• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] The Battle of Unnumbered Tears (Nirnaeth Arnoediad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
"The Nirnaeth Arnoediad or Battle of Unnumbered Tears was the disastrous Fifth Battle in the Wars of Beleriand. Its name was taken from the first words of the Doom of Mandos: "Tears unnumbered ye shall shed..."." I love The Silmarillion, it is my favorite book. I loved The War of the Jewels map, but I wanted to focus on one battle in particular: The Battle of Unnumbered Tears. I've been working on terrain and wanted to share some pics and see what you guys thought so far:

242039-albums8361-picture100378.bmp

242039-albums8361-picture100379.bmp

242039-albums8361-picture100380.bmp

242039-albums8361-picture100381.bmp

242039-albums8361-picture100377.bmp

Thanks for looking, and if you want the full story of the Battle, look here: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Nirnaeth_Arnoediad

Level 2
Last edited:
Level 9
Oh this is interesting can you tell us something more about the gameplay ? And yes please make some clouse up screenshots if possible in the game.
I hope this will be differentr from War of the Jewels not heroe focusing that much ... hate that ...

I was looking for someone working on Silmarillion map ... I can help you with the terrain but Id like to know more about the map ...

Level 2
Oh this is interesting can you tell us something more about the gameplay ? And yes please make some clouse up screenshots if possible in the game.
I hope this will be differentr from War of the Jewels not heroe focusing that much ... hate that ...

I was looking for someone working on Silmarillion map ... I can help you with the terrain but Id like to know more about the map ...

Well as of yet I have only begun working on the game play. So far buildings for the Noldor of Hithlum and Gondolin have been finished(hopefully to a acceptable standard) and I've begun work on the units for Hithlum as well.

I see you wanted some close up shots, there are in my gallery but I'll post it here for ease of access.

I also see that you wanted to know more about the map. Well it is based on the The Nirnaeth Arnoediad or Battle of Unnumbered Tears that took place during the First Age of Arda and I do have plans for it to go all the way to the War of Wrath, but that's just an idea. I'm not good at explaining big battles like this so if you are interested you can go have a look at it here: Nirnaeth Arnoediad.

Thanks for looking and the offer to help, I'd also appreciate any tips you could give seeing as your project is coming along well.

Level 2
I was asking if it will be spawn based or not ... heroes will revive ? there will cpoints? or how income will work ....

Ah I see. Sorry for misunderstanding. To answer your question: It will not be spawn based, I was considering the idea of Cpoints and no Heroes will not revive.

Level 2
It's been awhile since I've updated the screenshots and information here, so here we go:

Things that have changed are: Eastern Host Capital Barad Eithel and Eastern Host Capital Himring was redone as well as Gondolin and all of the Eastern and Western Hosts locations and Cities. I've also begun working on units and most of the buildings are done. Angband's buildings and units will be done last. Still have no idea when the first playable Alpha will be out and Events are starting to form in my mind.
Future plans for the Map are that it will be going up to the War of Wrath, but this is unconfirmed as I'm still pondering the idea.

Screenshots:

Thanks for looking and be sure to criticize! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Well guys it's almost time to enter a closed Alpha. Testing units and such. Note this Alpha will primarily focus on Units and balance but ideas for terrain is accepted. If you wish to be part of the closed Alpha ask here, and be sure to tell your friends, I'd like a broad spectrum of players.
As of now no certain date can be put on the release of closed Alpha but be assured it will be soon.
Thanks!

Here's a updated view of the Map while I have your attention:

Level 2
Sorry for the inactivity guys, this map is not dead. It's been a hectic period at school and other personal developments have also popped up. I shall try and return to the production schedule as soon as possible to bring you all the Alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.