1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Test of Faith v1.08b

Submitted by MStylo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Melee micro simulator with lots of choice involved.

Fight your everyday foes to earn the gods favor. Manage fate of your units utilizing what's being offered as best as you can.

Map contains no modified or altered units and provides high variety of enemies you get to either encounter or control.
No heroes allowed!

Features & Details

-waves are randomly generated out of group of randomed units making every wave unique (following certain patterns)
-waves get stronger over time (set by chosed difficulty)
-several playable game modes adding extra flavour and challenge
-check Help(F9) for useful commands

Gameplay Details
-once you kill all spawned enemies, summons die along with them
-enemy spawns with 200 movement speed which is reset to default as soon as you attack
-you are locked within the circular area - leaving is punished by death
-as soon as 1/3 of enemies remains, you have 50 seconds until whole area gets covered by decay slowly draining 3 + 1% max health & mana/sec (prevents from exploiting but also can be punishing lategame if you lack damage)

Difficulty Settings
Easy - Starting army: 14 food, Starting food cap: 22, Enemy strength level increases every 7 days, Enemy has 60% chance for a random research every day.
Normal - Starting army: 14 food, Starting food cap: 20, Enemy strength level increases every 5 days, Enemy has 75% chance for a random research every day.
Hard - Starting army: 12 food, Starting food cap: 20, Enemy strength level increases every 3 days, Enemy has 100% chance for a random research every day.

Reward System

How it works:

Every rolled Forces in rewards have 20%(+1% per research) chance to belong to a research you already own. For example to increase chances for a Necromancer you need either Necromancer Adept/Master Training or Skeletal Mastery.
Researches have 30% chance to be tied to a unit you currently own. Starting with Archers & Huntresses is quite likely to offer Strength of the Moon.
Aid options increase chances to recieve healing as an option if your army is low on health. If Sacred Pillar is lower than 10%, chance to repair it takes over.
Spells may offer Mass Dispel only if units are negatively affected.
Items (mode) are pure rng.

Options to recieve new units get hidden as soon as you have no spare food. Instead, you get offered food supply.

Day 1

[​IMG]
(1) Level 3 Forces
(2) Level 3 Forces with Heal ability
(3) Aid
(4) Research
(5) Spells
(6) Items (Items mode on req.)

Day 2

[​IMG]
(1) Level 3 Forces
(2) Level 3 Forces / Random Level 3 Forces / Replace
(3) Aid
(4) Research
(5) Spells

Day 3

[​IMG]
(1) Level 4 Forces
(2) Level 4 Forces / Random Level 4 Forces
(3) Level 6 Forces at cost of paying food supply
(4) Aid
(5) Research

Day 4

[​IMG]
(1) Level 3 Forces
(3) Aid
(4) Research
(5) Sacrifice all units to summon high level neutral

Day 5

[​IMG]
(1) Level 3 Forces
(3) Aid
(4) Research
(5) Spells

Day 6

[​IMG]
(1) Level 4 Forces
(2) Level 4 Forces / Random Level 4 Forces
(3) Aid
(4) Research
(5) Day 7 enrage to recieve extra supply

Day 7

[​IMG]
(1) Level 5 Forces
(2) Level 5 Forces / Random Level 5 Forces
(3) Aid
(4) Research
(5) Items (Items mode on req.)
(6) Divine

Images may differ little thanks to new patch.

Game Modes
Sacred Pillar Destructible: makes it necessary to defend. If it falls, you loose. Starts at 2000/1500/1000 health and gains 20/15/10 at the end of every day.

Items: All units possess inventory. Adds an item reward option every day.

Supply Decay: At the end of every week subtracts 2 food supply.

Challenges: Every week challenges you to fulfill a task. Sucess is rewarded, failure is punished (opens up new dialog with options at the end of week).

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Changelogs

v1.08b
-fixed Spells options being broken
-added in-game hint about "-air" command when becomes viable first time
-some minor tweaks fixed & improved
-fixed "-color r" command sometimes randomizing same colors

v1.08
-new game mode
Challenges
-items now drop on the ground upon death
-Items mode reworked - now offers an item reward every day. Many new items added to the pool. No longer level day specific, instead some items are offered with supply penalty
-decay timer increased from 40 to 50 seconds
-decay damage rescaled from 2% of max health to 3 + 1% of max health (same for mana)
-day 6 Enrage option strength from 50% to 40%
-option enemies spawn Crippled increased from 40% to 60%
-option enemies spawn Polymorphed increased from 30% to 60%
-option enemies spawn Rooted increased from 50% to 80%
-option enemies spawn Faerie Fired increased from 60% to 70%
-added all missing level 3 neutral units to the forces pool except Battle Golem (chance to roll race units in comparison to neutrals increased)
-added all missing level 4 neutral units to the forces pool except Enraged Elemental (chance to roll race units in comparison to neutrals increased)
-added all missing level 5 neutral units to the forces pool except Infernal Contraption (chance to roll race units in comparison to neutrals slightly increased)
-added all missing level 6 neutral units to the forces pool except Draenei Seer
-added all missing level 7 neutral units to the forces pool except Harpy Queen (Day 7 attackers pool included)
-added all missing level 8 neutral units to the forces pool except Infernal (Day 7 attackers pool included)
-added all missing level 9 neutral units to the forces pool (Day 7 attackers pool included)
-modified warcraft 3 bug - parasite lasting forever on high level creeps
-fixed "-air" command not working properly while devouring ground unit
-fixed few bugs with possession
-fixed Gargyole not keeping inventory after leaving Stone Form
-fixed rare bug with glaive thrower occuring twice as option

v1.07
-
greatly improved reward system - every option except Items now considers player's current state increasing chances to offer more appealing options (used to be pure rng)
-removed Sacrifice options on days 2 & 6
-added +40% of missing health to all units, +50% of missing mana to all units, Sacred Pillar 100 armor next day to Aid options
-added new Spells options on days 1/2/5
-removed Mass Dispel from Aid options (now contained in Spells)
-added new Enrage option on day 6
-added health & mana loss decay to prevent from exploiting in order to regenerate
-added limit of how many siege units can spawn in a single wave (to prevent too many spawning especially in the early game)
-level 6 creep reward no longer costs 3 supply but 2 (unless your army strength is high)
-reworked notification warning about orbs (Gryphons & Huntresses can no longer carry them)
-fixed orbs modifying units attack indexes (fe. flying machine wouldn't need Bombs research to attack ground)
-if Sacred Pillar Destructible is on, idle enemies will now attack the pillar instead of chasing player units
-added all different types of neutral trolls & wolves into reward pool (keeping the same chance to roll)
-fixed replace abom/druid/knight/tauren not keeping items
-enemy no longer researches cannibalize/stone form
-fixed enemy Spirit Walker occasionally using Spirit Form
-fixed several issues with "-reward" command
-fixed some minor issues

v1.06c
-added sound effect 1 second before reward window appears (should help to prevent accidental picks)
-fixed losing benefit of picking "race units next week" as soon as double research shows up
-items now spawn closer to the pillar

v1.06b
-fixed recieving same research twice as an option
-fixed reincarnation issue messing defenders level counter (occured when unit died while another unit was reincarnating)

v1.06
-added extra research option when your current food is equal or higher than your food cap
-using Sacrifice all units for a powerful neutral will now cause to spawn no flying units on following day 6 and maximum of 2 units on day 3
-hard difficulty Sacrifice all units for a powerful neutral week 3 is now 1 level higher (8 to 9)
-added Rock Golem & Elder Sasquatch to level 6 unit reward pool
-added all 4 other types of Dragon Whelps into level 3 rewards (however chance to roll remains the same as it was one unit - previously only Red Whelp)
-added "-color r" command
-multiboard now stretches wider upon selecting rewards (no longer overlaps orc researches)
-some UI & Info(F9) text updates

