1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terrania v1.14T

Submitted by Lahey
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A Hero Defense / RPG / Adventure

Choose a hero from six classes. Three combat heroes and three craft heroes.
Combat heroes should defend the crafters, while crafters support combat heroes by making items and defense buildings.

The story of the map gets slowly unfold during the game. Between waves, heroes can find items and do secret quests.

-Save system
-Credits are ingame

Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Changes v1.13 -> v1.14T
Option

---Message from the Developer---
Due to recent Warcraft III updates (1.30 & 1.31), Terrania received some new bugs. Two abilities (Slicing Sprint & Crushing Jump) caused the game to crash. There's no easy fix for this so I've temporally disabled these abilities.

---New features:---
*None

---Bug fixes:---
*Iron Bar can be picked up again.
*Some issues regarding the Upgrade Mine ability have been solved.

---Finetunes/Changes:---
*None

Changes v1.12 -> v1.13
Option

I had big plans but with the release of 1.29 & 1.30 it crippled map development. There are still some non-Terrania issues going on which is mostly sound related. I have however worked on some further tweaks.

*Added 1 new icon.
*Combat heroes that are level 30 now receive three experience after every wave.

*Knockback now works on Golems.

*Armor of Xy is replaced by Vest of Chi (including new stats)
*Intro and outro got a make-over.
*Kinetic Flash no longer causes a small freeze.
*Changed the order of Rank abilities for the Builder.
*Crystal Duplicator I now has it's own icon.
*Crystal Duplicator III model is slightly enhanced.
*Crystal of Clarity model is enhanced.
*Crystal of Clarity shows the amount of clarity gained when receiving it.
*Reduced collision (pathing map) of quite a few doodads.
*Aligned a lot of floating texts, mostly by applying the z-axis.
*Mana Shield is buffed.
*The range of Chain Healing is increased.
*Some minor changes.

Changes v1.11 -> v1.12
Option

Another batch of lovely finetunes. I will finally address the combat aspect of the map in the next update. I've made some good plans for it already, but I just need to find the time and motivation to do it.

*Added 1 new icon.
*Added 1 new ability. (Drop all items for crafters)
*Added 1 new command (-cam)

*Fixed a bug related to the -skip command.
*You can now learn skills from the School when your inventory is full.

*The rank abilities of the Builder have been swapped around to make the Builder more useful early rank.
*Changed the hotkeys of the abilities in the Shared Spellbook.
*Moved the Brilliance Aura from the Shared Spellbook to the Hero.
*Increased level 1 and level 3 dispel buffs target area.
*Crafters will play two new animations during certain conditions. (Bag & Lumber)
*An earthquake will appear when a Crystal Dup III explodes.
*The death animation of the Dredge Mill has returned.
*The Forge now plays an animation.
*Changed the visual and audio part of Panic Rush.
*Slicing Spin can no longer hurt air units.
*Some minor changes.

Changes v1.10 -> v1.11
Option

After years I've returned to release another update because I've discovered that there is an active Terrania Discord (discord.gg/5EPacmj). Although I don't have the time or motivation to do a complete overhaul of the map, I love finetuning it and that's what I've done.

*A Legendary Crystal Duplicator can appear.
*Added 3 new models.
*Added 7 new icons.
*Added 2 new abilities.
*Added 1 new command (-skip)

*Fixed the two barrel explosions so they still work when the trees are unblighted.

*All combat gear have their fonts styled and their stats better displayed.
*Fighter's secret ability is no longer a channel ability.
*Defender has a different secret ability.
*Cleric has a different secret ability.
*Cleric's Abolish Magic is replaced with Dispel Buffs and will level up in wave 6 to counter the golems.
*Walls that are under construction are dark.
*Walls that have been upgraded are more yellow.
*Damaged items are darker and have grey font color.
*Crystal Duplicator I and II have their own model now.
*Changed the repair sound and SFX of the Crystal Duplicators.
*Changed the Slicing Sprint sound.
*Unblight Plant upgrade, Seed Flower upgrades and Crystal Lamp upgrade have hotkeys now.
*Build <structure> have hotkeys now.
*Repositioned some abilities in buildings.
*Boss 8 Howl of Terror is enhanced.
*Level 1 & 2 Mine upgrade result in a different visual appearance.
*Moved the Rank 16 Aura from Shared Spellbook to Hero.
*Changed some Hero animations while it's casting certain spells.
*The School now has it's available skills at fixed locations.
*Some minor changes.

