• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrania v1.17

A Hero Defense / RPG / Story map

Choose a hero from six classes. Three combat heroes and three craft heroes.
Combat heroes should defend the crafters, while crafters support combat heroes by making items and defense buildings.

The story of the map gets slowly unfold during the game. Between waves, heroes can find items and do secret quests.

Discord: Terrania discord invite link

- Save system
- Recommended to play with at least 6 players
- Credits are ingame

Changes v1.16 -> v1.17

I've updated Terrania again due to new bugs appearing thanks to Warcraft III Reforged updates:
- Replaced the Forge model due to a major graphical glitch appearing since latest Warcraft III update.
- Replaced the portrait of Fighter due to glitching since latest Warcraft III update.
- Slightly increased Defender's movement speed & slightly decreased Fighter's movement speed.
- Replaced health & mana flower models with custom models for consistancy over Classic & Reforged.
- Added a different model for seed flower II to visually distinguish it from seed flower I.
- Added new models for clay flower and iron flower.
- Added new model for ward plant (item, not building) for consistancy over Classic & Reforged.
- Fixed Marazure's statue foundation.

Changes v1.15 -> v1.16

This version is compatible with Warcraft III: Reforged. There are a few minor issues still but some of them are simply related to Reforged bugs.
The following problems have been fixed:
- Save system now works with Battle.net names. (Your old code works as long your name before the # symbol is the same.)
- Stacking issue mainly involving consumables have been fixed.
- Updated Discord link.

Changes v1.14T -> v1.15
Slicing Sprint and Crushing Jump abilities have been fixed and are now compatible with the newest version of Warcraft 3.

Changes v1.13 -> v1.14T

---Message from the Developer---
Due to recent Warcraft III updates (1.30 & 1.31), Terrania received some new bugs. Two abilities (Slicing Sprint & Crushing Jump) caused the game to crash. There's no easy fix for this so I've temporally disabled these abilities.

---New features:---
*None

---Bug fixes:---
*Iron Bar can be picked up again.
*Some issues regarding the Upgrade Mine ability have been solved.

---Finetunes/Changes:---
*None

Changes v1.12 -> v1.13

I had big plans but with the release of 1.29 & 1.30 it crippled map development. There are still some non-Terrania issues going on which is mostly sound related. I have however worked on some further tweaks.

*Added 1 new icon.
*Combat heroes that are level 30 now receive three experience after every wave.

*Knockback now works on Golems.

*Armor of Xy is replaced by Vest of Chi (including new stats)
*Intro and outro got a make-over.
*Kinetic Flash no longer causes a small freeze.
*Changed the order of Rank abilities for the Builder.
*Crystal Duplicator I now has it's own icon.
*Crystal Duplicator III model is slightly enhanced.
*Crystal of Clarity model is enhanced.
*Crystal of Clarity shows the amount of clarity gained when receiving it.
*Reduced collision (pathing map) of quite a few doodads.
*Aligned a lot of floating texts, mostly by applying the z-axis.
*Mana Shield is buffed.
*The range of Chain Healing is increased.
*Some minor changes.

Changes v1.11 -> v1.12

Another batch of lovely finetunes. I will finally address the combat aspect of the map in the next update. I've made some good plans for it already, but I just need to find the time and motivation to do it.

*Added 1 new icon.
*Added 1 new ability. (Drop all items for crafters)
*Added 1 new command (-cam)

*Fixed a bug related to the -skip command.
*You can now learn skills from the School when your inventory is full.

*The rank abilities of the Builder have been swapped around to make the Builder more useful early rank.
*Changed the hotkeys of the abilities in the Shared Spellbook.
*Moved the Brilliance Aura from the Shared Spellbook to the Hero.
*Increased level 1 and level 3 dispel buffs target area.
*Crafters will play two new animations during certain conditions. (Bag & Lumber)
*An earthquake will appear when a Crystal Dup III explodes.
*The death animation of the Dredge Mill has returned.
*The Forge now plays an animation.
*Changed the visual and audio part of Panic Rush.
*Slicing Spin can no longer hurt air units.
*Some minor changes.

Changes v1.10 -> v1.11

After years I've returned to release another update because I've discovered that there is an active Terrania Discord (discord.gg/5EPacmj). Although I don't have the time or motivation to do a complete overhaul of the map, I love finetuning it and that's what I've done.

*A Legendary Crystal Duplicator can appear.
*Added 3 new models.
*Added 7 new icons.
*Added 2 new abilities.
*Added 1 new command (-skip)

*Fixed the two barrel explosions so they still work when the trees are unblighted.

