1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Black Temple (Version 1.0)

Submitted by Zenonoth
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Zenonoth and joaquim98 presents

The Black Temple

[​IMG]
=================================================

=================================================
The Black Temple is a 5-Player Dungeon Crawler RPG style map that requires team co-operation - BASED ON THE WoW RAID OF THE SAME NAME

Features

[​IMG]
- 9 Unique heroes to choose from (With 7 abilities each)
-
3 Difficulties to choose from (Easy - Normal - Hard)
- Custom unlockable cheats for multiplayer & testing
- Achievements
- Custom Voices
- Custom Music
- Over 100 Custom items

Gameplay

[​IMG]
1) You get to pickup between 9 Heroes at the beginning of the map
2) Difficulties can be chosen by Player 1 - [The Host]
3) You fight your way across many enemies, defeating them, earning EXP, items
4) There are achievements that can be completed; doing so will reward you +150 HP
5) Collect Badges of Justice from bosses to grant yourself extra lives and premium items

Story

[​IMG]
"Long ago on Draenor, the Temple of Karabor was the center of draenei worship. But the devout priests who prayed there are long dead, slaughtered by marauding, demonically corrupted orcs. In the massacre's aftermath the warlocks of the Shadow Council seized the structure and bestowed upon it a new name: the Black Temple. The temple was warped by the Void powers of the Dark Star, an ancient dark god of the Shadowmoon clan that was actually the fallen naaru, K'ara.

When Illidan the Betrayer fled to Draenor (now called Outland), he ousted the Temple's ruler - the pit lord Magtheridon - and claimed his throne as the lord of the blasted world. Despite the bitter retribution of his enemies, Illidan has begun to tighten his grip on Outland from within the profaned sanctum, where he awaits any and all who would challenge his rule."

Screenshots

[​IMG]
View

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits

[​IMG]
(if you have a resource in the map that is not mentioned in the credits list then report it to me immediately)

1) AUTHORS
Zenonoth
joaquim98

2) BETA TESTERS
LISBOAH
sasha11
Heini

3) MODELS
Blizzard Entertainment
JesusHipster
General Frank
-Grendel
Sellenisko
Elenai
Irydan
paulH
Kwaliti
Tranquil
Anvil
Yayoi
HerrDave
Alpain
HappyTauren
Hexus

4) ICONS
Blizzard Entertainment

5) SKINS
Darkholme
Huinipachutli

Development

[​IMG]
PROGRESS:

- Terrain: 100%
- Triggers: 100%
- Spells: 100%
- Heroes: 100%
- Systems: 100%
- Items: 100%
- Shops: 100%
- OVERALL PROGRESS: 100%

KNOWN BUGS:

-The Warlock's Drain Life will drain mana instead (Patch 1.26a+)
-The Rogue's Fan of Knives will strike only 1-2 targets instead of all surrounding targets (Patch 1.26a+)

Contents

The Black Temple (Version 1.0) (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Shouldn't the camera start over the hero selection zone instead of the middle of the map in darkness? 2. Wouldn't hurt to have a Credits list in the map thread's description. 3. Ingame, the Icons are credited as/to Blizzard Entertainment. Would you...
StoPCampinGn00b
Just gave it a go in multiplayer. I can't write a review now, but perhaps some day later. Standard dungeon crawl gameplay with a lot of effects to sugarcoat it, most notably WoW voice-lines and content. Some of it doesn't fit, but it's not too bad...
  1. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reserved for updates.

1-[6/10/2017] - Map finished & released, v1.0 announced!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've also seen this appear int the Map Development forum not so long ago. Is it finished? If it's still in beta then you shouldn't have submitted it yet to the Maps section.

3. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think this one is finnished it is said in the progress that

- Terrain: 100%
    - Triggers: 100%
    - Spells: 100%
    - Heroes: 100%
    - Systems: 100%
    - Items: 100%
    - Shops: 100%
    - OVERALL PROGRESS: 100%

So I guess all we have to do is tell him how to improve this map

4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep.

General Naj'entus' stunning ability is still quite annoying, but at least he now uses more than one ability.

Are you planning to create more maps based on dungeons, like Naxxramas, Icecrown or Ulduar?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  5. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Wardota2 Gamer it is indeed finished, hence is why I uploaded it here.. /sigh
    @LISBOAH Sure, was working on Naxxramas before, however the project never came to completion so I'll upload my work so far so others can salvage it.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Shouldn't the camera start over the hero selection zone instead of the middle of the map in darkness?
    2. Wouldn't hurt to have a Credits list in the map thread's description.
    3. Ingame, the Icons are credited as/to Blizzard Entertainment. Would you be more specific?
    4. What about locked fighting zones? You can run to other places through enemies.

I can't test this further in one player without cheats.

Left to Pending.

==============================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is supposed to imitate the Black Temple instance in World of Warcraft Burning Crusade, so it is natural that it should be a multiplayer. You can play alone but it will take too long, since all enemies possess a lot of HP and you don't do a lot of damage on your own.

8. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, I want a list about the things that makes my map not approvable or that makes it so low to meet Hiveworkshop's standards compared to other maps, thanks.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't give you further notes without playing more of the map and I can't do it alone. So, until then, I'm not providing you any list.

10. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just gave it a go in multiplayer. I can't write a review now, but perhaps some day later.
    Standard dungeon crawl gameplay with a lot of effects to sugarcoat it, most notably WoW voice-lines and content. Some of it doesn't fit, but it's not too bad either.

Map meets all the rules. Approved.

11. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played as Mage by myself. Illidan is not immune to Polymorph, which makes him easy to beat. I simply constantly polymorph him and attack him till he dies.

The achievement about preventing one of the Illidari Council from healing the others is impossible, at least to me.

12. Fruit Forest

Fruit Forest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok I played a bit. I'm interesting only basic things.
    1. No support for single player. Why not to make a few heroes to control if you playerd alone?
    2. I don't like then you died you lose the game. In WoW you just run with your spirit back to your death place. and all creeps restores their health and mana while out of combat.
    3. The music is repeatable. Maybe add something else?
    4. Can the game support multiple classes? I mean 2 priests instead of one.
    5. Consumable items doesn't stack! In 2017, Carl.
    6. Classes: The most terrible for me is that you didn't make abilities just like in WoW.
    Priest:
    1. Mass Disepl... Disepl. Why it removes all buffs? In WoW it removes either negative or positive depending on alliance with unit.
    2. Vampiric Embrace is a passive. Or course it's just a vamapiric aura which doesn't work on ranged units. What's the point of adding in the VE description that Mind Flay restores health if you can add this effect in the MF description. If I remove VE do the priest stops recieving health from the Mind Flay?
    3. Mind Flay - it's just a life drain. I really hope you will made abilities just like in wow.
    4. Priest has only one buff Inner Fire which can be casted on all allied units. Where is a fortitude? Shield? Spirit? Why you don't provide a player to choose abilities for the gamplay? I remember Molten Core map where you can't choose abilities itself but you can choose characters with different specialization.

Warlock:
    1. Life Drain. Why not Mind Flay:D They have the same effect.
    2. Soulwell: I can take a lot of healthstones. Intentional?
    3. Rain of Fire damages allied units. I think it is very unconvinient while playing with a large group
    4. Banish. If I'm not mistaken a banished units can't be attacked in WoW. But here they are immune to non-magic attacks and also gain extra spell damage, which doesn't mentioned in the spell description.

Mage
    1. Blizzard - same as Rain of Fire
    2. Polymorph doesn't removed on damage.
    3. Frost Bold is Warden's Shadow Strike. It looks strange then Shadow Bolt doesn't have text damage but frost bolt does.
    4. Water Elemental - it has no abilities. Intentional?

Shaman
    1. Lightning Shield - can't cast on self. Plus it damages nearby allies. Plus it damages close units but not reflect damage as the wow-ish does.
    2. Blood Lust isn't mass spell. Too sad.
    3. Water Shield is just the Briliance Aura. It's not a buff which must replace Lightning Shield.

Druid:
    1. All abilities are just replaced standard ones.

Hunter
    1. It has 4 passive abilities. Out of fantasy? Even serpent sting is passive. I think it is the most easiest character.

Rogue
    1. No abilities with Stealth mode. And Stealth doesn't make any sense.
    2. Deadly Throw is Shadow Strike. I think it will be amazing if you cast Frost Bolt which replaces the Deadly Throw effect.
    3. For rogue which is associated with active game this one has 3 passive abilities.
    4. Why not to make his mana like energy?

Paladin:
    1. Does the Seal of Light stack with VEmbrace?
    2. Seal of Vengeance - is a passive poison right? I think it is replaced by Deadly Poison of Serpent Sting.
    3. Righteous Defense doesn't require mana. Intentional?

Warrior
    1. It uses mana resource. I hope it would be like you hit and get mana (rage)
    2. Avatar makes you immune to magic. It doesn't mentioned in the spell description.
    3. Demoralization Shout - duration of effect doesn't mentioned in the description.
    4. Rend - see the problem with Seal of Vengeance, Deadly Poison or Serpent Sting

Taunt abilities. I think it's kinda wrong to use one based on standard Taunt ability, because creeps would attack only this unit and they wouldn't distract on other characters, because here is no any threat system.
    Since yo uare using standard abilities I'm pretty sure you have no items which increases spell damage or healing done. Too sad.
    Also there is no system of elemental damage. In wow we have fire, Ice, Shadow etc. Element spell system was a critical factor for certain bosses + it allows to make more abilities like increase fire damage taken etc. That is why I could give mage the ability Rain of Fire and nothing changed.

13. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks @Fruit Forest that was the most solid review I got, all of these points you mentioned will be fixed in the next update, some abilities aren't meant like wow and are intentional this way.. but I'll fix them.

14. Fruit Forest

Fruit Forest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just hoped you made more complicated system instead of using standard abilities. with spell damage bonus, healing done bonus, elemental magic system etc etc.

15. Sirmarkis29

Sirmarkis29

Resources:
    Resources:
    I gonna test this map look fun map to play ! :)

16. Lake Bodom

Lake Bodom

Resources:
    Resources:
    It maybe me noob, but couldnt solo it. Make it solo if possible. 3/5

17. Patrick Blackler

Patrick Blackler

Resources:
    Resources: