1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Black Marsh

Submitted by Svetli
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Black Marsh
Created by Svetli

Map Info:
An usual melee playable map, there's no cinematics or quests in the map and for that's it's usual. If you have choosed the humans, then you must destroy the Night elf bases guarded the Fortress, or if you have choosed the Night elves, then you must destroy the Human bases sieged the Fortress.. The map size is 128x128, playable 116x116 in the Sunken Ruins.

Some else stuff about map:
The map is ordinary for 4 players. In a fight are Humans against Night elves. I think in this map doesn't have any bugs, but report if you find.

Credits:
Special Thanks:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • The Hive Workshop
Also thanks to:

Models:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Skins:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Icons:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Tutorials/Systems:
  • Svetli
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Design:
  • Svetli

Screenshots:
Entire Map Screenshot

Image Description:
This is the whole playable map!

[​IMG]

Gameplay Screenshots

Image Description:
Gameplay Screenshot 1:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Gameplay Screenshot 2:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Gameplay Screenshot 3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Merchandise & Stuff:
Teespring - The best way to sell custom apparel online!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

The Black Marsh (Map)

Reviews
11:47, 24th Sep 2015 Shadow Fury: After several updates and efforts, the map finally became approvable with a rating of 3/5 This is a medium-quality melee map where 2 allied night elven players will fight 2 allied human players. The terrain is...
  1. 11:47, 24th Sep 2015
    Shadow Fury: After several updates and efforts, the map finally became approvable with a rating of 3/5
    This is a medium-quality melee map where 2 allied night elven players will fight 2 allied human players. The terrain is pleasant and the map feels a little RPG-ish too due to the unusual placement of creeps and the layout of the terrain. Could be nice to play alone or multiplayer.

2. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Description Gameplay Screenshots 2 Broken in BB-Code.

3. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Review

POSITIVES
    - Not too hard, not too easy
    - Big space for building your base
    - Ally is helpful
    - Haven't found any bugs
    - Variable difficulty
    - Terrain is good

NEGATIVES
    - You should allow that someone could play for the "player 2", if someone wanted to play this with his friend
    - How about some new units, man? The original warcraft-ish gameplay is little bit boring after 10 years
    - Map could be bigger

Edit: Changed my review, since the map has improved, good job.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  4. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Short review!

This is quite a mediocre melee map that conceals its true potential somehow. The terrain feels a little bit too flat and could use of a better tile variation. While some areas looked really good such as the pseudo-ancient-library guarded by mur'guls or the mur'gul camp itself at the bottom right corner. Those parts had tile variation and appropriate ornaments to decorate the place handsomely. However, the rest doesn't feel like that. The starting locations, for example, only have some dirt/rough dirt plus trees and rocks randomly scattered. You could use of extra vegetation since this is the theme. One final recommendation would be recolouring the waterfalls to a greenish colour since the water has that colour. Azure waterfalls on green waters look weird.

Enough with the visuals, time to head to the gameplay part. Firstly, the items. What a disaster man... do not let all items drops be specific because you ruin the randomness of every game. You do not get the same items every melee match, don't you? You must make them random to achieve this. In addition, why am I stuck with the human race? If one would like to choose the orcs, why can't he? Allow the races to be choosable (preferably the enemy one as well) and allow this game to be playable with more than one players because it is very possible by making a computer slot an empty slot. Finally, why is there only one expansion gold mine for 4 players? This is madness, at least 4 expansion gold mines should be present for a good balance.

Overall, the map has potential as I formerly stated thus I will set it to needs fix.

5. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map has some coolness. I am wondering however, why does castle spawn near the woods and gold mine in the centre of the base? lol looks word xD

also why are there unguarded goldmines?

I like neutral creeps

6. Michael the Boombringer

Michael the Boombringer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why not altered melee?

7. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Should I change it then? :)

8. Kecske

Kecske

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've tried the map and I think the terrain is wonderful, but maybe you should edit the races a bit. That would make your map unique.

9. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your review, Kecske! :)

10. Michael the Boombringer

Michael the Boombringer

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks like altered melee to me.