*All combat gear have their fonts styled and their stats better displayed.
*Fighter's secret ability is no longer a channel ability.
*Defender has a different secret ability.
*Cleric has a different secret ability.
*Cleric's Abolish Magic is replaced with Dispel Buffs and will level up in wave 6 to counter the golems.
*Walls that are under construction are dark.
*Walls that have been upgraded are more yellow.
*Damaged items are darker and have grey font color.
*Crystal Duplicator I and II have their own model now.
*Changed the repair sound and SFX of the Crystal Duplicators.
*Changed the Slicing Sprint sound.
*Unblight Plant upgrade, Seed Flower upgrades and Crystal Lamp upgrade have hotkeys now.
*Build <structure> have hotkeys now.
*Repositioned some abilities in buildings.
*Boss 8 Howl of Terror is enhanced.
*Level 1 & 2 Mine upgrade result in a different visual appearance.
*Moved the Rank 16 Aura from Shared Spellbook to Hero.
*Changed some Hero animations while it's casting certain spells.
*The School now has it's available skills at fixed locations.
*Some minor changes.

Keywords:
defense hero survival lahey terrania adventure unique nature hard elven
Previews
Contents

Terrania v1.17 (Map)

Reviews
16:56, 14th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
Nvm, figured it out...
Anyway the map is great, only thing is that getting the exp is way 2 slow, it took me ages to get rank 10. Include that in 75% of the games i play we wont get far enough to save. So it would be nice if the exp gain would be 2x or more, or people could save after the first boss.
But still 5/5 for this epic map:goblin_good_job:

Last edited:
Level 3
I like this game but . . . . . i play full house game and saw ppl with 100000 experience , impossible , i ask them and they said . . . got people give them the code , some people said got map like this that is used to play cheating to get code .

Level 7
Yeh, that what happens if a map takes forever to gain experience.
Sad but true. The people I play with regularly host a cheated version to "unnoobify" people :p
EDIT: kick system is bugged, it drops every player in the game when used.
EDIT2: How much EXP is required for the new rank and how do I craft the Dark equipment?

Last edited:
Level 3
Hosting a cheated version of terrania WILL NOT "unnnoobify" anyone as u call it. It just leads to the fact that people with 100k xp stand around, not knowing what to do. I think some people who complain about the Rank/Xp-System have 1st. Never played games like Night of the Dead, where in my opinion it takes alot longer to have the highest rank
2nd. those people usually just want to have highest stats, best rank in every map available, compare this with people who play wow and want to have every class on lvl 80 (or whatever is max atm), but the target of a map cannnot be to make it easy for people who wanna play casualy to reach the max rank, it should be reachable only for people who are really interested in the game. And btw it doesnt take too long to reach max rank (2500xp), if u find 1 or 2 good people (in this case i recommend to visit clan ETO on Northrend) and u play few times per week, u can easily make it within less than a year, probably within 6 months.

About the kick system, sofar it always worked fine, although i havent played 1.02 yet, so i could have get buged in this vers., which is unlikely as i think Lahey didnt change anything about the kick system.

I also cant understand why people complain about "locked abilities" which are enabled with higher ranks. You dont need the max. rank to beat the game. People should just know what to do and as long as u have 2 people with 200 or more xp, it will be fine. Btw once u reach 200xp+ you have already unlocked 80% of the most important unlockable skills. The next rank skills will only make it more comfortable to play.

About the savepoint, which is enabled after wave 3: i think basically this is fine, maybe it could be set to end of wave 2, but again, this map is about team play, as long as u dont have too many players with a huge ego, which usually leads to unbalanced class distribution (e.g. no cleric; or 1 defender and 1 fighter but 5 people who play botanic, builder and blacksmith), then ur fine even when everyone is a rank 0 player and you will be able to reach end of wave 3. I also think it is no flaw of the map that you cant finish the map when u play for first or third (or even 6th or 7th) time. Because usually playing a map more often involves learning, which is also some part of the fun (i know that the learning curve is really steep, but the success you feel once u master the game is also greater compared to very easy maps). And if you would be able to finish a map when playing for first time, this map would certainly be too easy.

New rank called "core founder" requires 10k xp, but it only gives a certain aura (fighter: +3% dmg, defender: +3 armor, cleric: -3armor to enemies), and you start with +5 clarity
I think it is written in the 3rd skillbook of the blacksmith how the dark equipment can be crafted.

Last edited:
Level 12
Maybe that's the reason Undead Assault II got more played than Night of the Dead. Because as this game, it takes too much time to advance. I've explained what I meant before, and I will not do so again, for I have proven my point. Resuming, Terrania's current system sucks. It will be forgotten in the depths of time until its author do something about it.

Level 3
How do you measure that UA 2 is played more often than NotD? I doubt that, and btw Notd got more dls then UA 2 on hive.
Btw pls name some bugs which you abuse to win the game, bc i dont know any.

