• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The boss appearing in the dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Make the boss appear in the dungeon like in the trailer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    393 KB · Views: 456
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
Make the boss appear in the dungeon like in the trailer.

attachment.php

now theres a neat idea :) I'll have to do some reterraining to make space for it, but its definately possible :D

Also, you see those 2 unit icons in the corner? they just reminded me of something :p If we give players allied control of eachother, they will be able to see eachothers heroes down the side which will allow for quick casting for heals and buffs etc. It would also be a nice marker so players can keep an eye on their teams stats. Obviously we would need some kind of trigger to stop them selecting the player which should be manageable.

However, there is a down side to this. Warcraft 3 only supports 5 hero icons down the side so we would have to reduce the numbers of players to 5 per game :p In my opinion, its worth it, but I'm not gonna do it if everyone else hates it :D lol

Level 19
now theres a neat idea :) I'll have to do some reterraining to make space for it, but its definately possible :D

Also, you see those 2 unit icons in the corner? they just reminded me of something :p If we give players allied control of eachother, they will be able to see eachothers heroes down the side which will allow for quick casting for heals and buffs etc. It would also be a nice makrer so players can keep an eye on their teams stats. Obviously we would need some kind of trigger to stop them selecting the player which should be manageable.

However, there is a down side to this. Warcraft 3 only supports 5 hero icons down the side so we would have to reduce the numbers of players to 5 per game :p In my opinion, its worth it, but I'm not gonna do it if everyone else hates it :D lol

Sadly it's not possible to instantly unselect another player's hero via the unselect action. Perhaps there is another way around. Very neat idea though.

Level 30
Sadly it's not possible to instantly unselect another player's hero via the unselect action. Perhaps there is another way around. Very neat idea though.

hmmm... yea :/ there is a split second delay between clicking and auto unselecting with GUI triggers :/

I was wondering if theres anything in Jass which will could prevent selecting the hero all together, like units with "Locust" have xD I might post something on the trigger help forum to see if anyone can give us a solution :p

Level 19
hmmm... yea :/ there is a split second delay between clicking and auto unselecting with GUI triggers :/

I was wondering if theres anything in Jass which will could prevent selecting the hero all together, like units with "Locust" have xD I might post something on the trigger help forum to see if anyone can give us a solution :p

Sure do. In the meantime I'll update the remaining inventory triggers.

Level 12
Oh! I played a game once (I'm sure it's somewhere in my beast of a map folder) where there was a command to turn on allies hero portraits, but there was more than 5 I believe...I don't remember the number, but I remember there was some sort of command, or a button.

Maybe it was Eclipse ORPG? Not sure, and I don't have time to look right now. Perhaps tomorrow.

Level 4

Also, you see those 2 unit icons in the corner? they just reminded me of something :p If we give players allied control of eachother, they will be able to see eachothers heroes down the side which will allow for quick casting for heals and buffs etc. It would also be a nice marker so players can keep an eye on their teams stats. Obviously we would need some kind of trigger to stop them selecting the player which should be manageable.

I think this is an awesome idea. Diablo 3 itself will only allow for 4 players at max in multiplayer games, so this would just make the map even more realistic, :p. There's only going to be 5 classes (plus the Archivist) anyway.

Level 2
Why is it a problem that other heroes may be selected?
If you don't want them to be, they wouldn't even be controllable by others.

Anyway check this. It's an example code from Wraithseeker and Cohadar.

Level 17

Isnt it possible to somehow hide your own hero icon and make change the unit clasification to worker so your own hero appears in the bottom left corner or something? xP Your own in the bottom corner and teammates in the upper corner. Would be nice it that was possible..

Level 17
I think there's a field to set if the icon is displayed or not, however, you can make a dummy worker that redirects to your hero and make it idle around, and update his life and mana over time.

That is exactly what i mean :-]

Edit:
You guys talked about making it impossible to select other players and so on... It is so simple.. i almost started to laugh.
This is an example (made for when you choose your hero)
[Trigger=Example]
Custom script: if ( GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() ) then
Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
Game - Disable selection and deselection functionality (Enable selection circles)
Custom script: endif
Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Triggering player)
[/Trigger]
Now you can not select other units and yours is selected + you cant deselect it.
You can still attack units and cast spells and everything like that normally.
We would still have to make this functional with the inventory though since you select units inside the inventory.

Level 19
That is exactly what i mean :-]

Edit:
You guys talked about making it impossible to select other players and so on... It is so simple.. i almost started to laugh.
This is an example (made for when you choose your hero)
[Trigger=Example]
Custom script: if ( GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() ) then
Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
Game - Disable selection and deselection functionality (Enable selection circles)
Custom script: endif
Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Triggering player)
[/Trigger]
Now you can not select other units and yours is selected + you cant deselect it.
You can still attack units and cast spells and everything like that normally.
We would still have to make this functional with the inventory though since you select units inside the inventory.

So... What will be the event? Click unit? The event is too slow you can't possible make it any good using it.

Perhaps it will be efficient offline but online everything will be slow.

Level 17
So... What will be the event? Click unit? The event is too slow you can't possible make it any good using it.

Perhaps it will be efficient offline but online everything will be slow.

You dont know what it does, do you?
Just add the events in the choose hero trigger and you will not be able to deselect your hero or select anything else in the rest of the game. It dissables it permanently. Problem solved.

