• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Best Rock Bands EVER!!!(and why)(top 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beatles
The Most Influential rock band ever. They did it all, from the pop songs of their early days to the great rock (and meaningful) songs later on. All four of them were all great musicians and song-writers (yes, even Ringo), almost every song they wrote was good.They were the kids' most loved and they used do shows only for them.Although John Lennon was the really unlucky one who was assasinated after a concert they continued until the new death.The Beatles then ended as a band.
Rated: 10/10
beatles.jpg

Led Zeppelin
Every person in this legendary band was in the top ten of their respective instruments. John Bohnam's powerful drums have been mached by only two (in my opinion), John Paul Jones bass was at times incredible and gives him a top ten bassist spot, Robert Plants voice knew no limits, and Jimmy Page's guitar work and riff-writing leaves him to be possibly the greatest guitarist ever.He was the the writer of the songs and he was the one who organized Led Zeppelin as a band.Now they do not exist due to the death of John Bohnam.
Rated: 10/10
Led_Zeppelin.jpg

The Who
The Who had THE greatest drummer ever, THE greatest bassist ever, a guitarist who could excell at both rhythm and lead and was one of the most copied guitarsts in England at a time when both the Beatles and Rolling Stones were around, o yeah, and their singer was awsome too. Pete Townshend is one of the greatest song-writers ever, Keith Moon's drums continually supspened belief until his death in 1978, and Roger Daltry's rough yet pleasant voice put the icing on the cake. Best known for their onstage antics, the Who were the first to smash instruments, and were arguably the greatest performers ever. Drum sticks were flying, guitars were blasting, Daltrey would be smashing his mic. into the bass drum, while John Entwhistle hammered out basslines, never even movng an inch until the end of the show (quote,"without him we would all just take off).The Who was one of the best rock groups ever and my favourite one.I highly suggest you start listening to them.
Rated: 20/10(my favourite one)
B000065UFD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rolling Stones

Highly influencial and highly talented, the self proclaimed, "world's greatest band" deserves a spot on anybody's top five. Keith Richards guitar playing never offered anything nobody else did, but their riffs songs were as memorable as anybody else's. "Satisfacton," is possibly the greatest Rock N' Roll song ever, as is the most famous of their very impressive vault. Mick Jagger's voice assures the bands own sound, when you here a Stnes song, you know it.They are the band that has survived the most ages(2nd is The Who)and they still make new works.Last year they published their new CD.
Rated: 9/10
image010.jpg

AC/DC
Although lead singer Bon Scott died in 1979, AC/DC has always been able to keep that same old hard rock n' roll sound. After taking over on vocals in 1980, Brian Johnson perfected the voice that Bon Scott created, all while freak-of-nature lead guitarist Angus Young belts out some of the best riffs in history while following them up with amazing solos. Angus' school boy outfit and "spinning-on-the-ground" solos during concerts have proved them to be one of the best live bands, while Angus' brother Malcom and drummer Phil Rudd provide a strong and steady rhythm section. All while making occasional referances to their master, Satan.Angus Young and Malcom are the best school Rockboys ever.
Rated: 9/10
ac_dc_lyrics.jpg

P.S:I will soon update the thread and give you some videos of their best songs!

The topic is if you agree with my own opinion and tell yours.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The Beatles had like, one or two good songs, the rest suck.

I love "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.

The Beatles had like, one or two good songs, the rest suck.

I love "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.

No,Chriz. it seems you haven't searched it.I am not posting my own opinion(well mostly mine)but the songs of Beatles were really good...shall i say 5?
All You Need Is Love
She Loves You
I Saw Her Standing There
Yellow Submarine
Twist And Shout
Imagine

Level 21
The Beatles are one of the greatest bands of all time but i wouldnt call them rock, i think they are more pop music. also they have about 20 birlliant songs, with many good ones and are one of the few artists in the world (along with micheal jackson and elton john) who can have an album of solid number 1 hits. Chriz. u may not like them but i know millions of people who do :p

most of the music by those bands is pre 1990 and i like some of it but not all of it. i personally would remove AC/DC because they havent been a major force over here like the stones, the beatles and the who have. of those bands you mentioned, apart from the beatles, i only like a few songs...less than 20 song do i like between you 4-5 top bands. i cant aruge with the beatles tho, they are amazing.

Level 7
Anyways, here's my list...
1. Metallica
2. Slayer
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. The Offspring
5. Megadeth

i will only agree with lorothrings if he removed Metallic:)
Did u seE?Most of you like New Rock which is not good and here is a list why it is not good:

-You can't hear the Bass Players in Most of Songs
-Not good Solos
-The put much effort on the singer and not the instruments
-They talk about useless things.Bands like Rolling Stones and The Who had lyrics with real stories of life and stories about life in general.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I think you just caused a riot in England, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU SAID THAT

And I hate all Classic Rock except for the beatles and Elvis, YOU DUDES ROOL, SILVER BULLET!

I was thinking....I'll voice my personal opinion. Wah wah, sue me.

And Uchiha, trust me, I've heard every Beatles song in existence countless times due to my brother and parents, so I despise them, like I said, minus two or so songs.

Why the hell isn't Golden Earring up there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGdSmNnz2ZA

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I agree with all of them.

Minus the Beatles.

And there's a little thing called personal opinion, so there's no point in arguing with people's taste in music.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Ew no, not Good Charlotte and Blink 182, gag me.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The Beatles.

Are.

Not.

Rock.

Just no.

And they're shite, but that's beside the point. Just because you're influential doesn't mean we have to like you by default.

And if you're talking about 'great' rock, then Queen should probably be in there.
YES. Now I know why I love you, Rao.

Level 21
1.Sum 41
2.Blink 182
3.Good Charlotte
4.Rise Against
5.Jimmy Eat World

classic words of a punk rocker.

top bands of all time will go to bands like the ones from the 60's-80's who basically invented rock. but for me it goes to indie and alternative bands:
(in no specific order)

the bravery
bloc party
RHCP
Kasabian
The killers

these are jus the bands i love, but they arent exactly the best rock bands ever. perhaps RHCP are one of the best ever...instead of AC/DC...but everyone who says the beatles arent rock is correct..they are pop music, but it doesnt make me love them any less.

Level 19
I agree with all of them.

Minus the Beatles.

And there's a little thing called personal opinion, so there's no point in arguing with people's taste in music.

omg how many riots do you have to start to be happy? GST_Nemesis has probably already killed somebody with this baseball bat with a pair of scissors glued to it. By the way, in less you've actually listened to all of the beatles' songs, then don't say you don't like them mate. Us English folks are going to get on your tail pretty quick-like.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

omg how many riots do you have to start to be happy? GST_Nemesis has probably already killed somebody with this baseball bat with a pair of scissors glued to it. By the way, in less you've actually listened to all of the beatles' songs, then don't say you don't like them mate. Us English folks are going to get on your tail pretty quick-like.

Christ, I said earlier that I have heard all of them, so I know where I'm coming from. And I live in Germany, not the US, so I don't have anything to worry about.

Level 6
Only band there i Like is Ac/dc.

:p all the bands i like are probley too death/heavy/gothic/power metal for u guys and emo/punk/rock.

In my order it has to be:

0) Judas Priest
1) Children of bodom
2) Metallica
3) Pantera
4) Rob Zombie
5) Slayer
6) Slipknot
7) Kataklysm
8) HelloGoodBye
9) Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly
10) Ac/Dc
11) Motorhead
12) Black Sabbath
13) Ozzy osborn.

(Rock - Death metal - Metal - Emo - Alternative)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.