"In the beginning you can do half the things you can do with a better rank".
Really ? As blacksmith you can basically make a crystal sword, then a crystal armor and later a crystal helmet (which is in 99% of games not needed). Thats not HALF, thats like 5-10% more than rank 0 players can do, probably even less. For builder the same. You can make plenty of different buildings, what a max rank builder can make is just the clarity amplifier, and an improved version of crystal duplicator. Again, this is not even close your statement. Botanic not to mention, u just need 200 xp to enchant a mine, and the skill for max rank is again not unfair but just a little help.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
like Night of the Dead
That map was horriably designed. Comparing a steal axe to a stone axe does not make it a great millitry weapon (although it is still better) when you could be making tanks instead. Just because you are better than it does not make you good.

it should be reachable only for people who are really interested in the game.
So you want people who are only willing to waste 50-100 hours of their life grinding and not people who can actually play well? Many people like me are interested in such a map but just can not afford to waste their time playing the same map over and over again just to get score. The main reason I resorted to hacking was people who could not play but had spent much more time playing decided to start kicking me because my rank was too low or demanding I do not go a certain class due to locked out skills. A game like SWAT aftermath lets you max rank in about 5 games, and each game is different due to random elements where as this requires countless games and each feels exactly the same. Why must getting good in a map be a test of endurance rather than a test of skill?

as long as u have 2 people with 200 or more xp, it will be fine.
Why not just make the map auto end after 3 minutes if atleast 2 people do not load 200 xp? As you can see, logic with that is flawed. Getting 200 exp is not something easy eithor, it took me 7-9 games to get to only 100 odd and that was many versions ago where winning was easier (no late waves). The game became so much easier and more fun after I got a high rank character as no only was I more durable, but the skills meant I could create items like crystal armor which meant that even as a blacksmith I was more effective.

I also think it is no flaw of the map that you cant finish the map when u play for first or third (or even 6th or 7th) time. Because usually playing a map more often involves learning, which is also some part of the fun (i know that the learning curve is really steep, but the success you feel once u master the game is also greater compared to very easy maps). And if you would be able to finish a map when playing for first time, this map would certainly be too easy.
That is why people make difficulties in maps. There should always be a difficulty that people can win, even if they are beginners. When people get stronger due to playing more, then higher difficuilties can be made avaiable where you need the bonuses from loading to actually win. A good example is SWAT aftermath where you can only unlock nightmare difficulty (proper game playing mode) when everyone is a certain rank. Further more, higher difficulties can award more experience which could greatly reduce grinding (if you win a hard difficulty, you diserve a high rank as it shows skill).

New rank called "core founder" requires 10k xp, but it only gives a certain aura (fighter: +3% dmg, defender: +3 armor, cleric: -3armor to enemies), and you start with +5 clarity
I think it is written in the 3rd skillbook of the blacksmith how the dark equipment can be crafted.
And how many games does that take to obtain? Last time I could play it took me 7-9 to get to 1xx exp, so you are looking at 900 games? Only people with no lives or cheaters will ever obtain that, not the people who play well and truely diserve it.

Level 7
I think that winning the game on rank 0 is next to impossible, though it might be possible if there are like 4 defenders taking turns to taunt the creeps and running circles :p. But this fails hard against the ranged and golem creeps.

Anyways, found some minor issues.
1. Save in multiplayer doesn't work correctly ( not saving rank, saving the game ). Our skills got messed up badly after playing the loaded game ( most or all skills got demoted to rank 1 ) and players couldn't -save their rank.

2. How many founders are needed specifically to get the final wave? :p Me and my friends were pretty disappointed when we saw the message saying need more founders to investigate the orb or something, as we were interested in finding out more about the story.

Well that's pretty much everything. Nice update, I like it! =)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. Save in multiplayer doesn't work correctly ( not saving rank, saving the game ). Our skills got messed up badly after playing the loaded game ( most or all skills got demoted to rank 1 ) and players couldn't -save their rank.
This is the case for most maps. Save is broken and blizzard can not be bothered to fix it. It does not save trigger states correctly so a lot of complex systems get broken when saving a map.

Level 3
That map was horriably designed.
well the map design/terrain of NotD wasnt great, but the more important part was the gameplay and the required teamwork, thats what made the map unique.

So you want people who are only willing to waste 50-100 hours of their life grinding and not people who can actually play well?

You actually need that time to improve. Because even when u basically know everything most people still act very slow, although they can craft everything, know all tricks etc.

Why not just make the map auto end after 3 minutes if atleast 2 people do not load 200 xp? As you can see, logic with that is flawed. Getting 200 exp is not something easy eithor, it took me 7-9 games to get to only 100 odd and that was many versions ago where winning was easier (no late waves).

Why should the logic be flawed? If u have 1 or 2 people with 200+ xp (mainly as u need Crystal swords for beating golem wave, but thats it) you can finish, if u DONT HAVE THEM, then u can still make it past wave 3 or wave 4 and save.