v1.05
-new game mode
Supply Decay
-added new reward on day 3 - level 6 neutral at cost of 3 supply
-enemy strength on all difficulties now grows faster (hard affected mostly)
-hard difficulty Sacrifice all units to summons high level neutral level advantage removed
-pillar health on easy & normal difficulties reduced to 2000/1500 (20/15 growth)
-fixed bug with health/mana specials not working properly in every case
-health/mana specials are now being randomed every time a level 2 unit is rolled instead of being fixed (for example Batrider always had 85 heal to 3 units)
-aid option 150 mana to all units reduced to 125
-level 2 units special 85 heal to 3 random units increased to 100
-level 2 units special 50 mana to 3 random units increased to 100
-level 2 units special 20 heal to all units increased to 30
-level 2 units special 15 mana to all units increased to 20
-removed Bronze Dragon Whelp & Nether Dragon Hatchling from level 3 unit reward pool
-added Fire Revenant & Quillboard Hunter & Gnoll Warden to level 3 unit reward pool
-removed Tuskarr Trapper from level 4 unit reward pool
-added Giant Spider & Eredar Sorcerer & Giant Sea Turtle to level 4 unit reward pool
-removed Satyr Soulstealer & Ogre Magi from level 5 unit reward pool
-added Tuskarr Sorcerer & Unbroken Darkweaver to level 5 unit reward pool
-removed Queen of Suffering from Sacrifice all units reward pool
-added Razormane Chieftain & Nerubian Queen & Ancient Wendigo to both enemy day 7 spawn pool and player Sacrifice all units pool
-added Magnataur Warrior & Elder Sasquatch to enemy day 5 spawn pool
-removed Staff of Negation from level 3 item reward pool
-added Scroll of Protection to level 3 item reward pool
-added Scroll of Healing & Scroll of Mana to level 5 item reward pool
-fixed several inventory issues
-added "-modes" command
-removed slightly advantageous chance to roll some level 2 units in rewards (Archer, Priest, Shaman...)
-fixed reincarnation bug when you were able to continue to play after pillar being destroyed
-divine aid units now head back faster if forced out the circle by flying enemy units
-added lightning effect on wards being killed outside the circle

v1.04
-introduced game modes: added
Sacred Pillar Destructible & Items
-removed -tech command. Research Status board is now visible at all times also showing current week and day
-bonus 85 heal or 50 mana to 3 random units can no longer pick just spawned unit

v1.03
-food supply reward is now reduced from 2 to 1 if your units level is higher than enemy+10
-added commands to change player's, ally's, enemy's color (-color # / -color ally # / -color enemy #)
-time before 1w/1d wave spawns increased by 2 seconds
-bonus 65 heal to 3 random units increased to 85 (Gargoyle, Batrider, Hippogryph reward)

v1.02
-fixed a major issue with map not showing in game
-first two weeks now spawn maximum of 1 air unit (0 if you have less than 2 units able to attack air)
-faerie dragons can no longer spawn first week
-no longer spawns more than one kodo/destroyer on the same wave
-added lightning effect when killed for leaving the area
-improved endgame message now also showing difficulty you played on
-new loadscreen image

v1.01
-release

Videos & Thanks

BTNFrostShield icon by Darkfang
BTNFireSwordBlue icon by 67chrome

Origin idea from a custom map in my beloved PC game of my childhood Celtic Kings: Rage of War <3

I did my best on enemy behaviour so you never have to search for a remaining enemy or find yourself somehow stuck. If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, feel free to contact me on emstylo@gmail.com.
Subscribe to my Youtube
MStylo World Editor if you wish to see more maps from me.
Contents

Test of Faith v1.08b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
This is not altered melee (please remove this tag). It's Strategy/Risk and Defense/Survival, more of the latter. No player colour change? Could work better with more players too. "Our allied town is under siege!" spam. Does food supply count? I mean...
  1. Kerael

Kerael

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're welcome! I'm glad to help. :)

2. In that case, you could forcibly drop the items from the troublesome units with a warning message telling that it's for the better. That way there will be no need in the general warning when an Orb is picked the first time. This technique would require a list of items as well as a list of unit-types. Also it's generally better to drop the item to the exact spot where it's been on the ground by storing it's coordinates upon pick up so it will not move anywhere when spammed to pick up.
    4. Both. Either it's very close to the Pillar's foundation or it is obstructed by the Pillar, when the item spawns to the north of it. I think that moving the spawn circle/rectangle to the forefront of the Pillar will make it more clear in general.

I've tested the reincarnation thing and attached a test map (jass). DeathEvent fires before the UnitEvent, so the latter acts as a lock for the decision about the reincarnation-death.
    However it doesn't account for multiple units of this kind. You'd just need an array for that.

Attached Files:

2. Blasterixx

Blasterixx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a quick thing to say, i really dislike the fact that items vanish when a unit dies with them, it makes the game really annoying especially in the late game when everything is so chaotic and u can lose units very easily.