Keywords:
defense hero survival lahey terrania adventure unique nature hard elven
Previews
Contents

Terrania v1.14 (Map)

Reviews
16:56, 14th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet map, gonna try this later.

5/5

2. ShadyGuy

ShadyGuy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nvm, figured it out...
    Anyway the map is great, only thing is that getting the exp is way 2 slow, it took me ages to get rank 10. Include that in 75% of the games i play we wont get far enough to save. So it would be nice if the exp gain would be 2x or more, or people could save after the first boss.
    But still 5/5 for this epic map:goblin_good_job:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  3. Kurimuraz

Kurimuraz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like this game but . . . . . i play full house game and saw ppl with 100000 experience , impossible , i ask them and they said . . . got people give them the code , some people said got map like this that is used to play cheating to get code .

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeh, that what happens if a map takes forever to gain experience.

5. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sad but true. The people I play with regularly host a cheated version to "unnoobify" people :p
    EDIT: kick system is bugged, it drops every player in the game when used.
    EDIT2: How much EXP is required for the new rank and how do I craft the Dark equipment?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  6. Schamanu

Schamanu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hosting a cheated version of terrania WILL NOT "unnnoobify" anyone as u call it. It just leads to the fact that people with 100k xp stand around, not knowing what to do. I think some people who complain about the Rank/Xp-System have 1st. Never played games like Night of the Dead, where in my opinion it takes alot longer to have the highest rank
    2nd. those people usually just want to have highest stats, best rank in every map available, compare this with people who play wow and want to have every class on lvl 80 (or whatever is max atm), but the target of a map cannnot be to make it easy for people who wanna play casualy to reach the max rank, it should be reachable only for people who are really interested in the game. And btw it doesnt take too long to reach max rank (2500xp), if u find 1 or 2 good people (in this case i recommend to visit clan ETO on Northrend) and u play few times per week, u can easily make it within less than a year, probably within 6 months.

About the kick system, sofar it always worked fine, although i havent played 1.02 yet, so i could have get buged in this vers., which is unlikely as i think Lahey didnt change anything about the kick system.

I also cant understand why people complain about "locked abilities" which are enabled with higher ranks. You dont need the max. rank to beat the game. People should just know what to do and as long as u have 2 people with 200 or more xp, it will be fine. Btw once u reach 200xp+ you have already unlocked 80% of the most important unlockable skills. The next rank skills will only make it more comfortable to play.

About the savepoint, which is enabled after wave 3: i think basically this is fine, maybe it could be set to end of wave 2, but again, this map is about team play, as long as u dont have too many players with a huge ego, which usually leads to unbalanced class distribution (e.g. no cleric; or 1 defender and 1 fighter but 5 people who play botanic, builder and blacksmith), then ur fine even when everyone is a rank 0 player and you will be able to reach end of wave 3. I also think it is no flaw of the map that you cant finish the map when u play for first or third (or even 6th or 7th) time. Because usually playing a map more often involves learning, which is also some part of the fun (i know that the learning curve is really steep, but the success you feel once u master the game is also greater compared to very easy maps). And if you would be able to finish a map when playing for first time, this map would certainly be too easy.

New rank called "core founder" requires 10k xp, but it only gives a certain aura (fighter: +3% dmg, defender: +3 armor, cleric: -3armor to enemies), and you start with +5 clarity
    I think it is written in the 3rd skillbook of the blacksmith how the dark equipment can be crafted.

7. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe that's the reason Undead Assault II got more played than Night of the Dead. Because as this game, it takes too much time to advance. I've explained what I meant before, and I will not do so again, for I have proven my point. Resuming, Terrania's current system sucks. It will be forgotten in the depths of time until its author do something about it.

8. Schamanu

Schamanu

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do you measure that UA 2 is played more often than NotD? I doubt that, and btw Notd got more dls then UA 2 on hive.
    Btw pls name some bugs which you abuse to win the game, bc i dont know any.

"In the beginning you can do half the things you can do with a better rank".
    Really ? As blacksmith you can basically make a crystal sword, then a crystal armor and later a crystal helmet (which is in 99% of games not needed). Thats not HALF, thats like 5-10% more than rank 0 players can do, probably even less. For builder the same. You can make plenty of different buildings, what a max rank builder can make is just the clarity amplifier, and an improved version of crystal duplicator. Again, this is not even close your statement. Botanic not to mention, u just need 200 xp to enchant a mine, and the skill for max rank is again not unfair but just a little help.

9. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh really? Go get a bunch of ppl to WIN the game on rank 0. Then we'll talk.

Edit: Ah yes, UA2 got its own website. People often download from there, instead of Hive.

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That map was horriably designed. Comparing a steal axe to a stone axe does not make it a great millitry weapon (although it is still better) when you could be making tanks instead. Just because you are better than it does not make you good.

So you want people who are only willing to waste 50-100 hours of their life grinding and not people who can actually play well? Many people like me are interested in such a map but just can not afford to waste their time playing the same map over and over again just to get score. The main reason I resorted to hacking was people who could not play but had spent much more time playing decided to start kicking me because my rank was too low or demanding I do not go a certain class due to locked out skills. A game like SWAT aftermath lets you max rank in about 5 games, and each game is different due to random elements where as this requires countless games and each feels exactly the same. Why must getting good in a map be a test of endurance rather than a test of skill?

Why not just make the map auto end after 3 minutes if atleast 2 people do not load 200 xp? As you can see, logic with that is flawed. Getting 200 exp is not something easy eithor, it took me 7-9 games to get to only 100 odd and that was many versions ago where winning was easier (no late waves). The game became so much easier and more fun after I got a high rank character as no only was I more durable, but the skills meant I could create items like crystal armor which meant that even as a blacksmith I was more effective.

That is why people make difficulties in maps. There should always be a difficulty that people can win, even if they are beginners. When people get stronger due to playing more, then higher difficuilties can be made avaiable where you need the bonuses from loading to actually win. A good example is SWAT aftermath where you can only unlock nightmare difficulty (proper game playing mode) when everyone is a certain rank. Further more, higher difficulties can award more experience which could greatly reduce grinding (if you win a hard difficulty, you diserve a high rank as it shows skill).

And how many games does that take to obtain? Last time I could play it took me 7-9 to get to 1xx exp, so you are looking at 900 games? Only people with no lives or cheaters will ever obtain that, not the people who play well and truely diserve it.

11. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that winning the game on rank 0 is next to impossible, though it might be possible if there are like 4 defenders taking turns to taunt the creeps and running circles :p. But this fails hard against the ranged and golem creeps.

Anyways, found some minor issues.
    1. Save in multiplayer doesn't work correctly ( not saving rank, saving the game ). Our skills got messed up badly after playing the loaded game ( most or all skills got demoted to rank 1 ) and players couldn't -save their rank.

2. How many founders are needed specifically to get the final wave? :p Me and my friends were pretty disappointed when we saw the message saying need more founders to investigate the orb or something, as we were interested in finding out more about the story.

Well that's pretty much everything. Nice update, I like it! =)

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is the case for most maps. Save is broken and blizzard can not be bothered to fix it. It does not save trigger states correctly so a lot of complex systems get broken when saving a map.

13. Schamanu

Schamanu

Resources:
    Resources:
    well the map design/terrain of NotD wasnt great, but the more important part was the gameplay and the required teamwork, thats what made the map unique.

