• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #27 - Mechanize/Curse of Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Just this one called "Tiki King", taken out of tons of projects/stuff to do. :/
Using Photoshop CS6. Here's mine: :)

Since Mountain Giants are elementals, not fully mechanicals. I started to make one for trolls, a wood-tiki giant one.
tikiking-jpg.287221
OHHHHHHH

This is my final sudmission. I've watched Starwars recently... got inspired to create Droid worker type of character.

1.JPG

-=Screenshot=-

screenshot_robot.png

-=Work in progress=-
test.png test2.png

-=Texture=-
MurgulTidewarrior.png

Attachments

• MurgulTidewarrior.blp
    278.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
This is my final sudmission, I'll edit this post once I've got all the requirements. But yeah here it is. :D I've watched Starwars recently... got inspired for some Droid worker type of character.

Ingame screenshot incoming, and perhaps an Icon if I have the time.

View attachment 287459
Spot on! Hope it looks good ingame. It reminded me of your Concept art contest entry.

Also the rules said it should be submitted into the skins section. Meanwhile, will continue my entry this weekend. I need that money XD.

Level 25
I've stumbled upon a lot of problems with my current texture. It should've been done days ago, but there's a lot of shit that goes down hill when I downscale the texture. It's almost impossible to remove the back fins without getting holes in the model and I added the "Team Color Signs" to the wrong tris, so there won't be any team color there. Because I'm really getting bored with this texture.

All I've left part from fixing all these alpha problems is the contrast and blurriness. Apparently I didn't learn anything from my last Ancient texture and cluttered the texture just as bad as before and now it looks like a pixelated mess. But seeing how my motivation for this texture is dying - I really don't want to work on stuff I find boring - I'll most likely just fix the alpha problems and be done with it.

WIPs/Final later today.

Edit
Nevermind, got bored with it.

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
@Arowanna NONESENSE! Submit that lovely work of art ASAP! Does it really look that bad in 512x512? Why would you remove the back fins? Leave them on, they look great.

@Mr.Goblin Remember to submit your final entry to the skin resource section.

@Chen It's coming along nicely.

@~Nightmare Have at it! ;)

@HappyTauren Did you submit it to the skin resource section?

@HappyTauren Did you submit it to the skin resource section?

No, should I, really? I mostly posted this as a tongue-in-cheek joke after going through the rules, and realizing there is no minimum texture size. Technically my submission follows all rules except for the wip-before-deadline preview, because I made it in 5 minutes and didn't have a WIP (which is why I attached a 256x256 version just to make sure).

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
In order to enter the contest and be eligible to win a prize, contestants must submit their final entry to the Skin Resource section.

Please for the love of [insert loved one here] submit your final entries to the resource section!

I'm already working on getting 10 years of contests (spells, icons, maps, textures, models) entries organized and submitted to the resource section under the respective authors username/account. It takes forever!

Also:

You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.

The reason for this rule is obvious, while I trust you personally, we cannot make exceptions for this rule.

The reason for this rule is obvious, while I trust you personally, we cannot make exceptions for this rule.

Well, if you really want it, I can always conjure a "WIP" where I delete a part of the layer I worked on and say it is my WIP, but I can't give you an actual WIP on something that was literally finished in 5-10 minutes. I have my gimp working file for this, though. If my entry is causing any trouble, don't make exceptions for it, just don't accept it, I am not going to win anything anyways (and if I do it'd be a serious blow to this contest because it would mean people are troll-voting), so I can just drop out of the competition because this was more a joke than anything and I don't want special treatment or to cause drama.

I hope at least a few people got the chuckle out of it.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well, if you really want it, I can always conjure a "WIP" where I delete a part of the layer I worked on and say it is my WIP, but I can't give you an actual WIP on something that was literally finished in 5-10 minutes. I have my gimp working file for this, though. If my entry is causing any trouble, don't make exceptions for it, just don't accept it, I am not going to win anything anyways (and if I do it'd be a serious blow to this contest because it would mean people are troll-voting), so I can just drop out of the competition because this was more a joke than anything and I don't want special treatment or to cause drama.

I hope at least a few people got the chuckle out of it.
I know ;) it made me smile when I saw your entry.

If you really want to enter, then post that wip because reasons ;)

Level 25
Holy, I just went reformatting my laptop without saving the latest version of the Naga I made. Silly me. Waaaaa
That sucks. Are you going to enter with something else or remake it? Or do you've an old version laying about? o:

Just hit the point where it's just not fun for me anymore lol. I probably won't be able to finish it in time unless I suddenly feel motivated but if not, maybe I'll continue it someday as an entry for the Timeless Texturing.
Know the feeling. I really like your entry though!

Status
Not open for further replies.