• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrania v1.17

A Hero Defense / RPG / Story map

Choose a hero from six classes. Three combat heroes and three craft heroes.
Combat heroes should defend the crafters, while crafters support combat heroes by making items and defense buildings.

The story of the map gets slowly unfold during the game. Between waves, heroes can find items and do secret quests.

Discord: Terrania discord invite link

- Save system
- Recommended to play with at least 6 players
- Credits are ingame

Changes v1.16 -> v1.17

I've updated Terrania again due to new bugs appearing thanks to Warcraft III Reforged updates:
- Replaced the Forge model due to a major graphical glitch appearing since latest Warcraft III update.
- Replaced the portrait of Fighter due to glitching since latest Warcraft III update.
- Slightly increased Defender's movement speed & slightly decreased Fighter's movement speed.
- Replaced health & mana flower models with custom models for consistancy over Classic & Reforged.
- Added a different model for seed flower II to visually distinguish it from seed flower I.
- Added new models for clay flower and iron flower.
- Added new model for ward plant (item, not building) for consistancy over Classic & Reforged.
- Fixed Marazure's statue foundation.

Changes v1.15 -> v1.16

This version is compatible with Warcraft III: Reforged. There are a few minor issues still but some of them are simply related to Reforged bugs.
The following problems have been fixed:
- Save system now works with Battle.net names. (Your old code works as long your name before the # symbol is the same.)
- Stacking issue mainly involving consumables have been fixed.
- Updated Discord link.

Changes v1.14T -> v1.15
Slicing Sprint and Crushing Jump abilities have been fixed and are now compatible with the newest version of Warcraft 3.

Changes v1.13 -> v1.14T

---Message from the Developer---
Due to recent Warcraft III updates (1.30 & 1.31), Terrania received some new bugs. Two abilities (Slicing Sprint & Crushing Jump) caused the game to crash. There's no easy fix for this so I've temporally disabled these abilities.

---New features:---
*None

---Bug fixes:---
*Iron Bar can be picked up again.
*Some issues regarding the Upgrade Mine ability have been solved.

---Finetunes/Changes:---
*None

Changes v1.12 -> v1.13

I had big plans but with the release of 1.29 & 1.30 it crippled map development. There are still some non-Terrania issues going on which is mostly sound related. I have however worked on some further tweaks.

*Added 1 new icon.
*Combat heroes that are level 30 now receive three experience after every wave.

*Knockback now works on Golems.

*Armor of Xy is replaced by Vest of Chi (including new stats)
*Intro and outro got a make-over.
*Kinetic Flash no longer causes a small freeze.
*Changed the order of Rank abilities for the Builder.
*Crystal Duplicator I now has it's own icon.
*Crystal Duplicator III model is slightly enhanced.
*Crystal of Clarity model is enhanced.
*Crystal of Clarity shows the amount of clarity gained when receiving it.
*Reduced collision (pathing map) of quite a few doodads.
*Aligned a lot of floating texts, mostly by applying the z-axis.
*Mana Shield is buffed.
*The range of Chain Healing is increased.
*Some minor changes.

Changes v1.11 -> v1.12

Another batch of lovely finetunes. I will finally address the combat aspect of the map in the next update. I've made some good plans for it already, but I just need to find the time and motivation to do it.

*Added 1 new icon.
*Added 1 new ability. (Drop all items for crafters)
*Added 1 new command (-cam)

*Fixed a bug related to the -skip command.
*You can now learn skills from the School when your inventory is full.

*The rank abilities of the Builder have been swapped around to make the Builder more useful early rank.
*Changed the hotkeys of the abilities in the Shared Spellbook.
*Moved the Brilliance Aura from the Shared Spellbook to the Hero.
*Increased level 1 and level 3 dispel buffs target area.
*Crafters will play two new animations during certain conditions. (Bag & Lumber)
*An earthquake will appear when a Crystal Dup III explodes.
*The death animation of the Dredge Mill has returned.
*The Forge now plays an animation.
*Changed the visual and audio part of Panic Rush.
*Slicing Spin can no longer hurt air units.
*Some minor changes.

Changes v1.10 -> v1.11

After years I've returned to release another update because I've discovered that there is an active Terrania Discord (discord.gg/5EPacmj). Although I don't have the time or motivation to do a complete overhaul of the map, I love finetuning it and that's what I've done.

*A Legendary Crystal Duplicator can appear.
*Added 3 new models.
*Added 7 new icons.
*Added 2 new abilities.
*Added 1 new command (-skip)

*Fixed the two barrel explosions so they still work when the trees are unblighted.

