• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Yes i see what both of you mean, it was a bit bland and too symeterical to be realistic, this any better?

newstarter.jpg

Level 3
Due to some Fu***d up cliffs I had to reset the tileset, this means I have had to retile quite alot of places..... Anyway updated pics:

WC3ScrnShot_052406_180530_0.jpg

tpwn-1.jpg

Level 5
watrerfulzg8.png

20 minute waterfall =/

First try at one.

towerbz7.png

Observatory from my CTF.

(I only started using the editor about 10 days ago, so be nices :wink: )

Level 1
That's pretty good for only working in the WE for 10 days only thing I could see wrong was some of the water fall was comming out of the sky and not the rest of the water but your observatory looks great

Level 2
i was just experimenting in some terraining and so i made a bridge in the woods in two variations - and i would like to know your opinion about which one is the betterlooking.

This one:
bridge1.jpg

Or ths one:
bridge2.jpg

Thanks

Level 2
no, the main difference between the two pics is the bridge in the middle (i'm sure you've seen), and actually my question should focus that.
to the atmosphere: it should become gloomy (and a path in an elven village ...) but i havent experienced with the fog effects yet - so don#t think to much about the 'gloomy'.

then the first one was made with the use of many doodads together, but using the table-no-legs model. the second bridge is a custom model witch can be found in the ultimate terraining map (you'll find it at wc3campaigns).

Level 22
ohyes i c the difference between the bridges. well to make it more gloomy, i use the 'green lightning effect' model (i found a way withut using WEU for That map. dl WEU, use it on some standard map (with all the extra stuff) and open the map, go to import manager and export the lightning effeects (models)

i used it when i was mapmaking to

forestpath4xy.jpg

(look at the mushrooms and the tree stump)

Status
Not open for further replies.