1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The 2016 Hack

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So nice to verify that my 15 year old Hotmail never got pawned! :p

EDIT: Ah, I seemed to recall changing the Hive associated e-mail to the gmail account. And it seems I did.

2. Fang

Fang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Phew, I'm still fine :)
    Btw the hack would be a good reference for my comic lol

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I had my password reset but the password I was using was much older that 2016. I probably set it around 2008 odd or even before. Never really bothered to update it since I cannot imagine THW passwords having any real value or use to them as it is a gaming site with as good as 0 interlinking. Of course all my other accounts use completely different passwords, especially ones with monetary value attached to them.

4. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    LastPass seems to be a browser extension. Seems inconvenient compared to KeePass. KeePass supports multiple databases, so you can have an additional one to share for reading, which is a 'premium' feature for LastPass. KeePass also supports auto-fill (highlight entry > Ctrl+V), another 'premium' feature for LastPass ('LastPass for Applications'). Also a 'premium' feature is '1GB encrypted file storage', have they not heard of Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.

5. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just changed mine after a little complication with old email, oh and it was the same password I set from 2007. Milestone, I guess?

6. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I haven't looked into it but how do you sync your Keepass to your phone then? I have Lastpass wherever I go and can even sign in on random computers by going to lastpass.com.

7. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have my .kdbx file in my Dropbox and use KeePass2Android to access it on my phone. For web, I've used KeeWeb to access the file in my Dropbox.

8. ZethHolyblade

ZethHolyblade

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Managed to login. I was unaware of this website being hacked before.

That link you posted sent me to a place where says my email leaked from a chat service caled "xat" something I've been a part of :confused:

9. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What about people who have identical IP address?

10. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm doing the best I can, but it's not bullet proof. I am relying on the fact that Hive isn't a stock exchange.:mwahaha:

11. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guess my almost 20 year old Hotmail account is fine.

12. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good thing that after redwing.asingaurd got banned, he took out his vengeance on me by taking the Retera account password and email and changing them to something new for himself. This milestone meant that my password and email on this site both changed last year. Otherwise, I might still be using an old one from 2008

13. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hehe, mine was from 2006 - actually thought I had changed it since, but well this made me notice I hadn't. Quite fun to discover one place where I didn't have like a 25+ digit pass.

14. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Wow, thx man, 6 breaches ><

15. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Glad to know it is not just me who is reading my dummy email account full of spam emails :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  16. Zirukurt01

Zirukurt01

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's no Hiveworkshop on recently pwned websites.
    The only password they pwned from my email is the 2nd weakest one, leetspeak password.