And how many games does that take to obtain? Last time I could play it took me 7-9 to get to 1xx exp, so you are looking at 900 games? Only people with no lives or cheaters will ever obtain that, not the people who play well and truely diserve it.

It is just normal that you dont earn as much xp at the very beginning, i.e playing for 1st -10th time, but later u will earn alot more, for example i and my friends we usually get 120+ (even 150+) xp (ca. 100 is good value). But if we assume u play fighter, get to lvl 30 and finish, that is 79xp per game, so u need just 3 games and u can craft crystal sword, just stop by at clan eto and you will find some good games with high probability for finishing.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
well the map design/terrain of NotD wasnt great, but the more important part was the gameplay and the required teamwork, thats what made the map unique.
SWAT aftermath had the same idea of teamwork but executed it much better. Atleast SWAT aftermath does not peanalise you for loading (especially the SC2 NotD).

You actually need that time to improve. Because even when u basically know everything most people still act very slow, although they can craft everything, know all tricks etc.
For people with major learning dissibilities, maybe, but for people who can actually play this is not a valid argument. Skill and number of games played has nothing in common. Yes for your first few plays you still learn about everything but once you see how to use a class properly you can prety much get into the swing of things in 2 games.

Why should the logic be flawed? If u have 1 or 2 people with 200+ xp (mainly as u need Crystal swords for beating golem wave, but thats it) you can finish, if u DONT HAVE THEM, then u can still make it past wave 3 or wave 4 and save.
Because the game is "unwinnable"? Even giving people the pretense of winning is not a nice thing to do as no mater how hard or how skilled they are they would still lose. This defeats the purpose of skill altogether and just makes the game require grinding.

It is just normal that you dont earn as much xp at the very beginning, i.e playing for 1st -10th time, but later u will earn alot more, for example i and my friends we usually get 120+ (even 150+) xp (ca. 100 is good value). But if we assume u play fighter, get to lvl 30 and finish, that is 79xp per game, so u need just 3 games and u can craft crystal sword, just stop by at clan eto and you will find some good games with high probability for finishing.
Have you even bothered looking at the triggers? The map maker wasted time and effort that could have been put into the map and make it better to instead make triggers just to kick me when I join with my main account. Yes I could just make a spoof account and gen me a new code but instead I could just play SWAT aftermath.

Why the maker did this? Well frankly he ignored my positive feedback (left the bugs in) and instead focused the time that could have been spent on improving the map just to make it kick an account I can change in a mear minute.

Even if you earn 100 exp a game, that still expects you to play 100 games which are all prety much identical. Frankly there is not enough replayability to govern that many plays as every session I played felt... prety much... the same...

Level 7
I wish someone would upload a replay of newbies winning the game at low/average ranks... 1 rank 15 fighter can pretty much pwn everything with a cleric supporting all the way until halfway through the second ( trees ) wave without any items lol, would be pretty awesome to see how noobs beat the faceless void-thingies wave, haven't seen that yet...

Level 9
So much text here o_O
I personally like to play this map on LaN quite much, but my only complaint (for now) is how disgusting the terrain is.

Level 3
I will make the proposal to my friends that we make a no load game (or just 1 person loads 200+ code to make crystal swords) to show u it is possible to win.

@Dr Super Good i dont play NotD on SC2 either :) and i really look forward to play terra with you (with a spoof) where u can proof me wrong and show me that after 5 games (or i dont know how many games u played in total) you are as good and fast as my friends and me. If you are, then you probably belong to a group of 1% of all players, bc 99% of all people i see with 200, or even 2500xp arent nearly as fast as we are (they just waste alot of time with crafting, building etc.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Next to me having not played the game for over a year and that much content was appended/altered...

Anyway the start I used to use was botnisit went to lower left path and started clearing while blacksmith and builder went around map quickly to find the crystals and other resources needed while the fighters went to do some of the quests. Bot built up a garden (prety much a 5*5 block) which was then farmed using rain and worked on refining as much as possible. The aim was then to make some fortifications to funnel the waves while the blacksmith made crystal armors (and 1 weapon for melee classes).

Sadly the maker removed the lower left corner I believe for some reason... It was a nice build spot.

Level 7
Just reached the demon wave with a few friends, and I must say it was insanely fun, even though we lost bcz of the demon commander's rain of fire, and I stupidly suicided the converted draenei-type-boss lol.

Level 3
Using the missing tool part at the dranie boss can charm it :) . 1 more thing i wan ask , when we wan repair upgraded crystal lamp , cant click unless we use auto-repair , can fix ?

Level 3
When the Mine is Drilling , there will spawn a blue fire . Can you add locust ability at the Blue fire LoL , 1 more thing , when the Mine is drilling , can you put time expiration on the dummy unit [ blue fire ] . 1 more thing i wan ask , when there is a enemy unit nearby the crystal lamp , it will burn the enemy life but when we upgrade that lamp , we cancel the upgrade , no more immolation at the lamp but when finish upgrade then got again .

