• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #18 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

1goevm.jpg

texturing.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
8.png

poll.png

UI
Contestants are to create a User Interface skin. Contestants may use any race as a base.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

judges.png
  • shiiK
  • Dentothor
contest%20judging.png

Shading and Highlights
Is the skin shaded? Is the shading and Highlights appropriate? Does the shading fallow a consistent light source? Are metallic regions shaded correctly?/25%

Originality and Creativity
How original is this skin? Is it something new and interesting, or is it to creative? Does the skin have any resemblance to the original, or is it so different you need to tell us what it wraps around? Does the skin have a good underlying concept and idea?/25%

Texture Detail
Is the skin Blurry? How well are the detail created on the skin? Are the patterns, armor, joints and seams in new and innovative places or the same spot as the original skin? How well are the patterns created? How 3-dimensional does the texture make flat portions of the skin appear?/25%

In-Game Dynamics
How well does the skin work in WC3? Is the minimap, portrait, etc obstructed by the texture? Does it fit with WC3's art style?/25%
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:
Level 48
Pyramidh@d's UI was great. It had all the required features, didn't look too plain and it followed a nice theme. My only concerns are that the cyan rust looks kind of strange, at least to me, and that it doesn't seem very useful. Also, there seems to be a problem with the minimap. A few rows of black pixels show up on the corners(you should've covered them).

Tr!KzZ's UI is awesome as well, but the distracting dragons, the plain inventory cover, and the fact there are literally no inventory holders\icons(it's just blank space) downgrade this UI for me.

Kwaliti's UI was simply awesome. It fits a good theme, it has a lot of details, it looks very polished and overall awesome. The only problem I noticed was the icy 'command buttons'. They just distract the eye a lot, they were rather sketchy-looking, and they were bigger than actual buttons. I think it would've been best if those were left black, as they are just plain ugly, to me at least.

67chrome's UI was cool, but sort of messy and blurry. The primary stat area was especially messy, as well as the area that is usually black when you select a group of units. The command button covers were better than Kwaliti's, but I think it still would've been better if you left them black with some sort of border separating them. The black outline was just plain ugly, and made the UI look a lot worse than it actually was.

On a side note, 67chrome's UI was the most annoying one to get to work in-game.

My vote goes to Kwaliti. Good job to all competitors, and I really think everyone did an awesome job, but I do like Kwaliti's UI more than the others. It's just personal preference. A close 2nd would've been Pyramidhe@d, for me.

Level 12
Kwaliti and Tr!kzZ are nearly evenly matched in awesomeness.
Tr!kzZ's UI is very original and his execution is astounding.
However I choose Kwaliti's UI, because its execution is equally awesome and its concept is more related to Warcraft.

Level 18
Thanks for your opinions, sadly I had no time to edit it further.. especially the Inventory Cover.. Thought about some shiny eyes that look at you from that dark cave.. but ended kinda strang :/

(Gonna upload a edited version with inventorycover and icon slots in the skin section)

Good Luck to all participants!! Nice UI's so far :)

Level 2
I like texture made by Kwaliti - the empty abilities slots looks very nice to me
And...I like ice and frozen things so Voted for Kwaliti

Level 2
Voted for Pyramidhe@d's, because there was no inventory-cover like in 67chrome and Tr!KzZ (but they were still great), and most of required things were done.

Pyramidhe@d: Looks really sexy, but too 'edgy', especially at the top, where it is just a straight line, as if you cut off a part of the texture.

Tr!KzZ: This is actually quite artistic, however, it doesn't really fit in Warcraft 3, and it is kind of in my opinion too cartoony(though this is deliberate, I assume).

Kwaliti: Absolutely awesome...except for the inventory and ability slots. They look just wierd, like the ice is overflowing.

67chrome: Very, very, very detailed. It is excellent, but it kinda needs more 'fijazz', like adding some sexy new things, but it is just rows of purple stalatites.

Overall, I have to go with Kwaliti. The only thing I disliked was the slots, but that's minor. Good job to everyone however.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Sorry, I've been terribly busy the last three-four weeks. Will get my judging done ASAP.

Edit: I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.