• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The AI Editor

Level 1
Can you explain to me as to how you can make the AI train units and use those specific units to attack a base without draining the current units created via World Editor?

Last edited:
Level 1
I was just curious since, there was an implementation to view Blizzard Campaigns in a new update and I saw in the Night Elf campaign that the one Naga base trains units and uses those specific ones and not the other units created manually with the World Editor.

Last edited:
does anyone know how to get map editor when it doesn't show up when you download wc3
This thread is about AI making.

For your issue, go to C: then Program Files then find Warcraft 3. Inside that folder, find the _64 folder or something similar. Editor is hidden there.

Level 8
About the AI Editor, where can I find Blizzard Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data? I couldn't set Computer (Insane) inside the World Editor with Fixed Player Settings enabled. Only can set Computer (Insane) inside the WC3 game lobby. I don't want that because it can be opened or closed in the computer's team of my own map. I like the way Computer (Insane) building faster, smart with moves, and fighting like hell. I really need Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data. I tried to build one in my AI Editor and it is getting close to it now, but just 1 problem, one is that the builder don't go for detecting to find other gold mine and go there to see if it's safe for to build other town hall near gold mine, and build everything again as second base, while some army are guarding the second base, you know. I need Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data for my own map to play melee game 6 vs 18. Here the map with AI Editor that I am working on. This is 1v1 Blizzard map testing the AI Editor. I am trying to get it to work like Computer (Insane). I am not sure if you know what I am trying to say about Computer (Insane). Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• BootyBayAI1.w3x
    129.5 KB · Views: 58
Level 18
what defines a "useful item" to an AI? higher level? how does the AI choose what items to pick up?

edit: priority setting in the object editor is what AIs use to decide what item to pick up. 1000=most valuable, 0=least valuable.

Last edited:
Level 18
I had similar problem. I forgot how I fixed it. I vaguely remember there being a few different expansion functions. One of them was the one you want.
JASS:
call BuildExpansion (TOWN_HALL, TOWN_HALL)

The alterative fix was to just put a condition.

JASS:
function UpdateConditions takes nothing returns nothing
    set gCond_Need_Town_Hall = ( ( GetUnitCount( TOWN_HALL ) ) < 2 )
endfunction
JASS:
    if gCond_Need_Town_Hall then
        call BuildExpansion (TOWN_HALL, TOWN_HALL)
    endif

There might be a better way but I think this is how I did it. I don't remember 100%.