1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Live] The Autumn Court - Chapter One: Bloodheir

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Dragonson, Oct 23, 2014.

  1. Sky Green

    Sky Green

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2011
    Messages:
    466
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    Skojam laughed when he heard how the young Drem responded.
    "Lad, a bit shy, aren't we? Well, I'm glad I have a fellow writer here to talk with, since I expect we'll be here for a while."
    He also noticed Eveline taking a seat. Noticing the way she looked at Drem he was already intrigued as to why she did it. Perhaps he should keep an eye on them or drink some more.
    "So, there rest of you have already feasted here. I have a question to ask. What is the strongest drink here?"
     
  2. Sky Green

    Sky Green

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2011
    Messages:
    466
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    Skojam took a good look at the man, he was baffled by her statement. He didn't expect that from him. An awful thing to say, keeping him sober when he could already be drunk. Being always quick to judge and quick to change opinions, he thought to himself:
    'I dislike this one.'
    He then proceeded to calm himself down and say:
    "So... no rum?"

    OOC: Sorry bout that, also, while I'm at it, is Eveline's name a reference to Le Pere Goriot?
     
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  3. VeljkoM

    VeljkoM

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,553
    Resources:
    2
    Maps:
    1
    Tutorials:
    1
    Resources:
    2
    OOC: Arila is 158 year old guy. Admittedly it is feminine name in most cultures.
     
  4. Dragonson

    Dragonson

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,655
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    Syhr studies the two newcomers, but apart from nods of acknowledgement he says nothing. Rhyme lets her eyes dance across both of them as well and cracks a fierce smile. She too says nothing, but Eveline feels the half-armored woman's eyes rest on her for just long enough to make her slightly uncomfortable.
    At Skojam's second enquiry for a strong drink, a small whirlwind of autumn-coloured leaves springs to life from the ground at his side. Within it emerges a man, clad in a gray robe and with a gold-adorned noteblock in his left hand. His hair is white as snow and combed back over his scalp, his visage marked by age with deep wrinkled lines.
    In his right hand he holds a cast-iron pen, and his face is locked in what is no-doubt a practiced expression of casual indiffirence.
    The whirlwind fades after a brief moment, but the man remained.
    "Good evening honoured brothers and sisters. It has come to my attention that your dining arrangements may not be satisfactory, and that will not do.
    My name is Kimorr, head caretaker of the noble beast Cindethyre. What do you require?"


    OOC: Greetings from your DM who is currently in Berlin! I've got a connection to the net, but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to use it all too often I'm afraid. I'll try my best to keep up with the RP, but I don't know if I can. 'till then, I'd reccomend you keep up the banter and get to know each other In-Character. Perhaps even do some planning? Anyways, glad to see the new players already active. Cheers!
     
  5. Dragonson

    Dragonson

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,655
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    Kimorr faces Arilia and smiles a dry, apologetic smile.
    "I'm afraid we do not stock imaginary concepts birthed by the minds of smoke-mazed* poets, honoured brother. Can I perhaps interest you in something which exists?"



    *Under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs.
     
  6. VeljkoM

    VeljkoM

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,553
    Resources:
    2
    Maps:
    1
    Tutorials:
    1
    Resources:
    2
    Eveline looked at strange man making odd requests. Something about him doesn't seem right.

    "So am I correct to assume that the trial went badly when everyone is looking forward to getting drunk. Mister Skojam and myself would be thankful if someone here would share the situation so far."

    Little too direct but Eveline didn't want anymore to be in the dark.

    OOC: Sky Green yes you got me it is reference to Le Pere Goriot, father even has similar background. Sorry i didn't see your OOC.
     
  7. VeljkoM

    VeljkoM

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,553
    Resources:
    2
    Maps:
    1
    Tutorials:
    1
    Resources:
    2
    Eveline listened carefully to the old man.

    "Pardon but am I to understand that the whole trial is charade to keep us here? Does everyone here agrees with... oh I am sorry, I didn't quite catch your name sir."

    OOC: I wouldn't say you should stop. In case of knowing player characters I would suggest first check with players themselves. Though keep in mind we aren't in modern age so information can't be as accurate as it is today, I personally find those little flaws believable, like making a mistake and assuming dwarf would drink dwarf beverage.
     
  8. Dragonson

    Dragonson

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,655
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    OOC - DM Message:
    Alright everyone, time out. The RP is now paused, and every post made after this one in this thread can safely be disregarded until I inform you all that the RP has resumed. The reasons for this will be posted in the post below, and in its continuation in the OOC thread.

    Alright...
    You all have my sincerest apologies, as what this post contains isn't fun for anyone and might lead to a bit of drama; I'm kicking a player.