Level 3
From what i heard from Lahey its not possible to fix the repair bug of the upgraded lamp (not being able to select it) because its part of the lamp model, so as long as the model wont be replaced with another i think it cant be fixed.

Why you want locust ability added to blue fire???

About lamp upgrade, its normal that it does not damage enemies when upgrading but when u cancel upgrade ofc it should hit enemies again, havent really noticed the bug as i never cancel uprades (usually fighters/defenders are able to take care of enemies so i have enough time to upgrade lamps).

Level 7
The lamp model is clickable, for some reason the crystal on top is selectable but the pedestal isn't.
I think Kurimuraz is saying that the blue fire isn't removed when the mine is destroyed while drilling, this happened the last time I played with him/her...

Level 3
I wan locust ability to add to it cause to make it likes an effect :] , The crystal duplicator level 2 , the thing got brilliance aura under it , the aura can be clicked :] . if the duplicator break while it is in blue form , the brilliance aura wont gone .

Level 3
If the blue fire is a unit with locust ability , remove shadow and collision size , its gonna be almost 100% looks like an effect for me :]

Level 7
Please buff the dark-sword-thingy ( forgot the name ) with more stats or reduce the number of crystal swords needed...4 crystal swords is just too expensive a trade-off for 200 atk =X

Also, please add these messages to the game:
1. "Mine is ready to start drilling"
2. "Clarity Crystal is ready to be used"

or anything else similar that reminds the players.

Level 3
Now here is a replay of us winning Terra 1.04 without loading, we also tryed the bonus wave, but as it is designed for high ranks ofc we failed.

Attachments

• TerraNoLoad.w3g
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
Level 3
... somehow i saw that coming. Ofc we did finish the game with rank 0. This is an optional wave. You can still win the game (without loading) without having to play this wave. And as i said... this was designed especially for high rank people.

Level 1
Wow I was told to check out some comments on here and surprisingly entertaining. BTW ppl if you cheat your way through to the highest rank in a map why would you continue to play it? It's like having money cheat for the sims just make it really boring even when you're watching your sims woohoo I mean come on! The whole purpose of having save/load is to learn the game and eventually master it and then feel a sense of achievement or nerdiness when you have reached the highest rank and for some like me just keep enjoying the game. And no its not possible to get highest rank in 5 games if you like short games go download yahoo mini games.... Is it possible to play an orpg and get the highest rank in 7.5 hours? Unless the map is 1mb? And whining about rightfully being banned for hacking your way to 100k is.. well DURR? It's taken me almost a year to get 25k why would it be fair to let a noob play @ 100k xp? And some ppl worked hard to get founder so clearly a hacker is not welcome (doesn't this apply to all maps anyways?). :vw_wtf: And anyone can tell you I'm noob intolerant but then anyone can tell you that if a newbie listens I will coach him/her in any games I'm in and that's the difference. I hate people that comes into a brand new game and takes no time to ask questions/advise and jump straight into the important roles thinking ye I'll just swing it, what else do u expect except flaming from team mates? :goblin_yeah:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
BTW ppl if you cheat your way through to the highest rank in a map why would you continue to play it?
Because a fun map is fun no mater what you load?

The whole purpose of having save/load is to learn the game and eventually master it and then feel a sense of achievement or nerdiness when you have reached the highest rank and for some like me just keep enjoying the game.
Not everyone who plays WC3 has mental conditions limiting their rate of learning (I am not saying you have, just your statement implies everyone does). For such a simple map it is possible to master how to play well within 2-3 games, 1 if you observe someone who has mastered the game play. It is not DotA with umpteen billion heroes, and hundreds of choices everywhere, that sort of map takes 25-75 games to even get into swing and hundreds to master.

And no its not possible to get highest rank in 5 games if you like short games go download yahoo mini games....
It is possible in SWAT aftermath.
Game 1 pin, rank 9
Game 2 pin, rank 10
Game 3 long surv, rank 11
Game 4 nm, rank 12 (max)

Many RPGs like TKoK also let you get high ranks in 1 game if you play though it properly, and that map is very long to.

Is it possible to play an orpg and get the highest rank in 7.5 hours?
I think you used to be able to do this in TKoK RPG if you had a good team who could level at continious tough mob. Most good RPGs should have about a 7.5 hour or less time till max or near max for a class unless the code is generic (for all classes) in which case higher times can be acceptable.
You must remember that a map is just part of WC3, it is competing for time with other maps. If your map is slow and boring to get anywhere (like this) it will easilly lose out to much faster paced maps where you have a lot more to do or just are rewarded faster.