*All combat gear have their fonts styled and their stats better displayed.
*Fighter's secret ability is no longer a channel ability.
*Defender has a different secret ability.
*Cleric has a different secret ability.
*Cleric's Abolish Magic is replaced with Dispel Buffs and will level up in wave 6 to counter the golems.
*Walls that are under construction are dark.
*Walls that have been upgraded are more yellow.
*Damaged items are darker and have grey font color.
*Crystal Duplicator I and II have their own model now.
*Changed the repair sound and SFX of the Crystal Duplicators.
*Changed the Slicing Sprint sound.
*Unblight Plant upgrade, Seed Flower upgrades and Crystal Lamp upgrade have hotkeys now.
*Build <structure> have hotkeys now.
*Repositioned some abilities in buildings.
*Boss 8 Howl of Terror is enhanced.
*Level 1 & 2 Mine upgrade result in a different visual appearance.
*Moved the Rank 16 Aura from Shared Spellbook to Hero.
*Changed some Hero animations while it's casting certain spells.
*The School now has it's available skills at fixed locations.
*Some minor changes.

Keywords:
defense hero survival lahey terrania adventure unique nature hard elven
Previews
Contents

Terrania v1.17 (Map)

Reviews
16:56, 14th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Right, after playing it again I have a few sujestions which I have thought about quite carefully.

1. EXPLOIT - Repicking as botanist allows you to cast rain instantly. Early game, the bota player makes a 3*3 patch and then spams rain. By continious repicking he can easilly cast over 4 rains a minute on the patch giving the team a huge pool of starting resources. The lost EXP by repicking can be made up by spamming power potions from all the harvest giving him a huge level burst once done as well. This is a clear exploit as it evades the cooldown on the rain (to such an extent you can be physically casting rain 90% of the time early on). Repicking should only work every 2 minutes or have a limit to prevent players from executing such an exploit (not rechoosing last choosen class will not be enough as you could repick twice, once a different class then the bota). This exploit exists for all classes but rain by far has the largest effect early on. Before second wave it is possible to have a 4*4 patch of level 2 flowers and I was only told about the exploit late.

2. When dieing late game you have as good as lost. You start at level 1 and it is virtually impossible to get to a reasonable level again and most likly you will die again. It would be nice that if you pick the respawn the same class you get atleast some levels back as well as a boosted EXP rate until you are back at the level you died. This would still give an EXP penalty long term but not mean that dieing late removes you from contributing. Changing classes should reset you to level 1. If you must keep the current system, consider it as a form of "hardcode" mode which in turn can award more exp if done well.

3. The immune wave has nasty ranged units. They deal about 300 chaos damage at over 1000 range. Yes they are immune units but not artillery, if they are artillery give them less damage or make them hit ground (so you can evade their attacks) otherwise just decrease their range slightly. I am aware they are very weak to proper fighters (with armor and levels) but they total all static defenses and any support class that gets into their range easilly dies due to a large wave of homming projectiles which cannot be excaped. This makes them feel very unprofessional (something one expects in a LoaP god) as they look like they have been buffed with out any consistency or consideration. Especially since the waves special is powerful as it is (most stuff does not work on them as they are immunte) they really do not need such insane attacks.

4. The otherside of the river should support a dredging mill or atleast a 1 way exit. It is possible for players to become stuck across the river and unable to get back without repicking (early) or suiciding (later). An example is if the only builder is on the other side and does not realise the mill has died. Inorder to not effect the strategic value of the mill position, I advise simply starting a 1 way teleport if the river is not passable which allows units off the other side but not back to it until the mill is rebuilt.

5. The botanisit ability to fuse large numbers of mana and health flowers (sorry name excapes me currently) should also effect clay and iron flowers if the appropiate skills have been learnt. It can get very chaotic if a large number of clay and iron flowers built up around the garden and it is time consuming to remove them all. Especially since the ability is lategame and the clay and iron flowers are only used early game (mine is used later) this would not change much but make it easier to process gardens.

6. It would be nice if combat classes holding support items (power potions, crystals, ingridients) get warned if they hold them too long. A common problem in public games is someone who apparently has no ability to communicate grabs key items like crystals and then runs into combat with them when the support need them. This could further be improved by a -purge command which forces them to drop only non combat items. Currently the main solution is to just kick them which can be a bit unfair (especially if they are having communication problems). A demonstration might be more constructive (forcing them to drop the items might make them think that other classes need them and so learn in future games that they do not have to pick them up).