Level 4
You dont know what it does, do you?
Just add the events in the choose hero trigger and you will not be able to deselect your hero or select anything else in the rest of the game. It dissables it permanently. Problem solved.

But that also means we cannot select an enemy unit to check hit points, etc, =|. And we cannot select NPC's, or anything else.

Just throwing that in there..

Level 4
What do you mean by that? :S
Anyway, i go on MSN so we can talk there..

I'm assuming because we can no longer select anything else other than our hero, as I was talking about in my previous post.

Level 17
I'm assuming because we can no longer select anything else other than our hero, as I was talking about in my previous post.

You cant select other units in diablo.
And why would you want that?
Anyway, im talking with RedMarine and we are talking about what we are going to do.

BTW, enough off-topic here. We should make a new thread about this insted.

Level 30
hmm.... if we did disable selection all together, we would have to create some permanent health bars, at least for the bosses :p

I know players can hold down alt, but the average player probably wont know this xD I was playing warcraft for about 3 years before i noticed that shortcut lol :)

If we can find a better way that also allows the player to select units, that would be awesome! If not, then this could easily suffice :)

In other news, i beleive v1.18 could well be released in the next week :) All that really needs to be done is for me to transfer the items to the new inventory, then its pretty much playable :D

Level 17
hmm.... if we did disable selection all together, we would have to create some permanent health bars, at least for the bosses :p

I know players can hold down alt, but the average player probably wont know this xD I was playing warcraft for about 3 years before i noticed that shortcut lol :)

If we can find a better way that also allows the player to select units, that would be awesome! If not, then this could easily suffice :)
Dont worry about this.
I talked with RedMarine about this and he said that he can make a multiboard for us that shows all heros health, mana and potions equiped.
That way you know whats going on. And we could just add another health bar in the multiboard when you battle a boss =]
Or we can use a system i found on wc3c. But that one looks kind of funny if you ask me. I will search it up.
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=103726

Also, i think that it is possible to enable health bars by triggers so people doesnt need to know the shortcut.
Anyway, i have to sleep now. Cya tommorow!

Level 4
Cloud: Exactly why I was getting at that, Cloud. Most average players don't know about the simple keyboard shortcuts, etc. Though, a multiboard would somewhat solve that issue.

LTGH: I realize there's no selection in Diablo, however if you highlight over something in Diablo, you get the information you would get from War3 when selecting a unit, hp, mp, info, name, etc, etc.

Level 17
Cloud: Exactly why I was getting at that, Cloud. Most average players don't know about the simple keyboard shortcuts, etc. Though, a multiboard would somewhat solve that issue.

LTGH: I realize there's no selection in Diablo, however if you highlight over something in Diablo, you get the information you would get from War3 when selecting a unit, hp, mp, info, name, etc, etc.

Why would you like to know a units mana? if i dont remember wrong, you dont see that in diablo.
And you see health of an unit if you have the mouse over it or am i wrong? :O
But the name of the unit is only showed if its a hero, right? :S
And in boss battle we can just create a health bar for the boss so people do not need to have the mouse over the boss.

Level 19
Why would you like to know a units mana? if i dont remember wrong, you dont see that in diablo.
And in boss battle we can just create a health bar for the boss so people do not need to have the mouse over the boss.

We could just make all enemy units heroes making their names visible. This would be kinda silly but it's just an idea worth considering if we would like to carry on with this.

Level 19
Problem would then be attributes and such, you'd have to do ALOT of "paperwork" to make all units heroes, yet not stronger. :p

Hm... Yeah you're right. This might not be such a good idea but it certainly would make balancing somewhat more customizable. Just increasing the units'(heroes) level and attributes would instantly change the difficulty of the game.

Level 16
Hm... Yeah you're right. This might not be such a good idea but it certainly would make balancing somewhat more customizable. Just increasing the units'(heroes) level and attributes would instantly change the difficulty of the game.

That's actually true.
I wonder if there's someway to remove the heroes lvl that shows up when you scroll over them, because then the idea would perhaps be worth considering for later, when we don't have to much other stuff to do ^^

Level 19
That's actually true.
I wonder if there's someway to remove the heroes lvl that shows up when you scroll over them, because then the idea would perhaps be worth considering for later, when we don't have to much other stuff to do ^^

The level of the units could just represent their difficulty. That would be a nice way of displaying their difficulty level.

I seriously doubt we would add something like this anytime soon or if we ever will. We're going to use my old mate's system which sounds quite good.

Level 16
The level of the units could just represent their difficulty. That would be a nice way of displaying their difficulty level.

I seriously doubt we would add something like this anytime soon or if we ever will. We're going to use my old mate's system which is sounds quite good.

As you wish, i haven't really looked into the systems of the map a lot, it was just ideas tho ^^

But i guess, a system like that would require almost every unit to be remade :p

There is a way to turn units into heroes. You need to edit their HEX names in excel (first extract the proper file from the map). So, where it says u001, you make that U001, and the unit is instantly a hero. I figured this out when I were messing with RtC system, a year or something ago. I believe newgen can also do this without hex editing or an excel program

Level 4

Just interesting little things that i'm throwing in here... You can see the unit information when scrolling over them, in D1 you can see HP/MP when scrolling over it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.