And whining about rightfully being banned for hacking your way to 100k is.. well DURR?
No, I was winning the unskilled map maker actually bothered wasting time and lowering map performance just to kick people joining with the name "drsupergood" case insensitive. The fact that I can create a new account and gen me a new 100K in less than 5 minutes entirly excaped him. The fact I have not bothered recently is that there are frankly better maps for me to spend my time on. By the way, I did do this in the past to play the map but frankly I have not fealt like recreating the account to do it again.

well DURR? It's taken me almost a year to get 25k why would it be fair to let a noob play @ 100k xp?
And what you have to show for all that time you speant? An ordered collection of ASCII characters representing data which I can make in a few minutes. Were all those sessions of the map really more fun than playing another map or even moving to a different game?

And what evidence do you have that I am a "noob"? It could well be that with an attitude towards maps like you have that you are a 25K "noob" like you got in maps like NotD all the time. However as I have not seen you play I can not make such an acquisation but like wise you can not make one towards me as you have not seen me play. The fact is that code experience has nothing to do with player skill, only amount of hours of ones life you waste on the map which is a rather bad design for a map.

you can't access the bonus wave without being founder hence it's called secret wave
we also tryed the bonus wave, but as it is designed for high ranks ofc we failed.
These 2 contridict each other. One person is saying they tried the bonus wave with fresh characters but failed doing it, while the other says it requires loaded characters to even initiate (special unlock).

I hate people that comes into a brand new game and takes no time to ask questions/advise and jump straight into the important roles thinking ye I'll just swing it, what else do u expect except flaming from team mates?
The major problem is people listening. The number of games I played where we said only make 1 forge yet people made multiple really was annoying (as only 1 forge can or atleast could back then work at a time). If someone jumps on an important role, does something wrong then someone on the team should immediatly correct them by giving constructive feedback like (that is usless, or make crystal armor etc).

The map is hardly difficult to play well. The fighter classes are prety much implicit, as they follow very simple WC3 combat mechanics so one can prety much hop in play like a "pro" as long as you are aware of what you are up against and have played atleast some WC3. The builder classes are more tricky as what they need to do is not very implicit. However as long as people atleast hint you as to what you must do, you can end up doing it well easilly.

What is annoying about this map is the builder class "exclusiveness". Just because you can not make crystal armor, people would force you not to take that blacksmith over someone who can. Even to the stage where people admiting they have never blacksmithed before (for the same reason) were being made to blacksmith over somone with a low rank but who has blacksmithed many times. I resorted to fixing this by simply giving myself 100K exp via simple script export and modification. After I did this no one ever refused me a position I wanted on the grounds of "you do not have enough rank".

The only reason this map has aged so well is the fact it is hosted by a bot like 24/7 for years. Most people like myself played it 20-30 times back when it was first released and got prety bored of it (seen everything, done everything). The fact the map was made even longer does not particually make me want to play it, as the old one used to waste 1-2 hours of time a full session.

Level 7
Now here is a replay of us winning Terra 1.04 without loading, we also tryed the bonus wave, but as it is designed for high ranks ofc we failed.

:goblin_jawdrop:Oh God.
Well, now I can only complain about the terrain and ( sort of ) boring combat classes, as it seems that the game being near-impossible to win without load was just a result of our slow reflexes.

Thanks a lot for this, it will point out and correct many flaws in our gameplay style.

Edit: Annoying, I got this error message when trying to look at the replay ( I was running v1.26a ). Does anyone have a solution for this?

Attachments

• Fatal Error.jpg
    Fatal Error.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 3
Well i use the latest patch (playing on official server ofc), have you tryed to restart pc and watch replay again? Cuz i cant think of a possible reason why it shouldnt work.

@Drsupergood: As the bonus wave is designed for higher ranks and as you need to have at least 3 founders OFC we had to load our ranks AFTER we won the normal 7 wave game. But we failed as we had no crystal items etc.

Level 7
Well, someone who is new wouldn't be able to start the final wave, so that doesn't really matter much...
I'm using 1.26a to view the replay as well, but it won't work for some reason, keep getting that error when about 3/4 of the loading bar is done and i get crashed out to the desktop.

Level 1
Because a fun map is fun no mater what you load?

Not everyone who plays WC3 has mental conditions limiting their rate of learning (I am not saying you have, just your statement implies everyone does). For such a simple map it is possible to master how to play well within 2-3 games, 1 if you observe someone who has mastered the game play. It is not DotA with umpteen billion heroes, and hundreds of choices everywhere, that sort of map takes 25-75 games to even get into swing and hundreds to master.

Wow you have a very weird definition of fun. Is it fun to go into a brand new game with max out code? May be that's why you only ever last in games for 2-3 games. So tell me this how do you actually have fun playing when you just skipped to maximum level? What else is there to do? And you can't train newbies cuz let's face it you are one and you can't play with your friends cuz it's practically your first time playing. Every good map should have a learning curve that is long otherwise it's a one off map which will just die out in a month or so. And I'm sorry but you can't master the game in 2-3 games ask anyone that is playing right now and you'll find I'm right.