7. Unit recycling and item limits. Currently it is possible to get the game to fall into very process intensive states. An example is 3 mark II mines running constantly and a 4*4 garden of mark II being rained on by level 2 rain all the time. This easilly can produce hundreds and hundreds of items in no time flat. All that is needed then is item crowding to occur in a garden (from a couple of rains) and eithor sort item or the auto merge ability to be cast to generate a period of extreemly poor performance. An example is that my computer skips frames for half to a full second and slower players suffer from a slight waiting for player message. Good maps should not suffer such problems easilly. I advise reducing item quanities (such as only 2 flowers per resource instead of 4 and half flower spawn rate) for most activities.

I was slightly dissapointed to see how little the map has improved since I last played. I could argue that the pre immune wave builds were slightly more fun as every class felt more useful.

Level 7
Have a few questions about orb effects

1. Does the Rank lifesteal skill for Fighter stack with item effects?

2. Does the effect of multiple items of different types ( i.e. Dragon sword, Nature sword, Crystal sword, Poison sword, Purple Gloves = chance to poison, splash dmg, entangle, lightning, lifesteal ) stack?

3. Does effects of multiple items of the same type ( i.e. 4x crystal swords = 4x chance for lightning ) stack?

Also, could you add a Cooldown : (X minute X second ) in the description for:
1. Hero skills
2. Structures ( clarity crystal, mines, school, crystal duplicator etc. )

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Unless they use a custom orb effect system, they will not be stacking.
Vampirisim aura and vaprisim potion do stack aslong as the buffs are different (I think). The vampirisim item ability probably does not stack as it seems to be an orb effect (muturally exclusive with orbs).

Level 9
Amazing map, this is well made and also quite hard to play... unless you have a good team. Gave me some challenges :) Good work, keep it up!
But... you could add mode classes... I mean... like a new fighter-type class that is ranged and bases on magic.... and a new worker-type class ... maybe some sort of an archeologist that digs up for items :D (because it would suit the idea of the map -explorers)

Level 7
Amazing map, this is well made and also quite hard to play... unless you have a good team. Gave me some challenges :) Good work, keep it up!
But... you could add mode classes... I mean... like a new fighter-type class that is ranged and bases on magic.... and a new worker-type class ... maybe some sort of an archeologist that digs up for items :D (because it would suit the idea of the map -explorers)

Digging for items = Mine ( Builder )
I agree that new classes would be fun though.

Level 9
Digging for items = Mine ( Builder )
I agree that new classes would be fun though.

I wasn't referring to that type of digging. I was referring to some sort of... spell that reveals to the archeologist some places on the map, then if he goes there and uses the dig spell he will be given an item...
Always, there would appear such places and he would have to go out most of the time (in company of another hero) and he could find all types of items... at low levels only materials and simple items... then maybe weapons and powerful items.

Level 3
@frostloh:
in warcraft 3 you can never have more than 1 orb effect.
1. i think so but ofc its hard to verify
2. only 1 of the orb effects is working, when you have demon sword this is always superior to all other orb effects.
3. ofc it does not stack, 1 sword has a 30% chance, with 4 you would have more than 100 % which would be imbalanced.

Level 2
Have a few questions about orb effects

1. Does the Rank lifesteal skill for Fighter stack with item effects?

2. Does the effect of multiple items of different types ( i.e. Dragon sword, Nature sword, Crystal sword, Poison sword, Purple Gloves = chance to poison, splash dmg, entangle, lightning, lifesteal ) stack?

3. Does effects of multiple items of the same type ( i.e. 4x crystal swords = 4x chance for lightning ) stack?

Also, could you add a Cooldown : (X minute X second ) in the description for:
1. Hero skills
2. Structures ( clarity crystal, mines, school, crystal duplicator etc. )
1. Yes it does. Its not orb effect so it does stack.
2. Only some. Like nature sword's hp regen is always on and purple gloves life steal stacks with rank skill lifesteal. Other effects doesnt stack and only the one whats in the first inv solt is on ( like when u have crystal sword in 1st solt, u have chance to do lighting, dragon sword in 1st solt and u have splash dmg etc)
3. No it doesnt.

Level 3
Great replay

Btw, you may know me better as CrimsonOblivion...I use my alt to play most times on Garena.

Btw is what ?

Frostloh Frostloh Frostloh Frostloh Frostloh Frostloh Frostloh Frostloh Frostloh

i think it will be very fun if all of we , terrania fan make a meeting at garena to play together .

:fp:Is it ?

Level 3
Always loved ur map :X.Yet sometimes i hate the peaople that enter.There are always a lot of noobs that chose botanist blacksmith or builder when someone have already chose it and already tell them to not do so:vw_sad:.Ur map is coool.Never beated the level with ghosts.Can u tell me the recipe for Nature sword/Cristal sword plz?:vw_wtf:

Level 1
Hey.

Really nice map. I host it nearly every day :D .

