1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Black Road v1.33

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Notes from the uploader: A rather unique Open RPG set in a mythical Greece. Pretty fun to play and the Warlock class is buff :p

Keywords:
Black, Road, WaterMolecule
Contents

The Black Road v1.33 (Map)

1. darkblade65

darkblade65

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome map man, keep up the good work, hope the bears come soon :D

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have uploaded version 1.33 of The Black Road by WaterMolecule and FatherTime, and put the map in RPG / Role Playing Game type and the Medieval / Warcraft category.
    This is my review for version 1.33.

Rui's Review
    [?]Hive Workshop Requirements: The map has been uploaded by the public resource provider.
    [+]Imported Material: What would a RPG be without a few imports? I should note, however, that the imported icons' passive versions were very low quality.
    [+]Machine/Net-Friendly: The map lagged at start. There was also a slight noticeable delay, that seems to be over after a while. Still, it's playable.
    [+]Bugs: I found no bugs. I must admit, I quit early, especially for the reasons mentioned below, but while I played I saw no bugs.
    [+/-]Originality: Just another RPG. The fact that the story was somewhat original is a plus, but still...
    [+/-]Balance: Well, the game is balanced... you have to go heal after a while, the traditional 'bleh' of RPGs.
    [-]Terrain: The terrain was awful. Nothing of what I would expect of a RPG.
    [-]Ingenuity: The only effects I saw were that one of the Black Arrow on the Ranger.
    [-]Fun Factor/Gameplay: The game becomes boring pretty quick, compared to RPGs such as The Kingdom of Kaliron. This is just another traditional go-kill-creeps RPG.
    [-]Object Editor Work Quality: A bunch of creeps and heroes thrown into the game. I see nothing else. The skills had some triggers put into them but let's be honest: they are boring.

I played this game because I see it often hosted at Battle.Net, at least on the Northrend (European) server. The bad taste Europeans have for maps is well known: cheap tags, (way-too-much-)DotA, the 300 versions of Footmen Frenzy, low-quality TDs, etc... Summarizing it up, I don't see how would anybody play The Black Road when there are games such as The Kingdom of Kaliron out there. Only in Europe and nowhere else.
    I'm not American, if you got that impression.

My rating for this resource is 2/5 (Lacking).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  3. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    dang 3/10. that's pretty low. for this, At least i think.

I haven't played that other game you talk about. but just because the other game may be better doesn't mean this one is boring.

Anyway i played this game a while back, older version. ya i got bored after a few hours, but its got some fun to it, sorta keeps you moving because you have run back to the road time to time. I think its had alot of work put into it. And its decently done. could the terrain and a few things be better, most likely, and does it get a little old after a few hours, sorta.

But even with that, this is a high quality game, i haven t played all the games like this on bnet, but this one is good. I would say 8/10.

But that's just what i think :)

p.s. I would have continued to play but i always lose my code...

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Kingdom of Kaliron is hosted here at the Hive, just check the Hosted Projects category on our Forums.

I guess I'll change the rating to 2/5 which in the map rating is the same, maybe the lack of mood for RPGs consumed me without even knowing. It is a playable map after all.
    Still, it fails in uniqueness, so I do not feel capable of rating higher than that.

5. Sube2

Sube2

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    im sorry but your review makes me think you played the rpg for maybe 10 minutes. You obviously have not seen the unique qualities of TBR.

6. xtc_

xtc_

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is one of the best orpg till some time, coz there are no good orpgs yet, only tkok.

terrain 2/10 - nothing special
    heroes 5/10 - cool models, some nice spells, but also nothing special
    items 8/10 - nothing special at all, but item stacking is only one thing that keeps this map played imo
    monsters 5/10 - some nice features but if u want to play for a long time, boring like a hell

+ for that alot of ppl playing it

lot of bugs, imo worth to play for 1 week not more. Maybe tbr 2.0 with dungeon maps will be better, well see.

overall - 6/10 = 3/5

7. Okunevic

Okunevic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Terrain , I bet you could never do anything like it
    Heroes , someone like you could never do those spells

Overally , how about you make an ORPG and I will be seriously suprised if it won't a map named just another warcraft 3 map , that has 1 level 1 paladin with ordinary skills and 3 ghouls

8. xtc_

xtc_

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, they are mapmakers / im player - they are making maps for ppl like me and when i dont like something, it is a natural thing that i will tell what i dont like

for example terrain in tkok beats in every way tbr...

and tip for u dude - learn what is criticism

9. xxmanzoidxx

xxmanzoidxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Question: What Save/load Code did you guys use? and can i use it plz :D

Im making an rpg.. and all the save/load codes dont work.. im a huge fan of this rpg and i was wondering if i can use this save/load code... or tell me where u got it if you were using somone elses.. :D ty answer me as soon as possible

10. kagom

kagom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map, But I'm actually looking for a third person camera rpg, if you can update it to third person camera i'm sure i can host it pretty much.

11. yokris0

yokris0

Resources:
    Resources:
    what i hate about this map is that i want to play this alone but i cant because it has to be 2 or more players and the save code is way way too long, thats bullshit

12. Falconeye

Falconeye

Resources:
    Resources:
    While this has poor reviews, it is still a decent game.

13. Shaki

Shaki

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have to admit, i'm horrible at making maps, but don't think that my opinion doesn't count. i played this game, people think its great, tbh its old, and kind of stale for alot of people out there. i dont like it as much. it was fun for awhile, now.. no offense i try not to offend.. it kind of bores me to tears.. :hohum: wow that was hard to say >.< anyways i used to like it, but its pretty much dated. there's no specific thing wrong with it, just, stale.. anyways sorry about being offensive in any way but. 2/5 ( let me wait a few days until i can rate *sigh*)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  14. ReDeR

ReDeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    I JUST LOVE IT .. MANY HOURS I SPENDED IN THIS RPG!! 5/5! Update plz

15. Falconeye

Falconeye

Resources:
    Resources:
    There already is an update out and it is v. 1.34, soon 2.0 is arriving which will rock.

16. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The makers of this map have added me to some kind of ban list for no apparent reason at all. Thus I demand that they eithor remove me from their banlist, state why they do not like me or else should this site really distribute a map made by people who ban members of the public for no reason.

Yes I have done some things 3 years ago, but I never really did anything to this map nor were even aware of it until I searched my name in google and found me on a banlist hosted by the offical TBR website.

Thus I say 1/5. As that rating makes as much sense as their current black listing of me.

17. Falconeye

Falconeye

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well that is really arrogant of the community, especially when half the people adding you don't know you.

18. Kankuro

Kankuro

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this rpg, just like falcon eye ^^. 5/5

19. Seralas

Seralas

Resources:
    Resources:
    When will we see TBR 2.0 uploaded here/where can I find the changelog please anyone?