    Specifically, I'm kicking frettory. As of this post, frettory is no longer part of this roleplay and no longer welcome in any of its threads. Should he wish to discuss this decision with me then he is free to send me a PM, as honestly I don't feel that the rest of you deserve being exposed to that.

    For those of you who don't care about the reasons why I'm doing this, you don't have to read any of what follows in this post nor what will be posted in this thread or the OOC thread until I inform you that the RP is resumed. I'll send all of you a VM when we're ready to start again.

    The reason that I'm pausing the RP is that there needs to be a slight cleanup in frettory's recent posts, and that we might end up doing a rewind back 'till the point in time where Eveline and Skojam have just been introduced as well as a few small retcons. Don't worry, it shouldn't take long.

    Now, regarding the reasons that I'm kicking frettory, I'm making a continuation of this post in the OOC thread. Please join me there if you want to know the reasons behind this deciscion or voice your opinion on it.


    EDIT: Due to mod intervention against frettory's rather extreme reaction to this a large chunk of the OOC thread was removed, including the continuation of this post. Since the mods may have other reasons than a mass wipe for removing it, I have no intentions of reposting it. If you wish to see it however, I will gladly send it to you in a PM.
     
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. Dragonson

    Dragonson

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,655
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    OOC - DM Message:
    Alright everyone, storm's over. I've been told that things got a little bit heated in my absence, and although I am actually not certain what it entailed frettory's posts have hence been removed from both this and the OOC thread.
    At any rate I am going to resume the RP. We're turning time backwards a little bit, resuming the RP just after Kimorr's arrival (this post):

    Concerning Arilia, he never arrived in Cindethyre along with the rest of the judges. Any actions relating to him since the arrival in the lounge will be considered non-canon. Should any issues regarding this arise, let me know and I'll fill in the gaps.

    Again, sorry for this mess. Cheers everyone, and merry christmas.

    -Roleplay Resumed-
     
  10. Wolffman

    Wolffman

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2014
    Messages:
    305
    Resources:
    1
    Maps:
    1
    Resources:
    1
    Magnus, speaks

    "Right,good hospitality ye 'ave 'ere. I'll 'ave some rum, if that's available, and get me some beer coated boar ribs, if that's possible, aye?
     
  11. VeljkoM

    VeljkoM

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,553
    Resources:
    2
    Maps:
    1
    Tutorials:
    1
    Resources:
    2
    The sudden appearance of Kimorr caught Eveline by surprise. She wasn't used to magic and by the looks of things she won't be used too anytime soon. At least it distracted her thoughts from the cheerful iron maiden.

    "A glass of wine would be appreciated kind sir. Also who would here be kind enough to fill in mister Skojam and myself regarding our purpose here?"

    Eveline was scored at herself for sounding so insecure but whole situation was more then she was used to.
     
  12. Dragonson

    Dragonson

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,655
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    Kimorr nods courtly.
    "Very well, rum and beer-coastd boar ribs will be served momentarily."
    He then disappears and reappears by Eveline's side, where he grabs hold of a nearby wine jug standing on the table and pours her a glass from it.
    As he pours, his gaze locked on the glass in front of him, he begins speaking.
    "As far as I am aware, you are the court's newest judges. As of right now, you're passing judgement unto a young noble, correct? Tolk, I believe."
     
  13. Wolffman

    Wolffman

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2014
    Messages:
    305
    Resources:
    1
    Maps:
    1
    Resources:
    1
    Magnus nods and talks "Avythir Tolk, claims of crime being that he single-handedly slaughtered Three-hundred o' his fellow folk. T'is some crazy shite, I tell ye!"
     
  14. GunSlinger

    GunSlinger

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1,465
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    "Once more, we are left with nothing, following the deaths of the witnesses recently" Drem adds.
     
  15. Dragonson

    Dragonson

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,655
    Resources:
    0
    Resources:
    0
    Rhyme takes a bite out of a large, red piece of goat meat, chews it thoroughly and nods approvingly.
    She swallows, then turns her gaze to Drem.
    "Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that one. I mean, I know that some of you soft-minded folks don't handle witnessing mass slaughter very well, but for all of them to cave in and kill themselves? Someone clearly didn't want any of those people to tell their story more than once."
     
  16. VeljkoM

    VeljkoM

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,553
    Resources:
    2
    Maps:
    1
    Tutorials:
    1
    Resources:
    2
    Eveline's face becomes pale as she listens.

    "We are to judge a murderer of 300 people? How does one even kill so many alone and why? And then he kills even the witnesses? Are we then next for participating in this trial?"

    As she finishes speaking, she takes a good sip of the wine to calm herself. Now was not the time to look weak she thought.