Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Live] The Autumn Court - Chapter One: Bloodheir

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Dragonson, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    The hall's lit centre is suddenly engulfed in a whirling cloud of smoke, the sounds of howling wind surging through the room.
    When the smoke fades Avithyr is gone, and in his place stands a tall man with long, pitch-black hair. He is wearing a black long-coat in the same style as Avithyr's, but unlike Avithyr he keeps it closed. It has a large amount of insignias, crests, medals and miscellaneous marks of honor or service sewed onto its chest.
    His facial features are sharp and his gaze is keen, his azure-blue eyes slowly scouting their surroundings. He has the aura of someone with a fierce intellect.
    His hands are not bound, and there is nothing visibly restricting his movement.
    His voice is deep and smooth.
    "Good evening."

2. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nameless Voice of Reason - Teyia smiled and nodded to herself, she rather liked that.
    The snap of the wind brought her back to attention and drew her gaze to the new figure standing at the head of the room.
    Jonas Tolk. The uncle of Avithyr.

What could he bring to the table? It looked like only time would tell.

She decided she would let the others talk first, they seemed more willing and she had always favored the eye over the tongue for interrogation. Kids, they could plot and lie as well as any noble family, if the risk was worth the reward, but even the very best of liars has a guilty heart - old or young, rich or poor. They were all only human, someone was bound to slip up... Eventually.

3. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jonas' gaze shifts towards Arilia, but the rest of him does not move an inch.
    "You assume that we had but a single duel. Your assumption tells me that your interrogation of my nephew was either piss-poor or that you've overlooked important information."
    Rhyme snickers.

4. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    "None of what you have just said is true, and even if you were trying to frame me I doubt you could prove any of it."
    Jonas scratches the back of his head.
    "Curious. I was under the impression that people of the law were at least smarter than the average bucket of porridge."

5. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Well. I think we got off on a wrong start." Drem speaks.
    "Please. Tell us what you can about the issue with your nephew with focus on the hours before the slaughter which I would believe he was with you, correct?"

6. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jonas faces Drem, ignoring Arilia completely.
    "He was with me up until four hours before the slaughter occurred. We had been training his swordsmanship since morning, and he was exhausted when he left me. I saw him again an hour before the slaughter occurred, when he came to my chambers seeking my assistance with understanding something he was reading. A book by a crycon author if I recall correctly."

OOC: NPC judges know diffirent things about the world than you, but nothing more than you do regarding the Autumn Court.

7. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    "'The Journey of Jen Myrdes', I believe it was."
    Jonas spoke absent mindedly, and his gaze moved around the room as if he was looking for something.

8. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    "I'm not familiar with this book, and whilst it's connection to the crime may very well be non-existent, if someone knows of it, please could they share a brief summary? It never hurts to be thorough," Teyia joined in.

9. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Syhr raises his voice.
    "Its a crycon legend. It speaks of a healer, Jen Myrdes, who follows a wolf spirit from battlefield to battlefield. In every place he tends to the wounded and listens to their stories, from the simple infantrymen to the greatest of generals. It is a fantastic piece of literature, and whether there is any merit to the myth or not it is a rather inspiring tale."
    Although he attempts to hide it, he speaks with obvious excitement.

10. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    OOC: I'm going to assume Drem has read this, so...

IC:
    Drem smiled as he learned of this.
    "Ah. That book. A wonderful literary art. Both you and your nephew have good tastes."

11. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    OOC: Makes sense.
    A little bit of lore, then:

Jen Myrdes is one of Urnung's 'Thirteen Revered', thirteen great people who allegedly performed feats of incredible heroism. Jen Myrdes is also known as 'Jen of the Ten Thousand Lives', referring the number of people he supposedly aided back to health.

There is some dispute, which even in current times divides scholars, regarding the legends of his 'Grand Vengeance'. These stories tell of how he would secretly seek out and inflict grevious wounds upon or outright kill the people whom he deemed ultimately responsible for the wounds he mended. While primarily warlords and generals, those pulling the strings of war, some of the victims of his vengeance were commonfolk that he found particularly despicable.
    In these particular stories the wolf spirit is sometimes despicted as a spirit of hate which Jen has to constantly keep in check, and which in spite of guiding him from place to place ultimately is more of a hindrance than a boon.

IC:
    Jonas smiles apologetically.
    "Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't read it myself. My nephew merely needed help with interpreting a crycon word."

12. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magnus replies, "And? Did ye interpret this word?"

13. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    "I did."
    For a moment Jonas is silent, and looks like he's playing with the idea of saying nothing more. In the end, however, he decides against it.
    "Although the crycon talk in grainspeak like the rest of us their version of it differs slightly in multiple places. One of these diffirences is a multitude of words which carry a special meaning, often something oddly specific, and-"
    "Get to the point." Rhyme interrupts, sounding somewhat annoyed.
    Jonas smiles, apparently quite amused by this.
    "The word which Avithyr needed my assistance with was one such word; 'blodarjvin'.
    Directly translated to common terms it means 'bloodheir', referring to someone who has inherited something unique from their forebearers."
    Syhr's silhouette stiffens upon hearing this, then nods slowly.
    "That makes sense. Jen was a 'blodarjvin', it was the source of his healing prowess."

14. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Whilst I can't help but think the two might be connected, I very much doubt that it is quite so simple ... Honestly, what you're suggesting there would imply madness of the highest order, insanity of the kind one could not help but to notice.
    Whilst he most certainly does harbour something of a temper, and his guilt for this crime still remains on trial, I do think it is safe to say that Avithyr's brain did not appear to be dripping out through his nose..." Teyia replied dryly.

"No. I do not think such an assumption will get us very far, some other - far more intelligible - explanation is needed here."

15. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jonas listenes in silence as Arilia and Teyia speak. He shakes his head as they finish, a look of faint disappointment on his face.
    "Who is this man who makes accusations and assumptions without being able to prove anything, and why is he here?"

16. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rhyme shifts in her seat, letting out a long sigh.
    "Alright, time out. Please remove Jonas from our pressence, we need to have a litle talk amongst ourselves."
    A spiral of smoke envelops Jonas, and when it is gone the room's centre is empty.
    Rhyme's silhouette faces Arilia. Where she was relaxed and leant back before she now seems tense, perhaps somewhat annoyed.
    "Okay kid, you still haven't told us your name so I'm going to refer to you as 'Moron'."
    She takes a deep breath.
    "You're a moron, Moron. You seem to spit out any random theory or conclusion whch passes through your mind, and you are actively antagonizing the people we need information from. You've completely shattered any illusion which they might have that we're a unified group, and made us all come off as incompetent fools.
    You're not helping. You're a detriment."
    A heavy silence falls upon the room as Rhyme finishes speaking. The only sound which can be heard is the quiet blowing of the wind.

17. frettory

frettory

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "No, Rhyme. All we know are what Avythir did, the book he read, the theory about the blodarjvin and the fact that any duke or heir in his right mind would not go out to slaughter his own civilians."

"We also know that you are dismissing several plausible motives for Avythir to commit this crime, so you are deliberately covering up something. You have also interrupted Avythir when he was answering a question."

"Perhaps miss-business-in-knowing-things can spill whatever she knows to us? You seem to have a lot of information on this particular case, and by not spilling it, you are actively helping Jonas and/or Avythir Tolk."

OOC: Are you trying to push the story in a certain direction?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  18. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Come on now. We shouldn't fight." Drem talks, a bit intimidated by the sudden change of atmosphere.
    "The less stressed we are the better our judgement will be. Please stop now."

19. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    "There you go again, speaking of mere theories as if they are facts! Everything you say is based on the idea that Avithyr did commit the crime, which is what we're trying to determine!
    All we know is that someone killed three hundred people in the course of one night, that the killer wielded two blades, that eye-witnesses spotted someone of Avithyr's likeness running through the streets, that his two siblings claim that they found him covered in blood in his bed the morning after.
    And this, this ridiculus story, you would accept for truth without questioning any of it? You've lapped up every bit of the story presented before you like a good little hungry pig, never once questioning the obvious faults in this absurd tale.
    Why would a blood-covered murderer just return hom and collapse in his bed without as much as changing his clothes?
    How does a young nobleman slay three hundred people entirely on his own, in the course of a single night? You really think nobody, not one among three hundred, would have had time to react and stuck a blade between his ribs?
    Here's some information for you; for every seven ordinary folks there's one more or less competent mage living in Silithiren. You really think nobody would have lobbed a ball of flame at him, impaled him on a spike of rock or collapsed his skull with a blast of destructive force?
    We haven't even listened to all the witnesses yet, and in spite of this you're already declaring that he's guilty and that I'm covering stuff up? Please, somebody give this man a medal!"
    Rhyme's silhouette moves about aggressively as she speaks. Its would not take a very big stretch of the imagination to imane her looking rather agitated at that moment.

OOC:
    Of course not.

20. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magnus, with a heavy sigh exclaims "Alright, that's enough, ye two. If I wanted to come to a hearing where people argue and yell like bloody bab-cocks, I would've stayed back in the Dwarven Lands! We have to come to a correct way of doing things here! We aren't competing against each other, we're all collectively judging an innocent or guilty fellow. You, the speculating fella', one advice, quit speculating. We're not here to write fictional whatnots, we are here, to determine who slaughtered those three-hundred people, and if Avythir is guilty or not, and the only thing your asinine theories confirm, is that you are most probably drunk, or simply insane."

Magnus grunts multiple times and his silhouette shuffles around in his seat, seeming quite frustrated.

"Listen ye inane cretin, accusing a fellow judge of covering up this story, and that without any worthwhile evidence, is complete buffoonery. Instead of helping us move forward, your theories and your ideas of making them speak the truth, is moving us backwards. I'd kindly request you, to keep yer mouth shut until you find something actually plausible. Am I clear on that, or will you claim that I am hiding something on this investigation aswell? Hmmm?

Anyways, enough o' that. Drem, Rhyme, and anyone else who can put up a legitimate reasoning behind this, please speak yer mind, I wish to know what you think of it."