• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #3 - Demonic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
texturingcompetitionjk7.gif

Texturing Competition #3

The theme for the Texturing Competition #3 is Demonic-Units.

For this competition, you are required to modify the texture of an existing model within Warcraft 3 (model selection is optional). You must then reskin the model of your choice into a demonic being.

Here's are some examples for demon concept art:

http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/demon_4.jpg
http://d2.xhost.ro/images/Diablo-2.jpg
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_feature_219_picMain_en.jpg

Deadline: The 22nd of June - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

Rules and Guidelines:
  • The model must be an existing unit within Warcraft 3.
  • No model edits are permitted.
  • The skin has to be atleast 75% freehand created.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP skin preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your .blp and an ingame screenshot.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the textures for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old skins.
  • Textures must be no larger than 256 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 512 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 256 when submitted.
Prize: +75 Reputation Points & a Special Award Icon.

Last edited:
Level 17
Deadline: The 22th of June - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

Rules and Guidelines:
  • The model must be an existing unit within Warcraft 3.
  • No model edits are permitted.
  • The skin has to be atleast 75% freehand created.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP skin preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your .blp and an ingame screenshot.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the textures for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old skins.
  • Textures must be no larger than 256 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 512 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 256 when submitted.
Prize: +75 Reputation Points & a Special Award Icon.

Just as a note, its a 22nd and im in, but as for the ingame screenshot, does Warcraft 3 Viewer be accepted as Ingame as I have not got the game. How would we resize it and how big is 256x256? Anyhow, although I'm going to lose, I'm in! Oh yeah, what's the exact time it finishes?

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I feel like entering, but I need an idea.

EDIT: Shit, too many ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Your comp just crashed?!?
Damn Wulf..whens everything gonna be back in order for you then?

And heres a WIP shot of my skin
The Eredar Annihilator
Im gonna skin the bear into a Felbeast that this guy transforms into

Attachments

• Face WIP.JPG
    Face WIP.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 205
Level 8
Lol thanks a lot, Supa- :p
That IS freaky holy crap. My favorite parts are the mask and the spikes, especially the blood on top of the spikes. Awesome idea with the polka dots hankerchief. The only problem it blends in with the overalls so it looks like all one piece, or that the overalls end at the hankerchief.

It would have been cool if the top of the boots could have been the bottom of the overalls, you had some kind of large socks for the part in between the feet and top of the boots, and made the bottom of the boots re d like clown shoes. Know what i mean?

Overall it looks amazing and i'm seriously going into the fetal position from it

Level 18
Another WIP
Still haven't touched the bear form to make him into the Felhound

Need ideas for his hair though
Make it kinda like braids?

Attachments

• Face WIP.JPG
    Face WIP.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 203
  • WIP body.JPG
    WIP body.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 161

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Why is the face so nicely contrasted and yet the tentacles are completely blurry and undefined?

Level 12
Sorry The_end but it is the same color as Unbroken dudes and do Eredar have tentacles? They do but not that many. Unbroken are the ones who have taht many, they have all like "ughadfgnaklghgaldfgakl" with their tentacles flying everywhere and crap like that. maybe you should remove some tentacles like Chriz. said, althoguh wouldn't that be considred editing the model or are you going to use your mad skinnign skills to do it?

BTW: Just started mine, I think its gonna be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.