• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #4 - Reskin the Chaos Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was just my opinion on the model.

i'd rather drop it before I start saying things I don't really think.

@Mech: Actually, when I said face, I was mostly speaking of a portrait face animation. This one has a helmet, so there was no need for facial anims, and it looks better this way. Nearly every Blizz models has a face, but they're only detailed on the portrait.

Level 1
The model is great. When I used to skin we had no custom models. The wraping is little poor but you just need to spend more time testing it. I prolly won't finish for the deadline it don't matter though I'll finish it later.

Level 15
We old skool Mock

Attachments

• Rarr.jpg
    Rarr.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Level 21
I did say I hated working on the model, but the original model and skin rock.

You have to admit it IS a bit limiting for a contest model. It's hard to get really creative (as in, using parts of the model for something else than it was supposed to be) on this model.
The model is made to be warrior, and that's what's annoying, it'll stay a "warrior". That and the lack of face. Which is by no way your fault, just the contest organiser(s).

My two cents, anyway.

My guy has a face :p
Yeah, I'd prefer we be able to pick a unit ourselves instead of being stuck to one model, but meh, what do I know anyway? :ugly:

Level 26
My guy has a face :p
Yeah, I'd prefer we be able to pick a unit ourselves instead of being stuck to one model, but meh, what do I know anyway? :ugly:
@Mech: Actually, when I said face, I was mostly speaking of a portrait face animation. This one has a helmet, so there was no need for facial anims, and it looks better this way. Nearly every Blizz models has a face, but they're only detailed on the portrait.
It's the equivalent to the footman texturing comp. Armor is armor. You can change it, but it will still have armor-ish attributes.

Level 45
The competition will close soon, I suggest EVERYONE get their entries ready. Thats means:

• Rule 1: No skin may violate any site rules.
  • Rule 2: Your texture must be atleast 75% freehand, this will be determined by a judge (myself).
  • Rule 3: You must post atleast one WIP preview of your entry before the deadline expires.
  • Rule 4: You must post your entry as a .blp and an ingame shot before the deadline expires. All files must be physically attached to a post in this thread.
  • Rule 5: You may not edit the model in any way, this includes the unwrap and adding of particles.
  • Rule 6: The dimensions of your final entry have to be no larger than 256x256.
  • Rule 7: You must make the texture for this competition, no old textures can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.