It pains me to see that for exemple even tho i managed to beat a hard level having lost only 1 unit, only to notice the fact that unit had lots of items on it resulting in me losing half of my total sum of items i managed to gather in the whole game/round, losing lots of progress.:ogre_rage:

I suggest making the items drop on the ground when the units die, similar to when you choose to sacrifice them.

I replayed the game on this latest patch, on hard with everything ON, the game is sure harder now, my highest "score" was getting to week 8, day 6 so far.

Another thing i noticed is the fact that the "random forces" choice has been nerfed somehow, from picking this reward 10 times, i only got 1 good unit from it once (chimera), the rest 9 times i only got low level useless units like murlocs,footman,banshees,etc.

3. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're not the first person to mention these items not dropping on death. I will probably do it as you suggest and make them fall on the ground.

Random forces have not been touched. The way it works it has fixed level of units it randomizes from. Days 2,4,5 are level 2 or 3 (level 2 always includes healing or mana), days 3,6 are level 4 and day 7 is level 5. That means you can random chimaera only on day 7.

4. Arthas-23

Arthas-23

Resources:
    Resources:
    hello is there a version that works with older versions of Warcraft 3? 1.26/1.27

5. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry there isn't right now. But perhaps i will make one after I finish work on 1.8.

6. Arthas-23

Arthas-23

Resources:
    Resources:
    No worries! I decided to get the current version!

if you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between the difficulty levels?

7. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Easy raises enemy level every 7 days, Normal every 5 and Hard every 3 levels. Plus enemies get researches faster. It's said up here in the Features & Details description ^^

8. Otherknownoise

Otherknownoise

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map. Looking forward new updates! (co-op mode or victorious mode could be the best)

Also, I don't find decay timer, which I read in F9 "Good to know" list, what is it anyway?
    Some units like chimaera can't trigger corrupt orb effect.
    "-air" deals lots of damages, but hope to add a tip in game. I don't know this command and quit the game first time.

other things:
    My best hard record is week 7 day 3. But I always stuck in week 6.
    I need a lot of luck to survive, once some high level units spwan it'll be very hard to defend, like gryphon riders and level 10 creeps.

And when i use undead i always get "cannibalize" instead of "web" tech, which is very strange, without web ud can only type -air.
    So I recommend "orc" race because berserker upgrade is very common, which makes orc very easy to defend the first 2 weeks, and "200 heal" keeps berserkers good states.
    About sacrifice I only recommend "satyr hell caller" bacause he is chaos melee+animate dead+unholy aura+bloodlust. Melee unit can use vampiric aura to heal itself. After sacrifice the defence force is weak, the only thing should do is recruit units.

9. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for feedback.

Decay is just a mechanism against exploiting in order to regenerate. You don't need to be bothered by it's unless are unnecessarily extending the fight.
    Thanks for pointing out the chimaera. There is a warning about orbs for every unit that has splash or bounce within it's attacks I just forgot to include chimaera.
    "-air" was thinking about that before. Will add it.

Week 7 day 3 is not bad all. Yes game can get difficult and rng can screw you over at that point :D

Chances to get any research tied to your units are equal. You must have gotten unlucky getting cannibalize alot.

10. Onholyservicebound

Onholyservicebound

Resources:
    Resources:
    Devouring unit with Kodo causes round to not move forward, eventually resulting in all units dying from decay

11. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It works for me in every case. Have you got a replay?

12. Onholyservicebound

Onholyservicebound

Resources:
    Resources:
    No replay saved, but it may have just been an unlucky rare bug, I'd devoured a unit beforehand and the round went forward.
    Then the second time it stopped, which is when all units died from decay.

Maybe add in a command to simply progress the round in rare cases like that?
    I was using latest version of War3 and the latest version of the mod I had DLed the same day I posted the comment, for reference.
    Items were on, food decay was off, health for obelisk was off... and difficulty... well, that's not really important...
    It was easy.

I'll make sure to get a replay if it happens again . But yeah, a command to force end a round would definitely be nice.

13. MStylo

MStylo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sucks I can't tell what caused it. And even if I add command for instant clear it could keep happening :/ Will keep an eye out tho.

You acually made me laugh about mentioning the difficulty :D I was thinking to make obelisk permanently destructible but I can see people are playing it.

14. CGminded

CGminded

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you make a version where you always get queen of suffering for sacrificing all units? It would be so much fun try it :D