• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Sure.
I can wait. It would be alright for you to not place all doodads.
I can do the others and try to follow your style, in placing doodads of course.

Even just 1/2 ~ 3/4 of the map would do.
The minimap is attached.
The legend is:
- Black = City
- Green (Lol, dont know why I picked green) = Forest
- Gray = Mountain/Highlands
- Blue = River

Also, check the format, edited a few fields.

Attachments

• minimap.JPG
    minimap.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 90
Level 18
Alright then, i'll start soon.

:EDIT:

Okay, I only just seen you edited post, so sorry for not noticing that before i started working, but this is the type of stuff i had in mind, tell me what you think. This is only a quick WIP.
wip01.jpg

Also, Deserts don't have Any Rivers, only Oasis' and Small Lakes/Dried out lakes. and they don't have forest's either really. More like, a few palm trees/cactus every now and then.

:EDIT:

Map001.jpg

Blue :- Oasis/Lake
Gray :- Dense Sand Dunes/Hills
Black :- City
Brown :- Wasteland/empty desert(with doodad's/details)

What you think?

Last edited:
Level 18
So, you want your terrain to basically be like this?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ent-evil-playable-terrain-190237/#post1851813

Because i do still have that map, i found it on my computer, but it's a custom made Ultimate Terraining map, i just imported every single 'Modern' type doodad into the Born2Modificate map, the map it's self is 62,000kb. So it's big, but if you wanted that map instead, i could just send that to you?

Level 4
can someone make a map for me??..
a 280x280 map with a zombie apocalypse theme?.. if there is anyone available who will take my request :)

Level 18
Wow. People like big maps nowadays yeah?

If you guys want, i could set up a kit for both your maps, based on a Forest/city Zombie/post Armageddon theme, and import, rename all the models/doodads? Make it easy for use, then you guys could try yourselves, and if that fails i will do it for you.. it's just 280x280 and 190x160 are big maps to work with.

Level 4
... well i can wait if ur too busy with the other one ^_^... i needed a big map bcoz there are 2 bases and some camps.... and my map gets crappy when i terrain it xD.... so if u have time u can make my map...

Level 4
Are you still taking requests? If yes tell me who I can PM please :)
It's not something hard (I think so) just want it to look better :p because I'm a noob terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.