• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #7 - Holy/Angelic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The Hive Workshop

ssalt-3463-angelic-sunset.jpg

Texturing Competition #7

Contest Theme: Holy/Angelic

Each contestant must create a Holy/Angelic themed skin. Can be a angel, Paladin, or some sort of holy creature.

Contest Rules And Conditions

1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rule.

2. Model must be existing in Warcraft 3 already.

3. No model edits are allowed.

4. To qualify, you must post your finished skin's .blp file as well as an ingame shot.

• Rule 3a. This finished skin must be submitted before the deadline.

5. You must make an original texture for this competition.
    • No using skins started/made before the start of the contest.

6. Textures must be no larger than 256 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 512 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 256 when submitted.

7. Skin must be atleast 75% Freehand!

8. Along with the 75% freehand, the skin must ALSO follow the skin submission rules

Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).

• 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Prizes, Winnings, Booty & Bounty

• First Place: A custom award icon as well as 40 rep
  • Second Place: 25 rep. points
  • Third Place: 10 rep. points

Contest Dates And Deadline

Each skin must be complete and submited before the deadline expires. All submissions willl be looked at carefully to make sure all of it is original work.

The contest shall begin on March 11 2008 and conclude on

April 12 2008 12:00 AM, (GMT).​

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
As of this moment, if anyone goes as far as touching the harpy skin files, he/she will be shot.
In other words: In.

loooser! :p
anyway, I'll make a harpy.

*Shock!* Oh no you dih-ent. :p

I actually have alot done already. I've had nothign better to do all afternoon, so I have about 4 hours of skinning complete.

Is it possible to have partial transparency or does wc3 make it 1bit transparency? If I have a half transparent picel via alpha, will it be half see through? It doesnt seem so, but maybe theres a way to do it.

And about the doubling.....

If someone starts skinning the lich I may spam their email until they decide to do another model. Maybe, Maybe not. you've been warned.

Level 21
*Shock!* Oh no you dih-ent. :p

I actually have alot done already. I've had nothign better to do all afternoon, so I have about 4 hours of skinning complete.

Is it possible to have partial transparency or does wc3 make it 1bit transparency? If I have a half transparent picel via alpha, will it be half see through? It doesnt seem so, but maybe theres a way to do it.

And about the doubling.....

If someone starts skinning the lich I may spam their email until they decide to do another model. Maybe, Maybe not. you've been warned.

I'll use the lich, then. Thanks for the idea

Last edited:
Level 25
Darn, I wished I had more time for this but
school is taking up all my time...
Very well, this was my idea, that
maybe, with 1% chanse, will be finished...

Seraphim.jpg Warden.jpg

Yes, a Seraphim from Sacred 2 and have
"her" as a base and make a Seraphim out of the The Warden.
If anyone wants to use this idea,
feel free couse I wont have time anyway...

No... No WIP yet couse I have no time :/

Level 9
lol k ask yourself now why did a fallen angel fall? because they lost there wings no? that why my fallen angels gonna have artificial wings lol =p

fakewings.jpg

wait, what? Fallen angels... fallen... do you know what a fallen angel is?? Why a fallen angel is a demon. Dah wiki says so and thats like umm tha mondern bible soe yea, you made a demon for a holy contest gg.

"The Grigori then fell in love with human women. According to the text, some of the Grigori even took wives and created offspring, giants known as the Nephilim. This made God so angry that he cursed those Grigori who had betrayed Him, threw them out of Heaven, made them mortal and transformed them into demons."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_angel

Level 9
but but but >< guess umm idk ill w8 see what a moderator says its not exactly a fallen angel im just going to do some angel thingy make him in white with hoyl runes and stuff would that be ok???

Level 17
I'll use the lich, then. Thanks for the idea

You are an evil, evil little peonpeasant.

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM.

Whatever, Unless the finished skins look really similar its all the same to me, I was just being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic.

Mine is actually mostly finished. Maybe I'll try to enter twice, if you're actually going to use the lich. I'll finish this skin, see what everyone else is doing, then I'll make sure I don't use the same model when i make a second.

Someone should make a UI.

Last edited:
Level 17
Well... No source material, this just came out of my head. Although I was loosely inspired by D&D Inevitables (mechanical celestial creatures that enforce law) this doesn't look particularly like any of them.

I'm not planning on posting the unwrap of it until its finished unless I have to.

To Do:
1. Finish the other 3/4 of the headress
2. Add the tiny details (this is a rough so far, it needs more details)
3. Add more teamcolor
4. Maybe change the detail shape on the face more. (make the eyes look less evil)
5. Fix some small wrapping issues.
5. Finish the chin thingy
6. Make face a bit less skully
7. Just more new stuff in general

But this is what I got finished today.

I spend like 10 minutes on my screenshots (they look pretty), maybe 15.

And I'd like to note that blizzard did a godawful wrap of the lich's ribcage.

and Model Notes:
1. No teeth, I went for a less emotional look on the face.
2. The bottom section of the mouth is actually in 3 sections, but you need to look close to see them.
3. The Horns are done, I gave them a shiny esque metal texture (if someone has suggestions on how to improve them I will try them and see how they turn out.
4. The back of the headress is just more white cloth at the moment and I don't know what I will change it to.

So what do you think so far? it's less done than I initially thought, but still coming along nicely.

Attachments

• HeroLichHolyPre.jpg
    HeroLichHolyPre.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 236
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Level 9
hey guys here is my wip, still a lot shits to do, damn dreadlord they inverted a lot of things on his body, im still trying to make some shapes what i want to get... also a lot of details need to go in, but this is enought so you can understand my idea

wip-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.