It is possible in SWAT aftermath.
Game 1 pin, rank 9
Game 2 pin, rank 10
Game 3 long surv, rank 11
Game 4 nm, rank 12 (max)

Many RPGs like TKoK also let you get high ranks in 1 game if you play though it properly, and that map is very long to.

I think you used to be able to do this in TKoK RPG if you had a good team who could level at continious tough mob. Most good RPGs should have about a 7.5 hour or less time till max or near max for a class unless the code is generic (for all classes) in which case higher times can be acceptable.
You must remember that a map is just part of WC3, it is competing for time with other maps. If your map is slow and boring to get anywhere (like this) it will easilly lose out to much faster paced maps where you have a lot more to do or just are rewarded faster.

This is speed levelling and yes you get rewarded faster but how long would this 1 game take? My point was you just can't get maximum level with 7.5 hours which is what you said terrania should reward so please read everything b4 cutting sentences in half and analyze.

No, I was winning the unskilled map maker actually bothered wasting time and lowering map performance just to kick people joining with the name "drsupergood" case insensitive. The fact that I can create a new account and gen me a new 100K in less than 5 minutes entirly excaped him. The fact I have not bothered recently is that there are frankly better maps for me to spend my time on. By the way, I did do this in the past to play the map but frankly I have not fealt like recreating the account to do it again.

That took him 20 sec to write your name in the code line. And it takes him 20 sec to hack a code too so I don't understand why you think this would in anyways astound a person who has created a map that requires more than 100 lines of code which is what your code gen probably doesn't even consist of. Plus you're not really welcome to play with high ranked players anyways. If any1 does eventually reach 100k experience they can do everything with 1 hand and still be much faster than you. This is the whole point of having experience, from it you can see what you'd expect from ppl. What ppl might expect from you with 100k code will be truly disappointing. And the sad thing is if you hadn't made it such an obvious code it might not have even slipped anyone's minds.

And what you have to show for all that time you speant? An ordered collection of ASCII characters representing data which I can make in a few minutes. Were all those sessions of the map really more fun than playing another map or even moving to a different game?

I have the fun memories of playing with ppl that are interesting and enjoying a map that I really like. If it wasn't fun to play why would I play it? Do you enter into a lobby of a game you don't like? Do I play other games? Yes I do. Do I hack in any other games just to get ahead cuz it takes too long to gain xp.. No I don't. You don't get the game, it's a team game where you rely on others as they rely on you, codes don't mean a thing the skills and the fun does. And now it's extremely hard so having hackers in a game is a waste of a space where other genuinely interested and honest person can play in it.

And what evidence do you have that I am a "noob"? It could well be that with an attitude towards maps like you have that you are a 25K "noob" like you got in maps like NotD all the time. However as I have not seen you play I can not make such an acquisation but like wise you can not make one towards me as you have not seen me play. The fact is that code experience has nothing to do with player skill, only amount of hours of ones life you waste on the map which is a rather bad design for a map.

Noone with 10 games under their belt can be called a pro. At best you're average noob. Wanna prove me wrong? hit it. There's no point comparing my skills in other maps when we're not really talking about them. I've seen many good ppl play terra and I've never seen them be able to do so well with only 10 games or less experience so it's not a presumption it's a fact that you are noob or average whichever u prefer that would save face for you I don't care. I would be glad to be proven wrong if you're up to the challenge. Even with loading your gen code. And yes code xp has nothing to do with player skills so why are you trying to deceive other members? Why can't you load a code that gives a true and fair level of your skills? I don't understand how is that a bad design for a map when the code tells others your skills level? Isn't that what codes were made for in the first place?

These 2 contridict each other. One person is saying they tried the bonus wave with fresh characters but failed doing it, while the other says it requires loaded characters to even initiate (special unlock).

Again you don't read the whole sentence but only sees what you think you can contradict. He saids we loaded at the end to unlock the secret wave. If you can't read the whole point and just are here to create tension then why are you even a critic?

The major problem is people listening. The number of games I played where we said only make 1 forge yet people made multiple really was annoying (as only 1 forge can or atleast could back then work at a time). If someone jumps on an important role, does something wrong then someone on the team should immediatly correct them by giving constructive feedback like (that is usless, or make crystal armor etc).

Or they could not play the important role and watch how others played it. Isn't that how you think they should learn?

The map is hardly difficult to play well. The fighter classes are prety much implicit, as they follow very simple WC3 combat mechanics so one can prety much hop in play like a "pro" as long as you are aware of what you are up against and have played atleast some WC3. The builder classes are more tricky as what they need to do is not very implicit. However as long as people atleast hint you as to what you must do, you can end up doing it well easilly.