But I got 1 problem... sometimes "stupid" poeple join... who ruin the game (for example a fighter who picks up 4x crystals a power potion and an iron bar ...). Unfortainly lots of people don't get why they should type "-yes" and kick this player out of the game (after I told this fighter several times to DROP his items cause he can't use them).

So... would it be possible to make the -kick command like the -ff command? - Only for the red player?

I really would appreciate that change.

Level 1
hey..can someone tell me how can i make dark shield or dark sword..i tried many times but it failed..plz someone tell me:D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
But I got 1 problem... sometimes "stupid" poeple join... who ruin the game (for example a fighter who picks up 4x crystals a power potion and an iron bar ...). Unfortainly lots of people don't get why they should type "-yes" and kick this player out of the game (after I told this fighter several times to DROP his items cause he can't use them).
The problem is the people and not the system in the map. You should really be asking why society is so problimatic now that people can not understand simple commands like "I need to use your items to make you stuff" in a coop game.

hey..can someone tell me how can i make dark shield or dark sword..i tried many times but it failed..plz someone tell me:D
These items must be new. I can only advise you read up the trigger script to see how to make them.

Level 3
on Northrend (europe) we have a clan and quite active members. If you stop by between 6 and 10 pm CET, you should have a good chance of finding terrania games.

Level 4
there was a new wave 8 added, you need 3 founders using their founder ability on the crystal of clarity. if u do so, the blacksmiths will get the recipies of dark swords, dark shields and empowered dark staff. there will be orbs spawned, to enchant these, you need 1 of each crystal. with these echanted crystals u can make the dark items..
to make the sword u need 4 * crystal sword + enchanted dark orb
for the shield u need 2 gold shields + enchanted dark orb
for the staff u need 2 staffs + echanted dark orb

Level 3
side-quests / items

I really like this game and i've been playing it alot on garena, but people are falling for rumours of weird secret heroes, EG: Mage, Archer, and secret items: EG: Crown of terrania, which they believe need 20 gold ore piled near like CA, well either way they're rumours, but it would be awesome if you could add more "optional" quests in, that do not really need to be completed, not like the soul trap / fountain of the river which are required. IT would be awesome ^^ and secret items like the dragon sword and nature sword are awesome too, try adding more items now :)

Level 2
62379 -- Terrania,Garena +/Messenger, Garena PH, RPG Room 3
We accept anyone.
There is other terrania group ( and i know it )
but we still want to make a group for PH Players out there

Level 6
Terrania ASEAN
id: 64064
online PH RPG room3

EDIT: i used abolish magic level 2 on magic immune units but they still not affected by ward plants and lamps. why?

EDIT2: i made a code generator for this map. if you want come join us in Terrania Asean group or just post your username and xp you wanted

EDIT3: 2 things terrania needs:
a pub game mode as default wherein only 1 of each WORKER class is allowed, the regular mode is still accessible though
-votekill <player color> which starts a vote that kills the hero of the player color specified so that he will forced to repick, and gives him 30s ban time for picking anything again.

this works in relation to pub mode because when an asshole tries to steal a worker class so the team will be ruined, the team can decide to votekill the asshole and he will be disabled on picking for 30seconds

Last edited:
Level 6
Are there still any people who play this game? Coz I just started and want to play with someone haha.. add me on Garena please.. my UN is jargolgal thank you! (Filipino)

Level 1
Hello guys, i've been playing terania for 1 month and i have some questions.
It's about a thing called founder skill, i don't yet have the xp/gold to use it, but i would like to know what is it exactly.
All i know about it till now is that you can use it on Crystal of Clarity to make dark items available. I tried to see it at single player mode but i achieved nothing.
Since you guys seem to know, please tell me everything i need to know, considering i know nothing.
Thank you in advance.

Level 32
Hello guys, i've been playing terania for 1 month and i have some questions.
It's about a thing called founder skill, i don't yet have the xp/gold to use it, but i would like to know what is it exactly.
All i know about it till now is that you can use it on Crystal of Clarity to make dark items available. I tried to see it at single player mode but i achieved nothing.
Since you guys seem to know, please tell me everything i need to know, considering i know nothing.
Thank you in advance.

I think you should contact the creator/uploader of the map. I also believe there are Terrania forums.

Level 1
from garena ashadowmingz terrania clan lord

today is 2014/6/26. terrania this game are still going on, if who would like to play the old memory pls come play garena and find me. my name is (ashadowmingz), my clan name called (Terrania)

Level 1
if anyone is still playing this map please tell me where to find him
i always search for a game and dont find anyone i find one per day or two days

Level 3
you guys have really good taste... dying and remaking the game over 99 times to learn more about them =D