You actually need that time to improve. Because even when u basically know everything most people still act very slow, although they can craft everything, know all tricks etc.

Why should the logic be flawed? If u have 1 or 2 people with 200+ xp (mainly as u need Crystal swords for beating golem wave, but thats it) you can finish, if u DONT HAVE THEM, then u can still make it past wave 3 or wave 4 and save.

It is just normal that you dont earn as much xp at the very beginning, i.e playing for 1st -10th time, but later u will earn alot more, for example i and my friends we usually get 120+ (even 150+) xp (ca. 100 is good value). But if we assume u play fighter, get to lvl 30 and finish, that is 79xp per game, so u need just 3 games and u can craft crystal sword, just stop by at clan eto and you will find some good games with high probability for finishing.

14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    SWAT aftermath had the same idea of teamwork but executed it much better. Atleast SWAT aftermath does not peanalise you for loading (especially the SC2 NotD).

For people with major learning dissibilities, maybe, but for people who can actually play this is not a valid argument. Skill and number of games played has nothing in common. Yes for your first few plays you still learn about everything but once you see how to use a class properly you can prety much get into the swing of things in 2 games.

Because the game is "unwinnable"? Even giving people the pretense of winning is not a nice thing to do as no mater how hard or how skilled they are they would still lose. This defeats the purpose of skill altogether and just makes the game require grinding.

Have you even bothered looking at the triggers? The map maker wasted time and effort that could have been put into the map and make it better to instead make triggers just to kick me when I join with my main account. Yes I could just make a spoof account and gen me a new code but instead I could just play SWAT aftermath.

Why the maker did this? Well frankly he ignored my positive feedback (left the bugs in) and instead focused the time that could have been spent on improving the map just to make it kick an account I can change in a mear minute.

Even if you earn 100 exp a game, that still expects you to play 100 games which are all prety much identical. Frankly there is not enough replayability to govern that many plays as every session I played felt... prety much... the same...

15. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish someone would upload a replay of newbies winning the game at low/average ranks... 1 rank 15 fighter can pretty much pwn everything with a cleric supporting all the way until halfway through the second ( trees ) wave without any items lol, would be pretty awesome to see how noobs beat the faceless void-thingies wave, haven't seen that yet...

16. Adaethus

Adaethus

Resources:
    Resources:
    So much text here o_O
    I personally like to play this map on LaN quite much, but my only complaint (for now) is how disgusting the terrain is.

17. Schamanu

Schamanu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will make the proposal to my friends that we make a no load game (or just 1 person loads 200+ code to make crystal swords) to show u it is possible to win.

@Dr Super Good i dont play NotD on SC2 either :) and i really look forward to play terra with you (with a spoof) where u can proof me wrong and show me that after 5 games (or i dont know how many games u played in total) you are as good and fast as my friends and me. If you are, then you probably belong to a group of 1% of all players, bc 99% of all people i see with 200, or even 2500xp arent nearly as fast as we are (they just waste alot of time with crafting, building etc.)

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Next to me having not played the game for over a year and that much content was appended/altered...

Anyway the start I used to use was botnisit went to lower left path and started clearing while blacksmith and builder went around map quickly to find the crystals and other resources needed while the fighters went to do some of the quests. Bot built up a garden (prety much a 5*5 block) which was then farmed using rain and worked on refining as much as possible. The aim was then to make some fortifications to funnel the waves while the blacksmith made crystal armors (and 1 weapon for melee classes).

Sadly the maker removed the lower left corner I believe for some reason... It was a nice build spot.

19. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just reached the demon wave with a few friends, and I must say it was insanely fun, even though we lost bcz of the demon commander's rain of fire, and I stupidly suicided the converted draenei-type-boss lol.

20. Kurimuraz

Kurimuraz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Using the missing tool part at the dranie boss can charm it :) . 1 more thing i wan ask , when we wan repair upgraded crystal lamp , cant click unless we use auto-repair , can fix ?