What is annoying about this map is the builder class "exclusiveness". Just because you can not make crystal armor, people would force you not to take that blacksmith over someone who can. Even to the stage where people admiting they have never blacksmithed before (for the same reason) were being made to blacksmith over somone with a low rank but who has blacksmithed many times. I resorted to fixing this by simply giving myself 100K exp via simple script export and modification. After I did this no one ever refused me a position I wanted on the grounds of "you do not have enough rank".

The reasons why ppl don't get to play with no codes is because they probably have never played before or like you played a few times. Why would a higher xp be favoured? It's because recipes are readily available and they would know what the combat team requires at certain point of the game and they would know the basic requirements for each items faster than a newbie who's trying to figure it out for the first time or even who has played a few times and never made it to save. Also without crystal items unless you have a very good combat team you will never win and most ppl given a choice between possibly winning and making it to save you shouldn't be surprised what they'd choose. And from my own experience after even 10 games or so you still can't correspond to what other players are asking if you're doing a crafter job with other high level crafters. It would take years for a blacksmith who has done it 5 times for example not making to save to be able to read what the others are asking of him/her. You say you can master the game in 2-3 games but even the faster and better players I have played with can't handle crafting after 10-20 games with more skilled crafters.

The only reason this map has aged so well is the fact it is hosted by a bot like 24/7 for years. Most people like myself played it 20-30 times back when it was first released and got prety bored of it (seen everything, done everything). The fact the map was made even longer does not particually make me want to play it, as the old one used to waste 1-2 hours of time a full session.

If the map was boring a host bot that hosts it 24/7 wouldn't make a difference. And ppl would get bored of it if they hacked their way to 100k xp. The fact that you are criticising a new version when you haven't actually tried it doesn't give this statement any credibility in my mind at all. You can argue all you'd like but if a person is criticising a map that they haven't played should just get their post removed for wasting other ppl's time in reading it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Again you call me unskiled without any evidence at all. Obviously if I was to jump into it right now I might not perform as well as I did in the past since I have not played for over a year and many of the fatal bugs hopefully have been removed. It used to be a simple mater of kiting boss around map (they fixed it getting stuck) while builders made full sets of crystal armor. Now there are strange waves after the boss you use the tool on which used to be called the "final boss". Still I am sure I can become good at it again easilly unless the basic map concepts are changed massivly to require precision.

astound a person who has created a map that requires more than 100 lines of code
His map was made mostly in GUI, which is why it leaked so much and had so many bugs. I hope he has finally decided to use JASS.

Infact I may try it again later tonight. I have a feeling a lot of the strats are no longer possible (which raises the question why they were ever possible).

Level 3
as my replay didnt work for some reason, i got the replay from someone else, hopefully this is working
-> us winning terrania without loading

and just 1 more sentence to conclude the whole "its boring to grind to high lvl, so cheating is a solution" discussion.
There is a saying which fits in many cases for everyday life and so does it for games.
"The journey is the reward."
By cheating you miss out on most of the fun of getting to know, exploring, understanding (and thus having the intrinsic reward when you improve your skills or when you are successful with sth.) a map or a game in general.

Attachments

• Terraniav104NoLoad.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 3
frostloh , i think i saw you in garena i think , if not mistaken . . . . i saw you spamming in the room =='' ctrl + enter . i think last year . . .

Level 7
Great replay

Do crystal lamps effect stack? there was a lot of them in one place o_O

Really nice maze, never though that walls could give creeps such a bad time =P

Rain lags players when I play, does that happen to you too?

Combat classes were really good as well, the combat classes I play with usually scramble madly to get weapons, blame healers when they die, die from tanking creeps at red hp...you know xD

Hope you can add some extra skills for the botan/builder if there's going to be another update ( something like Blacksmith's Dark recipe book )

@Kurimuraz: ( off-topic ) I spam when those game promoting guys go too far and spam so much that I can't even talk to my friends in the lobby. Just giving them a taste of their own medicine =P
I'm not stupid enough to waste my time spamming though, I just leave a spambot on for 1-5 minutes and usually it's silent out there when I get back. If not...rinse and repeat
Btw, you may know me better as CrimsonOblivion...I use my alt to play most times on Garena.

Level 3
Crystal lamps never stack, neither 2 upgraded lamps nor 1 upgraded and 1 normal lamp. Why we build alot of lamps anyway ? Basically: 1st to have the area covered 100% with the damaging aura and 2nd to have some redundant lamps in case 1 lamp is destroyed by mobs, bc then there will still be some lamps close by which will continue to deal dmg.

I dont have the maze and placement of the lamps of this replay in mind anymore (so i dont know what exactly you mean by "one place"), but usually you shouldnt build lamps attached to each other, but rather scatter them in the base.