level 37
Okay soooo.... Thanks everyone for testing my campaign! Soon I will release 1.5. It will include again chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I have not finished chapter 7. It's a big chapter so there's lot of work. I will open this time all finished chapters so it's easier for people to test. So example, if you have finished any chapter your heroes will be saved for next chapter. It does not matter which version you have played.

max_dan said:
in chapter one, there is one optional quest that i can't found ( i use maphack so i can see the entire map :p, but still can't find that optional quest)
there is also one error with optional quest that ask us to kill all worm from field. i allready kill all worm but nothing happened
i can't find the first son weapon, is there exist??
Map hack? :D Well, there is fourth quest. But it's only after you have completed worm quest. I wonder what's wrong with worm quest but I will once again test it and see if it works. By the way, you can find First Son from fourth quest.

max_dan said:
i suggest you to give more item slots for each hero, because it's confusing to choose which item that must i keep.
How should I do that? Well, it's not so hard in later chapters because you have all three heroes in same time. Then you have 6 x 3 = 18 inventory space!

Ohh and rest of those bugs I already fixed! It's nice that you are already in chapter 6! It seems like you are ony one. :(

So, I have many questions for you so do you have MSN or something? It would be nice to know how you finished all chapters and how many gold did you get etc.

Sooooo... rep + credits given!

Attachments

• Progolue - Picture 1.jpg
    Progolue - Picture 1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 146,000
  • Aeroblyctos Present (small).jpg
    Aeroblyctos Present (small).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Level 3
I'm sorry but I don't have any msn or something like that. I finished this campaign in two days and I think this campaign is not too hard, so I wonder why I'm the only one that finished this campaign. Maybe maphack make this campaign much more easier.
btw, i'd try the worm quest few times but still not working.

Level 37
I just made that worm quest easier(before you had to kill about 50 worm, now about 25). It works for me 100%. I wonder what's the problem. I maybe can upload 1.5 today. I just checked and everything seems to work good.

But hey can you answer to these questions:

How much gold did you get at chapter 1?
How much gold did you get at chapter 2?
How much gold did you get at chapter 3?
How much gold did you get at chapter 4?
How much gold did you get at chapter 5?
How much gold did you get at chapter 6?
And what about bosses? Too hard? Too easy? Any problems with solving something? Should I make something better?

Level 12
The chapter 1 boss was way too easy. I mean, the only thing that hurts is his special ability and that one can easly be avoided, I think he should have some kind of frenzy where he gets more damage and attack rate but loose more life.

Level 37
Mechmap said:
The chapter 1 boss was way too easy. I mean, the only thing that hurts is his special ability and that one can easly be avoided, I think he should have some kind of frenzy where he gets more damage and attack rate but loose more life.
I think you are right! I once made for him a "death coil" magic but I wonder does he have it anymore. Well, that Frenzy thing I should do! Maybe if that boss is under 50% health then he starts to do that?

X.e.r.e.X said:
In chapter 2 the guy who gives the second son is kinda too hard, cause I don' t hink you wanted him to be killed with some hit & run tactics lol
Oh yea! I just killed him! It's little too strong and I make it weaker. That boss is fixed in new version.

So guys, I don't need to make any new threads! I managed to upload my campaign to hive! Hurray! All thanks to my old computer. Here it is now. However, I think there is one bad side... after couple of minutes my campaign is not anymore in front page and no one will see it anymore :[

Level 3
don't weaker the guy who give the second son because i really have fun when fight him. Just buy some potions and you'll win. Or maybe you can remove the voodoo ability. I think the giant monster that block the path is harder (I don't know if any people fight this monster ?? because if you move through the mountain you won't meet this monster)

Status
Not open for further replies.